Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,378 members, 7,800,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

High Heels Can Cause Physical Damage - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / High Heels Can Cause Physical Damage (4319 Views)

Small Animals And Insects That Cause Big And Deadly Diseases / Exercise: 7 Benefits Of Regular Physical Activity / 10 Common Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Failure/damage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Heels Can Cause Physical Damage by supereagle(m): 9:18pm On Feb 01, 2012
Women who wear high heels harm their knees, legs and feet Researchers at the Musculoskeletal Research Program, Griffith University in Queensland, Australia reveals that women who wear high heels on a regular basis could be causing irreparable damage to their knees, feet and leg muscles.

The new study showed that women who have been wearing high-heeled shoes on a long-term basis have forced themselves into an unnatural posture, which can often lead to physical damage.

The scientists studied 9 women, who had been wearing high heels 40 hours a week for at least two years, and then compared them to a group of women who rarely or never wore heels.

The results showed that the women who wore high-heels took much shorter and forceful steps than non-wearers and this behaviour remained even after they took off the high heels.

They also developed shorter fibres in their calf muscles, which puts greater strain on the muscle and can lead to discomfort, and muscle fatigue.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/high-heels-can-cause-physical-damage
Re: High Heels Can Cause Physical Damage by Dyt(f): 8:59am On Feb 02, 2012
calls on BABE
ROKIATU
HOTIE n co
Re: High Heels Can Cause Physical Damage by Zi: 9:48am On Feb 02, 2012
Ok oo.
Re: High Heels Can Cause Physical Damage by atasteve: 9:55am On Feb 02, 2012
Does it also cause backache
Re: High Heels Can Cause Physical Damage by sweettweet: 10:17am On Feb 02, 2012
olowo fi owo ra iku , rubbish
Re: High Heels Can Cause Physical Damage by supereagle(m): 10:29am On Feb 02, 2012
atasteve:

Does it also cause backache
Yes , it alters your normal anatomy of backbone there by causing backpain.
Re: High Heels Can Cause Physical Damage by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 02, 2012
I've always warned my gal against high heels but she wont listen, she keeps multiplying her shoe rack with the latest heels i tink she needs to see this.
Re: High Heels Can Cause Physical Damage by freecocoa(f): 11:04am On Feb 02, 2012
No be today me know say heels dey give person yam for leg. undecided
Re: High Heels Can Cause Physical Damage by pendo89(f): 11:41am On Feb 02, 2012
well I have always known that those with pointed heels are the worst.
I am not soo sure about the high heels with thick heavy sole, cz they offer good support and balance unlike the pointed ones.
Re: High Heels Can Cause Physical Damage by eghost247(m): 11:47am On Feb 02, 2012
una dey hear
Re: High Heels Can Cause Physical Damage by maran1983(f): 12:10pm On Feb 02, 2012
Na lie jor! grin
Re: High Heels Can Cause Physical Damage by chinedumo(m): 1:18pm On Feb 02, 2012
This si the kind of stuff that should make front page on daily basis

it means that women in order to be sex destroy their legs permanently
Re: High Heels Can Cause Physical Damage by thorpido(m): 3:03pm On Feb 02, 2012
I have actually had a patient who fractured a bone in the foot when she suddenly twisted the ankle while wearing high heels.

I know no matter what u say,it won't stop the ladies from wearing the shoes.Fashion doesn't have to make sense with women.
Re: High Heels Can Cause Physical Damage by Theblessed(f): 11:52pm On Feb 02, 2012
[size=16pt]Don't women know this? Or, does any one of us, need to be told 

Or, is that how nature intended our feet to hang - up there?? undecided undecided  And, you thought that's natural, eh??

Common sense they say, is not really common in most people.

Even babies could see it's not normal, and can make mummy's feet very sore - and not do the school run for weeks because of damage, it can cause.  Get it, sometimes, fashion can kill!!!
[/size]
Re: High Heels Can Cause Physical Damage by amor4ce(m): 1:21am On Feb 03, 2012
Re: High Heels Can Cause Physical Damage by Theodora(f): 3:33pm On Feb 03, 2012
Tell the ogas in the Organisations who reprimand females for not wearing heels
Re: High Heels Can Cause Physical Damage by chinedumo(m): 5:13pm On Feb 03, 2012
Theodora:

Tell the ogas in the Organisations who reprimand females for not wearing heels

are there such people?

will u allow them to lead u to ur death|?

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of A 15year Old Boy Who Impregnated 16 Girls At A Time / Neolife Supplements For Low Libido & Prostate / Shaun_ts Insanity Workout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.