Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,695 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

2d/3d Art Gallery - Art, Graphics & Video (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 2d/3d Art Gallery (109602 Views)

Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results / 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. / Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by xothermik(m): 2:31am On Sep 05, 2008
this was a robot i made a while ago. i call it r1400 which is the islamic month and year i was
born in. below is the same guy in a photoshoped image of a street in abu zaria. its actuali a
scr shot from one of my videos. for those who know the scene they know that the tall building
in the bak is not quite wher it is and not that tall and the street is always littered wit people 24/7.

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by iparrot(m): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2008
like the comp in the second image. the lighting effect in the first image is way too distracting!
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by xothermik(m): 11:14pm On Sep 05, 2008
i totali agree paulie grin(iparrot)i just finishd it and was in a rush to make a walpaper wit it.
heres a coin i made of myself while i  was learnin d ropes of modeling.saw a fifty cent coin
once in a source magazine before i tried my hand in 3d and was totali oblivious as to how they did it.
wondered it they actuali got a coiner to design it(i mean dose guys get money no be imposibl tin) so i set about
doing the same the moment i got equipped with the necessary skills for it. its actuali an abomination from
a polygonal point of view especiali the part with the facial relief ,way too many polygons. found that out when i
tried to animate hundreds of these coins falling onto a table using particle systems,  any great animator wil tell you that the best
use the least possibl polygons 4 der models.just as am usin d least lettrs in my typing grin

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Whalewale(m): 1:56pm On Sep 06, 2008
i am not sure if the robot is meant to be a giant, but if he is not then the proportin is kind of off.

Nice one o
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by naijadey: 4:03am On Sep 08, 2008
Hello fellow nairalanders, its been a while since I visited the site and Its just thrilling to see all these great artworks.

My hats off to all the artists. I'll like to comment on a few.

zPixel your 3d work is top notch. very realistic great modelling and rendering skills. I've tried learning 3d modelling, but always cannot make any progress, so when I see some outstanding work I salute. keep it up.

Artboy cool cars. like to see I'm not the only one into cars here. Your models look very good in 2D form and so does your 3D work, but it looks like there's room for improvement in the rendering department. awesome work.

grafikdon what can I say. been a fan of your work from day one, but after watching the 1st episode your series, I can't help but wonder where you had the time and patience to complete that. the quality is terribly good too. You've got the foundation of your animation down from conceptualization to execution. all it needs is some replication and we would be seeing a full feature series from you soon.

iparrot your 3D work shows extreme variety. kudos to another great 3D modeller

bseweje1 some neat photoshop artwork. simple yet interesting. I definitely admire your work greatly.

Lafem ah what a relief. All your characters are hilarious and look like they are about to jump out of the screen. I commend your style. It shows some flair characteristic of classic cartoons. pls pls keep developing this technique.

finally heres something I would leave you guys with some recent design sketches all done in photoshop.

acura concept

Porsche concept

a sketch from way back

honda crx concept
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by eduezeyim(m): 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2008
i Really love these works please, How can i learn this. please mail me. harry_ezeyim2000@yahoo.com
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by resichild(m): 10:10pm On Sep 08, 2008
hey!grafikdon has aseries?how come i am just hearing of this?
@grafikdon, where can i get them man.lets see how it looks cos judging from what u put up here, it should be worth looking at. wink
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by xothermik(m): 2:55am On Sep 09, 2008
this is one of my earliest photopaint works. i say photopaint cuz i dint use photoshop. i did it wit jasc paint shop pro9. i came to be so gud wit it that it became lik an extension of my arm.you cud tell its so old cuz its a spider man 1 wall paper i edited. i made it blue cuz i kinda wanted to make it an ice kinda spider man dat uses an icy kinda web. only when i ventured into 3d did i adopt adobe photo shop because of its superior feautures and besides it is d standard for 3d artists around d world.

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by xothermik(m): 2:59am On Sep 09, 2008
yeah i also fiddled with lord of d rings1 and terminator pics 2. gess u cud call me d forgotten black warrior in lord of d rings. una know white man black belle.

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by xothermik(m): 3:08am On Sep 09, 2008
ok just one more rendition 2 do with me. i just wanted 2 share something i did in my first mont with max.
imagin i was even usin max5 then

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by xothermik(m): 3:36am On Sep 09, 2008
hey guys any combustion user in d house. i think its awesome
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 3:38am On Sep 09, 2008
I used it for awhile and it was really good while it lasted. The GUI IMHO is very ''attractive''. I dropped it together with Fusion and went back to After Effects.
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by xothermik(m): 8:18am On Sep 09, 2008
hey has anyone by any chance seen a naija short ten minute martial arts spoof or parody with some cool ass special fx called chainis fim(soposed 2 d pidgin english pronunciation of chineese film).
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by holmes1(m): 10:09am On Sep 18, 2008
[color=#990000][/color]Incomplete work, i know. need more inspiration. anyone with concepts holla

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 1:12pm On Sep 19, 2008
Good job fellas. cheesy

Screen shots from the animated web series "Mark of Uru" grin

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 1:13pm On Sep 19, 2008
More. . . grin

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by xothermik(m): 8:19pm On Sep 19, 2008
gdon that matchet of urs remids me of a similar sword i made some time bak. mine was actually inspired by cloud's sword in final fantasy seven.

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by zPixel(m): 1:25pm On Sep 20, 2008
@naijadey
Nice concept art sketches. i really like the robotwheel, hope u dont mind if i do a 3d version of it?
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by naijadey: 4:12pm On Sep 20, 2008
No problem Zpixel. It would be my pleasure. And grafikdon, I can't wait for this your series. It looks exciting already.
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Gamine(f): 4:21pm On Sep 20, 2008
cry cry

Naijadey, nice works o
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by resichild(m): 10:15pm On Sep 20, 2008
@zpixel
i also loved the robot wheel and i wass planning a 3D version also.but pls dont let me stop u cos i like ur work
@naijadey
goodwork, ur sketches rule wink
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by resichild(m): 8:03am On Sep 22, 2008
My connection to nairaland was horrible yesternight and i felt like calling seun personally, if only i had his phone number grin and before u all start asking it wasnt my isp cos i just downloaded softimage 7 in one night(bittorrent rocks)
@naijadey
This is what i think ur Robotwheel looks like untextured.I'll post the textured pic later and a link to a short animation i'm doing wit it.Really loving the little guy and hope u dont mind wink.Also modified it a tiny bit

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by zPixel(m): 4:40pm On Sep 27, 2008
@resichild
Nice one. cant wait 2 see d rendered version. When am less busy, i'll drop mine.
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by sojioguns(m): 11:22am On Sep 30, 2008
WOW! What would this software be called?
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Jydekris(m): 5:27am On Oct 01, 2008
Did this wit 3dsmax.

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Jydekris(m): 5:34am On Oct 01, 2008
3dsmax.

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Jydekris(m): 5:44am On Oct 01, 2008
Hybrid warriors was done in 2004

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Jydekris(m): 6:00am On Oct 01, 2008
I put up pieces of my old sketch pad on a virtual wall wit Photoshop

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by sojioguns(m): 10:33am On Oct 01, 2008
@ Jydekris. You are well versed but your 3D work still needs a lot of work in the lighting aspect. zPixel and grafikdon could give u some tips. Guys fire on,
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by xwit(m): 11:47am On Oct 01, 2008
hi yall. am x-wit from niger state. just started playin around with photo shop. watcha think of this

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by sojioguns(m): 12:05pm On Oct 01, 2008
Nice work but I would remove the bevel and let the 'boy' stand out more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (41) (Reply)

Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs / Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge / Black Art (painting Only Please!) :D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.