Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye (18136 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Can To Gej "we Will Defend Ourselves" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by naijajive(f): 5:14pm On Jan 30, 2012
At last, the highly respected Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye has broken his silence over the incessant attack on Christians, their homes and places of worship by the Boko Haram, an Islamic sect in the North Eastern part of the country.

Several homes and churches had been burnt and Christians have been killed in their hundreds by the sect and the most unforgettable one was the attack on the worshippers at a Roman Catholic Church in Mandalla, Niger state where no fewer than 48 lives have been confirmed dead.

The Cleric, who is the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) has read a Riot Act to the sect warning its members to stop attacking Christians, their homes and churches or face the consequences. "We are not allowed to burn mosques or kill people of other religious beliefs but d Bible says we are allowed to Defend ourselves, churches, homes. 'Be gentle as a dove but Wise as a Serpent'", Adeboye posted on his Face Book wall yesterday.

This position tallies with the resolve of the Christian leaders in the North who met recently in Abuja where they vowed never to attack anyone but tasked their members to defend themselves, their homes and the churches against any further attack.

At the meeting a fire-spitting cleric (name withheld) whose church is located in Area One, Abuja was asked to teach on the position of the Bible on religious intolerance.

The Pastor, according to an eye witness, took his audience from the Old Testament to the New where he cited how Christians were able to defend themselves against any unprovoked attack.

"We need to remind these murderers that Jesus, our Lord and Saviour, is both the Lamb of God who took away our sins and the Lion of the tribe of Judah. He is the Lamb to us but Lion against our foes. And more importantly, the roaring of a lion is purposely for the territorial protection. We used to run before but henceforth we run no more," the Pastor decleared.

"We used to run away before but henceforth we would stand to defend ourselves, our families and the church of God against any attack. No religion has a monopoly of violence. They were asking us to quit the North, to where? Do they think all the Christians in the North are non-indigenes? We are going nowhere, every church has been asked to provide adequate security to its members during the hours of worship and they leaders were charged to protect their families wherever they are located, "the Abuja based pastor who was at the meeting disclosed.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201201301389.html
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by seenoevil1: 5:39pm On Jan 30, 2012
At last, the highly respected Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye has broken his silence over the incessant attack on Christians, their homes and places of worship by the Boko Haram, an Islamic sect in the North Eastern part of the country.

Several homes and churches had been burnt and Christians have been killed in their hundreds by the sect and the most unforgettable one was the attack on the worshippers at a Roman Catholic Church in Mandalla, Niger state where no fewer than 48 lives have been confirmed dead.

The Cleric, who is the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) has read a Riot Act to the sect warning its members to stop attacking Christians, their homes and churches or face the consequences. "We are not allowed to burn mosques or kill people of other religious beliefs but d Bible says we are allowed to Defend ourselves, churches, homes. 'Be gentle as a dove but Wise as a Serpent'", Adeboye posted on his Face Book wall yesterday.

This position tallies with the resolve of the Christian leaders in the North who met recently in Abuja where they vowed never to attack anyone but tasked their members to defend themselves, their homes and the churches against any further attack.

At the meeting a fire-spitting cleric (name withheld) whose church is located in Area One, Abuja was asked to teach on the position of the Bible on religious intolerance.

The Pastor, according to an eye witness, took his audience from the Old Testament to the New where he cited how Christians were able to defend themselves against any unprovoked attack.

"We need to remind these murderers that Jesus, our Lord and Saviour, is both the Lamb of God who took away our sins and the Lion of the tribe of Judah. He is the Lamb to us but Lion against our foes. And more importantly, the roaring of a lion is purposely for the territorial protection. We used to run before but henceforth we run no more," the Pastor decleared.

"We used to run away before but henceforth we would stand to defend ourselves, our families and the church of God against any attack. No religion has a monopoly of violence. They were asking us to quit the North, to where? Do they think all the Christians in the North are non-indigenes? We are going nowhere, every church has been asked to provide adequate security to its members during the hours of worship and they leaders were charged to protect their families wherever they are located, "the Abuja based pastor who was at the meeting disclosed.

AFTER U DON SEND ALL YOUR FAMILY ABROAD NA IM U DEY YAN DIS ONE ABI ?

1 Like

Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by silat(f): 6:36pm On Jan 30, 2012
Nehemiah 4 17 Those who were rebuilding the wall and those who carried burdens took their load with one hand doing the work and the other holding a weapon.  18 As for the builders, each wore his sword girded at his side as he built, while the trumpeter stood near me. ,  21 So we carried on the work with half of them holding spears from dawn until the stars appeared. ,   23 So neither I, my brothers, my servants, nor the men of the guard who followed me, none of us removed our clothes, each took his weapon even to the water.

Esther 9:1-5 , the Jews themselves overpowered those who hated them.  2 The Jews gathered together in their cities throughout all the provinces of King Ahasuerus to lay hands on those who sought their harm. And no one could withstand them, because fear of them fell upon all people, 5 Thus the Jews defeated all their enemies with the stroke of the sword, with slaughter and destruction,
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by naijajive(f): 7:12pm On Jan 30, 2012
see*noevil:

What are you talking about?
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by keyremotes(m): 11:11pm On Jan 30, 2012
see*noevil:

If you have nothing to post you don't have to. angry
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by ebere1712: 2:23am On Jan 31, 2012
yeah man you have already defended yourself with a bullet proof vehicle. don't come here and boast to us. Seriously people should array arming themselves for their own defence. one of the worst things that could happen to someone is to be hacked down by a malham with a blunt matchet over something that you don't give two fvcks about. Everybody should go to work with atleast a revolver. This to me is an accepted form of civil disobedience. the police and security institutions have failed dismally. guys get the clue, you are fvcking on your own. Naturally, I don't care what the fvck you are, just fvcking live and let live and I am your best friend. However my people say that; an imminent war is easily discernible, even to the deaf man.
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by keyremotes(m): 6:52am On Jan 31, 2012
ebere1712:

yeah man you have already defended yourself with a bullet proof vehicle. don't come here and boast to us. Seriously people should array arming themselves for their own defence. one of the worst things that could happen to someone is to be hacked down by a malham with a blunt matchet over something that you don't give two fvcks about. Everybody should go to work with atleast a revolver. This to me is an accepted form of civil disobedience. the police and security institutions have failed dismally. guys get the clue, you are fvcking on your own. Naturally, I don't care what the fvck you are, just fvcking live and let live and I am your best friend. However my people say that; an imminent war is easily discernible, even to the deaf man.
About the bullet proff thing.
Are you sure you have the right information?
Go and do your home work.
Neither he nor Bishop Oyedepo own any bullet proof vehicles.
God is more than able to protect them.
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 31, 2012
I wasnt expecting better.
The CAN (Christian Almajiri Network) members are the govt's bittches. They wont and cant blame the govt for the state of insecurity in the nation else they break the HOLY ALLIANCE they have with them.
Rogue Cons and Concubines of Government(RCCG)
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by phreakabit(m): 9:16am On Jan 31, 2012
keyremotes:

If you have nothing to post you don't have to.    angry

Shut up! All these pro ''adeboyist" them don dey show. .  . Where was he when smaller churches were being burnt and bombed and shot up? His negligence to those actions fuelled Boko Haram and gave them the much needed confidence to do more, even to bigger churches. All these division in the body of Christ (Known as the church) based on branding(Christ embassy, Redeem et al), will take us no where. In a way, I would blame all these big men of God for not speaking up when this thing started.Especially since it affected only smaller churches back then.
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by seedord247(m): 9:17am On Jan 31, 2012
keyremotes:

About the bullet proff thing.
Are you sure you have the right information?
Go and do your home work.
Neither he nor Bishop Oyedepo own any bullet proof vehicles.
God is more than able to protect them.

Shattaaaapuuuuu . . .

If he can afford money to buy Jet . . how much is bullet proof car, he can't afford?
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by phreakabit(m): 9:18am On Jan 31, 2012
musKeeto:

The CAN (Christian Almajiri Network) members are the govt's bittches. They wont and cant blame the govt for the state of insecurity in the nation else they break the[b] HOLY ALLIANCE[/b] they have with them.

Who give this re-tarded Aboki heroine again? 
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by Acidosis(m): 9:23am On Jan 31, 2012
musKeeto:

The CAN (Christian Almajiri Network) members are the govt's bittches. They wont and cant blame the govt for the state of insecurity in the nation else they break the HOLY ALLIANCE they have with them.
People like you ought to be prey for boko haram
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by Kx: 9:33am On Jan 31, 2012
naijajive:

We are not allowed to burn mosques or kill people of other religious beliefs [size=14pt]but d Bible says we are allowed to Defend ourselves, churches, homes[/size]
I strongly dispute the above especially since our home is heaven for God's sake

naijajive:

[size=14pt]No religion has a monopoly of violence[/size]
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by norrisman: 9:34am On Jan 31, 2012
A man of God indeed. I hope he didnt really say this. Never should a leader preach violence. desmond Tutu nevr did, gandhi never did, archbishop of york has never done, The pope hasn never done. so i like I said I hope he didnt really say this

And if he did, I hope he means the church will be extra vigilant and build better security network and not a case of replying bullets with bullets.
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by phreakabit(m): 9:37am On Jan 31, 2012
I FIND NOTHING WRONG IN WHAT HE SAID. BUT WHY DIDN'T HE SPEAK OUT WHEN NONE OF HIS CHURCHES HAD FALLEN VICTIM? Same thing Bishop Oyedepo did. Just makes me wonder is the body of Christ truly united? I doubt it!
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by eghost247(m): 10:14am On Jan 31, 2012
ok now
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by Gentleboby: 10:33am On Jan 31, 2012
Mathew:24:1: And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
M't:24:2: And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
M't:24:3: And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
M't:24:4: And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
M't:24:5: For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
M't:24:6: And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
M't:24:7: For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
M't:24:8: All these are the beginning of sorrows.
M't:24:9: Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
M't:24:10: And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
M't:24:11: And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
M't:24:12: And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
M't:24:13: But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
M't:24:14: And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Take note the words hi lighted in the word of God and remember only love and endurance can solve our problems before king of Glory take vengeance, God swore vengeance on everyone involved in the murder
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 31, 2012
[size=28pt]False Teacher - Enoch Abeboye[/size]

Enoch Adeboye: http://enochadeboye.org/

At the link above, we read:

“In this book Enoch Adeboye, Rebecca Bible-Davids captures in vivid portrait the life and ministry of one of the most outstanding figures of the 21st century Christianity. She traces his life from birth in village of Ifewara to the struggles of his early life with the monster called poverty.

You will discover how through the help of god coupled with dogged determination, discipline and hard work, he chose to be educated under very difficult circumstances and moved forward to bag himself a PhD in Applied Mathematics hitting a successful career in the academic world.

Later in life by Divine Providence, Enoch Adeboye became the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian church of God, Under the leadership, the church has experienced phenomenal growth from 40 small parishes which were located only in the south-western Nigeria to well over 20,000 parishes in 110 nations.

Pastor Adeboye is also the host of the annual Holy Ghost Congress [/b]which attracts over 7 million worshippers from all the continents of the world and has reputed as the largest gathering of human beings in history.

Enoch Adeboye has been [b]noted as the worlds 49th moshttp://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;topic=858720.0;num_replies=15t influential person by the prestigious American magazine, Newsweek.
In the midst of all these accolades, it is amazing how Enoch Adeboye has remained wrapped up in the cloak of humility, refusing to accord the glory to himself.

This masterpiece also uncovers interesting details such as his life outside the pulpit, his role as a husband and a father, his likes and dislike and what he does to unwind. it is a soul gripping testimony that will challenge you to dream, to dare and to do.”

Read the Scriptures, Edward, and you will find all the answers there, provided God gives them to you. Apparently, your “believing” friends have not discovered the truth:

[size=18pt]“And He said to them, You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God” (Luke 16:15 MKJV).[/size]

None of these men have their boast in the Lord Jesus Christ, but in their own power and accomplishments, falsely using His Name, which works they pass off to the naïve as godly. They are antiChrist. These men represent the angel of light - the destroyer - Satan.

Am I saying they aren’t impressive or friendly or respected by the world? Am I saying they aren’t achievers or that they aren’t intelligent? No, I say none of those things. I do say they are not men of God, though they claim to be, which makes them false teachers in God’s sight, which is not good, not good at all.

At Wikipedia, going from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_Adeboye to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redeemed_Christian_Church_of_God, we read:

“The Statement of Faith of the reveals belief in the Divine inspiration of the Bible; the Trinity; the deity, virgin birth, sinless life, crucifixion, resurrection, ascension, and return of Jesus; man, by voluntary disobedience and transgression, falling into sin; salvation being through repentance and faith; the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues; that Divine healing is provided through the atonement; the pre-tribulation rapture of the church; the thousand year reign of Jesus Christ; the final judgment of all the wicked; eternal heaven and eternal hell being literal final places of destiny; water baptism by immersion; in Lord’s as a memorial; and restitution of Christians righting wrongs they have committed.”

There are several false doctrines (see Diabolical Doctrines) in a religious organization that calls itself a church of God and is not, according to the life and teachings of Jesus Christ and His disciples, as described in The True Marks of a Cult.

Perhaps as great an indication as any of Enoch Adeboye’s falsehood is his acknowledgment of a prince of false teachers, a scumbag of the first order - Benny Hinn. Adeboye’s recognition of Hinn as a man of God is followed by a complaint of being embarrassed by him when Hinn did not publicly recognize him on stage at a conference or “crusade” and accused Adeboye of great financial waste.

Adeboye also let Hinn pray for him. Would a man of God be willing to be prayed for by the devil himself? See:
http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=4709&z=12

Edward, there is a Scripture that says, “The fool has said in his heart there is no God” (Psalm 53:1).

You are not that man; your friends are that man. While they, in their darkness, say God is with these preachers, you are saying He is not. In a very reasonable way, you are saying that their god is not the True Living God; you are certainly saying you don’t believe in him. You are right and they are wrong.

When it comes to the god they worship and try to persuade you to worship, I commend you for being an atheist. But I do call on you to worship the True God, Whom we know, love, believe, and represent, free of charge. He is the One Who freely comes to give life freely, and not to take it:

John 10:10-16 MKJV
(10) The thief does not come except to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come so that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
(11) I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.
(12) But he who is a hireling and not the Shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and runs away. And the wolf catches them and scatters the sheep.
(13) The hireling flees, because he is a hireling and does not care for the sheep.
(14) I am the Good Shepherd, and I know those that are Mine, and I am known by those who are Mine.
(15) Even as the Father knows Me, I also know the Father. And I lay down My life for the sheep.
(16) And I have other sheep who are not of this fold. I must also lead those, and they shall hear My voice, and there shall be one flock, one Shepherd.

Jude 1:2-4 MKJV
(2) Mercy and peace and love be multiplied to you.
(3) Having made all haste to write to you about the common salvation, beloved, I had need to write to you to exhort you to contend earnestly for the faith once delivered to the saints.
(4) For certain men crept in secretly, those having been of old previously written into this condemnation, ungodly ones perverting the grace of our God for unbridled lust, and denying the only Master, God, even our Lord Jesus Christ.

Contending earnestly,

Victor Hafichuk

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/falseteachers/nigerianpreachers.htm
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by bigshow123: 10:37am On Jan 31, 2012
the bible say flee from the devil and he will flee from you. i doubt if adeboye himself can withstand a boko haram onslaught in his domain. our only prayer is that they should limit their madness to the north
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 31, 2012
"Resist not evil, but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Mt. 5:39)

"Remind the Christians to speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, showing meekness to all men." (Titus 3:2) (sorry i aint a christian lol)

"Follow Peace with all men and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." (Hebrews 12:14)

The servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves." (2 Timothy 2:24-25)

"Do all things without murmurrings and disputings, that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God without rebuke in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation." (Philipians 2:14:15)

Jesus came "to guide our feet into the way of Peace." (Luke 1:79)

Whatever you to to another it is as tho you were doing it to Jesus for he said:"In as much as ye have done it into one of the least of these, my brothers, ye have done it unto me." (Matthew 25:40)

"In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother" (1John 3:10)

"He that doeth good is of God, but he that doeth evil hath not seen God." (3John 1.11)

"He that kills with the sword, must be killed with the sword." (Revelation 13:10)

Forgive "one another if any man have a quarrel with any." (Colossians 3:13)

If anyone steals from you "take it joyfully" (Hebrews 10:34)

Even if you are unjustly enslaved or imprisoned, you do not resist but seek to convert your Jailers as St. Paul did. (Philippians 4:22)

"Be diligent that you may be found in Peace." (2 Peter 3:14)

But doesn't the Bible say we are to obey the Government? Yes, in all things which are not contrary to the Gospel, but if Jesus says live in peace and the governments says go to war, then "We ought to obey God rather than men." (Acts 5:29)

The Fruit of the Spirit is Peace, Love, Gentleness, Meekness" (Galatians 5:22)

"Walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called with all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the spirit in the bond of Peace." (Ephesians 4:1-3)

Peace is the Gospel . This is the doctrine of Christ. "Whosoever transgresses and abides not in the Doctrine of Christ hath not God." (2John 2:1)

"The fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace." (James 3:18)

"Whosoever compells you to go a mile with him, go with him twain." (Mt.5:41)

"When they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another" (Matthew 10:32)

This world is not your home. "You are citizens of heaven." (Philippians 3:20)

"[size=18pt]I say unto you love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which desoitefully use and persecute you, that you may be children of your father which is in heaven.[/size]" (Matthew 5:44-45)

"Behold I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves; be ye therefore as wise a serpents, and as harmless as doves." (Matthew 10:15)

[size=22pt] "Have peace with one another.[/size]" Romans 9:50)

"Let us follow after the things that make for peace." (Romans 14:19)

javascript:void(0); (1 Corinthians 7:15)

"Live in peace." (2 Corinthians 13:11)

Jesus mission was to "Preach Peace." (Acts 10:36)

Jesus came and "preached peace." (Ephesians 2:17)

"Seek Peace and ensue it." (1Peter 1:3)

"As you would that men would do to you, do ye also to them likewise." (Luke 6:31)

"We are counted as sheep for the slaughter." (Romans 8:36)

"Blessed are the Peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God." (Matthew 5:19)

"He hath given us the ministry of reconciliation" (2 Corinthians 5:18)

"As far as your responsibility goes, live at peace with all men." (Romans 12:18 Phillips translation)

"On earth peace, good will towards men." (Luke 2:14)

"If any man will sue thee at the law to take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also." (Matthew 5:40)

"Ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars, see that ye be not troubled." (Matthew 24:cool

"My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight that I should be delivered of the Jews." (John 18:36)

"Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword, shall perish with the sword." (Matthew 26:52)

"[size=30pt]Bless them that persecute you:[/size] bless and curse not." (Romans 12:14)

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:20)

"Recompense no man evil for evil." (Romans 12.:7)

"Being reviled, we bless . Being persecuted we suffer it. Being defamed, we entreat." (1Corinthians 4:12-13)

"Dearly Beloved, avenge not yourselves but rather give place unto wrath, for it is written Vengeance is mine, I will repay saith the Lord." (Romans 12:19)

"Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him, if he thirst, give him drink." (Romans 12:9)

"See that none render evil for evil, or railing for railing, but contrariwise blessing." (1 Peter3:9)

God's primary title in the New Testament is The God of Peace. It is used six times (Rom. 15:33, Heb. 13:20, Phil. 4:9, Rom. 16:20, 1 Thess. 5:3, 2 Thess. 3:16)

"Blessed are the Meek for they shall inherit the earth." (Mt.5.5)

"God is not the author of confusion, but of Peace." (1Cor.14:33)

"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of them that preach The Gospel of Peace." (Rom.10:15)

"Finally Brethern, farewell, be perfect. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace and the God of Love and Peace shall be with you." (2 Cor.13.11)
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by Bsc(m): 10:48am On Jan 31, 2012
this is no news, i expected a word of prophecy
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by chinedumo(m): 10:50am On Jan 31, 2012
diluminati:

[size=28pt]False Teacher - Enoch Abeboye[/size]

Enoch Adeboye: http://enochadeboye.org/

At the link above, we read:

“In this book Enoch Adeboye, Rebecca Bible-Davids captures in vivid portrait the life and ministry of one of the most outstanding figures of the 21st century Christianity. She traces his life from birth in village of Ifewara to the struggles of his early life with the monster called poverty.

You will discover how through the help of god coupled with dogged determination, discipline and hard work, he chose to be educated under very difficult circumstances and moved forward to bag himself a PhD in Applied Mathematics hitting a successful career in the academic world.

Later in life by Divine Providence, Enoch Adeboye became the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian church of God, Under the leadership, the church has experienced phenomenal growth from 40 small parishes which were located only in the south-western Nigeria to well over 20,000 parishes in 110 nations.

Pastor Adeboye is also the host of the annual Holy Ghost Congress [/b]which attracts over 7 million worshippers from all the continents of the world and has reputed as the largest gathering of human beings in history.

Enoch Adeboye has been [b]noted as the worlds 49th moshttp://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;topic=858720.0;num_replies=15t influential person by the prestigious American magazine, Newsweek.
In the midst of all these accolades, it is amazing how Enoch Adeboye has remained wrapped up in the cloak of humility, refusing to accord the glory to himself.

This masterpiece also uncovers interesting details such as his life outside the pulpit, his role as a husband and a father, his likes and dislike and what he does to unwind. it is a soul gripping testimony that will challenge you to dream, to dare and to do.”

Read the Scriptures, Edward, and you will find all the answers there, provided God gives them to you. Apparently, your “believing” friends have not discovered the truth:

[size=18pt]“And He said to them, You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God” (Luke 16:15 MKJV).[/size]

None of these men have their boast in the Lord Jesus Christ, but in their own power and accomplishments, falsely using His Name, which works they pass off to the naïve as godly. They are antiChrist. These men represent the angel of light - the destroyer - Satan.

Am I saying they aren’t impressive or friendly or respected by the world? Am I saying they aren’t achievers or that they aren’t intelligent? No, I say none of those things. I do say they are not men of God, though they claim to be, which makes them false teachers in God’s sight, which is not good, not good at all.

At Wikipedia, going from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_Adeboye to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redeemed_Christian_Church_of_God, we read:

“The Statement of Faith of the reveals belief in the Divine inspiration of the Bible; the Trinity; the deity, virgin birth, sinless life, crucifixion, resurrection, ascension, and return of Jesus; man, by voluntary disobedience and transgression, falling into sin; salvation being through repentance and faith; the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues; that Divine healing is provided through the atonement; the pre-tribulation rapture of the church; the thousand year reign of Jesus Christ; the final judgment of all the wicked; eternal heaven and eternal hell being literal final places of destiny; water baptism by immersion; in Lord’s as a memorial; and restitution of Christians righting wrongs they have committed.”

There are several false doctrines (see Diabolical Doctrines) in a religious organization that calls itself a church of God and is not, according to the life and teachings of Jesus Christ and His disciples, as described in The True Marks of a Cult.

Perhaps as great an indication as any of Enoch Adeboye’s falsehood is his acknowledgment of a prince of false teachers, a scumbag of the first order - Benny Hinn. Adeboye’s recognition of Hinn as a man of God is followed by a complaint of being embarrassed by him when Hinn did not publicly recognize him on stage at a conference or “crusade” and accused Adeboye of great financial waste.

Adeboye also let Hinn pray for him. Would a man of God be willing to be prayed for by the devil himself? See:
http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=4709&z=12

Edward, there is a Scripture that says, “The fool has said in his heart there is no God” (Psalm 53:1).

You are not that man; your friends are that man. While they, in their darkness, say God is with these preachers, you are saying He is not. In a very reasonable way, you are saying that their god is not the True Living God; you are certainly saying you don’t believe in him. You are right and they are wrong.

When it comes to the god they worship and try to persuade you to worship, I commend you for being an atheist. But I do call on you to worship the True God, Whom we know, love, believe, and represent, free of charge. He is the One Who freely comes to give life freely, and not to take it:

John 10:10-16 MKJV
(10) The thief does not come except to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come so that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
(11) I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.
(12) But he who is a hireling and not the Shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and runs away. And the wolf catches them and scatters the sheep.
(13) The hireling flees, because he is a hireling and does not care for the sheep.
(14) I am the Good Shepherd, and I know those that are Mine, and I am known by those who are Mine.
(15) Even as the Father knows Me, I also know the Father. And I lay down My life for the sheep.
(16) And I have other sheep who are not of this fold. I must also lead those, and they shall hear My voice, and there shall be one flock, one Shepherd.

Jude 1:2-4 MKJV
(2) Mercy and peace and love be multiplied to you.
(3) Having made all haste to write to you about the common salvation, beloved, I had need to write to you to exhort you to contend earnestly for the faith once delivered to the saints.
(4) For certain men crept in secretly, those having been of old previously written into this condemnation, ungodly ones perverting the grace of our God for unbridled lust, and denying the only Master, God, even our Lord Jesus Christ.

Contending earnestly,

Victor Hafichuk

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/falseteachers/nigerianpreachers.htm

of Course Adeboye is not a [true] Illuminati teacher

Does the Illuminati also speak against Boko haram and Islam?

does the Illuminati sympathize with the suffering of Nigerian Christians for decades at the hands of Muslims/
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by chinedumo(m): 10:58am On Jan 31, 2012
"Resist not evil, but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Mt. 5:39)

"Remind the Christians to speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, showing meekness to all men." (Titus 3:2) (sorry i aint a christian lol)

"Follow Peace with all men and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." (Hebrews 12:14)

The servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves." (2 Timothy 2:24-25)

"Do all things without murmurrings and disputings, that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God without rebuke in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation." (Philipians 2:14:15)

Jesus came "to guide our feet into the way of Peace." (Luke 1:79)

Whatever you to to another it is as tho you were doing it to Jesus for he said:"In as much as ye have done it into one of the least of these, my brothers, ye have done it unto me." (Matthew 25:40)

"In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother" (1John 3:10)

"He that doeth good is of God, but he that doeth evil hath not seen God." (3John 1.11)

"He that kills with the sword, must be killed with the sword." (Revelation 13:10)

Forgive "one another if any man have a quarrel with any." (Colossians 3:13)

If anyone steals from you "take it joyfully" (Hebrews 10:34)

Even if you are unjustly enslaved or imprisoned, you do not resist but seek to convert your Jailers as St. Paul did. (Philippians 4:22)

"Be diligent that you may be found in Peace." (2 Peter 3:14)

But doesn't the Bible say we are to obey the Government? Yes, in all things which are not contrary to the Gospel, but if Jesus says live in peace and the governments says go to war, then "We ought to obey God rather than men." (Acts 5:29)

The Fruit of the Spirit is Peace, Love, Gentleness, Meekness" (Galatians 5:22)

"Walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called with all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the spirit in the bond of Peace." (Ephesians 4:1-3)

Peace is the Gospel . This is the doctrine of Christ. "Whosoever transgresses and abides not in the Doctrine of Christ hath not God." (2John 2:1)

"The fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace." (James 3:18)

"Whosoever compells you to go a mile with him, go with him twain." (Mt.5:41)

"When they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another" (Matthew 10:32)

This world is not your home. "You are citizens of heaven." (Philippians 3:20)

"I say unto you love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which desoitefully use and persecute you, that you may be children of your father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:44-45)

"Behold I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves; be ye therefore as wise a serpents, and as harmless as doves." (Matthew 10:15)

"Have peace with one another." Romans 9:50)

"Let us follow after the things that make for peace." (Romans 14:19)

javascript:void(0); (1 Corinthians 7:15)

"Live in peace." (2 Corinthians 13:11)

Jesus mission was to "Preach Peace." (Acts 10:36)

Jesus came and "preached peace." (Ephesians 2:17)

"Seek Peace and ensue it." (1Peter 1:3)

"As you would that men would do to you, do ye also to them likewise." (Luke 6:31)

"We are counted as sheep for the slaughter." (Romans 8:36)

"Blessed are the Peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God." (Matthew 5:19)

"He hath given us the ministry of reconciliation" (2 Corinthians 5:18)

"As far as your responsibility goes, live at peace with all men." (Romans 12:18 Phillips translation)

"On earth peace, good will towards men." (Luke 2:14)

"If any man will sue thee at the law to take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also." (Matthew 5:40)

"Ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars, see that ye be not troubled." (Matthew 24:Cool

"My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight that I should be delivered of the Jews." (John 18:36)

"Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword, shall perish with the sword." (Matthew 26:52)

"Bless them that persecute you: bless and curse not." (Romans 12:14)

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:20)

"Recompense no man evil for evil." (Romans 12.:7)

"Being reviled, we bless . Being persecuted we suffer it. Being defamed, we entreat." (1Corinthians 4:12-13)

"Dearly Beloved, avenge not yourselves but rather give place unto wrath, for it is written Vengeance is mine, I will repay saith the Lord." (Romans 12:19)

"Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him, if he thirst, give him drink." (Romans 12:9)

"See that none render evil for evil, or railing for railing, but contrariwise blessing." (1 Peter3:9)

God's primary title in the New Testament is The God of Peace. It is used six times (Rom. 15:33, Heb. 13:20, Phil. 4:9, Rom. 16:20, 1 Thess. 5:3, 2 Thess. 3:16)

"Blessed are the Meek for they shall inherit the earth." (Mt.5.5)

"God is not the author of confusion, but of Peace." (1Cor.14:33)

"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of them that preach The Gospel of Peace." (Rom.10:15)

"Finally Brethern, farewell, be perfect. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace and the God of Love and Peace shall be with you." (2 Cor.13.11)

Jesus is highly esteemed among [Some] men that does not make Jesus an abomination in God's sight

When people speak highly of u. it is not wrong

Jesus spoke highly of himself

He called himself the son of God

When one talks of his accomplishments

We own nothing

and can do nothing of ourselves

our accomplishments is the same as god's accomplishments

There is nothing wrong with seeking protection from the government of the land
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by Johnnoo(m): 11:08am On Jan 31, 2012
L & G,

Pls be careful about wat u say in matters of faith. . .
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 31, 2012
Your arguments are baseless. See i just floored you with two solid posts. You cant say shitt other than to utter senseless threats.
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by stepo707: 11:09am On Jan 31, 2012
How exactly does he intend members of the church to defend themsekves,by retaliating fire for fire?can he stand Boko boys? Mtcheeeeew!
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by obowunmi(m): 11:18am On Jan 31, 2012
I love and respect Pastor Adeboye. It is well.
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by gonon: 11:31am On Jan 31, 2012
A man of God indeed. I hope he didnt really say this. Never should a leader preach violence. desmond Tutu nevr did, gandhi never did, archbishop of york has never done, The pope hasn never done. so i like I said I hope he didnt really say this

And if he did, I hope he means the church will be extra vigilant and build better security network and not a case of replying bullets with bullets.

Please have your head examined, The above people you called did not face half of what we are experiencing, By the way keep turning your cheek and you will run out of cheeks, except your butt cheeks, grin (No homo), to present,
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by In4MATIC1: 11:38am On Jan 31, 2012
Hmmm, very heroic and commendable. People have a right to defend their right to live but the question is with wat? Offering bowls or pesttles? Unless if we are expecting a shipload of small arms, Its best to think of practical methods of protection,
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by obowunmi(m): 11:40am On Jan 31, 2012
Oyedepo should render slaps to boko boys. Sheybi them burn his church for North and nothing happened.
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by FXKing2012(m): 11:44am On Jan 31, 2012
Why are people in here always so quick to attack men of God? Is this forum full of atheist and pagans or what? This calls for concern.
Re: We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye by brainpulse: 11:44am On Jan 31, 2012
@diluminati
If ur name is what i suggest, I am not surprise about ur thoughts and writings, because the iluminaties are known for words that is anti-christ becos of the spirit of the last days they operate with. Those that do not know them should desist from casting abuse on God's reps. It is for God when it comes to the issue of those that called themselves Men Of God.
If you understand principles of self defence you can protect yourself from exterrnal forces of any knid and it is in the instinct of every creature of God. whenever lions attack buffalo they resist with their sharp horns and weight despite they can not kill the lion. In self defence also, you run away from danger,and is a line of action against the enemy.

If you dont read you end up making a fool of your ignorance. that is what many of the NL guys do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Jesus Taught Kenneth Hagin About Authority / How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? / Kemi Olunloyo: We Should Stop Using Religion As Excuse For Character Defamation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.