Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Help! Ma Modem No Longer Recognises Sim Card! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! Ma Modem No Longer Recognises Sim Card! (19247 Views)

Complete Ku Vsat Equip.(1.2mtr Dish,3w Buc,lnb + Idirect Modem) @ No Cost! / Pls Help, Ma School Has Blocked Facebook And Other Social Networking Site / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Ma Modem No Longer Recognises Sim Card! by Emmanbaba: 9:52am On Feb 03, 2012
House pls help, my huawei modem no longer sees ma sim. Whether there is a sim inside or not, it shows thesame thing. The modem still starts normally but doesn't show the network bars. When i click connect, it says d device has been disconnected or not available. Help o,
Re: Help! Ma Modem No Longer Recognises Sim Card! by Kaygeminix(f): 10:30am On Feb 03, 2012
remove the settings from 3g only and check
Re: Help! Ma Modem No Longer Recognises Sim Card! by Emmanbaba: 12:48pm On Feb 03, 2012
@kaygeeminix, thanks for the reply. I'm in a 3g-covered area, same area i've been using the modem for a while. CONNECT keeps giving me 'device disconnected or not available'
Re: Help! Ma Modem No Longer Recognises Sim Card! by Kaygeminix(f): 12:56pm On Feb 03, 2012
ok try reinstalling the software in safe mode
Re: Help! Ma Modem No Longer Recognises Sim Card! by Emmanbaba: 2:57pm On Feb 03, 2012
Ehm, pls what's SAFE MODE??
Re: Help! Ma Modem No Longer Recognises Sim Card! by Kaygeminix(f): 7:50pm On Feb 03, 2012
when u turn on d system, tap f8, a screen comes up, then u can select safe mode
Re: Help! Ma Modem No Longer Recognises Sim Card! by doziej84: 3:27am On Feb 05, 2012
pls who knows what internet settings i can use for a Glo sim in a universal modem,
i need glo Apn.
glo username,
glo password,
and connect name etc which i can input into the settings.

thnks
Re: Help! Ma Modem No Longer Recognises Sim Card! by Emmanbaba: 8:18am On Feb 05, 2012
I finally give up on the modem. In safe mode, there was successful installation(as also in normal mode) but still didn't show service bars. Worst of all, modem-detecting softwares don't even detect it.
@kaygeminix, thanks for your help!
Re: Help! Ma Modem No Longer Recognises Sim Card! by sparrowkid: 2:27am On Feb 12, 2012
Well before you give up on the modem, you may try this:
First of all, it may be a hardware problem. Remove all the screw from the modem. Plug it to your system without any casing and then use your screw driver or any other metal to touch the four pins that soldered the usb port to the pcb.

Secondly, probably it might arise as a result of damage to the usb port connector on the modem. Take it to the handset repair engineer and ask him to help you heat it with his workstation.

This solved my problem, I hope it helps you too.

1 Like

Re: Help! Ma Modem No Longer Recognises Sim Card! by Adanyebe(m): 11:41am On May 02, 2013
[1] 1ST MAKE SURE THE SIM IS PROPERLY INSERTED
[2] MAKE SURE YOUR MODEM IS UNLOCKED OR YOU'RE USING THE RIGHT SIM
[3] MAKE SURE U USE THE APPROPRIATE APN SETTINGS FOR YOUR HUAWEI OR ZTE DEVICE
[4] TRY REINSTALLING THE SOFTWARE OR DASHBOARD IN SAFE MODE
[5] MAKE SURE YOUR FIREWALL IS NOT BLOCKING YOUR MODEM SOFTWARE TO CONNECT DIRECTLY TO THE INTERNET
[6] MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A DATA PLAN THAT IS ACTIVE FROM EITHER GLO, ETISALAT, MTN, OR AIRTEL E.T.C
[7] THEN YOU CAN TRY OTHER SIMS TO CHECK IF IT IS SIM PROBLEM. NOT ALL SIMS CAN BROWSE
[8] CHECK IF MORE THAN ONE MODEM IS INSTALLED ON YOUR SYSTEM AND DELETE THE ONES YOU DON'T NEED. YOU CAN DELETE THEM
BYDELETING THE MODEM SOFTWARE FROM CONTROL PANEL BY SIMPLY UNINSTALLING THEM.
[9] YOU CAN RESTART YOUR SYSTEM AND TRY CONNECTING ONCE AGAIN
[10] FINALLY YOU CAN EITHER FLASH AND RE-INSTALL THE MODEM FIRMWARE OR DO AN UPDATE.

YOU CAN CHECK THIS LINK FOR MORE http://browsingcheat..com/2013/04/must-read-unlock-huawei-and-zte-modem.html

(1) (Reply)

Putting A Laptop On Your Lap Linked To Male Infertility And Skin Discoloration / I Forgot The Password To My Laptop, Pls Help / How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.