Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

2d/3d Art Gallery - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 2d/3d Art Gallery (109552 Views)

Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results / 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. / Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by wham(m): 6:34pm On Nov 02, 2007
@Lafem

I love ur Characters and their sketches.

They are indeed, Nigerian. And u have not been slack in utilizing good Lines-of-Action and the basic 2.5D shapes to form them. They are well rounded and funny looking.

Those are the kind of characters I'm working on.
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by omega25red(m): 7:25pm On Nov 02, 2007
lafem great work every other person who posted great work as well but lafem i wanted to know do you draw on paper scan it then paint it or you have a graphics tablet that you use??
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Lafem(m): 12:36pm On Nov 05, 2007
omega25red:
lafem i wanted to know do you draw on paper scan it then paint it ??

Yes sir! And thank you for the props wink. That's exactly how I do it. After I import the image into my PaintShop pro program, I darken the lines of the artwork/image a bit (because,  depending on the settings of your scanner software, the scanned image can sometimes come out with somewhat grayed-out lines), and then I paint it.  cheesy
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Lafem(m): 1:54pm On Nov 05, 2007
wham:

@Lafem

I love your Characters and their sketches.

They are indeed, Nigerian. And u have not been slack in utilizing good Lines-of-Action and the basic 2.5D shapes to form them. They are well rounded and funny looking.

Those are the kind of characters I'm working on.

Thanx bro. I strive to create characters with a naija look/personality, hence the traditional costumes, names, and props. As per your observation of my utility of basic shapes and line-of-action in my artwork(s), I gotta commend you for training your eyes to catch those wink, because that's the very [fundamental] basis of rhythm in animation art -- the average person's eyes are inbuilt to recognize rhythm, but as an animator those senses become even SHARPER because you train your eyes to pick-up more subtle details that escape the "layman's" senses, as you can prettymuch see/know what's going on from frame-to-frame and therefore are in control of what your audience sees.

Just keep drawing, bro. And never stop. I draw every chance I get and keep honing my skillz. Also, [this is every important] try and keep 'em [your drawings] simple -- which is why the use of basic shapes and curves are important because it gives you a lot of flexibility in terms of fluid and smooth movement of the character when animating. Too much detail can make the drawings not only hard to animate [a la having to redraw those lines of details over and over], but also less rhythmic.
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by wham(m): 3:45pm On Nov 05, 2007
@Lafem

Thanks for the hints man.

Would I be right to say u used charcoal pencils to draw some lines on those characters on paper first?

OR was it a tool in Paintshop?
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by iparrot(m): 7:17pm On Nov 05, 2007
@ zpixel
u can check smcars.net, look at the forum section
theblueprints.com
suurland.com
and lots more!!! grin
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Lafem(m): 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2007
wham:

@Lafem

Thanks for the hints man.

Would I be right to say u used charcoal pencils to draw some lines on those characters on paper first?

OR was it a tool in Paintshop?

Believe it or not, I used a 2B pencil [HB should work as well, the darker, the better] and a plain white sheet of paper. Before scanning, I set the scanner software to recognize the image as either a 'colored' [in some scanner softwares that can come under a different label/tag, like 'lineart'] or 'grayscale' document/picture. Also, you can scale/resize the dimensions of the image in the scanner software before the actual scanning. After scanning, you then import the image into your image editor [could be any one, be it the open-source Gimp, or the commmercial ones like PhotoShop, Corel, Paintshop, e.t.c] and further manipulate it. For me, I darken the lines of my drawings by increasing the 'gamma' levels before applying color to them. I'll find time to take detailed screen/snap-shots of the process one of these days. Hope I made sense?
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by wham(m): 10:44pm On Nov 06, 2007
I catch ur drift.

Cool!
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by voldemort(m): 10:43pm On Nov 09, 2007
Nice work, all!
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 12:48am On Nov 16, 2007
A quick sketch I did this afternoon.

Itoro, the Femme fatale. . . grin

1 Like

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by wham(m): 10:39am On Nov 17, 2007
@Grafikdon

Nice work. Cool hatching.

What kind of pencil did u use?
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 2:10pm On Nov 17, 2007
@ Wham. It isn't a pencil work, I used a black pen.
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Lafem(m): 5:46pm On Nov 17, 2007
@Grafikdon: You're one heck of a good illustrator, bro. Your style is very similar to those of some of the best manga/anime artists I've come across.
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by wham(m): 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2007
@Grafikdon

Oh! Thats true. I should have noticed.

Nice drawing anyway
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Lafem(m): 5:52pm On Nov 17, 2007
Kola 'D' Terrible  cheesy.

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by KamuiR(m): 7:33am On Nov 24, 2007
<Nice to know grafikdon is not the only lightwaver here. cool

<Does anyone know where i can get actually blueprint of cars online?

Blueprints online;

http://suurland.com/

http://www.the-blueprints.com/

K.
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by KamuiR(m): 9:00am On Nov 24, 2007
Hi,

Sorry I didn't see post #36 which has the same urls.

K.
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by iparrot(m): 11:18am On Nov 27, 2007
"ANTROKER" the purple ant ninja grin

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by iparrot(m): 11:30am On Nov 27, 2007
oops, didn't know i had posted it twice, same thing though
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Lafem(m): 1:22pm On Nov 29, 2007
@jparrot: Bro, you try o! Your 'purple ant ninja' looks so professional. Keep it up.

I got the following 3D image of character models from a press release site announcing the premiere of an 'african' 3D-animated series. You can read the full press-release by clicking on the following link: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/3/prweb361327.htm

Excerpts:

Magic Cellar, a series of twenty (20) animated shorts is set to have its world premiere on the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC 2) on Saturday, March 25, 2006. A one hour nationally-televised special will launch the series. Over 300 under-privileged children will participate in the national launch. Magic Cellar is Africa’s first 3D animated series. Beautifully produced entirely in Maya software, the series marks the first time Africa’s children will see themselves reflected in an animated series. The series celebrates Africa’s culture and traditions while promoting reading as exciting and adventurous. The series is based on African folktales, partially collected from interviews conducted with elders in villages across South Africa. Each episode is broken up into three sections: a brief introduction and set-up; the African story; and a wrap-up with the lessens learnt. Each episode is a self-contained, animated short.

Anyone of you naija/africa-based nairalanders seen it, yet?

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by iparrot(m): 8:53pm On Dec 03, 2007
@ lafem thanks for your comments, like the research/ articles you have provided to this forum. hope you are successful when you come back to the country. don't mind working with you or anyone else in your project! keep up the good work! but
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by iparrot(m): 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2007
my custom " FERRARI_612_SCAGLIETTI_GTB" .modelled in lightwave3d and post-process in photoshop!

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by hamattan(m): 9:19pm On Dec 04, 2007
abeg una too mush, whish time igo come be like una?too mush !! grin
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by folahann(m): 11:47am On Dec 06, 2007
Me too o. There are people on Nairaland who know how things are done. i can't wait to be like you
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by folahann(m): 11:50am On Dec 06, 2007
This is one of the best thred on Nairaland
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Bennyboy(m): 8:07am On Dec 10, 2007
Hi,

Thought I may just drop off my own little contribution here. This is my bentley continental gt, my second shot at car modelling. My first was a 1959 Jaguar MKII. Modelling, texturing, rendering (and maybe animation soon, ) was done in Maxon Cinema 4d. Post work in Photoshop & Fireworks.

Cheers. wink

1 Like

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by toyintiwal(m): 12:05pm On Dec 10, 2007
Can u please tell me what it takes to be a professional on this, wale o8o26545578
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 6:24pm On Jan 04, 2008
grin grin The protagonists of an animated feature in progress

Anya (Left) Ireti (Right). grin

2 Likes

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 7:01pm On Jan 04, 2008
The Guy and Gals of Project Fleece. grin (This is not the title o abeg)

From Left: Edem, Anya and Ireti

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by phishaman(m): 7:37pm On Jan 06, 2008
meeennnnnn u guys make a brotha look bad, the 3d work is fabulous, im still 2d, heres some of mine, its all photoshop

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by lkouchica(m): 11:15am On Jan 08, 2008
You guys are doing a great work here.My younger brother wants to start a school on these 3d Stuff and i am looking for a good skool here in lagos.Can anyone tell me help me?
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by tobbbie(m): 10:21pm On Jan 13, 2008
Just ma li2 contribution, to d thread,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs / Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge / Black Art (painting Only Please!) :D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.