Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,423 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! (12062 Views)

Please Advice. I Prefer Giving My Tithe To My Parent Because They Need It More / Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question) / The Firstfruit Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by OmoPastor(m): 8:52pm On Feb 03, 2012
am signing my check for my firstfruit this sunday and am very excited about it already.

have been doing this for the past 5 yrs and have never regretted it and have never suffered after doing it.

it may appear difficult but its worth it and you cannot out-give God anyway!

my year is secured financially and monies are locating me by free course unhindered, glory to God!
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by babyboy3(m): 9:34pm On Feb 03, 2012
Its good to know!!!

I did mine 2 months ago
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Acidosis(m): 10:10pm On Feb 03, 2012
omopastor, Whom are you giving that money, it is better to give that money to your parents or grandparents. They trained you with their hard earn money, now you want to give it to a sugar coated-talking & a tinted suit-wearing MOG.

Better to pay tithes, but which one is first fruit again?
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Goshen360(m): 10:28pm On Feb 03, 2012
And why do you have to bring it here to tell us before you even do it? I tell you the truth, you have your reward already before men. Do your giving in secret and your heavenly father that sees in the secret will reward you openly.

God have mercy.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by manmustwac(m): 10:41pm On Feb 03, 2012
goshen360:

And why do you have to bring it here to tell us before you even do it? I tell you the truth, you have your reward already before men. Do your giving in secret and your heavenly father that sees in the secret will reward you openly.

God have mercy.
he is trying to promote the giving of first fruits and wants wants everybody to be like him and dash money to our pastors. I'd rather send my money back home via western union they'd value it more than these already rich pastors.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by dare2think: 10:54pm On Feb 03, 2012
Acidosis:

omopastor, Whom are you giving that money, it is better to give that money to your parents or grandparents. They trained you with their hard earn money, now you want to give it to a sugar coated-talking & a tinted suit-wearing MOG.

shocked shocked shocked shocked

It is impossible!!!! I cant believe what I'm seeing shocked shocked

You the defender of Charlatans [/b]can come out with something so sensible. I'm amazed and glad. (There is hope after all)

Or is someone else using your Id?

On a more serious note, dude can you see why a lot of us come out detesting these [b]'sugar coated- talking & a tinted suit-wearing
MOG fraudsters' that have devised new methods of getting money off their innocent and pious congregation. Methods that Jesus never spoke about, what the hell is 'first-fruit', offer 7, 'first-five people' to bring £1000 and various conniving ways to extract money in the name of God.

I'm glad to see that you are noticing how the Church, which someone died for, has become a money-making mechanism.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by plaetton: 11:05pm On Feb 03, 2012
I doubt if this Op is giving anything. He is a reciever and not a giver.
Genuine givers dont promote their intention to give before doing so. Fishy.
looks like a snake oil salesman trying to promote his product.
If he had any christian blood running through his veins, he would look around him and give to the so many needy in his midst.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Goshen360(m): 11:36pm On Feb 03, 2012
plaetton:

I doubt if this Op is giving anything. He is a reciever and not a giver.
Genuine givers dont promote their intention to give before doing so. Fishy.
looks like a snake oil salesman trying to promote his product.
If he had any christian blood running through his veins,
he would look around him and give to the so many needy in his midst.

Right on the spot. True and genuine Christians don't advertise themselves to the world. The world knows them by their fruit and deeds. That is how the name Christians came to be, because they were acting and behaving like Christ.

God help us. Babylonian system had eaten deep into Christianity and people cant even see themselves in the mirror of God's word.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by PastorKun(m): 9:28am On Feb 04, 2012
Any discerning person should know by now that this 'omopastor' is a fraud with an agenda on this forum. His Ogas like joagbaje tried and where humilated on the forum. I don't think he would do better with his manipulative lies.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by bulksms247(m): 10:07am On Feb 04, 2012
So some people here knows about first fruit. That's the secret of success and who you gave it dosent matter at all, just drop it at the alter of God and you have fulfilled ur own part. Those that are looking into how Gods money is spent are drawing demselves bak rememba u can't fight for God.

Ride on broda with de first fruit though is hard to do b ut continue dats a secret money ritual for them that believes in the Lord. I missed my church own last sunday and I will be doing mine next sunday
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by ceejayluv(m): 10:11am On Feb 04, 2012
1st fruit Ko, Last Supper Ni,
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by freecocoa(f): 10:12am On Feb 04, 2012
So tithes and offerings are no longer enough? And I don't even understand this "first fruit" I thought its the first salary\wages or whatever you earn and its only given once.

Please explain it to me,anyone?
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Joagbaje(m): 10:17am On Feb 04, 2012
Acidosis:

That's a mistake most people do ,taking their first fruits to parents. Firsts fruits belongs to God. And first fruits is not for the pastor nor any giving. The only thing that belongs to a pastor are things specifically giving to the pastor. What people give in church belong to church and God.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 04, 2012
I guess your lucky pastor is salivating already. . .must feel great to have gullible devotees.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by FXKing2012(m): 10:32am On Feb 04, 2012
Pls leave the guy alone, it is in the Bible to give first fruit as well as tithe and offerings so I dont know what you guys problem is. This is why many people struggle in their lives - they dont give to God that which belongs to Him, they rob God and no man can rob God and escape.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by FXKing2012(m): 10:49am On Feb 04, 2012
Jesus said if you are a true follower of Him then u must suffer the things he suffered cos no servant is greater than his master. Jesus was called all sorts of names by the people of that time. They even accused Him of using the power of Baal to perform miracles.
Any pastor who is not being persecuted by being called names is not a true pastor.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by kasperone8: 10:53am On Feb 04, 2012
OmoPastor:

am signing my check for my firstfruit this sunday and am very excited about it already.

have been doing this for the past 5 yrs and have never regretted it and have never suffered after doing it.

my year is secured financially and monies are locating me by free course unhindered, glory to God!
If you are really interested in giving,you better go to SOS children's village in isolo rather than giving money to your already rich pastor and his family
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by GreyBeard: 10:56am On Feb 04, 2012
For the record, a lot of churches now encourage the giving of first fruit. That is 100% of your salary on the first month of the year. EVERY year.

OmoPastor:

My guy, give all you want to but if you are going to give then give for the sake of giving - and not for the sake of receiving. God is not a money-doubler!
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Joagbaje(m): 10:59am On Feb 04, 2012
kasperone8:

If you are really interested in giving,you better go to SOS children's village in isolo rather than giving money to your already rich pastor and his family

There are different kinds of givings in the bible , giving to the poor is only one of them. One giving does jot supplant the other. They all have their places.

Giving to ; The poor, parents, Man of God, offerings ,tithes, projects etc, we must do all.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by mekaboy(m): 11:06am On Feb 04, 2012
LOL, POSTER, GUESS WHAT, THE COMMENTS YOU HAVE RECEIVED IN THIS FORUM CONCERNING THIS YOUR FIRST FRUIT IS THE REWARD YOU WILL REAP FOR IT, SINCE YOU GIVE TO GOD AND COME AND TALK ABOUT IT, ALL U WILL REAP IS COMMENTS.

THE BIBLE SAYS THE LEFT HAND SHOULD NOT KNOW WHAT YOUR RIGHT IS DOING. SO THROUGH OUT THIS YEAR U WILL REAP COMMENTS. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Kaygeminix(f): 11:07am On Feb 04, 2012
i tot first fruit was done with the first salary undecided
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Thatdave(m): 11:08am On Feb 04, 2012
According to Jesus

"When you give with your right hand, Do not let your left hand know what you are doing"  - Jesus

The original poster has faulted this rule by boasting about his first fruit on nairaland and how long he has been paying his pastor, therefore

". . . i assure you, you have already got your reward" - Jesus
(that is to say that , the comments you receive here have become your reward instead.

Other verses you have to recall are:

[adapted]"When you fast , do not let anyone know you are fasting, dress up and look nice" - Jesus

[Adapted] "When you want to pray, dont start blaming God and justifying your self, pray with a broken heart and acknowledge your sins" - Jesus
(in the parable about the two guys who went to pray in church.

Meanwhile, the principle in the bible(old testament) is , pay one-tenth of your income for the feeding of the pastors and maintenance of the church.

All the other words of Jesus about giving reffer to giving of the poor.

However, because most pastors has made people to believe that when they give seed(bribe God) in the church it will be multiplied  sad
Greediness wont let most people give to the poor again, they just keep buying private jets for their pastors.

JESUS on how we will be judged on the last day according to how we helped the poor,

Referring to himself as all the poor people in need around us.
"For I was hungry and you gave me food,
I was thirsty and you gave me drink,
I was a stranger and you welcomed me,
I was Unclad and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me
.’

JESUS teaching that to succeed you have to give all you have to the poor and people around you, including all your services and life!

"Whoever wants to be first must be slave of all.
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served,
but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.
" -Jesus

JESUS teaching that if you expect to make so much money , share the ones you have to others
"So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets." - Jesus

JESUS teaching that the second greatest commandment apart from obeying God's
commands is to help the people around you as much as you help yourself

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets." - Jesus

Next time your pastor tells you about first seed, his pocket, his private jet and bla bla bla
Ask him what Jesus said about it.

Jesus Teaching that Twisting the Bible is damn dangerous

"I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin." - Jesus

So OP, here is your reward already, so go ahead and waste your money.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by bulksms247(m): 11:17am On Feb 04, 2012
I will try to be explaintory here but before then, some read Exodus 23:16. God does not lie.

First fruit is hard to do and many pastors don't teach for fear of losing their members but frm what my pastor taught me about it I will try to explain here.

First fruit is the first money that comes into your hand from your business on the first business day of the year, all your profits that day is your first fruit.

For non working people like students, your own first fruit is the first money that entered into your hand as a gift in a year.

For salary earners; your first fruit is your first salary after you might have removed your expenses from the salary, what ever remains is your first fruit, that is the bitter truth.

For people that do farming, your first fruits is first harvest u got from ur farm or the first gain you made from selling the first harvest from ur farm in a year.

Same applies to all endeavours of life.

Just like exodus 23:16.

Thanks
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by osaroodion(m): 11:22am On Feb 04, 2012
the bible says that the things of the spiritual are canal to the natural man. first fruit is a must for every child of God-non negotiable. mine will be on the alter on Sunday. I love GOD.shalom
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by DGIPLUS(m): 11:24am On Feb 04, 2012
Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. -Matt.6:1-4
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by staggerman(m): 11:25am On Feb 04, 2012
No man can take new wine and put into old wine skin, cos the wine skin will burst and the wine will spill and be lost.
No one can put the new creature into an old covenant law/practice.

The old belong to the old, and the new belongs to the new.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Thatdave(m): 11:27am On Feb 04, 2012
osaroodion:

the bible says that the things of the spiritual are canal to the natural man. first fruit is a must for every child of God-non negotiable. mine will be on the alter on Sunday. I love GOD.shalom

Why not give to the poor in the streets directly. One thousand naira can feed a begger for 10 days!

So why give to the pastor?

Because he has told you that god will multiply it in some days!
Ding!
Pastor ko, 419 ni.
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by Enigma(m): 11:27am On Feb 04, 2012
Preaching giving first salary of the year as "first fruit" and into "church" is preaching January salary stealing! It is usually done by fraudulent pastors whose "god" is their belly, whose consciences have been seared, who see "godliness" as a means to financial gain and who care not for biblical truth or the genuine welfare of their flock.

In other words: preaching "first fruits" is usually done by THIEVES!  wink

cool
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by GreyBeard: 11:32am On Feb 04, 2012
bulksms247:

I will try to be explaintory here but before then, some read Exodus 23:16. God does not lie.

First fruit is hard to do and many pastors don't teach for fear of losing their members but frm what my pastor taught me about it I will try to explain here.

First fruit is the first money that comes into your hand from your business on the first business day of the year, all your profits that day is your first fruit.

For non working people like students, your own first fruit is the first money that entered into your hand as a gift in a year.

For salary earners; your first fruit is your first salary after you might have removed your expenses from the salary, what ever remains is your first fruit, that is the bitter truth.

For people that do farming, your first fruits is first harvest u got from ur farm or the first gain you made from selling the first harvest from ur farm in a year.

Same applies to all endeavours of life.

Just like exodus 23:16.

Thanks

I hear you. But many churches now preach that the first fruit for a working man or woman is 100% of your Janurary salary as security for good finances for the rest of the year. That is 100%. Without deductions for expenses, rent, food etc.

Pastor Joagbaje is this not true?
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by victorian(f): 11:33am On Feb 04, 2012
This post made me flash back to lastyr, when i was completly broke & buisness i s was tryn to complete was in standstill & i cudnt even afford to buy drugs,when i was ill at that time. So, i called a friend of mine that i thought was my good friend & asked him to borrow me some money & i will pay back in 3wks time. He bluntly refused & said, he is sowing his salary for 1st fruit & dat he cant give to me. I felt so bad & i askd him, if i was dying, u will prefer to let me die & sow yur whole salary as 1st f
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=862588.20;wap2
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by bulksms247(m): 11:44am On Feb 04, 2012
@grey beard, any pastor dat says dat is lieing, I have explained it aboce according to biblical standard. But there are something I didn't add. For apprentices maybe u went to de village and u were given money to start work plz dat money u re given to start work is not ur first fruit ooo hear dat one cause I knw sum pastors will ask u to sow it all, dat will be foolishness rather ur first fruit is de first profit u made frm de work u started with de moeny given to you
Re: Giving My Firstfruit This Sunday - So Exciting! by ajanaku2(m): 11:48am On Feb 04, 2012
. . .rather give to the Poor than enrich some Motherf.uckers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Don't You Eat Before Church? / How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? / Trust, Humility & Sacrifice - The Secrets Of The Wealthiest Men In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.