Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau (5016 Views)

"I Was Never Arrested By EFCC"- Akpabio / 'Tinubu Was Never Arrested Nor Convicted Of Any Crime In Usa' / Breaking News Ibrahim Shekarau Arrested By Sss Over Sponsorship Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau by mukina2: 2:16pm On Feb 01, 2012
Former governor of Kano state, Malam Ibrahim Shekarau this morning at his Bompai residence, Kano, northwest Nigeria told reporters that he was never arrested by the State Security Services, SSS, insisting that his eight-year administration did not pay a dime to sponsor the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram.

Ibrahim Shekarau, Kano State governor.

Shekarau who said he was embarrassed at reports over his arrest by the SSS, however, admitted that he made, “an informal visit” to the SSS headquarters, “to share information.”

According to him, his trip to Abuja last Monday was on a personal schedule to attend a meeting that lasted till 2 a.m. Tuesday.

The former governor who was also the presidential candidate of the All Nigerian Peoples Party, ANPP, said ordinarily, he would not have bordered to comment on any issue at a time when Kano is in a mourning mood.

Before his speech, he prayed for the repose of the souls of those who were killed during the Boko Haram offensive on Kano and urged God to give their relations the fortitude to bear the loss.

Shekarau refuted the allegation that his government was paying monthly allowances of N10 million to the Boko Haram sect via the Hisbah Board, describing the report as baseless and unfounded.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/02/01/boko-haram-i-was-never-arrested-says-shekarau/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29
Re: I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau by zilon12(m): 2:28pm On Feb 01, 2012
contradiction is inbuilt in human nature
Re: I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau by lifestyle1(m): 2:31pm On Feb 01, 2012
OK. undecided
Re: I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau by agog: 2:32pm On Feb 01, 2012
what do u expect?
u wan make him admit sponsuring the boko guys during his tenure?

i still dey laugh oo grin grin grin
Re: I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau by ASOROCKb(m): 2:35pm On Feb 01, 2012
life_style:

OK. undecided
What next?
Re: I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau by Marlboro1: 2:41pm On Feb 01, 2012
Everfrank

Re: Breaking News Ibrahim Shekarau Arrested By Sss Over Sponsorship Of Boko Haram
« #61 on: Yesterday at 08:29:39 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BREAKING NEWS! Malllam Shekarau hasn't been arrested by anybody. He just appeared on TV in Kano where refuted the story. He said traveled to Abuja for a chieftaincy  engagement and that's all. He attributed the rumor as the handiwork of enemies.  Sheath your swords.

YESTERDAY, HE SAID ON TV HE WAS NEVER AT SSS - ONLY IN ABUJA ATTENDING A CHIEFTAINCY ENGAGEMENT. AND TODAY HE SAID HE WAS THERE BRIEFLY ON HIS OWN FOR A CHAT. DOES ANYONE NEED FURTHER CONVINCING THIS LYING MOTHER-FU@%*R IS A BOKO HARAM KINGPIN RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE BLOODSHED ?
Re: I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau by executinal(m): 2:51pm On Feb 01, 2012
Whom should we believe??
Re: I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau by ffo(m): 3:05pm On Feb 01, 2012
Who is this guy deceiving? himself
Re: I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau by Okijajuju1(m): 3:11pm On Feb 01, 2012
Why is Jonathan and his Media/propaganda people playing with the emotions of Nigerians?! angry
Re: I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau by kholis(m): 3:18pm On Feb 01, 2012
This man is being economic with the truth. He was actually arrested but he has to save his Boko Face face with this calculated lie. Nonsense!
Re: I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau by strangest(m): 4:10pm On Feb 01, 2012
There is a difference between arrest and an invitation, Sahara reporters, please take note. Its not a must that you have to beat CNN to any news, rather get your facts right first
Re: I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau by success4(m): 4:35pm On Feb 01, 2012
Do u expect a modified Almajaris to agree that he is sponsoring his disciplers? grin grin grin
Re: I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau by 1025: 4:45pm On Feb 01, 2012
i believe this man pass the other stories. if he was actually arrested for sponsoring boko haram, why will they release him in such a haste?
Re: I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau by hakanai(m): 4:56pm On Feb 01, 2012
Home | News Update | Shekarau debunks reports of arrest by SSS
Shekarau debunks reports of arrest by SSS
By Kolade Adeyemi 2 hours ago
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
Shekarau Shekarau

Former governor of Kano State, Malam Ibrahim Shekarau on Wednesday debunked reports that he was arrested by the State Security Services (SSS), saying that he never paid a kobo to sponsor the Boko Haram sect throughout his eight-year tenure.
Shekarau, who spoke to reporters in his residence, admitted that he made an informal visit to the SSS headquarters in Abuja ostensibly to share information.
Shekarau said his trip to Abuja last Monday was a personal one, adding that he attended a meeting that lasted until 2 a.m. Tuesday morning.
He described the report of his arrest by the SSS as embarrassing.
“Two days ago, precisely on Monday, I departed Kano in the afternoon for Abuja to attend a meeting in the evening which lasted until 2 a.m on Tuesday. My schedule the following morning (Tuesday) was to pay a condolence visit to the acting Inspector -General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar.
“An officer met me and said they have seen the advertorial that put the record straight over the allegation that I was paying allowances to Boko Haram during my administration as governor of Kano State.
“Like I always do, I visited security agencies like the Police and SSS to share information. Immediately I finished my condolence visit to the IGP, I drove straight to the SSS office to honour an informal invitation by an officer who ran into me in Abuja.
“I even called and asked them to ease the road blocks so that I can finish the discussions on time and catch an IRS flight made to take off by 4 p.m.
“I joined the officer and we had a very friendly discussion. He saw me off and I drove straight to the airport. I was at the presidential lodge at about 3 p.m enjoying my small cup of tea when my aide called and said he read on AIT footnote that I have been arrested.
I was seriously embarrassed. Immediately, I called the SSS officer and asked if there was a game. How can a friendly visit based on mutual understanding suddenly turned into international news?”
Re: I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau by ochukoccna: 6:42pm On Feb 01, 2012
Here we go again
same ol bullsh*t on a different day
Re: I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau by stepo707: 6:56pm On Feb 01, 2012
Let him keep deceiving himself.
Re: I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau by tlops(m): 7:28pm On Feb 01, 2012
stepo707:

Let him keep deceiving himself.
Re: I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau by kilandcure: 10:42pm On Feb 01, 2012
THIS UNA FORUM NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN FOR FALSE PUBLISHING. YOU SHOULD THANK GOD THAT IDIAGBON IS NO MORE IF NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO TRUE NEWS HAS EVER BEEEN REPORTED HERE EVEN FOR ONCE. I HAVE SEIZED TO READ IT FROM THIS MOMENT.
BYE
Re: I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau by consultans: 5:28am On Feb 02, 2012
DO YOU WISH TO WORK IN QUATAR HERE IS YOUR CHANCE.THE QUATAR CONSTRUCTION COMPANY ARE HERE IN NIGERIA IN STARCH OF MANPOWER TO WORK IN THEIR FIRM IN QUATAR WITH HIGH PAY ATRACTIVE SALARY. CALL US ON +2348165027376 PRINCIPAL
CONSTRUCTION
ACTIVITIES »
Qatar Building Company
offers expertise and
, market know-how not
only in pure construction
work, but also in
construction techniques.
Its record in
construction includes:
Road & Airfield Paving
Pipeline
Buildings
Sewage treatment plants
Pumping stations
Cable Laying call us on +2348165027376
Re: I Was Never Arrested By Sss - Shekarau by tlops(m): 7:27pm On Feb 02, 2012
He was however invited for interrogation, abi? arrest and Invite na same.

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Biafran Protest In Onitsha Today (one Dead). / Why The Politics Of State Creation In Nigeria? / Don't Ever Compare Rwanda With Nigeria Again..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.