Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,911 members, 7,806,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully (1261 Views)

Honestly, I Do Not Like The Way People Are Being Insulted On Nairaland / Don't You Honestly Miss Him? Considering The Chaotic Condition Of Nigeria? - / If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully by nuclearboy(m): 9:47am On Feb 02, 2012
I look ahead to a country that has an educated middle-class that understands the concept of integrity. Truth is relative but integrity absolute.

Ojukwu was a Hero (to me though I am Yoruba) because his desire was for innocent people to be saved from the ignorance some Northerners used to imagine that the igbos killed their people in 1966!

Awolowo was also a hero because he empowered his people educationally and developed the west more than others!

The Sardauna was a good man but he was myopic in seeing only his people rather than the collective.

Why can't we form an alliance? We are educated and so ought be detribalised, open and willing to stand together! Why can't we just decide that whoever is up there ONLY needs to do right and not have to be from my village? Whether Hausa, Otueke, Aba or Ijebu, if he does the right thing, what's my or your problem?

Tribalism and religious differences today, are the mark of beasts who know the difference between cheetahs and lions while Humans (a different specie) are killing and threatening all! Its parallel with politicians watching all of us (whether yoruba or ibo or Christian or Muslim) die while they despoil the country! What tribe or religion is the Naira which is all that holds them together?

Its time to start our own movement to make this country better

Who is with me?
Re: Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully by Dyt(f): 10:01am On Feb 02, 2012
raises hand
infact i want 2 marry from d south south
Re: Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully by Lasinoh: 10:06am On Feb 02, 2012
Not until you currrrroff ODU-OBAS and YIGBOS and MIDO BELLIT out of Nigeria.
North and South forever!!!! cool

No, I am not with you! I dun wanno live with Yoruba, Igbo(Biafra) or Middle Belt.
They are trouble-makers.
No progress with those three.
Twa!!!!
Re: Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully by nuclearboy(m): 10:10am On Feb 02, 2012
Used to abhore politics but if we keep looking, are we not tacitly leaving the field to the worst of society?

Not interested in posts but abeg, let's form a party or group and bring reasoning people to power

@Lasinoh:

Who do u want to live with?
Re: Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully by Dyt(f): 10:11am On Feb 02, 2012
^ latinos
Re: Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 02, 2012
@nuclearboy,

Your rallying call is both refreshing and laudable.
Re: Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully by nuclearboy(m): 10:32am On Feb 02, 2012
^ bro and sis,

Please let's find people that can stand scrutiny and assess them. Can we do this in like a "let's look at so & so person" manner?

We use that to educate ourselves and others plus compel our "targets" to wake up! I know NL is small and has limited reach but we only know the start is small - we don't know how large or powerful the end will be! Any ideas
Re: Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully by Gbawe: 12:54pm On Feb 02, 2012
nuclearboy:

Used to abhore politics but if we keep looking, are we not tacitly leaving the field to the worst of society?

Not interested in posts but abeg, let's form a party or group and bring reasoning people to power

@Lasinoh:

Indeed. This is why I joined the Nigerian online community in the first place.

As per the subject matter, I think Nigerians are simply not politically and emotionally sophisticated enough to aspire to the lofty standards of integrity that makes it easy to discern what matters above everything else. Nothing proves this more than how diasporan Nigerians one would expect to be tolerant , gracious and liberal become bellicose, hateful, tribalistic, discriminatory and guilty of an inhuman pre-occupation with negatively stereotyping others once their own nation and relations with other ethnic groups is the subject of discussion.

I simply think you are wasting your time with a thread like this considering that similar, probably in the millions, exist to no effect. You should accept that evolution is the only answer. When minds become more evolved (with time, greater experience and challenges) then we will see thinking ability and reasoning rise to the extent Nigerians can view issues in manners that facilitate human development. Even as many Nigerians think themselves erudite and urbane, very few Nigerians , relative to the entire population, are actually consistent embodiments of integrity, tolerance, equity, genuine respect for all and liberalism. This is where Nigeria's problem lie and your message won't change anything. Only evolution , when it succeeds, will provide a Nation where the majority can genuinely think productively most of the time because their thought processes is informed by high standards of the qualities most desirable in man.
Re: Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully by nuclearboy(m): 1:21pm On Feb 02, 2012
Gbawe:

Indeed. This is why I joined the Nigerian online community in the first place.

As per the subject matter, I think Nigerians are simply not politically and emotionally sophisticated enough to aspire to the lofty standards of integrity that makes it easy to discern what matters above everything else. Nothing proves this more than how diasporan Nigerians one would expect to be tolerant , gracious and liberal become bellicose, hateful, tribalistic, discriminatory and guilty of an inhuman pre-occupation with negatively stereotyping others once their own nation and relations with other ethnic groups is the subject of discussion.

I simply think you are wasting your time with a thread like this considering that similar, probably in the millions, exist to no effect. You should accept that evolution is the only answer. When minds become more evolved (with time, greater experience and challenges) then we will see thinking ability and reasoning rise to the extent Nigerians can view issues in manners that facilitate human development. Even as many Nigerians think themselves erudite and urbane, very few Nigerians , relative to the entire population, are actually consistent embodiments of integrity, tolerance, equity, genuine respect for all and liberalism. This is where Nigeria's problem lie and your message won't change anything. Only evolution , when it succeeds, will provide a Nation where the majority can genuinely think productively most of the time because their thought processes is informed by high standards of the qualities most desirable in man.

Fair enough, especially since I didn't expect things would change easily or just because I want! However, and more to the issue, can we not keep talking about what makes up these desirable qualities? I find myself ashamed seeing we who ought be Nigeria's future making comments such as we see on this forum. Most comments are asinine and simply tell us the poster feels he has a right to post tripe and so (s)he does - one liners, snide remarks, daft tribal or religious postulations and such like. Bulls left loose in a china shop!

Maybe repeated requests to many to "review" and make sense might change a few of us  embarassed
Re: Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully by Gbawe: 1:52pm On Feb 02, 2012
nuclearboy:

Fair enough, especially since I didn't expect things would change easily or just because I want! However, and more to the issue, can we not keep talking about what makes up these desirable qualities? I find myself ashamed seeing we who ought be Nigeria's future making comments[b] such as we see on this forum.[/b] Most comments are asinine and simply tell us the poster feels he has a right to post tripe and so (s)he does - one liners, snide remarks, daft tribal or religious postulations and such like. Bulls left loose in a china shop!

Maybe repeated requests to many to "review" and make sense might change a few of us  embarassed

As per this forum, I would suggest you develop a thick skin. This is how elitism develop inadvertently amongst those with even the best of intentions. If some fail to embrace refinement and wish to continue behaving in an uncouth manner the lowest unthinking animals would be proud of, then those who aspire to being guided by the best qualities desirable in man will have no choice but to ignore and consign them to a lower tier. You should do the same.

You should simply ignore those who write like neanderthals on this forum. Their uncouthness and deliberate resistance to speak/think progressively is a personal damnation and impediment against getting the best out of life even if they do not realise this.
Re: Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully by Lasinoh: 1:57pm On Feb 02, 2012
Thank My Godioh. . . the white man does not think I am 'uncouth' and 'damned'!
Only niggers of Africa do not know that their breath stink!
Damned nigger! Look in the mirror. kiss

nuclearboy:

@Lasinoh:

You notice the South-South does not complain much about the North and vice versa?
It is only when Yoruba 'ndi-oshi' peeps and "ndi-otokoto' Biafrans come along that there is ALWAYS strife
Forget that 'no man's land of a Middle Belt' aka neither hia nor dia.

Nigerians come together? Lai lai.
We all kno how 'Aburi Accord' became 'Aburi Discord'. . . all the way to Biafra. grin

If you think those old 'fogies' were traitors than. . . check out the new generation 'back-stabbers' and 'kunt kissers' on NL for example. . . not to mention Nigeria.

Are you with me? wink
Re: Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully by Afam4eva(m): 2:06pm On Feb 02, 2012
In as much a i hope that one day Nigerians will unite. I don't think unity is a catalyst for positive change. We can move forward if the interest of every group in Nigeria is protected by a water tight constitution. Our constitution is very porous that's why minorities and even some majorities are being gang-raped. We don't really need to like each other politically to move forward.
Re: Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully by PointB: 2:56pm On Feb 02, 2012
@Op,
'He who comes to equity must come with open and indeed clean hands.'

Nigerians have voted for Yorubaman, hausa/fulani man, and an IJaw man for presidency! We will keep talking about the same issue for years until Igboman is voted as president of the country or Nigeria is divided. All this preaching about the ills of ethnicity and all what's not is a monumental waste of energy! Over million Igbos and other tribes in the south are not happy with the status quo.

We can keep preaching endlessly or we correct this problem once and for all in 2015. South East will put forward one of their brilliant minds in 2015, we can use that opportunity to correct Nigeria political or watch us support a candidate who will make mouth watering 'promise' to us. Senator David Mark readily comes to mind here!

Nigeria progress lies in the path of political equity. My widow's mite to this debate.
Re: Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully by sheyguy: 2:58pm On Feb 02, 2012
afam4eva:

In as much a i hope that one day Nigerians will unite. I don't think unity is a catalyst for positive change. We can move forward if the interest of every group in Nigeria is protected by a water tight constitution. Our constitution is very porous that's why minorities and even some majorities are being gang-violated. We don't really need to like each other politically to move forward.
I wonder what u mean by the bolded part in a thread like this.
Re: Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully by nuclearboy(m): 3:09pm On Feb 02, 2012
@PointB:

Seems you don't understand what I am about. Whether from South East, MiddleBelt or from Ijaw Land AGAIN, I intend to vote for the best man as far as reason shows! If after that, the best is again from that same person's village, I intend to vote for him. In effect, I will vote for the best man I see everytime.

I do not believe in rotation or placating people if it brings up irresponsible governance which is what those who seem to be against the current government are saying rather than that they hate the President!

If we can calmly decide who the best candidate is, oblivious of the tribalism and religious bent that brought us to this current sorry state, we will move forward. However if we continue insisting on such tribal\religious considerations, we will continue to destroy the polity. AND all are suffering due to that
Re: Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully by PointB: 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2012
^^^
Perhaps you are the one who does not understand me. Your best man theory will only work in an ideal society. Nigeria is not one.

My solution is that we first solve the problem of political inequality. If Nigerians had not voted Abiola and Obj, you won't stand here to ask me to forget tribalism and sentiment and vote for the 'best man.'

In any case, I have identified a few best men for you to choose from, and they are: Rochas, Amechi, David Mark, El Rufia, Fashola, Chime and Okonjo Iweala.

Now what is your excuse?
Re: Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully by nuclearboy(m): 4:02pm On Feb 02, 2012
^^    Excuse for what?

And whist I would excise some names (on the basis of my understanding), your list is fairly okay!

Plus what we are looking for is AN IDEAL SOCIETY, isn't it?

Interestingly, I did not vote for either Abiola (abstained deliberately) & OBJ (voted against) and so I owe nobody a favor for what I didn't agree to: now you know!
Re: Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully by PointB: 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2012
^^^
Good to know that some of the names I deliberately listed can be excised on the basis of your 'understanding.' That also imply that you understanding is subjective and cannot be authoritative. The fact that you don't even know what constitute a 'best man' is another indicator of the hopelessness of starting thread like this. Because there is no acceptable agreement on what constitute the best man, political inequalities must be given consideration at this time of our polity. There can be no convergence of ideas under the present lopsided political arrangement. I hope you learnt a lot in the last Subsidy/regime change protest! I do hope you did!
Re: Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully by nuclearboy(m): 4:30pm On Feb 02, 2012
Could you do me a favor and discuss each of your "contestants" as listed above? Which btw, would be exactly what I suggested a thread like this be for, since I'm not a politician and am therefore, not running for any office

You never know - maybe you could educate others as well as myself and would be a better way to convince me to support an Iweala, who for now, could normally not get my vote.

This would make more sense than saying "Igbo man IT MUST BE".
Re: Calmly, Honestly, Sincerely And Truthfully by PointB: 4:52pm On Feb 02, 2012
The antecedents and pedigree of people on my list is there for everyone to see. Likewise there fault and failings.

It is too early in the day to start campaigning for any of them; and by the way there is nothing wrong for calling for Nigerian president of SE origin, cos if you look at that list, everyone on it will have a torrid time trying to outperform any of the SE candidate. That in itself is fact. But then because 'best man' is relative, political equity must be put into consideration. There I stand!

(1) (Reply)

Dead Boko Haram Member Discovered To Be A Governor's Driver / James Ibori Finally Pleads Guilty To Money-laundering Charges In London Court. / Video Of The Kaduna Bomb Blast: Viewers Descretion Is Advised! Really Graphic!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.