Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,503 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:45 PM

Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? (7045 Views)

Never Seen Pictures Of Ojukwu's Burial / Ta Orji Disgraced At Aba During Ojukwu Burial Rites / Ojukwu’s Burial: S’east, S’south To Be Closed Down, As Uwazuruike Blasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by yemmyma: 9:53am On Jan 30, 2012
I have seen the whole preparation behind the burial of the late Ojukwu. Apart from the fact that i suspect many Governor's in the east to use this as a cash siphoning avenue, i also would want to know if there is really any need for this larger than life burial ceremony?

PS; I guess i don't know much about him to be asking this question, but for those who know, does it really mean that the whole Nigeria should be involved in this whole burial or just the East should be concerned?

Share your opinion
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2012
Take it or leave it!

The hype is neither about Ojukwu nor his burial.

The hype is simply a statement about Biafra by the Biafrans. Ojukwu happened to be a symbol of the Biafran struggle.

Ojukwus death and burial has become a rallying point for Biafra. Biafra is only a sleeping nation, she will surely wake up one day. It is only a matter of time.

Em, let s i forget! Those who are presently making Nigeria "ungorvernable and speeding up that day.
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Kuulnomsy(m): 2:44pm On Jan 30, 2012
yemmy_ma:

I have seen the whole preparation behind the burial of the late Ojukwu. Apart from the fact that i suspect many Governor's in the east to use this as a cash siphoning avenue, i also would want to know if there is really any need for this larger than life burial ceremony?

PS; I guess i don't know much about him to be asking this question, but for those who know, does it really mean that the whole Nigeria should be involved in this whole burial or just the East should be concerned?

Share your opinion

Don't really know about him, then don't bother yourself with the whole hype, , (You are trying to start another war of words here) idiot. angry angry angry angry
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Chnges(m): 2:46pm On Jan 30, 2012
I can sense upcoming trouble in this thread__BTW op! Why can't u google it, if u really wnt 2 knw about him,  It seems lyk u are hiding ur identity_u'r nt new here '~' *confused*
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by tonymaz(m): 2:46pm On Jan 30, 2012
Ojukwu represents a paragon of an ideal igboman.In igboland, people's worth are measured by their rating in the corridors of reputation(what people say about you when you are not around-both friends and enemies a like). Igbo culture before the advent of colonial masters,shows great importance, the people attach to whoever has, or manifest nobles characters that advance the cause of others. No Igboman, death or alive can fit into his shoes.

He was born with a silver spoon,in humility and used his Dad's wealth to save the Igbo from a calculated annihilation.
In terms of character strength, he is above board. He made his mistakes but the culmination of his actions tends towards his love for the Igbos.

It may take the Igbos another 50 yrs to have his kind. His kind is very rare. In Igbo culture, whatever is valued most takes the most resources.
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by executinal(m): 2:48pm On Jan 30, 2012
yemmy_ma:

PS; [size=20pt]I guess i don't know much about him [/size]to be asking this question, but for those who know, does it really mean that the whole Nigeria should be involved in this whole burial or just the East should be concerned?

Share your opinion

use your google, read abouth OJUKWU, then come back and ask your question again. case closed angry
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by cantell(m): 2:52pm On Jan 30, 2012
yemmy_ma:

Share your opinion

Which foolish opinion do you want people to share? You know nothing about him, yet you feel there's so much hype about his burial.
E be like say you no get work.
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by bilaya(m): 2:56pm On Jan 30, 2012
f, k nairaland and all the tribalist moderators.Why are stories about igbos always making your home page?Why the obsession with Igbos.The moderators are bastards
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by buzor(m): 3:00pm On Jan 30, 2012
pls dont mind d useless op. he s about to start what he cannot finish
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by victorazy(m): 3:01pm On Jan 30, 2012
Oh Ikem "what my grand pa used to call him" how I wish he is still alive
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Chnges(m): 3:02pm On Jan 30, 2012
Holy pigs foot!
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by yemmyma: 3:03pm On Jan 30, 2012
buzor:

pls dont mind d useless op. he s about to start what he cannot finish

I really don't want to answer you.

cantell:

Which foolish opinion do you want people to share? You know nothing about him, yet you feel there's so much hype about his burial.
E be like say you no get work.

You seem to be angry but i refuse to be carried away by your ignorance. It hurts you so bad that not all Nigerians are concerned by the burial of Ojukwu.

executinal:

use your google, read abouth OJUKWU, then come back and ask your question again. case closed angry

Seriously, i really don't have interest in knowing much about him. But I hope he rests well wherever he is.
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by noiseless: 3:06pm On Jan 30, 2012
I really can't understand why some can't mind their business if they have one,always more than happy to display or expose their idiotic maggot infested brain.  TUFIAKWA!
yemmy_ma:

Share your opinion

Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by chiama1: 3:07pm On Jan 30, 2012
[tr]Don't really know about him, then don't bother yourself with the whole hype, , (You are trying to start another war of words here) .
[/tr] No mind am
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by chmod777: 3:09pm On Jan 30, 2012
[size=24pt]Good Morning Nigeria, in 2012 after 45 years, this is Ojukwu's greeting I am extending to u [/size]
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:09pm On Jan 30, 2012
bilaya:

f, k nairaland and all the tribalist moderators.Why are stories about igbos always making your home page?Why the obsession with Igbos.The moderators are bastards

- I guess the heat is getting unbearable. When Igbos have decided to play victim, what do you expect?!

@ OP

This your thread would start a shitstorm. I would have voice my opinion but then again, Imma let it slide for now. I couldnt be bothered about his funeral.
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Valon4ego(m): 3:14pm On Jan 30, 2012
yemmy_ma:

You seem to be angry but[b] i refuse to be carried away by your ignorance.[/b] [text color="red"]It hurts you so bad that not all Nigerians are concerned by the burial of Ojukwu.[/text]

Seriously, i really don't have interest in knowing much about him. But I hope he rests well wherever he is.
alas! Your true motive for creating this tread! I wonder why we are so hypocritical in NL! Look who's talking and calling others "ignorant"  lol!
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Meristem: 3:18pm On Jan 30, 2012
OP says he doesnt know (in other words hes IGNORANT of who Ikemba is) then how did he ''know'' it was a HYPE? F#king b@stard!
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by ceejayluv(m): 3:20pm On Jan 30, 2012
The poster and whoever sent this topic to the front page are ethnocentric slowpokes. I guess u grew up in d village. If u had grown up in a cosmopolitan environment, u would not be strirring ethnically sensitive issues. Get a life, bigot!
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Acidosis(m): 3:22pm On Jan 30, 2012
Boko haram will tell
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Kuulnomsy(m): 3:23pm On Jan 30, 2012
Acidosis:

Boko haram will tell

cheesy cheesy Please don't kill me with laugh here grin grin
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by cantell(m): 3:24pm On Jan 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

- I guess the heat is getting unbearable. When Igbos have decided to play victim, what do you expect?!
I can smell a mongo park from afar. Bros no be by force to comment.
yemmy_ma:

You seem to be angry but i refuse to be carried away by your ignorance. It hurts you so bad that not all Nigerians are concerned by the burial of Ojukwu.

You must be a cargo for posting that crap in bold letters.
This is an Igbo affair, not Nigerians.
If you don't like it, i suggest you hang yourself!
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by ochukoccna: 3:25pm On Jan 30, 2012
Another online ethnic war grin grin grin grin
Time to get ringside seats
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by yemmyma: 3:25pm On Jan 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

@ OP

This your thread would start a shitstorm. I would have voice my opinion but then again, Imma let it slide for now. I couldnt be bothered about his funeral.

At least your name shows you are igbo and you said you are not bothered why are these people taking things the other way?

Valon4ego:

alas! Your true motive for creating this tread! I wonder why we are so hypocritical in NL! Look who's talking and calling others "ignorant"  lol!

Well my true motive to ask why the whole Nigeria should be at a standstill for a burial that don't impact on the other parts of the country?
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2012
cantell:

I can smell a mongo park from afar. Bros no be by force to comment.

- SHOOO!! Na who you be?! Your period don start abi you get belle?! I call your name?!  Abeg drex go far o!! I call your name?! Ewu Lander brothers!
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Valon4ego(m): 3:32pm On Jan 30, 2012
yemmy_ma:

At least your name shows you are igbo and you said you are not bothered why are these people taking things the other way?

Well my true motive to ask why the whole Nigeria should be at a standstill for a burial that don't impact on the other parts of the country?
please sir,can you kindly explain the bolded
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Marlboro1: 3:39pm On Jan 30, 2012
Ijele Ndigbo, Ikemba Nnewi, Ezeigbo Gburugburu, Dike Eji Eje Mba, May your soul rest in peace. Death took you away just when we needed you most. You were revered in life and even more now you are no longer with us. I pray you will strike those that have tried to put you and the Igbo nation down by their deeds, speech or actions with furious anger so they would know there has never been anyone like you in the history of Nigeria. They could not challenge you when you were around but they have all woken up to question your relevance to us as a people and as a nation. No other tribal leader compares to you as none made the amount of sacrifices you made for the love of your own people.

Nwannem, Laba na ndokwa o ga adiri gi mma.
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Kuulnomsy(m): 3:43pm On Jan 30, 2012
yemmy_ma:

Your report or view here is a '' Minority Report'' ever seen that movie before,
If you can't do anything about it, then join them and bury him, because they (Nigeria) don't know that you exist, grin grin ** Hands him @op a clean handkerchief to wipe his tears and frustrations***  grin grin
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by OneNaira6: 3:45pm On Jan 30, 2012
Last time I checked, No Igbo person asked anyother ethnic group to get involved in Ojukwu burial. Why do you people care so much about what Igbo are doing? What is with the obsession? Tufiakwa. OP is clearly ignorant. you do not know Ojukwu, you do not care enough to learn about him, then why make a thread about him? Ignorance take up a whole new level

yemmy_ma:

Even an Igbo infant still in his/her mother's womb can tell that man is not an Igbo but an igbo pretender. Like seriously?

yemmy_ma:

See lying take up a whole new level.  Every Ojukwu burial preparation is done in the East (SE and some region in SS), Igbo  diaspora,etc; nothing involved other nigerians. chest beating for nothing especially when noone mentioned una. It does not concern una, stop worrying about it. Do you people want to get involved, is that why una keep pushing una self into it. wetin? Taking medicine for another person's headache see us see wahalla. Explain how a nation would hold in a standstill if the entire nation isn't involved? Clarify that for us.
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by OneNaira6: 3:48pm On Jan 30, 2012
bilaya:

Mba!!! Ojukwu thread turns into a chest beating war. The moderators are trying to make money and bring in more people into this forum no matter what. The seun character is a bigot and he takes joy in watching other bigots argue at the same time pocketing that money.
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by dohyn(m): 3:51pm On Jan 30, 2012
Coming to nairaland always leaves a sour taste in my mouth, we are too tribalist in our thinking and replies, it's just sad cos we are the so-called "educated ones",(at least,u can be online and type) and yet,we spew trash online, how do we expect the man on the street to reason if we can reason like this.Nobody bothered to answer the op's questions,or even talk about the issues raised,well maybe marlboro attempted to sha.it's a shame.wondering if d responses would hv been d same if d op were Igbo?
Anyways,@op,I dunno where u are but I can assure u that Nigeria is nt coming to a standstill cos of the late ikemba, maybe the East,but def nt d whole 9ja.He has paid his dues nd so,should be accorded his due respect, I can't comment on the governors ish, I don't knw abt that,
P.s,I knw some peeps will want to take shots at me,pls feel free.
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:56pm On Jan 30, 2012
dohyn:

Coming to nairaland always leaves a sour taste in my mouth, we are too tribalist in our thinking and replies, it's just sad cos we are the so-called "educated ones",(at least,u can be online and type) and yet,we spew trash online, how do we expect the man on the street to reason if we can reason like this.Nobody bothered to answer the op's questions,or even talk about the issues raised,well maybe marlboro attempted to sha.it's a shame.wondering if d responses would hv been d same if d op were Igbo?
Anyways,@op,I dunno where u are but I can assure u that Nigeria is nt coming to a standstill cos of the late ikemba, maybe the East,but def nt d whole 9ja.He has paid his dues nd so,should be accorded his due respect, I can't comment on the governors ish, I don't knw abt that,
P.s,I knw some peeps will want to take shots at me,pls feel free.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Seeks Concessionaires For Fourth Mainland Bridge / Buhari's Revanchist Tendencies And Ethnic Bigotry Revisited / Akume Is Senate Minority Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.