Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi (9782 Views)

Ojukwu Was A Dictator – Phillip Effiong / Awolowo Asked Ojukwu To Be Open And Forthright . But Ojukwu Was Trying To Do Wuru Wuru Backroom Deals / Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Rhino5dm: 6:26pm On Feb 02, 2012
[size=28pt]In London, Ojukwu was lonely, dumb – Igwe Nwokedi[/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked

Dim Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu’s death, last Saturday, has continued to generate comments from eminent Nigerians, especially those who were with him from the time of the Civil War till his death.

Igwe Alex Nwokedi, a veteran journalist and Igbo monarch who served in the war as head of counter intelligence under Ojukwu’s Republic of Biafra gives graphic details of Ojukwu’s health in London hospital.

Your Majesty was very close to the late Ikemba of Nnewi, Dim Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu so much that you visited him at his London hospital before he died.

What is your account of his life in London hospital?

When I visited London, I went to the hospital where he was admitted. His chief- of- staff was with him and I was told upon entering the ward that I should just hold his hand and speak; that he could hear but he could not talk. I held his hand and greeted him, “Gburugburu,” that is Igwe of Igbo Land. He was a very good Catholic. I told him that he had suffered for the Igbo and that our mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary would take very good care of him.

I spoke to him, encouraged him but to tell you the truth, I was not happy at all with his situation. There was a Philipino nurse taking care of him, shocked shocked shocked and his daughter was also there with him. They were the only two people with him in that ward. I told the daughter that as she was taking care of her father, that our Lord would bless her and that her own children would pay her back by taking good care of her. Then, I left the hospital and since then, I have been saying Novena Mass for him so that our good Lord would take good care of him.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/in-london-ojukwu-was-lonely-dumb-igwe-nwokedi/
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Rhino5dm: 6:36pm On Feb 02, 2012
Eze wuruwuru of Igbo land left lonely, dumb and retaarded? shocked shocked grin grin
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by phantom(m): 6:55pm On Feb 02, 2012
Dont take this personal my friend but like seriously, how old are you?

1 Like

Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Rhino5dm: 6:58pm On Feb 02, 2012
Old enough to bleep your mother

phantom:

Dont take this personal my friend but like seriously, how old are you?
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by namfav(m): 7:02pm On Feb 02, 2012
shocked lipsrsealed
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Rossikk(m): 7:31pm On Feb 02, 2012
The so-called Igbo monarch, Igwe whateverhisnameis, should have called on the gods of his ancestors, rather than the gods of his white European conquerors. I wonder when these so called traditionalists would shine their eyes, get real, and stop following the white gods that were used to conquer them and enslave their people.
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Tsiya(m): 8:58pm On Feb 02, 2012
Nigerians are really funny. What does he expect in a hospital in a developed country? People should converge there and make a nuisance? The guy was in hospital for medical attention for God sake.

I see the guy that went there was thinking like a Nigerian hospital when a very important person is admitted, a camp of family, friends, well wishers, sycophants and beggars will be set up outside the hospital. hssss
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Rhino5dm: 9:33pm On Feb 02, 2012
The shows that you are either ignorant of Igbo culture or you are trying to look silly. How dare you insult Ikemba Dim Wuruwuru in such manner?

Do you knwo who is OJUKWU? The greatest man EVER on this universe? Tender your apology or i will be left with no option than to envoke amadioha to strike you dead. Lol

We the Igbos are going to shut down SS,SE and the whole Nigeria to celebrate his life well fulfilled.

The president of the Ndigbo race, should atleast entertain 1000 visitors per day from different corners of the earth. This was the man who's dead body is scheduled for tour in four countries.

What do you think should be the scene of his hospital bed? . . . . . . . Ikemba of all people?? Left at the mercy of a nurse and his daughter??

Tsiya:

Nigerians are really funny. What does he expect in a hospital in a developed country? People should converge there and make a nuisance? The guy was in hospital for medical attention for God sake.

I see the guy that went there was thinking like a Nigerian hospital when a very important person is admitted, a camp of family, friends, well wishers, sycophants and beggars will be set up outside the hospital. hssss
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by dayokanu(m): 9:47pm On Feb 02, 2012
So Igbos deserted Ojuku when he was alive and they are now planning to feast on his dead body

Shame on Igbos
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by phreakabit(m): 10:07pm On Feb 02, 2012

[size=16pt]Guys please quote this post so that everyone can see it. Lets do it in memory of Pa Awo. [/size]
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by bashr8: 10:48pm On Feb 02, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin chai rat poison , the guy for just jump into lagoon , i mean this embarrassment is too much
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by phreakabit(m): 10:58pm On Feb 02, 2012
Where did all the Yorubas suddenly go? ? ? They are trying to drown the thread!!!!
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by bashr8: 12:29am On Feb 03, 2012
no mind them, they will run and open another one
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by 1virus(m): 1:23am On Feb 03, 2012
''and his daughter
was also there with him''. Chaii! yoruBARA and tribalism. IGBOGLOBIM go kill some ppl ohh tongue tongue. Do u xpet all igbos 2 b in london with him? EWU UKPA.
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by BlackPikiN(m): 1:34am On Feb 03, 2012
Igbo men pay homage in ATL.

Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by BlackPikiN(m): 1:35am On Feb 03, 2012
^^^I posted that picture to make people to die! Dem no themselves lol.

Dem go see more of these pictures later.
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by OgidiBoy(m): 2:56am On Feb 03, 2012
^^^ More pictures pls, It touches my heart when I see pics like those. That is the kind of respect only a hero gets, and Ojukwu was the best of the

best ever.

RIP EZE NDI IGBO!!!
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Rhino5dm: 6:18am On Feb 03, 2012
They are celebrating a man that they left to die like house fly in the hospital?

1 Like

Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Rhino5dm: 6:23am On Feb 03, 2012
Lemme quickly narrate this small story.

There was an incident that took place between an Igbo man and his kinsmen around 2007. The man was very active in their community activities, until he was strucked by serious health predicament, which made him to be admitted in the hospital. His kinsmen abandoned him (just like Ojukwu, Ikemba wuruwuru)in the hospital with piled up medical bills without even a single well wishing.

To cut the long story short, he got better and the doctor demanded for the payment before he would be discharged. So, this Igbo man after a thought decided to fake his death, he told the doctor to transmit the massage of his death to his kinsmen, which the doctor did.

The next morning they quickly came to the hospital dressed in black, some wore red cap decorated with twin-white feathers, wailing, shouting and displaying some funny demostration(just like the way they are doing all over internet to Ikemba wuruwuru), well prepared to claimed the corpse of the supposedly dead brother. The doctor told them about the pending medical bills, equally made it known to them that all bills must be settled before he can released the corpse of this supposedly dead fellow. The went back and came with the money and made full payment.

They said it is an abomination for them not to be able to send the corpse of their brother home for burial. shocked

The doctor on his own wisdom inflated the bill, having noticed how eager they are to take the corpse.

Finally,
He went in to the mortuary, where the supposed dead brother is and told him about the latest development. He handed the guy the extra cash (which he scammed out the village foools)and told him to go and meet his people(winner winner situation). When the guy finally appeared they all took to their heels, thinking he was a ghost.(funny animals). This was a man they left to rot in the hospital with care, yet cmade full payment to claim his corpse.

Back to the topic. . . .why do Igbos like celebrating dead bodies? Are they vultures?? I mean you have to be either be a vulture, hyena or some maggots to enjoy seeing dead bodies. shocked
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Rhino5dm: 6:27am On Feb 03, 2012
[size=28pt]He was left to die like a rat in the hospital, while peter obi quickly took over his wife? [/size]
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Rhino5dm: 6:41am On Feb 03, 2012
They are fighting over the weath of the poor sod, even before he died.
If Ikemba wuruwuru 1 could be treated in such a callous manner, what is the fate of other leaders?

Nigeria: Ojukwu's Brother, Wife Feud Over Property

Lagos — As former Biafran leader Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu recuperates in a London
hospital, his former abode at No. 29 Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi, Lagos has become a
source of controversy as his younger brother, Lotanna Ojukwu and his wife, Bianca fight
over ownership.

The property valued at about N500 million was left behind by late Sir Louis Phillipe Odumegwu Ojukwu, the family's patriarch. Trouble started when Lotanna, in company of two aides visited the house on an inspection tour. Daily Trust gathered that the security guard protecting the property prevented Lotanna from carrying out the inspection, and that in the commotion that followed, the main gate leading to the house was pulled down.

Our correspondent reports that the tussle over the Ikoyi property where the former war lord resided before he moved to Enugu 12 years ago, has become a source of concern to residents of the area as stern looking members of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) have moved into the area. It was gathered that Bianca objected to the decision taken by the board of the family's transport company to effect repairs on the property, saying the house belongs to her sick husband while the board is insisting that the property is owned by the company
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by onenewman: 7:38am On Feb 03, 2012
@ OP
Guy! what is your problem with Igbo people on NL. tribal bashing is lame my brother; stop disrespecting other people's heroes. yoruba are highly respectful people, we dont go around insulting elders but you guys on NL do it consistently. stop all this bullshit you are saying about Chief Ojukwu. Pls, for the love of God, stop! I dont know why the mod allow the posts from bigots like you (Rhino.), negro_,nchara, phreakabit, wil2wily,dayokanu, bashr8 and others to go unscreened. we do not need this crap you guys spout here everyday. the mod needs to shut rubbish like this down. we are all adults and common sense demands we act like one. FYI, am yoruba and i dont share any of this bigotry sentiments. i love my nigerian people.
Good day.
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Rhino5dm: 7:46am On Feb 03, 2012
Why was he left alone to die like a rat,only to turn around and start shouting?
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Rhino5dm: 8:04am On Feb 03, 2012
Time to shed more crocodile's tears.

[flash=500,500]http://www.youtube.com/v/=pSWN6Qj98Iw[/flash]
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 03, 2012
your mama left nyansh angry
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 03, 2012
phreakabit:

[size=16pt]Guys please quote this post so that everyone can see it. Lets do it in memory of Pa Awo. [/size]
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cool cool cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by eghost247(m): 8:54am On Feb 03, 2012
ok
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by success4(m): 9:00am On Feb 03, 2012
What a nonsense thread!
If it makes sense to you, then reply by showing your foolishness
I think it is high time we ignored any obnoxious thread like this embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Okijajuju1(m): 9:00am On Feb 03, 2012
I haff died with laugh o!!  grin

Chai!!

This Rhino fellow na proper douchebag.  grin

Whatever did we Igbos do to you?! I may not like the man called Ojukwu, but still bros you are ging too far with this.

Let the dead bury their dead. Thank you.

Alusi OkijaTMAgu ji egbe 1 of Nairaland.
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 03, 2012
the moderator is the foolish one not rhino. How can a thread like this make the front page?
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 03, 2012
phreakabit:

LWKDM, una no go kill person grin
Re: In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi by 1virus(m): 9:07am On Feb 03, 2012
Now am convince that u are IGBOGLOBIM positive. Bcus of IGBO u no sleep. Commenting and replying alone. SORry, NDoo,PElee.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ms. Ann Kio Briggs: ‘jonathan Has Disappointed Nigerians’ / PDP Crisis: Sheriff Faction Seeks Indefinite Adjournment Of Appeals / Dapchi Girls Abduction: Hold Presidency Responsible - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.