Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,616 members, 7,801,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued (2103 Views)

Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic / Abuja Capital Of Arewa Republic / Arewa Republic Changes Flag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by auwal87(m): 1:23am On Feb 04, 2012
This is a little gist as to the funny thing that happened when the Emirs and the Arewa Liberation Group met last week. Some of them were actually suggesting that the name of our new country should bear the name of Usman Dan Fodio, while some of them argue that the name Arewa should be retained.

They do have their reasons though of suggesting Fodio Islamic Republic (Jamhuriyar Musulunci ta Fodio), which is to accommodate the demands of Boko Haram to establish a fully Islamic state, the argument lasted for about 4 hours roughly and a second meeting was scheduled to decide on the name. Other sensitive issues discussed was the issue of Christians living in Arewa and the role they should play as minorities. The general agreement is that they will be allowed to practice their religion freely, but all forms of propagation will not be allowed. What makes it interesting is the fact that there is always a general agreement, apart from the name which I am sure they will decide soon.

This is an insider report lipsrsealed I do not expect it to be on the news headlines else I will be blamed, even though nothing will happen tongue I am just informing my NL southern friends to be informed on the current happenings. grin

It was really interesting, and they were all interested, as none opposed the idea of secession, we all feel oppressed as much as the southerners feel, or even worst.
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by efisher(m): 4:41am On Feb 04, 2012
Amen!
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by HighChief4(m): 4:56am On Feb 04, 2012
Good news. Good bye to almajiris

Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by ifyalways(f): 5:05am On Feb 04, 2012
High Chief,agwo gi na wislet gburu,o gbara mkpirisi ole?

E kwuna okwu,uche gi di ya only.A choro m ozi oma someday soon.
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by houvest: 5:46am On Feb 04, 2012
Source Please.
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by freegaza(m): 9:40am On Feb 04, 2012
No wonder they said is ok for the southerners to leave
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by musiwa43: 10:15am On Feb 04, 2012
I know blame them, after many years of scam of Niger delta oil, What do you see here. They import oil into nigeria.

Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by musiwa43: 10:32am On Feb 04, 2012
the whole idea of the shout of oil is to keep nigeria as one, What happen is that, nigeria govt is scared to collect taxes from nigerian. And even britian could not collect taxes from northerners.

So what happen is that Oil subsidy is use to collect taxes. So for every Oil shell or Oando oil go and buy abroad. The govt of nigeria collect taxes from it.

So the north dont really need the south. they can go buy their own oil and collect their taxes from it. Niger republic is doing the same.
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by auwal87(m): 1:09pm On Feb 04, 2012
musiwa,,.:

the whole idea of the shout of oil is to keep nigeria as one, What happen is that, nigeria govt is scared to collect taxes from nigerian. And even britian could not collect taxes from northerners.

So what happen is that Oil subsidy is use to collect taxes. So for every Oil shell or Oando oil go and buy abroad. The govt of nigeria collect taxes from it.

So the north dont really need the south. they can go buy their own oil and collect their taxes from it. Niger republic is doing the same.

You never need to say that. Our economy will be strong in so many ways!
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by ikeyman00(m): 1:16pm On Feb 04, 2012

^^^^ u never make sense to me and i never taken u seriously anyway

by the way how come the awos in Lagos are asking the non-yoruba indigines to leave lagos

is it the way odudu rep will been
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by ikeyman00(m): 1:21pm On Feb 04, 2012
@@@@

as for the poster sometimes i wonder if u are talking about the same northern nigeria or do u sniff coccaine

go to benue and call idoma hausa and watch the reaction

go to kogi and do the same

go to nassarawa and do the same and watch etc

now are u one of them that talk from the lap top just like ur bro become-ngbatti doing from canada

now north [size=28pt]what north[/size]
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by OK2NV: 2:00pm On Feb 04, 2012
What some people failed to recollect is the fact that the north first hoisted a flag for seccession before the British told them it will be utter folly to leave Nigeria now that they just discovered oil.  You see, back then oil was controlled more by the multi-nationals. It took one man, the late Qaddafi, to nationalize oil resource and other countries followed suit. You see, the British thot they could do business easier with a northern led Nigeria than an oxford educated, flamboyant and African Nationalist in the person of Ojukwu. The problem we face today and like almost every other part of the world where conflict exist can be traced to the British.
The British prevented Hitler from deporting the Jews to madagascar. The British knew about Aushwitz. The British prevented the creation of the state of Isreal and hurridly granted independence to Palestine. The British have occupied Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq. The British are the problem. If the German Reich had won the war, our world would have been different and maybe for the better.
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by ikeyman00(m): 2:04pm On Feb 04, 2012
^^^^^

history!!!!!

talk of now plz
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by OK2NV: 2:07pm On Feb 04, 2012
They (north) have stuck around this long for one thing only, oil money.
With GEJ that money supply has been cut. Come 2015 nah Igbo woman go be president (Ngozi) that time dem go shave their beer-beer.
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by OK2NV: 2:09pm On Feb 04, 2012
ikeyman00:

^^^^^

history!!!!!

talk of now plz
may your myopia not kill you. How can you trace today and tomorrow's path without the past?
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by ikeyman00(m): 2:23pm On Feb 04, 2012
^^^

and this is Nigeria of present we are talking about right

well we always know it good to dream but not all comes true!! at least there is something we all agree on
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by HighChief4(m): 4:14pm On Feb 04, 2012
ifyalways:

Udo di. cool cool cool
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by icez: 6:29pm On Feb 04, 2012
Thats good for them. cool
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by Obiagu1(m): 7:16pm On Feb 04, 2012
auwal87:

This is a little gist as to the funny thing that happened when the Emirs and the Arewa Liberation Group met last week. Some of them were actually suggesting that the name of our new country should bear the name of Usman Dan Fodio, while some of them argue that the name Arewa should be retained.

They do have their reasons though of suggesting Fodio Islamic Republic (Jamhuriyar Musulunci ta Fodio), which is to accommodate the demands of Boko Haram to establish a fully Islamic state, the argument lasted for about 4 hours roughly and a second meeting was scheduled to decide on the name. Other sensitive issues discussed was the issue of Christians living in Arewa and the role they should play as minorities. The general agreement is that they will be allowed to practice their religion freely, but all forms of propagation will not be allowed. What makes it interesting is the fact that there is always a general agreement, apart from the name which I am sure they will decide soon.

This is an insider report  lipsrsealed I do not expect it to be on the news headlines else I will be blamed, even though nothing will happen  tongue I am just informing my NL southern friends to be informed on the current happenings.  grin

It was really interesting, and they were all interested, as none opposed the idea of secession, we all feel oppressed as much as the southerners feel, or even worst.

If this is true, then it's a great news.
Maybe Arewa/Fodio Islamic Republic will be created first followed by Odua Republic.

Our prayer is being answered gradually.
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by 9jaIhail(m): 8:05pm On Feb 04, 2012
ifyalways:

Ifyalways nne kedu nke na emenu.

@ topic i wish it can happen now.
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 04, 2012
I'll prefer Islamic Republic of Fodio. looks sexy tongue
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by auwal87(m): 12:09am On Feb 05, 2012
diluminati:

I'll prefer Islamic Republic of Fodio. looks sexy tongue

Same here tongue
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by auwal87(m): 12:12am On Feb 05, 2012
Obiagu1:

If this is true, then it's a great news.
Maybe Arewa/Fodio Islamic Republic will be created first followed by Odua Republic.

Our prayer is being answered gradually.

Please keep on praying, surely we will succeed.
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by manny4life(m): 1:29am On Feb 05, 2012
Does it really matter which one it is? angry angry angry angry

They should move on further with the implementation of their republic right away, let them STOP wasting time.
Re: Arewa Republic Or Fodio Islamic Republic? Emirs Argued by auwal87(m): 3:02pm On Feb 05, 2012
manny4life:

Does it really matter which one it is? angry angry angry angry

They should move on further with the implementation of their republic right away, let them STOP wasting time.

to avoid bloodshed, consensus must be reached before declaring.

(1) (Reply)

Musiwa see Video Of Edo And Delta State Protest Against Jonathan, all for you / Shalom Church Trikania Bomb In Kaduna / Late Chief Efe Akpobi: How He Was Remembered & Forgottened At Deat By The Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.