Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,802 members, 7,798,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! (28932 Views)

I Want To Copy Video To My Psp, How Will I Do It? / Please How Can I Downgrade My Psp Firmware From 3.51 To 1.50 / My PSP Screen Is Cracked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 16, 2007
Help Guys,

My cousin spilled water on my psp and I didn't find out until the next day. By this time the water had already seaped into the LCD she was still playing it. She gave it back to me when she noticed some keys weren't working anymore. She was so engrossed in the Vice City Stories and was pissed that the buttons were not responding. Thats when I saw water dripping from different openings.

I removed the batteries and water had entered the compartment. I removed the memory card and the UMD and water was everywhere. I decided to try to get rid of the water so I used a blow dryer. I was on the case for at least an hour until the water in the LCD and every visible opening was gone. But the buttons still don't work. When I put it on it showed the normal Welcome screen, then Set time and Date.

I decided to take it to Sony Plaza at Apapa. The guy there just said I should bother fixing it. I should just buy a new one cause the cost of repairs is almost the same as the price of a new one. I don't believe thats true. To me it looks like a simple problem. Please if anybody has an idea of what I can do or how damaged the game is please help me out. I bought it about 4months ago and it is still looks considerably new. I also just bought 2 new game (Need for speed underground and Vice City Stories) that I've just started playing.

Thanks for your replies.

Kempest
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by sniperwolf(m): 8:32am On Oct 17, 2007
Mine once had an analogue proplem that make it move freely on its on and it was fixed. Yours is just a button prob maybe try changing the rubber. Which of the buttons is not working
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 17, 2007
Its only the "X" button that seems to work. The directional keys don't work. The volume control, Home and Start work though. I can't navigate within the Date and Time setup page. Then, the down direction key is down permanetly coz the numbers are flickering out of control, and when u press "X" it selects a number so fast that u can't control it. Its quite random.
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by topeteadr(m): 10:03am On Oct 19, 2007
Go to saka tinubu or computer villa. What happened to mine was worse than your's
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 05, 2007
Hello peeps,

So far I'm yet to get any helpful hints and nobody seems to have had any problems like this before and solved it. I'm back in school now and hardly have anytime to travel all to way to lagos to fix it. Thinking about selling it as scrap and buying a new one.

Well, reply this thread if you've got any solutions for me.

Thanks
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by SeunT2(m): 10:13pm On Nov 18, 2007
I think you should just try and open your PSP,remove every them button even if it is possible for you remove the screen,remove it and put it under sun for like 30 minute, assemble it back,from there it my work,
Hope my suggestion is not stupid, take care
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by lexyman(m): 8:20pm On Nov 19, 2007
that's wot we do , we are into sales and repair and our prices are extremely good contact us on 8172906 for technical assistance
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 29, 2007
Thanks Seun and Lexyman. I'll holla at you later Lex
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by kokorunna(m): 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2007
Make sure the water is completely dried up and just buy another button.
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 30, 2007
Ok, Lexyman, about getting back to you. The number you posted don't seem to be complete. Please complete it and holla back. Won't mind you guy's help. Cheers.

Thanks to Kokorunna by the way. By I want to try as much as possible not to open the console myself. Peace.
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by PSPGOD(m): 7:46pm On May 30, 2009
Well i just let my psp sit for about a week and left it alone and now it works.
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by coolnaira: 8:32pm On May 30, 2009
@poster your case is a simple one has long as the PSP comes on and loads UMD's without no problems then its a piece of cake, the water that got into your psp must ve left dirt or dust after you dried the water using a dryer.

Take it to a repairer and tell him to open it and clean the rubber buttons and make sure they are clean and placed well before screwing back the game or if you can open your game then you can do it yourself, if you dont know how and you want to do it yourself let me know ok I will give u a manual or website how to open and repair PSP with guide lines, images. I got your mail, sorry I could not reply immediately.

This is Infoseye.
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by Infoseye(m): 8:40pm On May 30, 2009
Seun has activated my ID so am using Infoseye, @post follow my instructions and u will ve no problems.
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by dival247(m): 9:37pm On May 30, 2009
you can contact lexyman on this num 08023321050
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by PSPGOD(m): 2:55am On May 31, 2009
angry angry angry all my buttons work but the volume. p.s. im using my psp right now[/color] what do i do undecided sad angry[color=#990000]
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by C2H5OH(f): 2:59am On May 31, 2009
take it in for repairs.
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by PSPGOD(m): 3:18am On May 31, 2009
w£11 Ï dØÑt kÑÖw wh€rÊ 1 Χ¡!¡!!«»«»ªº
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by nich(m): 4:17am On May 31, 2009
just buy another one. that's why the company that produced it has not packed up. grin
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by PSPGOD(m): 3:29am On Jun 02, 2009
seriously, spend 169$ just because the volumes not working?YEA RIGHT! tongue cry angry undecided
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by C2H5OH(f): 4:09am On Jun 02, 2009
I would dash you mine, but it was a gift.
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by utotomi5(m): 8:55pm On Jun 03, 2009
Be careful If you want to open up your PSP yourself. If you open it and then close it back the analog will move freely on its own. There is a certain number of turns you have to turn the screws for the analog to work again. So I don't suggest opening it up yourself. Take it to a professional.
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by dondamie: 12:06am On Jun 20, 2009
kempest:

Help Guys,

My cousin spilled water on my psp and I didn't find out until the next day. By this time the water had already seaped into the LCD she was still playing it. She gave it back to me when she noticed some keys weren't working anymore. She was so engrossed in the Vice City Stories and was pissed that the buttons were not responding. Thats when I saw water dripping from different openings.

I removed the batteries and water had entered the compartment. I removed the memory card and the UMD and water was everywhere. I decided to try to get rid of the water so I used a blow dryer. I was on the case for at least an hour until the water in the LCD and every visible opening was gone. But the buttons still don't work. When I put it on it showed the normal Welcome screen, then Set time and Date.

I decided to take it to Sony Plaza at Apapa. The guy there just said I should bother fixing it. I should just buy a new one cause the cost of repairs is almost the same as the price of a new one. I don't believe thats true. To me it looks like a simple problem. Please if anybody has an idea of what I can do or how damaged the game is please help me out. I bought it about 4months ago and it is still looks considerably new. I also just bought 2 new game (Need for speed underground and Vice City Stories) that I've just started playing.

Thanks for your replies.

Kempest

I GUESS U'VE FIXED YOUR GAME AND TRY ALL THE OPTIONS YOU ARE GIVEN!!!!!!!! BUT IF STILL IS NOT WORKING YOU CAN CONTACT ME 0803004040 AND I WILL HELP YOU FIXED IT REASONABLY
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by Timsilver(m): 9:40am On Jun 20, 2009
Who is d undertaker dat dug dis long dead thread 4rm d grave?
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by Timsilver(m): 9:41am On Jun 20, 2009
Show urself b4 i expose u!
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by baekdoosan(m): 7:39am On Sep 14, 2009
Tim silver, it is I Baek Doo San. I challenge you to a match in the king of Iron Fist Tournament 6. Ha ha ha!!!
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by Timsilver(m): 8:46am On Sep 19, 2009
Baek doo san@i ignored dis thread 4 so long i never knew u were challengin me.Where r u? Lets rumble.
Re: My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! by Timsilver(m): 8:47am On Sep 19, 2009
Waitin 4 u?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Returns To EASports (FIFA 18) After Almost Ten Years. / Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? / Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.