Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? (22952 Views)

Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? / Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by knowledge4(m): 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2012
I have been married for 14 years.
The average is once in a forthnight,sometimes thrice monthly, for the past 14 years.
Reason: Wife has a much lower sex drive,unlike mine which is higher.I prefer twice a week intimacy,but i dont get it.
Before the wedding,there was no sampling(premarital sex) purely on religious grounds.
Having intimacy twice in 30 days in a marriage may be abnormal but what can one do in my situation?
Adultery is out of it on Christian grounds.I am not a saint.I'm a sinner like everyone else.
The early years of the marriage were turbulent but i learned to overgrow the initial hostilities and adjust.
Its a heavy cross but by God's grace,i'm carrying it.Its not easy though!
I had to condition myself to this pattern in the interest of marital peace.
However, i believe that in normal circumstances,intimacy should be based on mutual feelings and not as a duty or routine or be regulated on a time table basis.Once to twice a week is ideal in normal situations especially for a working class couple.
Someone above suggested once a day.I disagree.
Once a day is sexual abuse of the woman and danger to the health of both in the long run.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by neyostica: 6:29pm On Apr 10, 2012
We wey no like sex nko
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by knowledge4(m): 7:38pm On Apr 10, 2012
If you dont like sex and you happen to be wedded to a woman who has a high sex drive,na wahala be dat oh!
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by neyostica: 8:24pm On Apr 10, 2012
knowledge4: If you dont like sex and you happen to be wedded to a woman who has a high sex drive,na wahala be dat oh!
i actually do, and shes giving me headache, abeg is once a week not enough, abi sex na food
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by EfemenaXY: 7:34am On Apr 11, 2012
knowledge4: I have been married for 14 years.
The average is once in a forthnight,sometimes thrice monthly, for the past 14 years.
Reason: Wife has a much lower sex drive,unlike mine which is higher.I prefer twice a week intimacy,but i dont get it.
Before the wedding,there was no sampling(premarital sex) purely on religious grounds.
Having intimacy twice in 30 days in a marriage may be abnormal but what can one do in my situation?
Adultery is out of it on Christian grounds.I am not a saint.I'm a sinner like everyone else.
The early years of the marriage were turbulent but i learned to overgrow the initial hostilities and adjust.
Its a heavy cross but by God's grace,i'm carrying it.Its not easy though!
I had to condition myself to this pattern in the interest of marital peace.
However, i believe that in normal circumstances,intimacy should be based on mutual feelings and not as a duty or routine or be regulated on a time table basis.Once to twice a week is ideal in normal situations especially for a working class couple.
Someone above suggested once a day.I disagree.
Once a day is sexual abuse of the woman and danger to the health of both in the long run.

@ the bolded, that to me is abnormally low!

Like you, I've been married 14 years and although I don't believe in having a rota / routine, we manage to fit it in around the kids

3 or 4 times a week on average is normal for us.

I find that when ovulating, my sex drive is really quite high and I pity my husband grin grin grin 'cos then it could be as much as twice a day everyday for the next 2 or 3 days!

neyostica:
i actually do, and shes giving me headache, abeg is once a week not enough, abi sex na food

Yep, more like a delicacy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by knowledge4(m): 4:07pm On Apr 11, 2012
@neyostica
Agree with efemena X that s3x is a delicacy.it is an important issue in marriage. For many couples,it is like a glue.The right use of it can actually promote marital harmony while the misuse can mar the marriage.It is described as the tonic of marriage.It revamps the stamina of men and gladdens their hearts too.It plays vital roles in marriage for eg it enhances good communication between husband and wife. S3x is also a destroyer,where misused,abused and mismanaged.
There are 4 types of wives as far as this issue of s3x is concerned in marriage
1) The wife who is sexy and who wants it at least twice weekly.
2)The wife who decides when and when not to have s3x with her husband.She is the wife who prepares a time table or roaster for her husband.Many of them abound in marriages.
3)The wife who is reserved,who believes that sex is evil.She belongs to the 18th century and believes old womens' fables about s3x.
4)The wife who believes that s3x is for reproduction and not for pleasure.
If your stamina or desire cant go beyond once weekly,discuss it with your wife and agree on how to accomodate each other without injuring the marriage.
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by neyostica: 4:54pm On Apr 11, 2012
^^^^Well she will have to put up with it or leave cos i probably av a record low libido
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by calaben: 5:49pm On Apr 11, 2012
As often as they please as long as it is by mutual consent smiley
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by knowledge4(m): 7:44pm On Apr 11, 2012
@neyostica
Do not threaten that she has to leave if she cannot put up with it.
That's not right.How can a marriage go under on account of low libido?
You have a marital duty to give your wife sexual satisfaction,low libido or not.
The Bible instructions on marital duty in 1 Corinthians 7:1-6 allows no excuses for low libido in either husband or wife.
God expects you to sacrificially perform your marital duties to your spouse.
If she insists that she is not satisfied with once a week intimacy,there is always a solution.
If once weekly is your take,for her sake,you can increase it to twice weekly.It wont do you any harm.
If a woman is sex-starved,its dangerous because she'll easily be exploited by men and will fall easily to their advances.
Actually,its women who complain of too much s3x about their husbands.Rarely does a man complain of too much s3x.
Discuss it with her,agree mutually on what is workable for both that will still keep the marriage intact.

1 Like

Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by EfemenaXY: 7:51pm On Apr 11, 2012
knowledge4: @neyostica
Do not threaten that she has to leave if she cannot put up with it.
That's not right.
You have a marital duty to give your wife sexual satisfaction,low libido or not.
The Bible instructions on marital duty in 1 Corinthians 7:1-6 allows no excuses for low libido in either husband or wife.
If once weekly is your take,for her sake,you can increase it to twice weekly.It wont do you any harm.
If a woman is sex-starved,its dangerous because she'll easily be exploited by men and will fall easily to their advances.
Actually,its women who complain of too much s3x about their husbands.Rarely does a man complain of too much s3x.
Discuss it with her,agree mutually on what is workable for both that will still keep the marriage intact.

I agree with all you've written except the bolded bit.

Most women tend to get er...now what's the word? Friskier as they get older. Meaning their s3x drive increases with age, moreso when they hit their 40's - whilst it's the other way round for the guys I think.

Guys on the other hand peak at their late teens and early 20's then slowly burn out after that cool cool cool cool
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by saliubello(m): 5:38pm On Apr 20, 2012
Hello Parents, if you are thinking of buying land or a house at affordable price without running into 'omo onile' problems. Most especially in and around Lagos or Mowe/Ofada for future development/investment, send me an email, saliubello2003@yahoo.com, let me know your budget and interest. Our Company has a complete package that carters for you, with flexible payment plan. 08020313251 Bello
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by saliubello(m): 5:52pm On Apr 20, 2012
Hello Parents, if you are thinking of buying land to build or a house at affordable price without running into 'omo onile' problems. Most especially Lagos Mainland(Magodo/Isheri Axis) or Mowe/Ofada for future development/investment, send me an email, saliubello2003@yahoo.com, let me know your budget and interest. Our Company has a complete package that carters for you, with flexible payment plan. 08020313251 Bello

Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 21, 2012
Each couple shoUld decide what works for them. I am in long distance relationship,infact we just got married. The weeks or month we spent together is usually so hot. Infact we use to go up to 4 times a day consecutively for a month.I don't expect it to continue like that sha, at least we can manager 3rice a week we live permanently together
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by Jellitah: 6:47pm On Feb 07, 2013
Once a month with the HUSBAND. . .THEN ONCE IN TWO MONTHS WITH THE BOYFRIEND. . . I PREFER 'MAS-TUR-BATION'! cool
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by garnetty(m): 1:21pm On Feb 13, 2013
Jellitah: Once a month with the HUSBAND. . .THEN ONCE IN TWO MONTHS WITH THE BOYFRIEND. . . I PREFER 'MAS-TUR-BATION'! cool
My brother Masturbation is dangerous to your sex life and it's satanic.
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by awuf2008: 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
Outstrip:

Maybe in my 60's or right after a new baby but other than that why would anybody say that you should not have frequent sex. The question should be if he can handle it. If I am not having sex at home where in the world should I get it from. Also it is not just the act of having sex. It is everything else that comes with it. It is hard to stay mad at someone you are making love to. Even if it is angry sex when you are done you relieve some tension and unless you are mentally unstable you will not be as mad as you were before the act. It reminds you that this person is the only other person in the world that is worthy to have that time with you and vice versa. What should you do in the weeks when you don't have it. Pray? Anyway just make a time table and be done with it then
A timetable would not work, because if one is promiscous den wil find a way of doin it elsewhere at a free time.
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by yummyMummy(f): 11:56am On Nov 22, 2013
quote author=garnetty]@ Fhemmmy, NO, it is not all about inventing ways to add flavour to the act but the question of 'Should it be a routine thing?'. Also, even if the marriage is still fresh as originally put by me, 'Is getting intimate on a daily basis the best?' And is the feeling always right to get intimate on a daily basis?'.

@ Outstrip, my point is not about starving the other partner of sex or marrying someone who shares the same ideology about sex. Taken, sex is one of the primary purposes of marriage aside from companionship but if we must agree that it should be done frequently, then at what rate?. Should it be a routine thing based on the mutual feelings of the couple? Then for you (am not sure you are married yet), if your man has got the strength to do it on a daily basis, shortly after wedding, then what becomes of the feelings 2,3,4 months down the line? Even certain kind of food which one likes to be eaten at any point in time or frequently becomes 'unattractive' when it is monotonous. Food for thought.

@ ronkebp, YES, the couple may not have any other thing to engage themselves on other than sex in the early days of their marriage (shortly after wedding) but what if they had had it countless times before they officially agreed to tie the knots? Would n't it be less attractive or would it still be a routine thing for them, when they have seen it all?. This, in my opinion, ultimately affects the issue of frequency. Food for thought.

@ blank, if i understand your conclusion, your position is that the need to get intimate should only be driven by the mutual feelings of then couple at any point in time and should n't be a routine thing. And if i may ask, how old is your marriage now and how frequent do you still have it? Am sure you only get intimate when the feeling is right and mutual.

@ sweetwendy, YES, it should be done as many times as possible. But is the feeling always right for it especially when it now seen as a routine thing?. Getting intimate could be at any stage of the union even during childbearing but at what frequency? Again, the feeling, i suppose, is the keyword.

More contributions are welcome especially from those who have been married for one or two years. [/quote]

Well, I used to think that am thw only one wondering about this topic untill decided to check it out this forum. Sex in my marriage is quiet different from sex before or while dating.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, when I was courting my fiance, we almost grab every littl opportunity we have staying 2geda 2 utilise it in codling, petting, romancing and @ least once a day sweet "luv making" we later got married, it reduced not cus we nolonger feel love for eachother, but because, we have so many things to engage our, body, mind, soul and mindset on inorder to build a strong happy home other than just investigating the whole energy 24/7 on sex. Then, here comes pregnancy, when a woman will be feeling so tired and less beautiful for attraction. Thou, mine is personal can't genarralise it but, am sure alowent thru same odeal, @ times, u have sex out of desire but in pretends to satisfy ur sweet hubby. As if that isn't enough to slow down d sex drive to 3 to 5 times daily, here comes an adorable baby who needs total commitment and care. Now be sincere, how often do u tink d urge to "do" shud be? Well,
Mine is a practical example, 2 to 3 times of a body, soul and mind blowing SEX a week. Thanks. And is perfect timing for both of us, if one person is switched off, anoda will authomatically ignite d fire. And d benefits re much but d most siginificant among them is that[, IT MAKES OUR SEX LIFE, UNIQUE and NEW EVERYTIME, above all, both partners re fully SATISFIED! D flame is much dat we both MUST REALISE On every adventure. Isn't dat beautiful than to keep hammering and will be frustrated of been unsatisfied,unneccessary and anoying OVERSTAY. Thou, some partners conceal dat feeling but is true.

1 Like

Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by toygod2: 2:59am On Dec 14, 2013
nawa o
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by garnetty(m): 11:00am On Dec 16, 2013
Jellitah: Once a month with the HUSBAND. . .THEN ONCE IN TWO MONTHS WITH THE BOYFRIEND. . . I PREFER 'MAS-TUR-BATION'! cool

Lol.....smh
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 17, 2014
neyostica:
We wey no like sex nko

That is why 99.9% of the people you are following on Nairaland are ladies. undecided
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by cisse7575(m): 10:05am On Sep 17, 2014
m a nigerian spiritual Healer
that Provide Services For Spiritual Healing,
Herbal Healing,
Native Healing,
Spell Casting Services
And solves most problems with sicknesses failed
by other doctors and healers by using the power
of the Holy Quran. i'm an experience in treating
and solving most problems
and complications affecting the majority of people
among the populations in Nigeria . If you have
been suffering with a lot of difficulties and blinded
by not knowing what to do about it ,It is time to
give your self a question that why others are
happy and successful all the time in their lives
while you are not? No matter whatever cultural
background or religious believer you are, but as
long as you’re
a human being this can be the solution of your
problem. BELOW ARE our SERVICES
Prayer from the holy Quran to take away bad luck
& give good luck in life
Fix broken relationships, marriages
Treat pregnancy problems
Fight evil , witchcraft , ghost, bad spell, Curses,
Nightmares & cleans homes.
Bring back lost lover, families, Friends, wealth
& properties
Makes court cases ,divorces , bad debts to
disappear.
Herbs for losing weight
Solve financial and domestic difficulties
Payer to bring back stolen goods.
Sale quick potions to boost
customers in business.
Gain promotions at work place.
Make your admired partner to be yours.
Prayer that can make you have a good
job.
Stop someone to interfere in your love
relationship & family.
Mixtures of herbs for intimate weakness.
Herbs to enlarge your intimate system to
satisfy your partner.
Cure long illnesses.
Treat intimate transmitted infections quickly.
Lucky prayer to increase your wealthy.
Powerful herbs for curing early expulsion.
Work to protect away from car
robbers,hijacker , properties attacks Etc….
Is your husband having an affairs and you
suspect him to cheat on you or a wife?
Is he or she weak in bed or stingy with money?
doesn’t he or she want to give you what you ask
for?
Is there some body jealous with your relationship
and try to separate you? especially relatives?
Is your partner delaying your marriage or don’t
want to give you a child.
I also have the mixed remedies to cure defiant
diseases like:- Asthma, Diabetes, Blood pressure,
long
illnesses, Cancer, lung infection, and many more.
Re: How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? by Jasperwhizz(m): 2:39pm On Jan 02, 2015
the only time i dont have s3x is when my boo not around, other days na fire dey go, eh! if DAT side tire, mouth dey, and hand also dey!

MouthAction is not Biblical.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Barren Woman Gives Birth To 17 Babies In 29 Hours(photos).. / My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. / 'Vampire' Mum Who Drinks People's Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.