Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? (34050 Views)

Abdulaziz Dauda Sentenced To Death By Hanging / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE / Al Mustapha Freed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by ehie007(m): 5:21pm On Jan 30, 2012
i wonder why it took too long to pass a simple judgment,
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 30, 2012
He is going to meet his boss
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by success4(m): 5:22pm On Jan 30, 2012
After this we are waiting for the murderer of  BOLA IGE, FUNSHO WILLIAMS, DIPO DINA etc to follow suit!
Mustapha, greet Abacha, Stella Obasanjo, Ya-Adua, Ojukwu cos I belive all of you will be in the same place
GEJ will soon join you and Tinubu! grin grin grin
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by SeunAero(m): 5:23pm On Jan 30, 2012
Meanwhile what happens to SGT. Rogers who purpotedly pulled the trigger?
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by sheyguy: 5:23pm On Jan 30, 2012
Maybe the guy never realized that no condition is permanent. Now let this serve as warning to the rest of his kind.
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 30, 2012
he should greet awolowo for me
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by DAY12(m): 5:26pm On Jan 30, 2012
Just lovin dis country! grin

Next please.
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Afam4eva(m): 5:28pm On Jan 30, 2012
lucenzo:

he should greet awolowo for me

They won't be in the same region in hell fire. Shoe get size.
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by chiama1: 5:28pm On Jan 30, 2012
Hnmmm, At last. It's a pity, he's an intelligent man who decided to use his intelligence negatively. A waste! He did the crime and so must pay for it.sad
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Kuulnomsy(m): 5:28pm On Jan 30, 2012
success4:

After this we are waiting for the murderer of  BOLA IGE, FUNSHO WILLIAMS, DIPO DINA etc to follow suit!
Mustapha, greet Abacha, Stella Obasanjo, Ya-Adua, Ojukwu cos I belive all of you will be in the same place

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Abeg no let them catch oooo  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by misterh(m): 5:29pm On Jan 30, 2012
This is not the end, he has the right to appeal. I'm sure he wouldn't give up without a fight. Though this judgement is good.
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by kinglibido: 5:30pm On Jan 30, 2012
bush meat don catch hunter, infact na for bad place the trap catch hunter, for blockos ;d ;d ;d
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by buy4me: 5:30pm On Jan 30, 2012
success4:

Na wa oh! So does it mean all politicians will goto hell? If yes, then  I better quit now
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 30, 2012
after more than 11 years? . . .how many years will it then take them to be through the appeal and supreme court?  angry
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 30, 2012
Hamza al-Mustapha
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hamza al-Mustapha was the Chief Security Officer of General Sani Abacha, military head of state of Nigeria from November 1993 to June 1998. After Abacha's death he was arrested and tried for murder and attempted murder. He has been held in prison since then as trials and appeals drag on.
Contents
[hide]

1 Military career
   2 Arrest
   3 Detention
   4 References

[edit] Military career

Al-Mustapha joined the army and was trained as an intelligence operative. He was involved in at least two investigations of coup attempts. His conduct of interrogations brought him to the attention of Sani Abacha. When Abacha was Chief of Army (August 1985 – August 1990) al-Mustapha was his Aide-de-Camp.[1]

Hamza al-Mustapha was appointed Chief Security Officer to the Head of State (CSOHS) with a Special Strike Force Unit during Abacha's military regime (17 November 1993 – 8 June 1998). Other security outfits at the time were the Office of the National Security Adviser under Ismaila Gwarzo, the Directorate of Military Intelligence, the State Security Service and the National Intelligence Agency. All of these units engaged in extrajudicial killings of people seen as threats to the regime.[2] Both Ibrahim Babangida and Sani Abacha gave Captain (later Major) Hamza al-Mustapha exceptional power, considerably greater than other officers who were nominally his superior.[3]

After being appointed Chief Security Officer, Al-Mustapha established a number of small security outfits recruited from the military and other security organizations, and trained in Israel and Korea.[1] Abacha's National Security Adviser Ismaila Gwarzo and al-Mustapha were said to be responsible for much of the "torture, killing and wanton looting" during Abacha's rule.[4] On the orders of Sani Abacha's wife Maryam, al-Mustapha detained and tortured several women suspected to be Abacha's girlfriends.[5] As head of the State Security Service (SSS) al-Mustapha was also said to be involved in drug trafficking, using diplomatic pouches to transport the drugs. His wife, an Arab in origin, coordinated a ring of traffickers in the Gulf states.[6]
[edit] Arrest

Al-Mustapha was quickly removed from his job by the transitional regime established by General Abdulsalam Abubakar after Abacha's sudden death in June 1998.[7] In October that year he appeared in court with Abacha's son Mohammed, charged with the murder in June 1996 of Kudirat Abiola, wife of the presidential candidate M.K.O. Abiola (who had died in jail in July 1998).[8] At the trial the killer, Sergeant Barnabas Jabila, said he was obeying orders from his superior, al-Mustapha.[9] Al Mustapha and four others were also charged with a 1996 attempt to murder Alex Ibru, publisher of The Guardian and Abacha's Minister of Internal Affairs.[10] Another charge was laid against al-Mustapha for the attempted murder of former Naval chief Isaac Porbeni.[11]
[edit] Detention

While the trials proceeded, al Mustapha was detained at the Kirikiri maximum security prisons. While imprisoned, on 1 April 2004 he was charged with being involved in a plot to overthrow the government. Allegedly he had conspired with others to shoot down the helicopter carrying President Olusegun Obasanjo using a surface-to-air missile that had been smuggled into the country from Benin.[12] In 2007, there were appeals for al Mustapha's release by four newspapers and by former head of state Ibrahim Babangida.[10] Eventually, after 12 years of imprisonment, trials and retrials, al-Mustapha and his co-defendants were acquitted of most charges on 21 December 2010.[11] The co-defendants were former Lagos State Police Commissioner James Danbaba, former Zamfara State military administrator Jibril Bala Yakubu and former head of the Aso Rock Anti-Riot Police Rabo Lawal.[13]

However, al-Mustapha was still not cleared of the alleged murder of Kudirat Abiola, for which he was being tried separately.[11] In May 2011 there were rumors that al-Mustapha had been murdered at the Kirikiri Maximum Security Prisons where he was being held, but these turned out to be untrue.[14] Later that month a judge set 31 May 2011 as the date for deciding whether to re-open the trial against al Mustapha.[15] The case was reopened in July 2011. In the first two weeks of August, Hamza Al-Mustapha and his co-accused Lateef Sofolahan testified to their innocence of Abiola's killing. The court adjourned the case to 10 November 2011 when counsel to both parties were expected to file and adopt their written addresses.[16] After receiving written submissions and hearing the addresses by the counsel to both parties on that date, Justice Mojisola Dada fixed the date of 30 January 2012 for delivering a judgement.[17]
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by GboyegaD(m): 5:32pm On Jan 30, 2012
I just keep loving Justice Mojisola Dada. He's got the boldness a judge needs.
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by talktrue1(m): 5:33pm On Jan 30, 2012
This same judgement should apply to Boko Haram amd their sponsors.
how I wish na this judge handle that of Bh spokesman that 3yrs
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by success4(m): 5:36pm On Jan 30, 2012
buy4me:

Na wa oh! So does it mean all politicians will goto hell? If yes, then  I better quit now

Thank God your ID is ''Buy4me'' May they not buy such place for you! So, QUIT NOW grin
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by lonelypal(m): 5:37pm On Jan 30, 2012
I laff in boko haram, grin. 13yrs incaceration without a just and conclusive trial and then this angry, This is just d beginning of another round of legal tussle. I see this judgment upturned already on appeal, what a sham on our criminal justice system
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by member10: 5:40pm On Jan 30, 2012
[size=24pt]and who are you people to say that he is going to hell if hanged?.? Also categorizing other past leaders in hell.? Are you not the same humans as they are?.? Please people let's not say that, it is wrong, Only God Almighty has that power.[/size]
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by kholis(m): 5:43pm On Jan 30, 2012
This bastard is long overdue to be hanged, but I know this judgement will eventually be thwarted. Naija 4 u.
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Wily2wily: 5:44pm On Jan 30, 2012
Why should Mustapha judged by a Yoruba Judge,
Mustapha is a Northerner and Yorubas don't like them.
For long, Yorubas has been plotting to kill this innocent Man.
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by ak47mann(m): 5:45pm On Jan 30, 2012
Welcome news cool
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 30, 2012
Wily2wily:

Why should Mustapha judged by a Yoruba Judge,
Mustapha is a Northerner and Yorubas don't like them.
For long, Yorubas has been plotting to kill this innocent Man.
^^ i disagree with you on this one
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by shopisky(m): 5:48pm On Jan 30, 2012
GboyegaD:

I just keep loving Justice Mojisola Dada. He's got the boldness a judge needs.
Justice Mojisola Dada is a woman and not a 'he'
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by kokoA(m): 5:48pm On Jan 30, 2012
Not withstanding, this trial took so long. Justice delayed is Justice denied! I was begining to think the man was innocent.
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by nastydamus(m): 5:48pm On Jan 30, 2012
'A quick drop and a sudden stop'  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by ak47mann(m): 5:50pm On Jan 30, 2012
The man is dangerous, a devil  in disguised i believe in justice  cool i hope his masters are not going to start problem beacuse of this judgement cool
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by buy4me: 5:50pm On Jan 30, 2012
lonelypal:

I laff in boko haram,  grin. 13yrs incaceration without a just and conclusive trial and then this angry, This is just d beginning of another round of legal tussle.  I see this judgment upturned already on appeal, what a sham on our criminal justice system

This is what most people here don't know, the north need only to threaten GEJ, for Al-Mustapha to get a state pardon, and flown on a presidential jet to kano, in 2015, he'll come out to contest for governorship or senatorial seat, If he's in PDP, I bet you he'll win.
Re: Al-mustapha Sentenced To Death By Hanging? by Delible(m): 5:51pm On Jan 30, 2012
Even if you eventually appeal and the judgement upturned, you must have used another 5 yrs in addition to already used 10 yrs.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Imo Legislative Match: Okorocha Is Goalkeeper / Video Of Peter Obi Saying Money Invested In SabMiller Is Worth Almost $100M / Anxiety As Emefiele Misses Buhari’s Deadline To Return To Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.