Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,260 members, 7,807,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? (15483 Views)

Souvenir Shared At A Wedding Ceremony(photos) / Hall Decoration With Chairs Covered For 300 Guest Just N75, 000. / Hall Decoration With 300 Chairs Covered For Just N75,000! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by benlay(m): 7:20am On Oct 16, 2007
is #75,000 not too much for a wedding gown?i dont think spending that much on a dress meant 4 one day is reasonable.
What do u think?
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by pejubaby(f): 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2007
Thats just too much infact Three much.
I know its good to LOOK NICE on your day but spending that much, i dont think its wise spending that much on

WEDDING GOWN.

Pardon me. some might skin me, Anyway that's my own opinion.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by queenbee2(f): 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2007
Uhmm, Me think it all depend on d size of yr pocket, If u n yr man's got d dough, baby spend it,it's your day.Once in a life time thing I think undecided

But if u've got better things to do wit yr dough, wel then dont over do it o, Jus mak sur yr coat fits yr size
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by omogenaija(f): 10:35pm On Oct 16, 2007
thats actually cheap , i thought dress were @ least $1000 plus

@poster
just b/c the wedding is only one day doesnt mean you shouldnt go out of ur way , its one day but one day that you will never forget

1 Like

Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Zbridals: 2:14am On Nov 04, 2007
To make the best SAVE for your wedding, (infact a lot less than half of N75,000.00),
RENT a wedding gown from Zee bridals.
All gowns imported
All colours and sizes.
Each gown comes with a veil, bolero, hair accessories and gloves
Bridal make over available

SAVE NOW! contact Zee
zeebridals@yahoo.com
zeebridals@gmail.com

Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by benlay(m): 7:53am On Nov 04, 2007
most ladies dont like to rent gown,u know
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by suze(f): 8:26am On Nov 04, 2007
of course its not too much.Its a wedding, not a dinner and some dinner gowns are evn costlier that that
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:57am On Nov 10, 2007
i don't think its too much, a lady needs to look good on that day you know cheesy, and you need a perfect dress. most good dresses come expensive.

Moreover i don't think most ladies want to wear gowns other ladies have worn on their wedding day(rent), i fall in this class of ladies, my gown must be new.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Busta(f): 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2008
I think we talking about naira here not dollars oh shocked

Not too much abeg!
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Cawley: 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2008

1 Like

Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by yongbabe(f): 7:16pm On Apr 11, 2008
no amount is too much to spend,
on the supposed happiest day of a woman's life wink
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 21, 2008
@topic

N75000 too much ke? to me its too little abeg,compared to the one my husband bought for me,its a once in a life time thing o jare,so even if u spend one million no be sin
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by bluehorizo(m): 9:19pm On Apr 21, 2008
And after the wedding day what becomes of the gown? Will you continue to wear it everyday or take it to the museum? Waste of money.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Uche2nna(m): 9:20pm On Apr 21, 2008
It makes no sense. U are only gonna wear it once undecided
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Dreloaded(f): 9:20pm On Apr 21, 2008
bluehorizo:

And after the wedding day what becomes of the gown? Will you continue to wear it everyday or take it to the museum? Waste of money.

daughters can wear it or she can turn it inrto a summer dress.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Uche2nna(m): 9:25pm On Apr 21, 2008
D-reloaded:

daughters can wear it or she can turn it inrto a summer dress.

By the time the daughter of the bride is old enuff to wear the apparel wont it be out of fashion or out of date or sumnin'. Women's fashion tends to be very dynamic.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by bluehorizo(m): 9:26pm On Apr 21, 2008
D-reloaded:

[b]daughters can wear it [/b]or she can turn it inrto a summer dress.

Good. I wonder why she did not go get her momma's gown instead of investing in a new gown.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 21, 2008

how can wat i wore on the most important day of my life be a waste of money,how can wat i wore on the day my life as a woman was partially complete be a waste of mone ? i dont think so

It makes no sense. You are only going to wear it once

once but its worth it,cos thats a day dat changes d status of a woman
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 21, 2008

Good. I wonder why she did not go get her momma's gown instead of investing in a new gown.

my dear its an individual thing
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by bluehorizo(m): 9:32pm On Apr 21, 2008
jennykadry:

how can what i wore on the most important day of my life be a waste of money,how can what i wore on the day my life as a woman was partially complete be a waste of mone ? i don't think so

Do you mean your wedding the day is the most important day of your life? What about yhe day you conceived? What about the day you gave birth to your first child? There are lot of Most Important days my dear.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by bluehorizo(m): 9:33pm On Apr 21, 2008
A wedding is just a formality and not really important.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 21, 2008

Do you mean your wedding the day is the most important day of your life? What about yhe day you conceived? What about the day you gave birth to your first child? There are lot of Most Important days my dear.

yes ,my wedding day was d most important day of my life,others come after it,tell me ,wtout me getting married wouldnt it be a taboo if i conceive out of wedlock?wont pple send side remarks at me,for not been patient until im married to take in?my dear the wedding day makes it very legal for a girl to conceive,or would u rather prefer if women conceive wtout wedding?and any woman dat conceives wtout a wedding,is always marked bad.

1 Like

Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Uche2nna(m): 9:38pm On Apr 21, 2008
bluehorizo:

What about yhe day you conceived? What about the day you gave birth to your first child? There are lot of Most Important days my dear.

Well if everything went according to plan, u are suppposed to get married before u concieve not to talk of giving birth. Getting married is the spark that sets of these chain reaction opf things. Maybe thats why women see it as thier most important day.

However, one wont go breaking the bank in investing in stuff that wont even be of use the very next day. I believe U should only spend what U think u can afford to lose on a wedding ress. So maybe it is an individual thingy. How much can U afford to lose?
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 21, 2008
A wedding is just a formality and not really important.

it is very important ,cos dats d day both the man and d woman ,swears to an oath of (i do) before God and Man,facing d altar
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 21, 2008

Well if everything went according to plan, u are suppposed to get married before u concieve not to talk of giving birth. Getting married is the spark that sets of these chain reaction opf things. Maybe thats why women see it as their most important day.

my point exactly
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by bluehorizo(m): 9:45pm On Apr 21, 2008
I know of some couples that spent their life savings just because they wanted to impress on their wedding day and immediately after the wedding there was nothing to fall back on. Maybe the lesson should be buy your gown according to your purse and not because it is the Most Important day.

jennykadry:

it is very important ,because that is d day both the man and d woman ,swears to an oath of (i do) before God and Man,facing d altar

I did not say it is not important but not necessarily that you buy a gown of N75k just for the purpose.

1 Like

Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 21, 2008

I did not say it is not important but not necessarily that you buy a gown of N75k just for the purpose

dats y i said if d guy can afford it ,then he should buy it and if he can afford more than dat no problem,it all depends on d guys pocket
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Uche2nna(m): 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2008
bluehorizo:

I know of some couples that spent their life savings just because they wanted to impress on their wedding day and immediately after the wedding there was nothing to fall back on. Maybe the lesson should be buy your gown according to your purse and not because it is the Most Important day.

I did not say it is not important but not necessarily that you buy a gown of N75k just for the purpose.

I have seen couples like that too.

There was one that got married around my neighbourhood (in Naija). His wedding was very posh and he invited almost everybody that lived in the neighborhood. A few months after the wedding , the woman was heavy with pregnancy. But she still has to go to the market to buy stuff to cook dinner for hussy. If u see the woman pushing her belly and walking thru the market, U would really respect women. I dont know what happened, but one day she fainted in the market. She could not bear the hot sun.

It got me thinking. Wouldn't it be better if the man had an ok wedding and used the remainder of the money to buy a car for his wife? That would have saved the woman a whole lot of trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by tuk2neaty(f): 10:02pm On Apr 21, 2008
well, is not everyday that a gal walks into a room and everbody will be like whoooooooooo she is beautiful! snice the gal is going to be the center of attraction, i think she deserve all the gud things she can. #75k on a wedding gown is not too much if the money is there, i mean is not eveyday that one gets to wear a #75k  gown.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Uche2nna(m): 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2008
If U are pretty enuff for ur hubby to take u on a walk down the aisle , then thats all that matter . U dont really need a 1 million dollar dress to prove that.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2008

If You are pretty enough for your hubby to take u on a walk down the aisle , then thats all that matter . You don't really need a 1 million dollar dress to prove that

if d guy can afford it and does not complain,i dont see any big deal in wearing a 5 million naira gown,come on its a day of joy for both d man and d woman
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Dreloaded(f): 2:45am On Apr 22, 2008
bluehorizo:

what if her momma didnt have a gown? Mine didnt. She did court wedding and traditional so there's no "gown" to inherit

and some dresses are classically styled that anyone can wea it again no matter the era. afterall in some families, wedding rings are passed down from generation but they are usually unique and worth alot.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coporate Dj/mc Ben Jack In Lagos@ A Token. / 100 Million Budget: How The Very Rich Stage Fabulous Weddings / 10 Activities That Make Christmas A Memorable Experience In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.