Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? (32614 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by NicolasN: 1:20pm On Jan 30, 2012
Gboosa! Oyedepo Prediction Error:

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YteA85zDkFc[/flash]
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by naijanow: 1:23pm On Jan 30, 2012
HERE’S WHAT BISHOP OYEDEPO PROPHESIED

1. Now listen. 2012 shall be a year of divine surprises.
2. The year 2012 shall be a year of certain visitations as at the age of Abraham. You shall be visited. And that visitation shall be quarterly directed. You shall be divinely instructed. Every of your step shall be regret-free.  Every of your step in the year 2012 shall be a step forward.
3. The year 2012 shall be a year as at the age of Joseph. You may look like a prisoner today. In the course of 2012, the prime minister in you shall come alive.
4. Again, it shall be a year of explosive church growth. By the finger of God in your life, many will follow you to worship your God. By your own turnaround experience, many will follow you to worship your God.
5. In this great year, there will be no mishaps, no casualties, no loss of lives, no loss of properties, all through the year 2012, saith the Spirit of the Lord.
6. Every word spoken concerning you shall come to pass. Every word spoken concerning you shall come to pass. By divine favour, walk into your miracle jobs. By divine favour, walk into your miracle marriages. By divine favour, take your miracle children.
7. In the year 2012, before you recover from one testimony, another one will hit you.
8. Thanks be to God who daily loaded us with benefits. That Scripture shall come to practical fulfilment in your life. You will not lack a daily story to tell. You will tell a story daily, all through 2012.
9. There is none of you present under the sound of my voice that will be missing at the crossover service 2012. You shall be there live and direct. Your children shall be there live and direct. Your wife shall be there live and direct. In the name of Jesus.
10. We saw amazing miracle children this year, we will see many much more next year. We harvested amazing miracle marriages this year, we will harvest much more miracles of new marriages next year. Whatever we saw in 2011 as testimonies, will have them back 1,000 times over in the name of Jesus. Lift up your two hands and begin to appropriate these prophecies to your life. Begin to appropriate these prophetic words to your life.

BUT THESE WERE THE HEADLINES IN THE FIRST THREE WEEKS OF THE YEAR:

THE GUARDIAN Scores dead in northern Nigeria as Islamist militants terrorise the country [/b]JANUARY 22, 2012
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jan/21/scores-dead-nigeria-islamist-militants?newsfeed=true
CHICAGO SUN TIMES [b]At least 143 killed in north Nigeria sect attacks
JANUARY 21, 2012
http://www.suntimes.com/10144975-417/at-least-143-killed-in-north-nigeria-sect-attacks.html
THE WASHINGTON POST: Police: 2 more killed in sect attacks on police in north Nigerian city where scores have died [/b]JANUARY 30, 2012
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/police-2-more-killed-in-sect-attacks-on-police-in-north-nigerian-city-where-scores-have-died/2012/01/30/gIQA8fO4bQ_story.html
THE GUARDIAN [b]Nigerians offer prayers in Kano for suicide bombers' victims [/b]JANUARY 23, 2012
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jan/23/nigerians-pray-suicide-bombers-victims
THE TELEGRAPH [b]Many feared dead as series of bombs rock Nigerian city of Kano
JANUARY 20, 2012
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/9028877/Many-feared-dead-as-series-of-bombs-rock-Nigerian-city-of-Kano.html

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by Pennywise(m): 1:32pm On Jan 30, 2012
^^^
What does a sweet talking pastor have to do with the reality of our present existence?

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by Image123(m): 1:44pm On Jan 30, 2012
Not to say that Oyedepo is a true or false servant of God. But nothing in your posts prove that those dead people were among the people Oyedepo prayed for.
More importantly, you don't understand spiritual things. Humans 'key into' prophecy. God does not force His word, plan, will on lives, at least not commonly. The prophecies written are pronouncements of blessings and plans. It's also lies on each individual to connect to the blessing or plan. We need to always be led by the Spirit of God if we expect to be daily loaded with benefits from God. It's not lottery tickets for the year. God told Joshua that He'll win all the time and no man would be able to stand before him as it were. Joshua skipped abit in chapter 7. Other examples can be given but if this would not do, a thousand would not.

45 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by Acidosis(m): 2:53pm On Jan 30, 2012
Poster what is this? ?
and how many of those casualities attended that particular service.

8 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by Acidosis(m): 2:57pm On Jan 30, 2012
when next a pastor pray for you that "you will not die this year". Try and get a pistol, point it to your head and pull the trigger then 'wait' to see what happens. .

The man has spoken the mind of God, its left for you to accept it.

21 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by drbunmi(f): 12:53am On Jan 31, 2012
mr.poster r u okay, what is ur pt. exactly
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by Joagbaje(m): 5:10am On Jan 31, 2012
@OP

ITS NOT A PREDICTION. ITS Prophesying. It's like a prayer of faith. If I say "youre blessed" it's not a prediction. It's an utterance of faith.

7 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by Nobody: 5:14am On Jan 31, 2012
Joagbaje:

@OP

ITS NOT A PREDICTION. ITS Prophesying. It's like a prayer of faith. If I say "youre blessed" it's not a prediction. It's an utterance of faith.

I was about to say.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by drstan(m): 9:46am On Jan 31, 2012
Some people Mumu, eg@poster

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 31, 2012
Fake Pastor Ofedepo said all Christians must fight against boko haram but see what Your Jesus said, in contrast,

"Resist not evil, but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Mt. 5:39)

"Remind the Christians to speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, showing meekness to all men." (Titus 3:2) (sorry i aint a christian lol)

"Follow Peace with all men and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." (Hebrews 12:14)

The servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves." (2 Timothy 2:24-25)

"Do all things without murmurrings and disputings, that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God without rebuke in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation." (Philipians 2:14:15)

Jesus came "to guide our feet into the way of Peace." (Luke 1:79)

Whatever you to to another it is as tho you were doing it to Jesus for he said:"In as much as ye have done it into one of the least of these, my brothers, ye have done it unto me." (Matthew 25:40)

"In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother" (1John 3:10)

"He that doeth good is of God, but he that doeth evil hath not seen God." (3John 1.11)

"He that kills with the sword, must be killed with the sword." (Revelation 13:10)

Forgive "one another if any man have a quarrel with any." (Colossians 3:13)

If anyone steals from you "take it joyfully" (Hebrews 10:34)

Even if you are unjustly enslaved or imprisoned, you do not resist but seek to convert your Jailers as St. Paul did. (Philippians 4:22)

"Be diligent that you may be found in Peace." (2 Peter 3:14)

But doesn't the Bible say we are to obey the Government? Yes, in all things which are not contrary to the Gospel, but if Jesus says live in peace and the governments says go to war, then "We ought to obey God rather than men." (Acts 5:29)

The Fruit of the Spirit is Peace, Love, Gentleness, Meekness" (Galatians 5:22)

"Walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called with all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the spirit in the bond of Peace." (Ephesians 4:1-3)

Peace is the Gospel . This is the doctrine of Christ. "Whosoever transgresses and abides not in the Doctrine of Christ hath not God." (2John 2:1)

"The fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace." (James 3:18)

"Whosoever compells you to go a mile with him, go with him twain." (Mt.5:41)

"When they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another" (Matthew 10:32)

This world is not your home. "You are citizens of heaven." (Philippians 3:20)

"[size=18pt]I say unto you love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which desoitefully use and persecute you, that you may be children of your father which is in heaven.[/size]" (Matthew 5:44-45)

"Behold I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves; be ye therefore as wise a serpents, and as harmless as doves." (Matthew 10:15)

[size=22pt] "Have peace with one another.[/size]" Romans 9:50)

"Let us follow after the things that make for peace." (Romans 14:19)

javascript:void(0); (1 Corinthians 7:15)

"Live in peace." (2 Corinthians 13:11)

Jesus mission was to "Preach Peace." (Acts 10:36)

Jesus came and "preached peace." (Ephesians 2:17)

"Seek Peace and ensue it." (1Peter 1:3)

"As you would that men would do to you, do ye also to them likewise." (Luke 6:31)

"We are counted as sheep for the slaughter." (Romans 8:36)

"Blessed are the Peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God." (Matthew 5:19)

"He hath given us the ministry of reconciliation" (2 Corinthians 5:18)

"As far as your responsibility goes, live at peace with all men." (Romans 12:18 Phillips translation)

"On earth peace, good will towards men." (Luke 2:14)

"If any man will sue thee at the law to take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also." (Matthew 5:40)

"Ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars, see that ye be not troubled." (Matthew 24:cool

"My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight that I should be delivered of the Jews." (John 18:36)

"Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword, shall perish with the sword." (Matthew 26:52)

"[size=30pt]Bless them that persecute you:[/size] bless and curse not." (Romans 12:14)

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:20)

"Recompense no man evil for evil." (Romans 12.:7)

"Being reviled, we bless . Being persecuted we suffer it. Being defamed, we entreat." (1Corinthians 4:12-13)

"Dearly Beloved, avenge not yourselves but rather give place unto wrath, for it is written Vengeance is mine, I will repay saith the Lord." (Romans 12:19)

"Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him, if he thirst, give him drink." (Romans 12:9)

"See that none render evil for evil, or railing for railing, but contrariwise blessing." (1 Peter3:9)

God's primary title in the New Testament is The God of Peace. It is used six times (Rom. 15:33, Heb. 13:20, Phil. 4:9, Rom. 16:20, 1 Thess. 5:3, 2 Thess. 3:16)

"Blessed are the Meek for they shall inherit the earth." (Mt.5.5)

"God is not the author of confusion, but of Peace." (1Cor.14:33)

"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of them that preach The Gospel of Peace." (Rom.10:15)

"Finally Brethern, farewell, be perfect. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace and the God of Love and Peace shall be with you." (2 Cor.13.11)

Who is the Fakester here ------------- Ofedepo or Jesus? buah buah buah grin

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by olabode07: 10:45am On Jan 31, 2012
then stop calling it prophecy call it holy prediction
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by lumidee: 2:29pm On Jan 31, 2012
I pity u
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by butterflyy(f): 11:05pm On Feb 01, 2012
@op, Y re u attacking this man of God. If u v gat issues settle it, I dnt wanna hear what u thinking. OYEDEPO IS A MAN OF GOD, SIMPLE. When u see God u ask Him ''is he Ur man?''

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by ujugirl: 5:41pm On Jun 06, 2012
i can tell you that his prayers/prophecies were directed to his congregation and the people under his voice that day as he said it.If you do a clever check,maybe no memeber of the Winner's Chapel has been affected in the mishaps of our present day.Therefore we cannot conclude that his prophecies were wrong.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 06, 2012
More deaths have been recorded in the Sunday
suicide bombing of two churches in Yalwa area of
Bauchi, with the latest death toll said to be over 20.

The increase in death toll is coming even as Boko
Haram today claimed responsibility for the deadly
attack. Also today, the General Overseer of one of the affected churches, Bishop David Oyedepo of the Living Faith Church, aka Winners Chapel visited the site of the attack where he rained curses on Boko Haram and other terrorists organizations troubling the country.

Oyedepo whose private jet landed at the Bauchi
airstrip at about 1:50 pm local time was
accompanied on the visit by Bishop David Abioye
and other Bishops and senior pastors of the
church. A visibly angry Oyedepo in a fiery prayer of vengeance pronounced curses on Boko Haram, other terrorists, their supporters and financiers in the country, prophesying an end to their activities.

Oyedepo who was received at the airstrip by the
presiding pastor of living faith church in bauchi,
Pastor Gaius Biyal, his wife and other senior pastors of the church, as well as the President of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN)in bauchi, Reverend Emeka Emefesi said: “We serve a God of vengeance who has vowed to avenge the saints.

He will descend his instrument of death on the
camp of the enemy. We invoke the vengeance of
God on the camp of Boko Haram and their
sponsors. “We decree that this week is a week of vengeance and God will unleash his instrument of death on their camp. This month is a month of vengeance and so we release arrows of humiliating deaths on them”
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 06, 2012
ireports-ng.com/2012/06/04/death-toll-in-bauchi-church-bombing-hits-over-20-as-bishop-oyedepo-visits-scene-curses-boko-haram/
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:40pm On Jun 06, 2012
Another fake as Joshua and his followers ...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by ijawkid(m): 11:34pm On Jun 06, 2012
ujugirl: i can tell you that his prayers/prophecies were directed to his congregation and the people under his voice that day as he said it.If you do a clever check,maybe no memeber of the Winner's Chapel has been affected in the mishaps of our present day.Therefore we cannot conclude that his prophecies were wrong.

How can u say that??

Who is he and what power does he have to make sure all those who listend to his prophecy never got into 1 wahala or the other....

Na this talks wey dey vex me pass.........
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 07, 2012
God of men(on white suit) prophesying to men of goD(the brainwashed-congregation)
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by bid4rich(m): 11:27am On Jun 07, 2012
You are a slowpoke, read that thing well, he said it clearly that its for the winners family. The prophesy is only for his members (winners' family) and not for Nigeria as u highlighted in point 5. Otondo

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by Meanbasseywiffy: 11:29am On Jun 07, 2012
U people should be careful of what u say. Let God be the judge.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by Opoki(m): 11:30am On Jun 07, 2012
Huh
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by taigee: 11:31am On Jun 07, 2012
STUPID POST>
As usual just to discredit the man of God.
NL this is really becoming an Anti-Oyedepo site.
Keep doing what you do best on Nairaland;
We had an awesome prophetic meeting with Bishop Oyedepo last tuesday.
Nothing less than 30,000 in attendance.
The Winners' Family keeps growing and expanding haters not withstanding.
All the haters on NL, the Boko Harams, The Hungry Lawyers, Council of witches and Satanist can't stop this move of God.
Keep advertising Bishop David Oyedepo on NL.
His ministry is waxing stronger.
I am blessed to be connected to his ministry.

12 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 07, 2012
bid4rich: You are a slowpoke, read that thing well, he said it clearly that its for the winners family. The prophesy is only for his members (winners' family) and not for Nigeria as u highlighted in point 5. Otondo

They are too blinded by envy that they did not notice.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by chinakobo(m): 11:32am On Jun 07, 2012
My fellow Christians where is faith and holiness in the modern Gospel?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by Natasha2(f): 11:34am On Jun 07, 2012
This is exactly what Nigerians like, sweet mouth prophesies,prophecies of rice of beans, yam and stew. When Prophet Tb Joshua gives unpleasant prophecies, so many people are fast to call him names, never minding that his prophecies are so on point, they just want to hear rice and beans. what is the use of prophesying good things only? we all know God has good plans for us. Tell us what we have to pray against not rice and beans.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by kaiter: 11:37am On Jun 07, 2012
The man has spoken the mind of God, its left for you to accept it.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by werepeLeri: 11:42am On Jun 07, 2012
Anything anti Oyedepo and even anti Christianity must make it to the front page of NairaLand.

OP - I guess all the prayers in the bible are wrong then. When the bible says, thou shall not cast your young - so because the young die, then the bible and its entire content are wrong?

How do you reason?

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 07, 2012
werepeLeri: Anything anti Oyedepo and even anti Christianity must make it to the front page of NairaLand.

OP - I guess all the prayers in the bible are wrong then. When the bible says, thou shall not cast your young - so because the young die, then the bible and its entire content are wrong?

How do you reason?
Ah, you didn't know the Bible is built on falsehood and a little truth? Eh ya, sorry e...

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by mankand(m): 11:44am On Jun 07, 2012
naijanow: HERE’S WHAT BISHOP OYEDEPO PROPHESIED

1. Now listen. 2012 shall be a year of divine surprises.
2. The year 2012 shall be a year of certain visitations as at the age of Abraham. You shall be visited. And that visitation shall be quarterly directed. You shall be divinely instructed. Every of your step shall be regret-free.  Every of your step in the year 2012 shall be a step forward.
3. The year 2012 shall be a year as at the age of Joseph. You may look like a prisoner today. In the course of 2012, the prime minister in you shall come alive.
4. Again, it shall be a year of explosive church growth. By the finger of God in your life, many will follow you to worship your God. By your own turnaround experience, many will follow you to worship your God.
5. In this great year, there will be no mishaps, no casualties, no loss of lives, no loss of properties, all through the year 2012, saith the Spirit of the Lord.
6. Every word spoken concerning you shall come to pass. Every word spoken concerning you shall come to pass. By divine favour, walk into your miracle jobs. By divine favour, walk into your miracle marriages. By divine favour, take your miracle children.
7. In the year 2012, before you recover from one testimony, another one will hit you.
8. Thanks be to God who daily loaded us with benefits. That Scripture shall come to practical fulfilment in your life. You will not lack a daily story to tell. You will tell a story daily, all through 2012.
9. There is none of you present under the sound of my voice that will be missing at the crossover service 2012. You shall be there live and direct. Your children shall be there live and direct. Your wife shall be there live and direct. In the name of Jesus.
10. We saw amazing miracle children this year, we will see many much more next year. We harvested amazing miracle marriages this year, we will harvest much more miracles of new marriages next year. Whatever we saw in 2011 as testimonies, will have them back 1,000 times over in the name of Jesus. Lift up your two hands and begin to appropriate these prophecies to your life. Begin to appropriate these prophetic words to your life.

BUT THESE WERE THE HEADLINES IN THE FIRST THREE WEEKS OF THE YEAR:

THE GUARDIAN Scores dead in northern Nigeria as Islamist militants terrorise the country [/b]JANUARY 22, 2012
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jan/21/scores-dead-nigeria-islamist-militants?newsfeed=true
CHICAGO SUN TIMES [b]At least 143 killed in north Nigeria sect attacks
JANUARY 21, 2012
http://www.suntimes.com/10144975-417/at-least-143-killed-in-north-nigeria-sect-attacks.html
THE WASHINGTON POST: Police: 2 more killed in sect attacks on police in north Nigerian city where scores have died [/b]JANUARY 30, 2012
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/police-2-more-killed-in-sect-attacks-on-police-in-north-nigerian-city-where-scores-have-died/2012/01/30/gIQA8fO4bQ_story.html
THE GUARDIAN [b]Nigerians offer prayers in Kano for suicide bombers' victims [/b]JANUARY 23, 2012
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jan/23/nigerians-pray-suicide-bombers-victims
THE TELEGRAPH [b]Many feared dead as series of bombs rock Nigerian city of Kano
JANUARY 20, 2012
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/9028877/Many-feared-dead-as-series-of-bombs-rock-Nigerian-city-of-Kano.html

Mr. Poster, we need fresh air here. Now I see you are the most senseless BIGOT ever lived. What rubbish, was he prophesying to Nigerians or his church members?

I am out
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's 2012 Predictions Were Wrong? by meetgaya: 11:45am On Jun 07, 2012
THE FACT THAT THE PROPHECY DID NOT FULFILLED IN YOUR LIFE THAT DOES NOT MEANT IT HAS NOT HAPPENED TO OTHERS.
JESUS CAME TO SAVE THE WHOLE WORLD BUT NOT EVERY BODY IS SAVE. LOL

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tornado Destroys House, But Prayer Closet Still Standing In Alabama / Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness / Pastor Precious Iginla Wife, Blessing Makes U-Turn Over Abusive Marriage (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.