Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,787 members, 7,806,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match (4888 Views)

Dead Referee 'Appointed' To Officiate Nigerian League Match / Nigeria Vs France: Olympics Basketball (73 - 79) On 6th August 2012 / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by SuyaEater(m): 9:26pm On Feb 01, 2012
At least 73 people have been killed in fan clashes following a football match in the Egyptian city of Port Said, state television reports.

The deaths occurred after supporters invaded the pitch following a match between top-tier clubs Masry and al-Ahly on Wednesday.

It is feared the death toll could rise as scores have been injured.

It is the biggest disaster in the country's football history, said the Egyptian deputy health minister.

Some of the dead were security officers, the Associated Press quoted a morgue official as saying.

The BBC's Jon Leyne in Cairo says it appears fans had taken knives into the stadium.

Our correspondent says the lack of the usual level of security in the stadium might have contributed to the clashes.

Police in Egypt have been keeping a much lower profile since last year's popular protests that ousted President Hosni Mubarak from power.
Bitter rivalry

Television pictures have shown images of crowds descending into the stadium, chasing rival fans and players.

Some were cornered in the stadium, parts of which were set on fire.

Egyptian fans are notoriously violent, says our correspondent, particularly supporters of al-Ahly known as the Ultras.

They have been heavily implicated in the political confrontations recently, our correspondent adds.

Wednesday's violence broke out at the end of the match, which, unusually, the Port Said side Masry won 3-1.

As match ended, their fans flooded onto the pitch attacking Ahly players and fans.

All premier league matches have been can
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16845700

shocked
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by Atigba: 8:32am On Feb 02, 2012
God has left Africa?
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by purefella(m): 8:38am On Feb 02, 2012
That's revolution for you turning Africans back to apes
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by oluagness(m): 8:41am On Feb 02, 2012
Too bad, heard about it this morning
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by freecocoa(f): 8:41am On Feb 02, 2012
This is serious.
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by chuks49(m): 8:49am On Feb 02, 2012
Arabians re blood tasty.
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by FEMARY1: 8:53am On Feb 02, 2012
Over 70 dead because of football nawa oo.

Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by slyopez(m): 8:56am On Feb 02, 2012
I saw it on BBC and AlJazeera last nite, its an effect of Arab revolution, the protesters still have their knives and guns with them.
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by miky(m): 8:58am On Feb 02, 2012
what else do you expect in the jungle
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by yoged(m): 9:05am On Feb 02, 2012
WTF. Are they trying to Revolutionize football? Arab Nonsense. The egyptian has got violence trait in dia blood. Them dey craze. Let them say hello to Sadam Hussein and Osama bin Laden, But why are they doing this?
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by member67023: 10:07am On Feb 02, 2012
Thank God they did not qualify for African Nations Cup.
The hooligans could have caused rampage in gabon/equatorial guinea if they lose any match.
Arab Spring - 2012 season.
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by daroz(m): 10:11am On Feb 02, 2012
Muslims again!!!!!
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by Sparkle777(f): 10:17am On Feb 02, 2012
chuks49:

Arabians re blood tasty.
                                                       Am sure you meant blood thirsty. You are just right on. Arabs are the most violent of all races, me thinks their religion has alot to do with it. It even impacts on other races that also share similar religions. They love killing.
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by DeepSight(m): 10:27am On Feb 02, 2012
chuks49:

Arabians re blood tasty.

Are you a vampire? Been tasting and sampling the blood of various races, ah?
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by atasteve: 10:37am On Feb 02, 2012
If you are fighting because of Egyptian league what do u want the likes of European teams to do?
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 02, 2012
Atigba:

God has left Africa?

God is gentle, slow to anger but quick in mercy.

Africa has left God.
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by Kenyanstar: 12:08pm On Feb 02, 2012
Football made in Africa
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by chuqudy(m): 12:46pm On Feb 02, 2012
muslim Hausas in diaspora
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by melomelo: 12:56pm On Feb 02, 2012
Egyptian-Islamic sect-muslims-Hausas-sharias = Origination of Boko Haram.
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by WebSurfer(m): 12:57pm On Feb 02, 2012
daroz:

Muslims again!!!!!
bloody killers
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by kizito96(m): 1:00pm On Feb 02, 2012
Peace is yet to return in Egypt
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by hbrednic: 1:05pm On Feb 02, 2012
blame mubarak
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by melomelo: 1:16pm On Feb 02, 2012
Egyptians- generations of brutal King Pharaoh (The greatest enemies of children of living God-The Isrealites). Egyptians will still kill more of themselves, then the Red sea will perfect it's job again,embarrassed them and wipe them off even their brothers in Nigeria Boko HARAMS,
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by Sagamite(m): 1:36pm On Feb 02, 2012
I have always believed in shooting on the spot people that act violently, overly threatening or riot at football games.

This has vindicated me.

Not everything called civilised is pragmatic or good.

If you join a marauding mob that are a danger to others, you have signed for a bullet to the head. Lets protect innocent people and ensure only the animals die.

Now some innocent people have died all because they want to watch a game while some animals want to harm people because of football.
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by Sagamite(m): 1:40pm On Feb 02, 2012
chuks49:

Arabians re blood tasty.

daroz:

Muslims again!!!!!

chuqudy:

muslim Hausas in diaspora

melomelo:

Egyptians- generations of brutal King Pharaoh (The greatest enemies of children of living God-The Isrealites). Egyptians will still kill more of themselves, then the Red sea will perfect it's job again,embarrassed them and wipe them off even their brothers in Nigeria Boko HARAMS,

You are all certified cretins!
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by abt(m): 1:54pm On Feb 02, 2012
This unfortunate event happened last night.
As at 1pm today.
The players and some of the injured were air lifted to Egypt's capital today, The President himself received them at the airport.
Over 40 arrests have been made already.
The prime minister is holding a panel to investigate the matter also.

My point is, The governments swift reaction which is in clear contrast to what is happening in Nigeria.
Nigerians are being taken for a ride by the ruling class.
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by melomelo: 2:49pm On Feb 02, 2012
Sagamite- Oh listen:
Your generations are certified cretins. I'm not believe that you are a Nigerian but wherever you come from, you are serving no purpose on the earth, Unavailing non-living material.
Even, if you are a ghost or a member of Boko-H, I'm sure and very very sure that you are on sick-leave, a murderer, wastrel- (good-for-nothing-person). Oh my God!
Sagamite, if you provoke me to curse you ever, eeeeeeh!!!. What is your annoyance in mentioning Boko-Harams pls be very carefull on this forum. It is more than what you think or else you will go home with something else,
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by Sagamite(m): 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2012
melomelo:

Sagamite- Oh listen:
Your generations are certified cretins. I'm not believe that you are a Nigerian but wherever you come from, you are serving no purpose on the earth, Unavailing non-living material.
Even, if you are a ghost or a member of Boko-H, I'm sure and very very sure that you are on sick-leave, a murderer, wastrel- (good-for-nothing-person). Oh my God!
Sagamite, if you provoke me to curse you ever, eeeeeeh!!!. What is your annoyance in mentioning Boko-Harams pls be very carefull on this forum. It is more than what you think or else you will go home with something else,

You are a cretin!

You need to blow your daft, moronic brain to help the human race progress.

Illiterate fooooool! Who are you threatening with you moronic superstition?

Product of a failed education system.
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by BetaThings: 3:28pm On Feb 02, 2012
daroz:

Muslims again!!!!!
How was Ignewari George (Finidi George's younger brother) killed in Nigeria
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by oc2fish: 3:34pm On Feb 02, 2012
Football is a game of great emotion that is why i am campaigning for life ban for the Cretin
called Thankgod who plays in the Nigeria for slapping a referee during a match. It may
interest you to know that most referees in Nigeria are professionals in their own right
and for just an ordinary player to slap a Medical doctor, Lawer, senior banker and Lecturer
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by chuqudy(m): 3:52pm On Feb 02, 2012
Sagamite:

You are all certified cretins!

@Mr. Cretin Sagamite, I pity you and your fellow boko haram members.
Re: Atleast 73 People Killed In An Egytian League Match by Sagamite(m): 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2012
chuqudy:

@Mr. Cretin Sagamite, I pity you and your fellow boko haram members.

You are a cretin!

You should pity yourself for the downright dumb, under-developed mind of a foooool that the looting of Nigerian funds has got your brain level to.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SUREWIN9JA Soccer Prediction VIP GROUP Is A Scam. Be Warned! / Is Mikel Obi The Most Decorated/successful Nigerian Footballer? Photo Gallery / Olympic Games Qualifier :Equatorial Guinea 2 Vs Nigeria 1 (Full time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.