Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. (6382 Views)

Minister Of Power,works And Housing,babatunde Fashola Pledges Continuity / Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation / FG To Link BVN With National ID Card By 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by EkoIle1: 3:19am On Jan 30, 2012
Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Committee
• The late Ikemba was as much a Lagosian as he was a Nigerian", he says[b]

Jan 27, 2012 - Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), Friday hosted the National Funeral Committee of the Late Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, pledging the support of the State Government to the Committee to ensure a befitting burial for the former Military Governor of the defunct Eastern Region.[/b]

Late Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu, who died in a London hospital in the early hours of Saturday, November 26, 2011, will be buried on February 30 after a 40 day funeral ceremony which will be held variously in parts of the country including Lagos, Kano and Enugu between February 14 and 29, 2012.

Addressing members of the Committee led by its Deputy Chairman, Senator Uche Chukwumeruje, Governor Fashola said his administration would be more than glad to do all that would guarantee a befitting burial for the late Ojukwu including providing venue and adequate security for the Ikemba Day scheduled to take place in Lagos on February 24, 2012.
[b]
The Governor who said the Late Ikemba Nnewi was as much a Lagosian as he was a Nigeria, also pledged to handle directly from his office the logistic challenges that would be posed by transfer flights from Lagos to Enugu for foreign dignitaries transiting to Enugu for the final funeral event of the deceased on February 29, 2012.

Noting that he had earlier received official communication from the committee requesting him to send in a tribute, Governor Fashola promised that the activity would be coordinated directly from his office for adequate and effective execution, assuring that his team would be able to cope as long as it gets"reasonably sufficient notice on the arrival and departure times as well as names of guests".

Governor Fashola also promised to facilitate the prayers for the repose of the soul of Ikemba Nnewi in mosques and churches in the State on Friday and Sunday preceding the final burial of the deceased.

Pointing out that he got to know that the late Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu was a close friend of his Uncle and was visiting the family home in Isale Eko in those days, Governor Fashola disclosed, "We are already meeting at that level too within our family to see what we could do".

Expressing the "deep sympathy of the Government and people of Lagos to the entire Ndigbo for the transition of this Great Nigerian, a true son of Nigeria about whom I am certain the ink would not dry for a long time to come", Governor Fashola prayed for the repose of the soul of Ikemba and divine support and encouragement to his family, especially his wife and children.

He told the Committee members which included Senator Ben Obi who is the Chairman Contacts Sub-Committee of the Funeral Committee, and Professor A.B.C. Nwosu, Secretary of the Committee, "You do have an enormous task ahead of you but with the quality of men in your delegation, it will be more successful than probably can be imagined".

Earlier, in his remarks, Senator Chukwumerije said the mission of the Committee to the State House was to inform the Governor of and seek his support for the activities lined up for the funeral of the Ikemba Nnewi especially the Ikemba Day scheduled to take place in Lagos on February 24, 2012

Senator Chukwumerije who congratulated Governor Fashola on his "track record as one of the most proactive and diligent modernizers we have among the governors",prayed that God would continue to grant him the strength to sustain the pace of development he has started in Lagos State.
[/b]
He said the events leading to the final burial of Ikemba Nnewi would commence on February 14, 2012 adding that the event would include delivering of speeches and also traditional dances to take place at different dates in different parts of the country including Lagos, Kano, Minna, Abuja and Enugu.

Giving more details of the events, Senator Ben Obi said highlights of the Lagos event would include reminiscences aimed at recapturing the Nigeria of the adolescent and post adolescent days of the late Ikemba which he spent in Lagos and during which all Nigerians, irrespective of tribe and tongue, saw themselves as Nigerians adding that Governor Fashola would be the Guest of Honour at the event.

Senator Obi commended Governor Fashola for "doing extremely well to the pride of all Nigerians".

Also present at the occasion were the Commissioner for Tourism and Inter-Governmental Relations, Mr. Disun Holloway, his Transport counterpart, Mr. Kayode Opeifa, Information and Strategy, Mr. Lateef Ibirogba among other members of the State Executive Council on the Government side as well as Professor George Obiozor and Dr. Kelechi Ikechukwu among members of the Funeral Committee.

Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by EkoIle1: 3:22am On Jan 30, 2012

Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by Akanbiedu(m): 5:02am On Jan 30, 2012
There is nothing you can do to please those people. Better not spend Lagosians money on Eastern affairs.
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by BlackPikiN(m): 5:18am On Jan 30, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

There is nothing you can do to please those people. Better not spend Lagosians money on Eastern affairs.

Hahaha, see mumu, Who needs your money?
Fashola go dey happy because him go don dey see how to win Igbo people votes.

If only the animal who posted this should behave himself!
I will pass this to Fashola's SA to stop Eko Ile from doing great disservice on NL.
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by EkoIle1: 5:24am On Jan 30, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

We are not trying to please them because you can not please hate and twisted souls, we are just trying to show them how normal, sane and rational people behave in a civilized society.

Fashola is their master and school teacher. See as Fashola sit them down like house boys waiting for orders,
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by BlackPikiN(m): 5:26am On Jan 30, 2012
Eko Ile:

We are not trying to please them because you can not please hate and twisted souls, we are just trying to show them how normal, sane and rational people behave in a civilized society.

Fashola is their their master and school teacher. See as Fashola sit them down like house boys waiting for orders,

I talk am. The f00l don start!
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by dejust(m): 5:29am On Jan 30, 2012
Igbo kwenu, yeaa !
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by dayokanu(m): 6:32am On Jan 30, 2012
Igbo kwenu
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by NegroNtns(m): 7:08am On Jan 30, 2012
All the money dem suppose to put together take bury ikemba dem don take buy snuff finish.

Make sure you put his face makeup on him to reenact his escape . . . . .and slip his tutu back in his waist so he appear like he did on his exit to Abidjan as a woman. yeye people.

Una go carry hin body go boko territory too? ah, double wahala. . . for deadi bodi!! funeral procession and deadi bodi, all of una. . . ah!
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by Valon4ego(m): 7:28am On Jan 30, 2012
I don tire for some people o! Must we always show our ethnic bigotry and cultural 'unsavvines' to the full glare of the world? Peace!
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 30, 2012
Its a real pity some ppl really have a messed up thought pattern.
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by NegroNtns(m): 8:01am On Jan 30, 2012
When ibo bow and stop bashing Yoruba. . . we will declare peace! Until then, there is nothing here that bothers my consciense at all. They had no shame of marching on our land. . . until they were beaten back in 67. They have no shame of marching on our civility and cordiality online. . . . .as it was in 67, so it shall be online in 2012. They will be severly beaten on that pygymy Igbo until they succumb and bow out. Its a promise!
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by oduasolja: 8:16am On Jan 30, 2012
wetin concern lagos with ojukwu .
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by Demdem(m): 8:49am On Jan 30, 2012
When visionary and potential men are shown, dumbos should be excluded.

Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by alexleo(m): 8:54am On Jan 30, 2012
@poster,
unfortunately your post has clearly shown how foolish you are. Fashola is a complete opposite of you. Its you that should learn a lesson from him and not those men you are insulting. Those noble igbo men you are seeing there has no time for the kind of tribal madness people like you display on  NL thats why they went to Fashola and he (fashola) has also displayed that too. Its now left for you to go and get yourself healed of your tribal madness. You are in no way near Fashola and therefore not worthy to represent him here until you are HEALED.
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by CuteTj(m): 9:05am On Jan 30, 2012
Fashola is an example of a true Nigerian unlike some people.
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by LogicMind: 9:28am On Jan 30, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

When ibo bow and stop bashing Yoruba. . . we will declare peace! Until then, there is nothing here that bothers my consciense at all. They had no shame of marching on our land. . . until they were beaten back in 67. They have no shame of marching on our civility and cordiality online. . . . .as it was in 67, so it shall be online in 2012. They will be severly beaten on that pygymy Igbo until they succumb and bow out. Its a promise!

Useless aboki slave.
Biafran forces that headed to lagos were led by Victor Banjo, a yoruba man. A betrayer like all his kin.
If your objective was to defend your land why did you continue fighting for us to remain in nigeria after we pulled back to biafra in 1968?
I'll tell you why: because you submitted to your hausa-fulani masters! They have been phucking you over since. ( drove awo to suicide, murdered abiola, slapped shonekan out of office, disgraced diya in front of the whole world, have since confirmed that they spared obasanjo because he danced to their tunes about sharia.)
And you want to compare yourself to an igbo man! You useless non productive azzhole. Subsidy beggar! SUBSIDY BEGGAR!!
Now you want a southern nigerian nation with us? May Amadioha curse the igbo tribe the day we agree any such nonsence with you. I would rather stay with boko haram, at least that one is face to face fight, not backstabbing. The same stick cannot poke one's eye twice.
Cowards!
Cowards!
Cowards!
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by LogicMind: 9:29am On Jan 30, 2012
Valon4ego:

I don tire for some people o! Must we always show our ethnic bigotry and cultural 'unsavvines' to the full glare of the world? Peace!

Who the phuck are you? Abeg go die.
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by LogicMind: 9:41am On Jan 30, 2012
Eko Ile:

Fashola is their master and school teacher. See as Fashola sit them down like house boys waiting for orders,

Haha! Which one of your societies is civilized?
Try masking cowardice and servitude as normal, sane and rational behaviour.
You have nothing.
Igbos own lagos. Go and die.
You are nothing but subsidy beggars.
Tell me what you produce in nigeria.
What good has the yoruba tribe done in nigeria.
in 67 they thought biafra was going to win, they joined biafra for oil subsidy. when the tide turned, they joined nigeria because of oil subsidy. Their brothers are massacred in the north they say nothing claiming wisdom & civility. Cowardice. Jonathan removed subsidy and all of them are in the street begging.
Cowards!
Cowards!
Cowards!
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by Rhino5dm: 9:48am On Jan 30, 2012
Why are these people using this opportunity to further their political gain? I mean, this was the man they all abandoned in London through out his dark periods. Well, i wont be surprise with this moves. . . .every opportunity must be converted to making cash.

In London, Ojukwu was lonely, dumb – Igwe Nwokedi

Dim Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu’s death, last Saturday, has continued to generate comments from eminent Nigerians, especially those who were with him from the time
of the Civil War till his death. Igwe Alex Nwokedi, a veteran journalist and Igbo monarch who served in the war as head of counter intelligence under Ojukwu’s Republic of Biafra gives graphic details of Ojukwu’s health in London hospital.

Q: Your Majesty was very close to the late Ikemba of Nnewi, Dim Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu so much that you visited him at his London hospital before he died. What is your account of his life in London hospital?

A: When I visited London, I went to the hospital where he was admitted. His chief- of-staff was with him and I was told upon entering the ward that I should just hold his hand and speak; that he could hear but he could not talk.

I held his hand and greeted him, “Gburugburu,” that is Igwe of Igbo Land. He was a very good Catholic. I told him that he had suffered for the Igbo and that our mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary would take very good care of him.

I spoke to him, encouraged him but to tell you the truth, I was not happy at all with his situation. There was a Philipino nurse taking care of him, and his daughter was also there with him. They were the only two people with him in that ward.
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by member479760: 10:05am On Jan 30, 2012
Beta use the money to help the living Ibos.
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by CuteTj(m): 10:15am On Jan 30, 2012
@ Logic mind, who wants a southern nation with you? From all your comments you havent got anything meaningful to say.
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by Wislet(f): 10:25am On Jan 30, 2012
WHEREVER EKO ILE GOES, ETHNIC BIGOTRY MUST BE FOUND. GIRL OR BOY, WHICHEVER ONE YOU ARE, YOU SHOULD GROW UP. IT IS NOT GOOD FOR YOUR SOUL. LEARN TO RESPECT HUMAN BEINGS LIKE YOU. IF YOU SAY THEY ARE NOT HUMAN BEINGS LIKE YOU, HOPE YOU ARE NOT SOMEHOW DEAMING OF MAKING HEAVEN? BECAUSE IT IS THE SAME GOD YOU WANT TO BLESS YOU THAT CREATED THEM, AS WELL AS YOU. IT IS THE SAME HANDS THAT FORMED YOU TOGETHER WITH THEM.

EVEN SOMETHING AS 'LITTLE' AS ETHNIC HATRED CAN MAKE YOU FORFEIT HEAVEN COS IT DARKENS YOUR SOUL.
All of you that claim to be christians better watch out, before your TONGUE LEADS YOU TO YOUR DOOM. Because EVERYTHING YOU SAY IN THIS LIFE WILL SPEAK AGAINST YOU IN JUDGEMENT.
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by merengue: 10:47am On Jan 30, 2012
Don't you people have any sense in your heads at all or were you born stupid? There's nothing wrong in what Fashola has done at all, in fact he should be commended, must you bigoted buffoons ascribe ethnic superiority or inferiority to everything? Like the dummies you are, you keep talking about the Civil War, a war none of you experienced and know less than nothing about. Stop acting like brain dead donkeys and think for once in your miserable lives.
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by musiwa43: 10:49am On Jan 30, 2012
may his soul rest in peace. we would miss him. I love reading about Ojukwu. His life was interesting. But one thing about ojukwu is that, he will for ever be remembered for his honest opinion.

Ojukwu was like a father to me.
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by silibaba: 10:58am On Jan 30, 2012
logic mind abeg you go kill this ofenmamamu pple. shocked shocked

they are useless people. their men are very lazy. embarassed embarassed

stop arguing with them or they will infect u with their virus. grin grin
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by KINGwax(m): 11:25am On Jan 30, 2012
Logic Mind:

Useless aboki slave.
Biafran forces that headed to lagos were led by Victor Banjo, a yoruba man. A betrayer like all his kin.
If your objective was to defend your land why did you continue fighting for us to remain in nigeria after we pulled back to biafra in 1968?
I'll tell you why: because you submitted to your hausa-fulani masters! They have been phucking you over since. ( drove awo to suicide, murdered abiola, slapped shonekan out of office, disgraced diya in front of the whole world, have since confirmed that they spared obasanjo because he danced to their tunes about sharia.)
And you want to compare yourself to an igbo man! You useless non productive azzhole. Subsidy beggar! SUBSIDY BEGGAR!!
Now you want a southern nigerian nation with us? May Amadioha curse the igbo tribe the day we agree any such nonsence with you. I would rather stay with boko haram, at least that one is face to face fight, not backstabbing. The same stick cannot poke one's eye twice.
Cowards!
Cowards!
Cowards!
relax son. I knw it becomes hard and uneasy when people {like you} wit overbloated ego gets your ego dented! It's jst like expectin d yorubas to save u and they prefer not to{which to me is a choice}. Then when u were badly wounded because your ojukwu was being deceived by some european countries{who definately but wisely were interested in d oil}, u decided to leap and point blaming fingers on d yorubas whom u thought should join u then but refused. The question is, u want biafra, not them, so what's theirs? Secondly, remember, it wasn't d yorubas only dt fought you, nigeria did. And d coward aspect is never new to us, that wot u igbos says when your brothers refused to take up arms. Violence runs in your blood. And d funniest thing is, u suck & Get whipped everytime. Now you're callin for war, u think you're ready, jst like u thought u were. I think u knw d world power is changin. Don't get dead. The crude oils in d yoruba state are nicely reserved. U think they're stupid, intellectually, you're reversed out there!
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by executinal(m): 11:28am On Jan 30, 2012
Good one fashola, you always desplay your maturity
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by PointB: 11:46am On Jan 30, 2012
Na wa o. Una go kill person for this site oo! Which one is 'Subsidy Beggar?' very funny!

@topic

Nice one Fashola! It is always better to look at the bigger picture with the leaders than wasting ones energy responding to hate filled, bigotry consumed, megalomaniac nonentities like Negro_nut, eko_igbe, and Dayo_oponu.

Peace!
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by solihu(m): 12:06pm On Jan 30, 2012
Nice one BRT wink Calm down my fellow onyenkems and ores grin. Phew! You guys almost shattered my screen with your e cruise missles. Whatever it is you guys do, remember you both have akpu /fufu in common. Now truce kiss grin
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by LogicMind: 2:03pm On Jan 30, 2012
KINGwax:

relax son. I knw it becomes hard and uneasy when people {like you} wit overbloated ego gets your ego dented! It's jst like expectin d yorubas to save u and they prefer not to{which to me is a choice}. Then when u were badly wounded because your ojukwu was being deceived by some european countries{who definately but wisely were interested in d oil}, u decided to leap and point blaming fingers on d yorubas whom u thought should join u then but refused. The question is, u want biafra, not them, so what's theirs? Secondly, remember, it wasn't d yorubas only dt fought you, nigeria did. And d coward aspect is never new to us, that wot u igbos says when your brothers refused to take up arms. Violence runs in your blood. And d funniest thing is, u suck & Get whipped everytime. Now you're callin for war, u think you're ready, jst like u thought u were. I think u knw d world power is changin. Don't get dead. The crude oils in d yoruba state are nicely reserved. U think they're silly, intellectually, you're reversed out there!

After all these misyarnings, I'm still expecting why you sent your sons to fight and die so that we remain in the same nigeria with you? Why? Why? You love too much you don't want us to go?
You are right it wasn't only the yorubas that fought us but there is a reason we hold it against you. We were never betrayed by the hausas. We know them, they know us. Our words are our words. But the yorubas. Chei. Nobody trusts you! We hate you. Hausa-fulani even hate you pass. You though they were going to respect you because you served them during the war? Think again.
Even middle beltters want nothing to do with you. Edo and itshekiri guys are always denying to be related to you. Why, why why? I'll tell you why: It's because your are slimy. You are worse than snake. If a rattle snake and a yoruba man enter my house, I will leave the rattlesnake and kill the owambe Yoruba useless backstabber.
We biafrans are not calling and have never called for war. We just want to be on our own but you just can't do without us. Please tell us why.
Re: Ikemba Nnewi: Fashola Pledges Full Cooperation With National Funeral Com. PICS. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 30, 2012
Logic Mind:

After all these misyarnings, I'm still expecting why you sent your sons to fight and die so that we remain in the same nigeria with you? Why? Why? You love too much you don't want us to go?
You are right it wasn't only the yorubas that fought us but there is a reason we hold it against you. We were never betrayed by the hausas. We know them, they know us. Our words are our words. But the yorubas. Chei. Nobody trusts you! We hate you. Hausa-fulani even hate you pass. You though they were going to respect you because you served them during the war? Think again.
Even middle beltters want nothing to do with you. Edo and itshekiri guys are always denying to be related to you. Why, why why? I'll tell you why: It's because your are slimy. You are worse than snake. If a rattle snake and a yoruba man enter my house, I will leave the rattlesnake and kill the owambe Yoruba useless backstabber.
We biafrans are not calling and have never called for war. We just want to be on our own but you just can't do without us. Please tell us why.

Haba! Too much hate here. Rattlesnakes are not that bad you know, at least they warn you before they bite.
Too much hate!! You are engaged in a war you can never win.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#ENDSARS, OWERRI YOUTHS ERECT GIGANTIC STATUE OF LIBERTY IN OWERRI / Osinbajo: Why Leaders Must Remain Calm In Crisis / Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.