Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Judge Withdraws From Ikuforiji’s Trial! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judge Withdraws From Ikuforiji’s Trial! (2727 Views)

Judge Withdraws From Saraki’s Case Over Negative Reports / Alleged N600m Fraud Trial: Lagos Speaker, Ikuforiji, Knows Fate July 11 / Adeyemi Ikuforiji (Lagos Speaker) In EFCC Custody Over 7 Billion Naira Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judge Withdraws From Ikuforiji’s Trial! by BlackPikiN(m): 2:34am On Feb 01, 2012
LAGOS – The arraignment of Speaker of Lagos State House of Assembly, Mr Adeyemi Ikuforiji, and his personal aide, Oyebode Atoyebi, before a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos, yesterday, by Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, was again aborted, following the withdraw of the trial judge, Justice James Tsoho, who gave no reason for withdrawing from the matter.

Vanguard, however, gathered that one of the defence counsel had petitioned the Chief Justice of the Court, Justice Ibrahim Auta, seeking the disqualification of the judge from further handling the matter.

When the matter came up, yesterday, it had to be stood down by the court, after defence counsel told the court that the accused persons where trapped in traffic, but there and then, the judge hinted that he might not continue with the matter.

In the 20-count charge against the accused persons by the EFCC, Adeyemi and Atoyebi were alleged to have conspired to receive and did receive N501million in several tranches between April 2010 and July 2011 from the Lagos State House of Assembly without going through a financial institution.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/judge-withdraws-from-ikuforijis-trial/
Re: Judge Withdraws From Ikuforiji’s Trial! by GoldCircle: 10:16am On Feb 01, 2012
na wa o! which way Nigeria!
Re: Judge Withdraws From Ikuforiji’s Trial! by executinal(m): 11:02am On Feb 01, 2012
GoldCircle:

na wa o! which way Nigeria!
the easy way of course
Re: Judge Withdraws From Ikuforiji’s Trial! by OneNaira6: 11:42am On Feb 01, 2012
The judge might not have been bribed you know. Maybe the judge have an emotional friendship with the accused which will render him favoring a more lighter sentence to the accused. I mean who wants to put their friend in prison right? Some judge do that in an effort to allow the trial go fairly. But I don't know maybe it is bribe, maybe it isn't.
Re: Judge Withdraws From Ikuforiji’s Trial! by kizito96(m): 12:48pm On Feb 01, 2012
He has taken his own share and asked to look the other way
Re: Judge Withdraws From Ikuforiji’s Trial! by shegeBanka: 3:44pm On Feb 01, 2012
what d hell are u  talking about? which friends? when d defence council was d one who sugested d judge be withdrawn? my friend, either d judge was threatened n lackd d balls to go ahead or he was offered some heavy money but changed his mind at  d end
Re: Judge Withdraws From Ikuforiji’s Trial! by 9jvirgin(m): 3:46pm On Feb 01, 2012
Tivnubu the godfather in action. Anything happens here in this part of the world.
Re: Judge Withdraws From Ikuforiji’s Trial! by basadenet: 4:52pm On Feb 01, 2012
Abi judge too dey fear? his days of reckoning is near. i hope is case will not be like that of Al-Mustapha.
Re: Judge Withdraws From Ikuforiji’s Trial! by ifyalways(f): 5:36pm On Feb 01, 2012
According to Channels,he withdrew for "personal reasons"

I guess its bribe or bullet.or both.
Re: Judge Withdraws From Ikuforiji’s Trial! by hustla242: 10:01am On Feb 04, 2012
Bad news, it's more worrying because this man is angling for Alausa and has some powerful backers. I think he'll be a disaster IMO, they better nail him quick!!

(1) (Reply)

Kalabari Chiefs: ”amaechi Lied, We Don’t Support Him Against Jonathan”! / Lesson In ‘african Pride’: Kenya Kicks Out Nigerians And All Hell Breaks Loose / The 1st Security & Social App Need A Serious Partners To Lunch It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.