Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. (11278 Views)

Boko Haram: Police Officer's Son Among 100 Wanted Persons-naij.com / Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) / Customs-men-beat-up-teacher-for-punishing-officers-son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by chinaaman(f): 10:51am On Feb 01, 2012
Four men of the Nigeria Customs Service, Oyo/Osun Command, were on Tuesday summoned by the Oyo State House of Assembly for allegedly beating a teacher, Gbenga Ogunleye.

Ogunleye was said to have been beaten by the Customs men on Friday for punishing a Senior Secondary 3 pupil, Allison Chukwuebuka.

The men reportedly stormed the premises of United Senior Secondary School, Ijokodo, Ibadan and allegedly beat the teacher to a pulp for daring to punish the pupil whose father is a Customs officer.

It was gathered that the men shot sporadically into the air to scare the pupils and teachers who attempted to rescue the teacher.

Chukwuebuka was said to have reported the teacher to his parents after refusing to serve the punishment given to him with other pupils.

The teacher told journalists on Tuesday, that, “Last Friday, some boys who are fond of dressing indecently to school and assembling in an uncompleted building during odd hours were rounded up by the teachers. Their uniforms and slippers were seized.

“We told them to form a queue and jump up and down but Chukwuebuka did not obey. I compelled him but he resisted.

“He called his parents. To my surprise, when they arrived, his father asked him to identify me and instructed him to beat me in his presence.

“The boy reached for a wheel spanner and aimed at my head but I used my hand to protect my head. The father then called some uniformed men who drove into the premises with high speed. They dragged me on the ground, beat me to a pulp and tore my shirt. When the teachers and pupils wanted to rescue me, the Customs men fired some shots into the air.

“I was taken to Jericho Hospital for treatment.

Nigeria  will hail thee ?

Source :punchng
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by kefidoh(m): 5:02pm On Feb 01, 2012
Sad,
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by victorazy(m): 5:06pm On Feb 01, 2012
Why should he dare Igbo boy at the firstr place forgetting that them they vex.
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by executinal(m): 5:07pm On Feb 01, 2012
Such act is still in existence after military regime shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by musawisdom(m): 5:08pm On Feb 01, 2012
All force b naija prob.
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by freecocoa(f): 5:13pm On Feb 01, 2012
Make the boy papa just relax,small time the boy go start to beat am.

I wonder why some parents like using their hands to dig their own graves,tomorrow when that boy turns a menace to them and the society like he is about to be (if already not)they'd say"na devil work" or "he wasn't like this before o,na person dey use juju for him head" smh.
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by babaowo: 5:15pm On Feb 01, 2012
he should sue them to court,
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by Kolababa: 5:19pm On Feb 01, 2012
The Oyo State House of Assembly has forwarded the case to the Comproller General of Customs for action. The man will be dismissed for misconsuct and breach of public peace.
From a reliable source.
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by ifyalways(f): 5:22pm On Feb 01, 2012
What the heck?In 2012?

omg,this is so fvcking unbelivable but trust Naija where pigs fly and birds crawl.

The man should sue them,get compensated and heavy punishment preferably huge fine and jail term given to father and his boys.

Where is NUJ and NUT ?
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by velo10: 5:24pm On Feb 01, 2012
If the custom's officer and his cohorts don't get fired and made to pay for the damage they caused to this teacher, then the Oyo State House of Assembly is a joke.
The so-called spoilt custom officer's son should be expelled with immediate effect.
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by ab1x: 5:26pm On Feb 01, 2012
stupid father.
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by Obiagu1(m): 5:27pm On Feb 01, 2012
What a dad! sad
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by Toktee(m): 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2012
Now you all see why i used to said on this forum that boko hallam should punish them all,bicos na teacher them go show say them get power,make them go face boko hallam that thire duty.,the bastard think he have a god at home lets waite and see weather he go continue 4 dat school,the fool of the father has money and power make he carry the bastard go togo or sao tume or still benin republic even niger republic,we no need such student
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by ccollins(m): 5:32pm On Feb 01, 2012
I am very annoyed.who knows the case of mogaji v. Board of custom excercise, wher market women were beaten and molested for and goods seized without warrant.this was a breach to thier human dignity under section 34 of the constitution as amended.the father shuld be arrested and jailed.
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by BetaThings: 5:32pm On Feb 01, 2012
chinaaman:

Four men of the Nigeria Customs Service, Oyo/Osun Command, were on Tuesday summoned by the Oyo State House of Assembly for allegedly beating a teacher, Gbenga Ogunleye.

Ogunleye was said to have been beaten by the Customs men on Friday for punishing a Senior Secondary 3 pupil, Allison Chukwuebuka.

The men reportedly stormed the premises of United Senior Secondary School, Ijokodo, Ibadan and allegedly beat the teacher to a pulp for daring to punish the pupil whose father is a Customs officer.

It was gathered that the men shot sporadically into the air to scare the pupils and teachers who attempted to rescue the teacher.

Chukwuebuka was said to have reported the teacher to his parents after refusing to serve the punishment given to him with other pupils.

The teacher told journalists on Tuesday, that, “Last Friday, some boys who are fond of dressing indecently to school and assembling in an uncompleted building during odd hours were rounded up by the teachers. Their uniforms and slippers were seized.

“We told them to form a queue and jump up and down but Chukwuebuka did not obey. I compelled him but he resisted.

He called his parents. To my surprise, when they arrived, his father asked him to identify me and instructed him to beat me in his presence.

The boy reached for a wheel spanner and aimed at my head but I used my hand to protect my head. The father then called some uniformed men who drove into the premises with high speed. They dragged me on the ground, beat me to a pulp and tore my shirt. When the teachers and pupils wanted to rescue me, the Customs men fired some shots into the air.

Nigeria  will hail thee ?

Looks like the boy has graduated! He has finished school really
And the father came to school with his armed minions because smugglers were harrassing his boy in school?
So the boy wanted to kill in his father's presence. Must have been practising
Those guys must account for the bullets they used
I believe that the boy has even been inducted into a cult. He is waiting to become capo
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by manmustwac(m): 5:33pm On Feb 01, 2012
I can't believe what I just read  shocked. So instead of parents to Correct thier child when he's wrong they just encourage him with their own behaviour. When this grows up he'll most likely end up in a school cult and end up killing someone. His parents are the ones who should be beaten.
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by sylve11: 5:36pm On Feb 01, 2012
chinaaman:

“He called his parents. To my surprise, when they arrived, his father asked him to identify me and instructed him to beat me in his presence.

“The boy reached for a wheel spanner and aimed at my head but I used my hand to protect my head.

sad when i read the story but i almost fainted with laughter with the above quotes sad sad grin grin grin cool
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2012
chinaaman:

“The boy reached for a wheel spanner and aimed at my head but I used my hand to protect my head.
The father then called some uniformed men who drove into the premises with high speed. They dragged me on the ground, beat me to a pulp and tore my shirt. When the teachers and pupils wanted to rescue me, the Customs men fired some shots into the air.

Nigeria  will hail thee ?

Can't help but chuckle @ the bolded. Can you imagine that? But seriously, this is the height of bad parenting. Such an over-indulged child can only end up bringing disgrace and sorrow to his parents. Too bad. All these mini big men with over-bloated sense of importance and delusion of grandeur are just too many in Nigeria.
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by chines4(m): 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2012
The making of a useless son part 1
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by slimyem: 5:41pm On Feb 01, 2012
yeah.
Saw this on the news last night.
Makes you wonder the extent of power play and priorities of government workers.
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by TexasR: 5:43pm On Feb 01, 2012
freecocoa:

I wonder why some parents like using their hands to dig their own graves,tomorrow when that boy turns a menace to them and the society like he is about to be (if already not)they'd say"na devil work" or "he wasn't like this before o,na person dey use juju for him head" smh.

Exactly

Will they ever learn
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by sheyguy: 5:45pm On Feb 01, 2012
victorazy:

Why should he dare Igbo boy at the firstr place forgetting that them they vex.
the same attitude that got their arse kicked in '66. If he is truely a man why did he need the help of those remaining foolz who held the teacher down.
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by sylve11: 5:53pm On Feb 01, 2012
freecocoa:

exactly. angry cool
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by aljharem(m): 5:55pm On Feb 01, 2012
sheyguy:

the same attitude that got their arse kicked in '66. If he is truely a man why did he need the help of those remaining foolz who held the teacher down.

I don't know why you have to reply the clearly disturbed arrogant ideeiot

I told you that tribalism is killing this country. there is an example for you
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by jimctu: 5:58pm On Feb 01, 2012
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by lovejo(m): 5:58pm On Feb 01, 2012
This is not the first time it has been happening since around 1985 till present, my pry school was very close to their barrack when I was in pry school and I can remember how arrogants were the kids coming from the barrack to school back in the days, student came to school with his brother with full loaded barrel to threaten teacher in Poly High School around 2001/2002 , but it is good it got to the media this time.

I'm sure nothing can be done to him cos it is federal case and not state.
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by Sherville(m): 6:02pm On Feb 01, 2012
its sad if such thing actually happend then i tell u all that verysoon dat boy will soon flog his dad nd mum to bulp cos yoruba says omo ti a ko ko lo ma ngbe ile ta,at victorazy u re jst been foolish for saying y shld the teacher touch an ibo boy cos it is writting 'spear not the rod' definately am sure d father was a retard during his military days d@s y he is taking it out on the poor teacher forgeting it was these teachers d@ tougth him what he knows today even when he jst pass thru skull nd skull didnt pass thru him
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by Toktee(m): 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2012
The man was a cult back in those days that why the son has to take after his father,well every disadvantage is blessing,atleast five vacancies are created here already in customs.
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by ekwynwa: 6:27pm On Feb 01, 2012
this is height of irresponsibility, total abuse of office that man should be sent packing from custom aspa.
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by gendebs(m): 6:28pm On Feb 01, 2012
This is how Oluomo, Tokyo and Olorunwa started
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by andyanders: 6:29pm On Feb 01, 2012
The custom officer should be dismissed from service and also his son also be expelled from the school. The boy's information should be sent to all private and public schools not to have him admitted to any school in Oyo State
Re: Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. by ekwynwa: 6:33pm On Feb 01, 2012
alj harem:

I don't know why you have to reply the clearly disturbed arrogant ideeiot

I told you that tribalism is killing this country. there is an example for you

u always look out  for tribal post to respond to, the thread is about a customer officer's abuse of office,
STOP PLAYING THE INNOCENT SPOILER NLers HAVE DECODED U.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SSS Probes EFCC Chairman, Lamorde, Over N80m Bribe Collected From Ibori Loot!!! / I Am Hale & Hearty, Chief Tony Anenih Says / The Bad State Of Ikorodu Vocational Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.