Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? (23443 Views)

Ize-Iyamu Replies Oshiomhole:How Much Did Dangote Contribute To Your Campaign? / Buhari Appoints Technocrats From The SS,SE And Politicians From SW / Igbobuofu.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by jason2010(m): 9:56am On Feb 04, 2012
nwabobo:

Dude, EMzor Pharmaceutials is owned by Chief Mrs Stella Okoli. Going by ur logic, since the corporate headuarters of Mobil and Chevron are in Lagos, Lagos state should then claim the proceeds from their operations.

Nwanne, you killed the whole argument with that one line  grin. Udo diri gi
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by karlmax2: 9:57am On Feb 04, 2012
Crude Oil:
Quote from: Rhino.4dm on Today at 09:36:58 AM

Dont be fooled by those Abakiliki boys hawking on the street of lagos or private shop owners selling fake drugs or pirated CD's.

show me one person in south east that have contributed to Nigeria like dangote, mike adenuga or wale tinubu. Go ahead

LMAO!!!

So people like Ekene dili Chukwu, Tony Ezenna of Orange drugs, Sam Ohabunwa, ABC motors and other major transporters, Coscharis, Ibeto etc are private shop owners?

Don't mind the mugu naming subsidy theif (wale tinubu) and people that are re investing money stolen from nigeria(adenuga) as people that has added value to nigeria notting wey we no go Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ for nairaland!!
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by buzor(m): 9:57am On Feb 04, 2012
is like these aboki almajiris dont watch nollywood any more. d spareparts used in their cars dey dnt know where its manufacturd. d car industry, innoson n anmco they dnt know where it is. d huge oil deposits untappd in anambra n imo. or d plastic industries.
i dnt ve time 2argue wit hungry amajiris
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by buzor(m): 10:04am On Feb 04, 2012
so if the core north contribute so much to d nigerian nation; why is it that POVERTY and all unthinkable DISEASES re stil devastating them over there.
ok may be they CURSED?

i cant stop laughing at d extent of ignorance exhibitd by d abokis and alhamajiris in this forum.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Rhino4dm: 10:05am On Feb 04, 2012
Here is what i scoop out from the internet. all those companies you posted are in south west mostly, as such there tax goes to south west NOT south east.

How much do south eastern states contribute the monthly cash being shared by governors in abuja

Corporate Head Office
Orange Drugs Limited
66/68 Town Planning Way
llupeju, Lagos
Tel: +234-1-7098147939,
Email: info@orangegroups.com, contactus@orangegroups.com

Abuja Corporate Branch Office
Gariki Ultra Modern II, Market,
Abuja, FCT.
Tel: 09-6725525
abuja@orangegroups.com

Onitsha Branch Office
70, Obodo Ukwu Road,
Onitsha ,
P.O Box: 765
Tel: 08191415090
onitsha@orangegroups.com

Corporate Offices Contact  
HEAD OFFICE/FACTORY - LAGOS
1-7 Cocharis Street,
Kirikiri Industrial Estate, Maza-Maza,
Lagos, Nigeria.
Tel : +234-1-774 4475, +234-709 876 7036
Email : info@coscharisgroup.net

BMW SHOWROOM/OFFICE :
68A, Adeola Odeku Street
Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Tel : +234 2624310-8

LANDROVER SHOWROOM/SERVICES CENTRE
Plot 1435, Sanusi Fafunwa Street
Victoria Island,Lagos
Nigeria.

FORD SHOWROOM/SERVICE CENTRE
27, Akin Adesola street, Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria

CHACOM MOTORS                              
242, Herbert Macaulay Street,
Yaba, Lagos.
Tel : +234 8023 0544 99

NEW ABUJA OFFICE: (AUTO SALES/SERVICES DIV)
Plot 388, Constitution Avenue, Central Business District
FCT, Abuja

PORT HARCOURT OFFICE:
242 Aba Road, Off Airforce Base
Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
Tel : +234 084 4634 65
Mobile : +234 8052 2522 3,+234 7023 0331 2,+234 8030 7568 89                                                          

OFFICE/WORKSHOP
Nwaniba Road,Idu
Uyo, Akwa Ibom, Nigeria.
Mobile : +234 8057 6231 71, +234 8050 2252 23

Crude Oil:

LMAO!!!

So people like Ekene dili Chukwu, Tony Ezenna of Orange drugs, Sam Ohabunwa, ABC motors and other major transporters, Coscharis, Ibeto etc are private shop owners?
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by buzor(m): 10:06am On Feb 04, 2012
so if the core north contribute so much to d nigerian nation; why is it that POVERTY and all unthinkable DISEASES re stil devastating them over there.
ok may be they CURSED?

i cant stop laughing at d extent of ignorance exhibitd by d abokis and alhamajiris in this forum.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by musiwa43: 10:11am On Feb 04, 2012
Rhino.4dm there are not talking about people.  There are talking abbout state.

Niger delta oil as they claim. Is not there. I just show you the satellite pictures by NASA.  It is oil marketers who go and buy oil and sell. My friend is a senior manager of one of the major oil company. So I know what is going on. This is why they killed Ken saro wiwa.

Ken saro wiwa got to know the truth about very oil in the nigeria.  So he too want to cash in on a silly govt that was telling lies about oil , so the nigeria govt killed.

The eastern state have to contribute to nigeria.

Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by nwabobo: 10:11am On Feb 04, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

@ bolded.
No one is arguing the ownership of Emzor, but hence there factory is located in south west, there tax is going to south west and NOT south east.

U r just making a mince meat of urself. U just answered the OPs question by your post above. Since these companies owned by South Easterners operate in various parts of the country and PAY THEIR TAX where they operate, is it not now clear that the South east contributes substatially to Nigeria? What we should be finding out now is how much do the contribute in terms of tax payments and others.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 04, 2012
Looking at the thread I could only see how docile most people and how tribal hate has damage their reasoning ability. Personally am not taking side but I think when discussing issues like this people should be objective given that a nice thread like this could be source of information to someone doing research. It is quite unfortunate that if someone who is truly looking for related info stumbles on this thread the person should be disappointed. The annoying thing is that am sure there are educated people on this thread who are making fool of themselves.
Meanwhile, I don't want to believe that most people that have been commenting on this thread are either to old or to dumb to remember that in every economy there are actually three types of industry which forms the whole bulk of the nations earning:

@ Topic:
I have to start by doing a refresher for some of the fellas who may be too old or may have skipped class the day this topic was taught in SS1, Economics class.

1. Primary industry ( Industry that extracts raw materials from the earth, such as coal, fish and wheat. Raw materials are mined, collected, grown or cut down.Examples coal mining, agriculture, oil extraction
2. Secondary Industry; Industry that processes primary products into manufactured goods.Examples car production, making tables
3.Tertiary Industry :Businesses that provide a service, either to individuals or to other businesses .Examples hairdressing, banking or solicitors, De-industrialisation. This refers to the change in the balance of the economy between the output of different types of industry. In the UK and other advanced economies there is NOW LESS PRIMARY INDUSTRY and MORE TERTIARY INDUSTRY. The UK has experienced the loss or decline of a number of established industries e.g. shipbuilding, mining .These have been replaced by a growth in the service sector e.g. leisure facilities, retail. People generally have more TIME and DISPOSABLE INCOME to spend on these options.

From the above am sure Nigerians will attest to it that the bulk of the SE contribution falls under tertiary industry. Also in terms of manpower development I am not sure if SE and SW ( not combined ) have more skilled labour than the West but I am quite certain they contribute more than the Northerners.

To the moderator: I suggest if you have to make a thread like this that is meant to be a joke or something or just for fun I think such thread should be marked as such and dropped in such section.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Rhino4dm: 10:12am On Feb 04, 2012
We equally have huge untapped bitumen deposit in Ondo state the fourth largest deposit in the world. Those are not what we want to know.

Tell us the amount of value the south east is contributing to Nigeria. e.g How much is coming from south east this amount as contribution to the federation accounts.

buzor:

is like these aboki almajiris dont watch nollywood any more. d spareparts used in their cars dey dnt know where its manufacturd. d car industry, innoson n anmco they dnt know where it is. d huge oil deposits untappd in anambra n imo. or d plastic industries.
i dnt ve time 2argue wit hungry amajiris
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by buzor(m): 10:14am On Feb 04, 2012
all the huge oil and gas deposits in anambra and imo state will be transferd to d core north so they ll be happy.
i keep on wonderin why these ppl re CURSED with
POVERTY
DISEASE of all kinds
TERRORISTS
SUICIDE BOMBERS
AMAJIRIS
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by zubeyr(m): 10:14am On Feb 04, 2012
Mend Terrorists

Ashawos

Drug trafficking

Arm robbery

Bad name to Nigeria

Kidnappers

Ritualist

Witchcraft
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by jason2010(m): 10:15am On Feb 04, 2012
Geeeee, can we just split the country? We will never get along. If we split, there wouldn't be any need for all these unnecessary debates about who contributes/produces what in Nigeria. It is best off we split it. My observation is that all those clamoring for one 9ja, are from tribes that keeps benefiting tremendously from this entity called Nigeria. One nation bound in freedom, peace and unity my a55.  It just ain't working.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by sheyguy: 10:21am On Feb 04, 2012
This thread has gone to three pages now with no reference. The moment we start using references to back up our argument then it becomes crystal clear who the real parasites are and what they bring to the table called Nigeria.
Who r those who cry for employement in oil company based on man-must-chop and where-am-from emotional feeling and excuses?
Who are those who bring in fake goods?
Who r those that don't manufacture nada, but split complete goods into components in china and assemble them in Nigeria with minimal labour, thereby shortchanging us in forex?
As we begin to answer these questions with references then it becomes too clear who the real parasites are. All they need do is spread out evenly to perpetrate their trade scam by selling fake goods that shortchanges Their customer in terms of value and Nigeria in forex. That's why u see them all over africa, they call it industrous but some of us know better, its called "economic or diplomatic parasitism".
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by nwabobo: 10:22am On Feb 04, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

We equally have huge untapped bitumen deposit in Ondo state the fourth largest deposit in the world. Those are not what we want to know.

Tell us the amount of value the south east is contributing to Nigeria. e.g How much is coming from south east this amount as contribution to the federation accounts.

The Nigerian Customs generated more than 600 billion naira in the year 2011. Customs generate revenue by way of collecting duties from importers and  more than 90% of importers in Nigeria are South Easterner. Figure out how much South Easterners contributed to the Federation account by way of import duties and related charges.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by buzor(m): 10:24am On Feb 04, 2012
i studied in uniben & ve several first hand rltship with d Yoruba yeriba ppl. d best they re good at is BACK STABBING.
d core norths re best known for their TERRORIST and SUICIDE BOMBIN desires.
i hate these 2 set of people with passion.
@op if u want to know wot d easts contributs come 2anambra
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by bulksms247(m): 10:26am On Feb 04, 2012
If you are talking about wot de SE contributes to Nigeria probably u haven't been 2 de places like Aba and Onitsha, de SE are cool businessmen that is based on importation of goods into Nigeria if u doubt me, go to ariaria market aba, u will see people frm de 36 states of Nigeria coming to buy goods which they inturn sells in their different states, go to lagos majority of de successful business men there are from the SE. Remove the SE from Nigeria and nigeria is doomed. Other states like imo state produces palm oil also. Other states like Imo, Abia, Anambra has oil but they has not allowed its exploitation by de Nigerian government, if you doubt me travel round de SE states u will change ur mentality.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Rhino4dm: 10:28am On Feb 04, 2012
Those collection are made where?? Tin can island, Lagos=south west or Idi iroko=South west.

nwabobo:

The Nigerian Customs generated more than 600 billion naira in the year 2011. Customs generate revenue by way of collecting duties from importers and  more than 90% of importers in Nigeria are South Easterner. Figure out how much South Easterners contributed to the Federation account by way of import duties and related charges.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by nwabobo: 10:31am On Feb 04, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

Those collection are made where?? Tin can island, Lagos=south west or Idi iroko=South west.

Going by your logic, I should also ask u if the payment for crude oil drilled in Ogoni land is made in Saro Wiwa's bedroom.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by buzor(m): 10:32am On Feb 04, 2012
Igbos contributed in d excess of 500billion to nigerian govt through importation alone.
go ask d nig. customs if doubt of d figures.
guess what our hausa brothers contributed in 2011; boko haram and suicide bombers
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Rhino4dm: 10:32am On Feb 04, 2012
So, dangote, Jimoh ibrahim, Otedola, wale tinubu, dantata, ben bruce, alex ibru, are all from south east Na war for you oo.

bulksms247:

If you are talking about wot de SE contributes to Nigeria probably u haven't been 2 de places like Aba and Onitsha, de SE are cool businessmen that is based on importation of goods into Nigeria if u doubt me, go to ariaria market aba, u will see people frm de 36 states of Nigeria coming to buy goods which they inturn sells in their different states, go to lagos majority of de successful business men there are from the SE. Remove the SE from Nigeria and nigeria is doomed. Other states like imo state produces palm oil also. Other states like Imo, Abia, Anambra has oil but they has not allowed its exploitation by de Nigerian government, if you doubt me travel round de SE states u will change ur mentality.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Valon4ego(m): 10:35am On Feb 04, 2012
it's quite interesting to note that the threads "what does the north contribute" and "what does the sw contribute" never made the front page but this one immediately does! No thanks to the moderators
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by buzor(m): 10:39am On Feb 04, 2012
can someone tell why at this age POVERTY SICKNESS and HUNGER is still ravaging the northern nigeria comparable with what obtained in dafur and somalia.
these people must be CURSED!!!
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by sheyguy: 10:39am On Feb 04, 2012
Mr. Igbos-are-importers, all ur goods are fake, they also shortchange Nigerians in value and forex because 90%+ of labour involved in those goods are foreiqners and nigerians pay multiple times to get those goods at all dve to failure. Overall the ibos r par*****s
buzor:

Igbos contributed in d excess of 500billion to nigerian govt through importation alone.
go ask d nig. customs if doubt of d figures.
guess what our hausa brothers contributed in 2011; boko haram and suicide bombers
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Rhino4dm: 10:42am On Feb 04, 2012
Looking for scape goatt?? Face the topic or scram!!

Valon4ego:

it's quite interesting to note that the threads "what does the north contribute" and "what does the sw contribute" never made the front page but this one immediately does! No thanks to the moderators
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by nwabobo: 10:42am On Feb 04, 2012
Rhino.4dm:

So, dangote, Jimoh ibrahim, Otedola, wale tinubu, dantata, ben bruce, alex ibru, are all from south east Na war for you oo.

In terms of human resources, this is a lil of what Anambra state alone has contributed;  

Nnamdi Azikiwe   First indigenous governor-general of Nigeria and first civilian president

Odumegwu Ojukwu  1st graduate to enlist in the Nigerian Army

Chinua Achebe

Emeka Anyaoku  Former commonwealth Secretary General

Cardinal Arinze  

Alex Ekwueme  1st executive vice president of Nigeria

Chuba Okadigbo

Dora Akunyili

Oby Ezekwesili

Chimamanda Adichie

P square

Philip Emeagwali

Power Mike (Best African Wrestler)

Chinyelu Onwura (Labour Party MP, UK)

Chuka Umunna (Labour party MP, UK)

Charles Soludo

Cosmas Maduka (Coscharis)

Cletus Ibeto

Mikel Obi

Nwafor Orizu (Nigeria's 1st senate presido)

Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu (1st African multi millionaire)

Chike Obi

Kenneth Dike (1st Nigerian VC of a university UI)

Ben Enweonwu

Pius Okigbo

Jerome Udoji

Cyprian Ekwensi

Osita Osadebe

Oliver de Coque

Augustine Ilodibe (Ekene DiliChukwu)

Samuel Okoye (First African Radioastronomist)

Bede Okigbo (Ex DDG of International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, Ibadan)

There are just too many of them to list. Can you please draw up a matching list from your state. Oya I'm waiting for the likes of Alh Harem to list theirs too.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 04, 2012
Valon4ego:

As king of the jungle wetin u expect? u want make them put Igbo matter for back, nope, Igbo matter most come first.  That's a gift bro, if you are one I guess you should learn to live with it, Igbos don't seek attention they'v got it!!
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 04, 2012
nwabobo:

In terms of human resources, this is a lil of what Anambra state alone has contributed;  

Nnamdi Azikiwe   First indigenous governor-general of Nigeria and first civilian president

Chinua Achebe

A wise lady once told me that, it is not everyone you enlighten. Trying to enlighten them is like the biblical account of giving a pearl to the pigs (Haram ) and I think people like Alj Haram, Beaf etc they are no different from the biblical pig.

Cardinal Arinze  

Chuba Okadigbo

Dora Akunyili

Oby Ezekwesili

Chimamanda Adichie

P square

Philip Emeagwali

Charles Soludo

Cletus Ibeto

Mikel Obi

Chike Obi

Ben Enweonwu

Pius Okigbo

Jerome Udoji

Cyprian Ekwensi

Osita Osadebe

Oliver de Coque

There are just too many of them to list. Can you please draw up a matching list from your state. Oya I'm waiting for the likes of Alh Harem to list theirs too.

Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Rhino4dm: 10:50am On Feb 04, 2012
You are not getting it. he said most of the sucessful business men in Lagos are igbos. Aliko Dongete for example is richer than the whole south eastern business men in Lagos put together.

Mike Adenuga nko?? Wale Tinubu nko?? Dantata nko??

nwabobo:

Chinua Achebe

Cardinal Arinze  

Chuba Okadigbo

Dora Akunyili

Oby Ezekwesili

Chimamanda Adichie

P square

Philip Emeagwali

Charles Soludo

Cletus Ibeto

Mikel Obi

Chike Obi

Ben Enweonwu

Pius Okigbo

Jerome Udoji

Cyprian Ekwensi

Osita Osadebe

Oliver de Coque

Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 04, 2012
@Nwabobo

A wise lady once told me that it not everyone that you should go out of your way to enlighten. Trying to enlighten them is like the Biblical story of giving a pearl to a pig. The likes of Alj Haram, beaf etc are just like the biblical pig.
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nchara: 10:52am On Feb 04, 2012
Dumb question as usual
The SE contributes:
Over 30% of the qualified human resources in Nigeria (education, quality labor force, sports, entertainment etc are people of SE origin). Without SE peoples there will be no super eagles, no female super eagles, no Nollywood, etc
Many of the professors in non-SE universities are Igbos
A significant % of university students all over Nigeria are Igbos, paying billions in IGR to fed and state govts in tuition
A significant % of self employed Nigerians are Igbos: self employment has contributed most in relieving the incompetent federal governments so far run by northerners ad SWner of the burden of providing jobs for the teeming population
Ebonyi is a food basket of Nigeria, which together with Benue and other food baskes save us billions in importation
Imo and Abia are among the oil and gas producing states- 80% of our foreign exchange comes from oil
Imo and Abia are among the 14 cocoa producing states====cocoa has become a good foreign exchange earner in recent times
Enugu has the highest coal reserve in Nigeria
Anambra has abundant oil and gas yet untouched
Igbos contribute in the development of other zones by building, conducting business, employing people from other places and paying taxes and other financial duties in those places
By being 80% of the importers who use the seaports, Igbos contribute to the second most important IGR earner in Nigeria: Custom and Exercise
By being 80% of those who use the international airports daily, Igbos sustain our airports in terms of money generation for the govt
Igbo researchers in Unudike, Abia states gave Nigera the first and only vitami A fortified cassava in Nigeria
Cassava is an important, if not the most important home staple in Nigeria. Research conducted by SE researchers in Umudike moved that crop to the level it is today
Igbos make the highest foreign remittance in Nigeria helping to alleviate poverty in Nigeria, even if in the SE.
Even though 2 SE states contribute in generating the oil money that sustains us, the SE collects the least amount of all zones in fed money, that makes us least dependent on the center
The SE (together withe the SS) has contributed least in the federal corruption and misgovervance in Nigeria. I can go on and on and on
Re: What Does The Ss/se Contribute To Nigeria? by Nchara: 10:53am On Feb 04, 2012
Lets see the SW match our contribution
What has teh SW contributed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

‘Treat Jonathan With Care; Falae, Anenih Too Old To Be Jailed’ – Sagay To Buhari / Saraki, Tambuwal At A Wedding Ceremony In Sokoto. Pics / Okorocha: God Will Judge Politicians,pastors And Court Judges First

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.