Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? (16327 Views)

Help! What Do I Do With My Ancestry? / Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry / How Far Can You Trace Your Genealogy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by dempeople(m): 8:07am On Feb 03, 2012
My ancestors were a mixture of warriors and traders in ancient Aro confederacy. I've also visited some graves dating back to at least the 1700's.

1 Like

Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by MarcAnthon(m): 4:51am On Feb 04, 2012
dem_people:

My ancestors were a mixture of warriors and traders in ancient Aro confederacy. I've also visited some graves dating back to at least the 1700's.

grin shocked lipsrsealed

@OP, we're supposed to be descendants of the Isrealis, according to folks. For some reason, I haven't been piqued enough to research for myself. I don't know whether that is supposed to make me feel superior or inferior to anyone. I just know that I like to think of myself first as a Nigerian and then a world citizen. At any rate whatever I have become today has been between me and God, no one of them ancestors added anything good or bad to my life, except maybe my skin color and country of origin.
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by tevinsolt: 5:02am On Feb 05, 2012
oduduwa, my father's family are royal in one of the 7 land of yoruba so they trace their ancestry to oduduwa.
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by EzeCanada: 11:54am On Feb 08, 2012
I am the great grand son of Eri. The progenitor of the Igbo race. Eri first settled in Obu Gad in Enugu Aguleri, in the present day Aguleri Kingdom.

Eri is one of Gad's son while Gad is one the sons of Jacob. The progenitor of the present day Israel.

Please visit below link for more info and details.

www.Igbofriendsofisrael.com
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by ChinenyeN(m): 1:46pm On Feb 08, 2012
. . . . . . . . . hmph
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by eemmason(m): 2:33pm On Feb 08, 2012
Really funny to me when i see people giving themselve headache cuz of their histories, All i know is; my history doesn't stop me from being what i wanna be. I wish u all luck in ur quest!
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by odumchi: 9:03pm On Feb 08, 2012
EzeCanada:

I am the great grand son of Eri. The progenitor of the Igbo race. Eri first settled in Obu Gad in Enugu Aguleri, in the present day Aguleri Kingdom.

Eri is one of Gad's son while Gad is one the sons of Jacob. The progenitor of the present day Israel.

Lol, you'd have to be pretty old then.
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:49pm On Feb 14, 2012
EzeCanada:

what a fool. so are you saying you are around 2000 years old
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Sholaf(f): 12:42pm On Mar 06, 2012
I can date mine from the 15th century. The Oyo Empire "Onigbogi"
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Ybutterfly: 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2012
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Nobody: 2:57am On Mar 25, 2013
Now
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Nobody: 3:13am On Mar 25, 2013
My ancestry probably is modern day Benin. grin

Since it was said a majority of Haitians came from there.
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Nobody: 3:51am On Mar 25, 2013
I Love My Haitian Queens. Very Underrated, Have Dated Plenty of Them from Up North.

Haitian Beauty Often Never Talked About.
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Nobody: 3:52am On Mar 25, 2013
DaRapture: I'm Black-American, a descendant of Slaves and immigrants, and it seems as though I can trace my ancestry back further than most of you Africans. cheesy

Fam, you got problems.

Some Native African Woman must have really hurt your feelings pretty Bad.
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Nobody: 4:16am On Mar 25, 2013
I love my haitian girls too and agreed they are underrated beauty. But some can have some nasty a$$ attitudes like my AA girls. undecided
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Nobody: 4:20am On Mar 25, 2013
Nasty Attitudes the Better Imo

Love an Aggressive Feisty Mean Evil Witch of a Biitch

I Luv Niqqer Vigor
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Nobody: 4:24am On Mar 25, 2013
^^you must like it when your girl beats you during sex. grin

just being honest I cant handle girls with bad attitudes.
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Nobody: 4:30am On Mar 25, 2013
I luv in Nyc, so im use to their behavior

Shy Quiet Women are a Turn Off Imo
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by pirate1: 4:35am On Mar 29, 2013
more than 3,000 years. I can personally name my forefathers for 20 generations.

I AM SOMALI.
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:20pm On Mar 29, 2013
pirate1: more than 3,000 years. I can personally name my forefathers for 20 generations.

I AM SOMALI.

dont lie. who was your ancestor 3000 yrs ago?

I know many Somalis and none can trace there ancestry even 200 yrs ago. all your geneologies are mostly forged and you try to connect with arabs.
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 29, 2013
500years.
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Blyss: 3:29am On Mar 30, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: 500years.

Who was your grand pappy 500 years ago?
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 30, 2013
Blyss: Damn it's hard out here being an Ugly Lightskin Dude...Especially with these Awkward Teeth

How you Living Fam?....

Yeah Brah, I know it must be tough, I seen a few of you Pisss Colored Yellow Niqqahz Walking Around in Central Park just a few Moments ago while i was out there Jogging

Man, Those Dudes Looked Lonely as Hell.

3 of them, just sitting there Conversing with themselves and Whining About How Spanish Women don't want them.

I felt bad for them.

Thank God I'm Mixed and Pretty and Not Born as a Genetic Defective Urine Colored Negroid With No Unique Features that Stand Out..

May God Blesseth all the Piss Colored Yellow Urine Toned Niqqahz all throughout America, Us Gorgeous Mixed People Pray for You All..

........God Life Must be Tough being an Ugly Lightskin Blk Guy.......

Awkward and Corny, No Spanish Accent,No Blatino Accent, No Swag, No Hair, No Identity, No African Warrior-Ness to Speak Of..

Just a Regular Black Dude with Melanin Deficiencies, A Defective Negroid Organism......

A Watered Down Negro........

A Diluted Black Man........

A Knockoff....

An OffBrand....

A Fake......

A Fraud.....

A Fraudulent Niqqah...

A Counterfeit Clone of A Cloak, A Mock of Mother Africa....

I wouldn't wish that Upon any Female, not even my worst female Enemy

Keep Ya Head up Brotha, Im sure there is some self hating Darkskin Chick Looking for a Urine Colored Savior

As Far as the Topic, I'm West African and Boricua.... cool

2 Likes

Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Antivirus92(m): 5:01pm On Mar 30, 2013
Descendant of onye-ezuna clan in dim-ubana village oraukwu. My anscestor migrated from umueri, neni whose anscestral home is im agukwu-nri.
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 30, 2013
Actually more than 500years
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Blyss: 8:32pm On Mar 30, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII:

How you Living Fam?....

Yeah Brah, I know it must be tough, I seen a few of you Pisss Colored Yellow Niqqahz Walking Around in Central Park just a few Moments ago while i was out there Jogging

Man, Those Dudes Looked Lonely as Hell.

3 of them, just sitting there Conversing with themselves and Whining About How Spanish Women don't want them.

I felt bad for them.

Thank God I'm Mixed and Pretty and Not Born as a Genetic Defective Urine Colored Negroid With No Unique Features that Stand Out..

May God Blesseth all the Piss Colored Yellow Urine Toned Niqqahz all throughout America, Us Gorgeous Mixed People Pray for You All..

........God Life Must be Tough being an Ugly Lightskin Blk Guy.......

Awkward and Corny, No Spanish Accent,No Blatino Accent, No Swag, No Hair, No Identity, No African Warrior-Ness to Speak Of..

Just a Regular Black Dude with Melanin Deficiencies, A Defective Negroid Organism......

A Watered Down Negro........

A Diluted Black Man........

A Knockoff....

An OffBrand....

A Fake......

A Fraud.....

A Fraudulent Niqqah...

A Counterfeit Clone of A Cloak, A Mock of Mother Africa....

I wouldn't wish that Upon any Female, not even my worst female Enemy

Keep Ya Head up Brotha, Im sure there is some self hating Darkskin Chick Looking for a Urine Colored Savior

As Far as the Topic, I'm West African and Boricua.... cool

Lol. My biggest fan's still chatting me up. Keep up the good work lil Pitta Rican, Niqqa. smiley smiley
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Blyss: 8:33pm On Mar 30, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Actually more than 500years

Doubt it.
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 30, 2013
^^who cares
answer the topic.period
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Blyss: 4:38am On Mar 31, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: ^^who cares
answer the topic.period

I already did. I'm able to trace my ancestry back farther than the majority of you Africans, is what I've concluded.
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Nobody: 5:02am On Mar 31, 2013
^^ grin grin It's not a competition.
Beside we ain't obsessed with that, so it shouldn't surprise you that most of us don't care, just scroll up.
Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Blyss: 5:11pm On Mar 31, 2013
Yeah, that's no surprise considering that you'all have pretty much allowed all of the ancient structural remenents of past empires crumble to nothingness, leading most of the world today to believe that the sub continent has never developed any thriving great civilizations. For example, the towering great moats of Benin City raved about in the Portuguese documentations of their travels to the ancient city.. are basically all gone, due to primarily a lack of care to maintain them for future generations to admire and marvel at.

All that's left are some minute abstract outer ring sections in which are buried under trash and jungle thickets; end result is that today Edo girls are out in mass all over Europe selling thier azzes, do to a lack of education as to the great power people they descend from. What a shame that you African don't cherish your histories as all of the great powers today do, hence the reason they are currently great powers.

Your history is the root of your pride and strength as a people, a lack of respect for it will certainly lead you into self destruction, hence Africa and the PIGS.

2 Likes

Re: How Far Back Can You Trace Your Ancestry? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 31, 2013
Blyss: Yeah, that's no surprise considering that you'all have pretty much allowed all of the ancient structural remenents of past empires crumble to nothingness, leading most of the world today to believe that the sub continent has never developed any thriving great civilizations. For example, the towering great moats of Benin City raved about in the Portuguese documentations of their travels to the ancient city.. are basically all gone, due to primarily a lack of care to maintain them for future generations to admire and marvel at.

All that's left are some minute abstract outer ring sections in which are buried under trash and jungle thickets; end result is that today Edo girls are out in mass all over Europe selling thier azzes, do to a lack of education as to the great power people they descend from. What a shame that you African don't cherish your histories as all of the great powers today do, hence the reason they are currently great powers.

Your history is the root of your pride and strength as a people, a lack of respect for it will certainly lead you into self destruction, hence Africa and the PIGS.

Jesuz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Uncover Plan To Abduct Arugba During Osun Osogbo Festival / A Question For Yorubas - What Is An "egbere"? / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Cultural Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.