Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation (6395 Views)

Delta Okays N37.3bn For Osubi Airstrip Upgrade / Kwankwaso Demanded N1.3bn For Own House / Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by surfaceD: 10:02am On Feb 03, 2012
NDDC budgets N1.3bn for fumigation

Written by Turaki A. Hassan Friday, 03 February 2012 05:02

inShare.0SocButtons plugin36
The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) budgeted a whopping sum of N1.3 billion on fumigation of its premises and another N2.2bn to organise seminars in the 2011 fiscal year, according to details of the commission’s budget approved by the National Assembly.

President Goodluck Jonathan presented the commission’s N250 billion budget for 2011 fiscal year to the legislature late in December, blaming the delay on leadership tussle in the NDDC.

The National Assembly speedily passed the budget after increasing it to N261 billion.

Details of the budget obtained by Daily Trust in Abuja showed that N1.3 billion was provided for the fumigation of offices in the commission’s headquarters in Port Harcourt and other offices elsewhere.

The NDDC headquarters is a nine-floor storey building, but Daily Trust could not confirm the number of offices in the structure.

Also, the budget provided N1.2 billion for “presidential project monitoring,” which an insider said is meant to be spent on hosting government officials who come visiting the NDDC offices and project sites.

The commission also got N1.8 billion to spend on traveling; N603 million for staff training; N550 million for international conferences; and N759 million for project consultancy.

Vehicle running cost got N794 million and N174 million was provided for vehicle maintenance.

Payment of insurance by the commission gulped N550 million; N550 million is for donations; N638 million for security; and N682 million for hotel bills.

Other expenditure are N308 million for publicity, N160 million for legal expenses, N44 million for entertainment and N394 million for community relations.

Telephone bills got N402 million, N70 million voted for project monitoring and N361 million for corporate affairs.

Also, N2.865 billion is set aside for the headquarters of the agency without specifying the expenditure items.

NDDC was set up in 2001 as an interventionist agency to help address the alleged underdeveloped of the oil rich Niger Delta region.

But it has not met up expectations of people in the region despite receiving hundreds of billions of naira annually.

The agency has also been dogged by in-fighting, boardroom squabble and unproven allegations of corruption.

NDDC was under the Presidency until the creation of the Ministry of Niger Delta in 2009, when the commission was transferred to the ministry.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=153907:nddc-budgets-n13bn-for-fumigation&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by kunlekunle: 10:23am On Feb 03, 2012
how much goes to developing the region?
this managing democracy, not practicing democracy
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2012
So bleeping sick and tired of this country!!!
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by mkmyers45(m): 2:30pm On Feb 03, 2012
1.3bn my a.s.s wtf is wrong with us? Bombling idiots  undecided
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by niddamugu(m): 2:31pm On Feb 03, 2012
Na wao, Is this how the money flows? Why am i still on my damn desk working for peanuts? Somebody should show me the way to these "money mines" and let me scoop my share. Meanwhile, on this matter, i'm available for hiring - let me just come and observe that's all.
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by Woke4all(m): 2:34pm On Feb 03, 2012
Blood of God shocked shocked
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by GeneralGEJ: 2:34pm On Feb 03, 2012
Na their money - so let them spend as they please.

phock y ' all
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by blackboi(m): 2:35pm On Feb 03, 2012
Keep it up: The wrath of God is in the house of thieves cool
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by highland(m): 2:36pm On Feb 03, 2012
The corruption in this country are the civil servants and govt officers parading as saint.
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by Change2011: 2:41pm On Feb 03, 2012
Goodness!!!, waste and corruption runs in the blood. Niger Delta is still going to be crying till next millennium if we continue in this mess.

Gosh!
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by julioralph(m): 2:43pm On Feb 03, 2012
1.3 billion for fumigation? Abeg shey na Vampire dey inside d office dem?
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by GeneralGEJ: 2:45pm On Feb 03, 2012
Dont you know we have to fumigate against the spirt of righteousness.
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by julioralph(m): 2:49pm On Feb 03, 2012
@GeneralGej you must b one of those looting our resources abi?
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by overkillR(f): 2:57pm On Feb 03, 2012
E reach to ask o!
julioralph:

Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by Ninapha(f): 2:59pm On Feb 03, 2012
julioralph:

grin grin grin grin

GeneralGEJ:

Dont you know we have to fumigate against the spirt of righteousness.
cry cry cry

but thats how bad it is. 9ja 9ja
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by numo86(m): 3:00pm On Feb 03, 2012
nigeria na mad country ooo, imagine if the chairman of nddc jus thief 10 billion naira for himself,no be hammar be that?, and can y'all believe that i know this chairman of nddc 1 on 1?, my own i go jus go meet am to nak me 1 job space, becos this country na on God go fit end this madness, 250billion naira??, thats jus goin to incite much embezzlement
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by Pukkah: 3:01pm On Feb 03, 2012
Something has to give in this country.  Something just has to give.  Things have spiralled out of control.
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by buzor(m): 3:02pm On Feb 03, 2012
*crying for my country*
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by jeebz: 3:07pm On Feb 03, 2012
The same way their own leaders rip them off, remember Alamiyseigha. Last the Traditional ruler from the region stated that the Ministry of Niger Delta claiming that 57billion allocated in the 2012 budget is paltry. When the N.D.D.C spends 1.2 billion on fumigation haba just to kill rats , cockroaches and mosquitoes. Oti po ju
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by pmarine: 3:12pm On Feb 03, 2012
julioralph:

cheesy, u r so funny, na witches and wizards dey the place o,
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by Pukkah: 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2012
Who can we now entrust money to in this country?

The Federal Government has failed us.

The state governments have disappointed us.

The Local Government Areas are a cesspool of corruption.

The Agencies and parastatals are waste pipes.

The elected officials are rotten.  The appointed ones are not better.  The Civil Service stinks.

Yet, we must entrust funds to some sort of government, agency or parastatals.

Has this problem not gone beyond what 'true federalism' or another style of government can solve?

And this is why I think that something just has to give. It has to.

It just has to. angry
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2012
I just laugh at these type of news these days. Vehicle running cost N794m, vehicle maintenance cost N174m. Lol.!
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by kay2000(m): 3:16pm On Feb 03, 2012
This is absolutely preposterous. My heart is bleeding for this country. How painful.
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by CuteTj(m): 3:24pm On Feb 03, 2012
naija is cursed with the spirit of CORRUPTION!
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by Okijajuju1(m): 3:29pm On Feb 03, 2012
Una want make rats and cocroaches chop their files?! angry

I support.
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by Pukkah: 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2012
CuteTj:

naija is cursed with the spirit of CORRUPTION!

It is too much corruption that makes a country fail. This is because the great part of the resources end up in private pockets at the expense of development of infrastructure - roads, health, education, security, water, power, etc.

What is the result when these infrastructure areas becomes totally neglected? A failed state!
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by GeneralGEJ: 3:36pm On Feb 03, 2012
See heart patients

you people will kill yourselves over Nigeria - and nothing will change.

In Nigeria we love corruption - THat how things work . Over Invoicing is the way governments gets money to the masses. grin
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by sheyguy: 3:41pm On Feb 03, 2012
Can anybody relate this with parasitism, resource control, fed allocation, or even ND millitancy struggle and its justification.

Beaf and co. where art thou?
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by wordychap: 3:50pm On Feb 03, 2012
de annoying thing is dis guys will only get bigger pot bellies, grow darker. . .o God, abeg help Niga, abeg, mopol co kil if pple try revolt, Baba God help
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by gentlegg(m): 3:57pm On Feb 03, 2012
Corruption and embezzlement is now endemic and genetic in this country. I keep saying it, i don't see any light at the end of this tunnel called Nigeria, only radical/violent revolution will overhaul this country for good. All this Badluck Jonathan's propaganda is just a different track of the same album still playing.
Re: Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 03, 2012
No mind them o jare. Ogas go chop from the contract and some militants

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hold It, Don't You Have Respect For Elders - Buhari Tells Wike / Chaugory:Tinubu Business Partner And 2nd Most Powerful Man In Lagos / EndSARS: Obaseki expands Judicial Panel of Inquiry, hails performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.