Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:35 PM

How Will Posterity Judge Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (sls) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Will Posterity Judge Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (sls) (808 Views)

Emir Lamido Sanusi At The Hajj Pilgrimage In Mecca (Photos) / Buhari's Promises In Pictures, For Posterity. / Seun Osewa, Posterity Will Judge You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will Posterity Judge Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (sls) by SirVee(m): 8:29am On Jan 31, 2012
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (SLS) became CBN governor sometimes mid 2009 and he came heavy a few months later on the banking industry telling the whole world how bad our banks were.
The Nigerian Banks had been prunned from about 89 to 25 in number in the consolidation programme by his immediate predecessor - Chukwuma Soludo.

Immediately Sanusi resumed, he claimed he wants to re-structure the banks, hence the Nigerian economy.

1. He told us the banks were very weak
2. He sacked the MD and ED of some of the banks
3. He appointed 'successors' to the very bad directors of the bad banks.
4. He bailed out the banks with very huge amounts of Nigerian tax payers money
5. He established AMCON and started buying 'debts' of the failed banks
6. He shifted dates at will and liquidated three of the bad banks

But three years later, where are we? Has our economy improved? Is there any hope in the near future that the economy will improve?
Is Sanusi the best Nigeria has to be the boss of the Apex bank? Don't we have 'gentlemen' who are can perform better? Don't we have men and women who do not raise alarm taht causes more harm than good to the Nigerian economy.

What has happened to the stock market under SLS?
1. SLS has caused confidence to be lost in the market. How? he has said the stock market is a place for 'gamblers'
2. Sanusi has defended the naira to the detriment of the Nigerian economy (?)
3. Sanusi has increased interest rates to an unreasonabl ehigh level to defend his unsustainable policy, and this has stiffled growth and investment. Businesses have not grown as banks do not lend, and even when they do, the rates have sky rocketed!
4. The return from the stock market have been poor since Sanusi assumed the mantle of leadership of the Apex bank. This invariably implies that bussinesses and the economy has been statis under SLS

FUEL SUBSIDY?
Sanusi supported this subsidy with his blood, telling Nigerians that the proposed 141 naira / litre was it for the economy and nothing else! But when the masses reacted, Sanusis quickly started singing a new tune of dialogue.

Sanusi's Religious and Ethnic bias
SLS has a masters in Islamic Studies from a University in Sudan! Can he be unbiased?
He tried to introduce Islamic Banking to the Nigerian State where there is a strong ethnic and religious divide. Thank goodness this was foiled. Who knows what would have happened if this policy had succeeded withthe new menace of Boko Haram
His recent comment that BH started as a result of poor oil derivation to the North Eastern states with some funny statistics on population et al. soundsed funny, biased and pale! Has Sanusi been to the Delta? Does he know the level of poverty and degradation here?
Is this his statement in support of the wanton (no basis) destruction wrecked on the Nigerian nation by Boko Haram? Boko Haram is recently asking for the whole Nigerian state to be ruled under the Islamic Sharia law? Isn't this funny and pale (I learnt the use of the word 'pale' from SLS)

Who is Sanusi? What is his drive and direction for the Nigerian economy / State?
Can Sanusi be unmasked?
Is he the best that this nation can have as the CBN governor? Has his result favoured the average Nigerian - where so many have lost jobs in the banking sector and alot of businesses have stiffled for shortage of funds?
Re: How Will Posterity Judge Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (sls) by Kx: 8:39am On Jan 31, 2012
SirVee:

His recent comment that BH started as a result of poor oil derivation to the North Eastern states with some funny statistics on population et al.
A comment attributed to him on star fm this morning had it that
Sanusi said the 13% derivation given to the naija delta without allocating some revenue especially to the north easterners is one of the reasons that gave rise to the uprising by Boko Haram.

When Kano had groundnut pyramid etc, did they share the proceeds with other regions of Nigeria?
GEJ was right afterall when he said Boko Haram members has infiltrated his govt.
Re: How Will Posterity Judge Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (sls) by gists: 8:55am On Jan 31, 2012
SirVee:

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (SLS) became CBN governor sometimes mid 2009 and he came heavy a few months later on the banking industry telling the whole world how bad our banks were.
The Nigerian Banks had been prunned from about 89 to 25 in number in the consolidation programme by his immediate predecessor - Chukwuma Soludo.

Immediately Sanusi resumed, he claimed he wants to re-structure the banks, hence the Nigerian economy.

But three years later, where are we? Has our economy improved? Is there any hope in the near future that the economy will improve?
Is Sanusi the best Nigeria has to be the boss of the Apex bank? Don't we have 'gentlemen' who are can perform better? Don't we have men and women who do not raise alarm taht causes more harm than good to the Nigerian economy.

1. SLS has caused confidence to be lost in the market. How? he has said the stock market is a place for 'gamblers'
3. Sanusi has increased interest rates to an unreasonabl ehigh level to defend his unsustainable policy, and this has stiffled growth and investment. Businesses have not grown as banks do not lend, and even when they do, the rates have sky rocketed!
4. The return from the stock market have been poor since Sanusi assumed the mantle of leadership of the Apex bank. This invariably implies that bussinesses and the economy has been statis under SLS

FUEL SUBSIDY?
Sanusi supported this subsidy with his blood, telling Nigerians that the proposed 141 naira / litre was it for the economy and nothing else! But when the masses reacted, Sanusis quickly started singing a new tune of dialogue.

SLS has a masters in Islamic Studies from a University in Sudan! Can he be unbiased?
He tried to introduce Islamic Banking to the Nigerian State where there is a strong ethnic and religious divide. Thank goodness this was foiled. Who knows what would have happened if this policy had succeeded withthe new menace of Boko Haram
His recent comment that BH started as a result of poor oil derivation to the North Eastern states with some funny statistics on population et al. soundsed funny, biased and pale! Has Sanusi been to the Delta? Does he know the level of poverty and degradation here?
Is this his statement in support of the wanton (no basis) destruction wrecked on the Nigerian nation by Boko Haram? Boko Haram is recently asking for the whole Nigerian state to be ruled under the Islamic Sharia law? Isn't this funny and pale (I learnt the use of the word 'pale' from SLS)

Who is Sanusi? What is his drive and direction for the Nigerian economy / State?
Can Sanusi be unmasked?
Is he the best that this nation can have as the CBN governor? Has his result favoured the average Nigerian - where so many have lost jobs in the banking sector and alot of businesses have stiffled for shortage of funds?

See Nigerians, What will you rather have him do? I guess you prefer the false sense of health in the Banks abi until you wake up one day and discover that the banks are no more. I know its not palatable to those that lost there jobs, but as far as I am concerned, its a MUCH BETTER scarifice to make as opposed to waking up one day and millions of Nigerians lose there life saving in those banks. The question you should ask yourself is those bank MDs that were sacked, was any of them innocent of the offense they were charged with?

NSE!! wow a bunch of quoted companies with  cooked figures. Just look at the companies whose share prices were affected. They are largely the banks and insurance companies - those that don't really have tangible products to sell. The likes of Nestle, PZ and co were relatively less affected. Next time when a bank says it makes N500tr profit after tax, you will know better to run away. The fact is they were cooked figures and Nigerians fell for it. Besides Sanusi is not in NSE. So if his policy in the banking industry can bring down the stock prices in virtually all sectors of the exchange, it goes to show how strong the exchange really is.

FUEL subsidy: I strongly oppose the removal of fuel subsidy. But I must confess that you'll find it tough to dispute sanusi's facts. All his arguments were solid. The problem he has is that he is a technocrat and as such he is focused on the numbers. The fact is that the numbers just does not make economic sense. But he forgets to look the social implication of removing the subsidy. I am against the removal of subsidy, even though I agree with his arguments. My stand is let the gov. provide electricity, make refineries work, then come back and ask us to pay more on fuel so they can buld road, hospital etc. To collect the money in advance in anticipation of providing this infrastructure is just plain scam.

These are my opinions, I may be wrong from your paspective, but I am entitled to it.
Re: How Will Posterity Judge Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (sls) by Beaf1: 2:59pm On Jan 31, 2012
SirVee:

FUEL SUBSIDY?

Can Sanusi be unmasked?

^^^
Ranting of a frustrated Nigerian.

The guy above me asked you if the Bank managers he sacked were clean. Answer him  cheesy

Sanusi may have his shortcomings but he is far above so many your likes.
Re: How Will Posterity Judge Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (sls) by SirVee(m): 6:23pm On Jan 31, 2012
Oh Beaf, where have you been?
I think you are more frustrated!. Everyone on NL knows you are the 'Any Government In Power (AGIP) in this forum.

I ask again,
What has oil derivation got to do with the menace of Boko Haram? Is it only in the NE that there is poverty and unemployment?
Why try introduce Islamic banking with the religious tensions and suspicions in our land?

How come many have lost their jobs? When is there light with the policies of SLS?
I am very well to do if you want to know? I just do not yet see progress under SLS period
Re: How Will Posterity Judge Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (sls) by keeeem: 8:22pm On Jan 31, 2012
@Beaf

I laugh when I read comments from some Nigerians. We fail to be objective because I am not concerned. It is very funny the way we think despite all the degrees and certificates we garner. People talk about all the sacked MDs based on what they were fed without digging deep into what transpired.

When Sanusi came, he said one of the bank MDs stole N348b. Today the case is in court and we are talking of N19B. Is that not funny? Sanusi then went on to sell the same bank to a smaller bank that cannot grow a bank they inherited beyond how they met it. What logic is there in it to inject N650B into a bank and sell for N50b when other banks that were nationalised did not take that much to nationalise. Now the gainers of the plot are stripping the bank's assets in order to consolidate their hold. Is it that we have all gone bananas in this country that we cannot think?

What has this taught us? It means that it will be difficult to ask institutions like MTN to deal on the stock exchange of Nigeria because they know their investment is not safe. A man started a biz, built it from the scratch and grew it to that point and today because somebody is a regulator you take the bank from him and sell at zero kobo. God is watching all of us.

SLS since he assumed office, he has been misinforming the public about a whole lot of things. Yet we have a President who does not see anything bad in it. Now he is rail-roading us into cashless brouhaha. We know this is a plot to enrich govt officials. To spend govt money, you need to embark on projects. Let's see how far this will go.

Beaf!!! When a man standing beside get's slapped by a bigger hand, please ask questions in order to fight for the man so that when tomorrow someone does same to you. Please let's always be objective and stand on the path of truth

(1) (Reply)

Bin Laden Was Not Buried At Sea! / South Africa Struggling With Asylum Seekers / Otedola & Farouk Conversation Part Two

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.