Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,759 members, 7,806,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (33420 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / F1 Zone: Formula One Racing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Chib4u: 10:39pm On May 12, 2012
I must say race played a part in this decision. The stewards do not like Hamilton and am sure the racist spanish fans will be so happy now..
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 2:10am On May 13, 2012
I am shocked.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 9:56am On May 13, 2012
If not for the catalogue of errors by his team, Lewis would have been leading the WDC by quite some margin (which would only have widened going into Monaco where he is always possessed with the spirits of speed).

A head needs to roll at McLaren and that head sits on the shoulders of a man called Whitmarsh. angry angry angry

How can a single team keep making such stup!d errors?

[size=14pt]Hamilton stripped of pole and demoted to back of grid as McLaren botch it again[/size]
By Malcolm Folley
PUBLISHED: 18:15, 12 May 2012 | UPDATED: 09:25, 13 May 2012

Lewis Hamiton was shunted from pole position to the back of the grid for the Spanish Grand Prix after another calamitous mistake by his McLaren team here.

Hamilton’s bold, brilliant drive, decimating all his rivals to secure pole by half a second, was erased from the record books after McLaren confessed that a mechanic had inadvertently put an insufficient amount of fuel into his car for him to return to the team garage.

Hamilton was still elated inside his car when he had been told over his radio to park half a lap from the garage. He was informed: ‘Please stop the car. We have a problem.’

McLaren’s defence was that Hamilton’s car had experienced a technical issue — a ‘force majeure’ in Formula One parlance. However, when challenged if human error could be ruled out, team principal Martin Whitmarsh said: ‘No.’

More here (with pics): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-2143459/Spanish-Grand-Prix-2012-Lewis-Hamilton-stripped-Spain-pole.html
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Bisijames(m): 10:09am On May 13, 2012
McLaren again? Like what Beaf always saying untill when Martin whitmarsh get sack nothing good will ever happen to this two great driver they get in their team, the man management is very poor.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 10:34am On May 13, 2012
Bisi james: McLaren again? Like what Beaf always saying untill when Martin whitmarsh get sack nothing good will ever happen to this two great driver they get in their team, the man management is very poor.

Just look how much faster Lewis was than the rest of the field, yet they short fuelled him. Its just crazy!
Even if Lewis was carrying two laps worth of fuel, his raw speed was so much that he would still have got pole. Its hard to understand the stuff going on in Martin Whitmarshes head.
Its incredible that the team with the fastest car and fastest driver is starting from the back of the grid. "Miracles happen." embarassed
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 13, 2012
WTF!!!!!! yesterday Lewis was on pole, then you wake up today and he is at the back of the grid, lol!!!1 i am thinking that this racism BS in F1 is real!!!1 i have seen so many times drivers stopping at the end of races with low fuel, is that the same rule there too, or is it just about Qualifying. that rule is really strange!!!

as for the race, WOOOOOOOOH! Alonso breathing down Maldonado's neck, i can see an Alonso/Raikkonen on the podium today.........VAMOS!!!!!!!!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by justwise(m): 1:14pm On May 13, 2012
MRbrownJAY: WTF!!!!!! yesterday Lewis was on pole, then you wake up today and he is at the back of the grid, lol!!!1 i am thinking that this racism BS in F1 is real!!!1 i have seen so many times drivers stopping at the end of races with low fuel, is that the same rule there too, or is it just about Qualifying. that rule is really strange!!!

as for the race, WOOOOOOOOH! Alonso breathing down Maldonado's neck, i can see an Alonso/Raikkonen on the podium today.........VAMOS!!!!!!!!

Lewis is doing well too, from back of the grid to 13th place now
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by justwise(m): 1:26pm On May 13, 2012
Another terrible pit stop from McLaren
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by aieromon(m): 1:31pm On May 13, 2012
Oh Schumacher

Why does Hamilton's pitcrew keep messing up?
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by justwise(m): 2:07pm On May 13, 2012
This race is fun to watch.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 2:25pm On May 13, 2012
Kimi is gonna win this race. What a lottery!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Katsumoto: 2:29pm On May 13, 2012
That penalty was to ensure two things

1. Alonso wins in fornt of home fans
2. Hamilton doesn't win in Spain

Racism is the main issue here, even within McLaren. McLaren has been sabotaging Hamilton since Whitmarsh became principal.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 2:30pm On May 13, 2012
MRbrownJAY: WTF!!!!!! yesterday Lewis was on pole, then you wake up today and he is at the back of the grid, lol!!!1 i am thinking that this racism BS in F1 is real!!!1 i have seen so many times drivers stopping at the end of races with low fuel, is that the same rule there too, or is it just about Qualifying. that rule is really strange!!!

At best they should have thrown away his last qualifying lap (which would have seen him start at p5), at worst his entire Q3 could have been thrown away (seeing him start at p10).
I have always been certain that there is racism driving against Lewis in F1. Unfortunately McLaren has a bean head as boss; this littany of bullshiit couldn't have happened under Ron Dennis.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by aieromon(m): 2:32pm On May 13, 2012
Beaf: Kimi is gonna win this race. What a lottery!
Not while that Williams chic is smiling.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by aieromon(m): 2:33pm On May 13, 2012
Katsumoto: That penalty was to ensure two things

Racism is the main issue here, even within McLaren. McLaren has been sabotaging Hamilton since Whitmarsh became principal.

I love your conspiracy theory.No comment until end of race.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by aieromon(m): 2:43pm On May 13, 2012
aieromon:
Not while that Williams chic is smiling.

Hahahahha.She won
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by aieromon(m): 2:45pm On May 13, 2012
Beaf:

At best they should have thrown away his last qualifying lap (which would have seen him start at p5), at worst his entire Q3 could have been thrown away (seeing him start at p10).
I have always been certain that there is racism driving against Lewis in F1. Unfortunately McLaren has a bean head as boss; this littany of bullshiit couldn't have happened under Ron Dennis.

Give Hamilton the credit for finishing 8th even though his strategy didnt fully work.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by aieromon(m): 2:49pm On May 13, 2012
Katsumoto: That penalty was to ensure two things

grin

There was no way Hamilton would have won considering the penalty meted out.However,a lot of credit must be given to his strategy and drive to finish 8th.
Lest I forget,Alonso didnt win.Ciao Prophet
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 13, 2012
Beaf:

yeah that penalty made no sense, especially when we all know that he could have stayed in the pits...... and been 10th on the grid.

as for today's race: 1 more lap and Raikkonen would have won that race. 5 different races 5 different teams on the podium, from 5 different drivers......this is looking like a very exciting year....... so now Alonso has a competitive car, and is back on top of the championship (equal on points with Vettel), VAMOS!!!!!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 2:53pm On May 13, 2012
aieromon:

Give Hamilton the credit for finishing 8th even though his strategy didnt fully work.

Yeah, he did well considering where he started. He finished ahead of Button who started well ahead of him.
Congrats to Maldonado tho. It must be Sir Williams best birthday present ever.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by justwise(m): 2:53pm On May 13, 2012
Lewis did a good job, pit stop gain cost him sometimes but he battled from 24th to finish 8th, good point for him and i'm happy that a new driver won it. Very good season.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Katsumoto: 2:53pm On May 13, 2012
aieromon:

There was no way Hamilton would have won considering the penalty meted out.However,a lot of credit must be given to his strategy and drive to finish 8th.
Lest I forget,Alonso didnt win.Ciao Prophet

1. I didn't state that Hamilton was going to win; my point was that Hamilton was sent to the back to ensure he didn't win
2. I was merely alleging that there was an intention by some to ensure that Alonso wins; I wasn't predicting that Alonso would win.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Katsumoto: 2:58pm On May 13, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

yeah that penalty made no sense, especially when we all know that he could have stayed in the pits...... and been 10th on the grid.

as for today's race: 1 more lap and Raikkonen would have won that race. 5 different races 5 different teams on the podium, from 5 different drivers......this is looking like a very exciting year....... so now Alonso has a competitive car, and is back on top of the championship (equal on points with Vettel), VAMOS!!!!!

The more racism rears its ugly head at the races, the more the championship will lose credibility, unless its Hamilton who wins.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by mikkyphp(m): 3:26pm On May 13, 2012
Why are u guys thinking there is a witch hunt against hamilton? Why this talk of racism?why why why! The rules are clear dat you must return to the pits under the engine's power. McLaren put forward their defense, but it was struck out. If tey thought tey had a cogent case, they would strongly appeal the decision.
Great run by hamilton today. Very impressive. Who says vettel cant overtake? Button,hamilton,roseberg... Kudos to his 6th place position.
Kobayashi's p5 was stunning and the best sauber has had this season.
Raikkonen? He had the pace, but i dunno why he took his time in d early stages. I expected him to close the gap on maldonado and alonso. He certainly took his time and needed at least 2 more laps if he wanted to overtake alonso because he was 2.5 seconds behind.
My dear schumacher! Looking at the replays suggested that senna went on the brakes early and moved more than once.
Button? Disappointing!
Overall: brilliant display of race pace and strategy. Thrilling and exciting
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 5:06pm On May 13, 2012
I only manged to watch the first 13 laps. Great win for Williams and Maldonado. The open season some craved is here, so there should be little complaints even your favorite drivers are not dominating.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by hercules07: 6:00pm On May 13, 2012
Thank God for the Ferrari car, hopefully massa will find some pace somewhere.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by omi247(f): 9:14pm On May 13, 2012
Huge fire in the williams garage after the race! Did any of you guys see it?? It was serious! seems a few people were injured though no information on whether any serious injuries. a sad end to a great day for williams sad
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 13, 2012
^^^ i saw the photos and thought they maybe got carried away with the celebration.

Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Chib4u: 11:46pm On May 13, 2012
Great race, from 24th to P8.Hamilton is the best driver in F1 hands down!!!this is pure racing no rain aids (Button's luck in canada #teamhamilton
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 2:41am On May 14, 2012
omi247: Huge fire in the williams garage after the race! Did any of you guys see it?? It was serious! seems a few people were injured though no information on whether any serious injuries. a sad end to a great day for williams sad

I've just seen it now!
Wow! Evidence of odeku wrongly imbibed! They must have been in real brain staggering celebratory state!

I hope the injured are ok. Its rumoured that Bruno Senna's car was consumed in the inferno (not depicted in pic).

Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Beaf: 2:45am On May 14, 2012
Got it:

Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 11:32am On May 14, 2012
DAMN shocked shocked

What kind of party did they have?

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (29) (Reply)

Liverpool Dominate UEFA Award Shortlist - See Full List / Wilfred Ndidi Biography, Age, Profile & Lifestyle / Messi Would Be Suspended Six Months For Conject Attacks (ESPN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.