Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

"Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? - Properties (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? (134978 Views)

Ambode Inspects Site Of Collapsed Lekki Gardens Building (photos) / How Genuine Is The NLC Mass And Affordable Housing For Workers / Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by guardiola: 12:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
www.thehavenhomes.com

The 75 million naira 4 bedroom units are all sold out. The new ones on sales/construction are the maisonette selling for 55 million

There is no 2-3 bedroom there right now.

When it all started, they were priced quite lower than the current prices, but Tuface and co gave a contrary impression.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by laudate: 12:32pm On Oct 26, 2015
guardiola:
www.thehavenhomes.com

The 75 million naira 4 bedroom units are all sold out. The new ones on sales/construction are the maisonette selling for 55 million

There is no 2-3 bedroom there right now.

When it all started, they were priced quite lower than the current prices, but Tuface and co gave a contrary impression.

Oh, thanks for the info. Much appreciated. cheesy
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by eziokwu2015: 9:01pm On Oct 26, 2015
Tvegas:

Let me play some devil's advocate on this thread..........You talk like someone on a personal vendetta against Richard, is there anything more you are not telling us? I am not holding forth for lekki gardens imperfections but i expect more of their subscribers to complain. Secondly,you could also be an agent of his competitors in the real estate industry because you seem to be fixated on all he isn't getting right.

Mind you i knew Richard one on one when he was living around Egbeda before he even dreamt of venturing into real estate,so am curious to also know what went wrong. I personally want his success and wish him the best.

@Tvegas,
You don't need to play any advocate. Just say the truth. What is wrong in being honest when doing business? Tell this forum what is "right" about selling an estate with promises of good roads, proper drainage, street lights, power supply and security. Instead of street lights, you install flood lights, instead of drainage, you have a stagnant canal and unconnected & uncompleted drainage, instead of proper hook up to PHCN, you have generating set at 55/kw + extra 15,000. To top it, he added intimidation and show of force of his connections in Lagos and Naija. These and many more actions from him/ lekki gardens disappoints me greatly.
Richard's model was to have people subscribe and pay while he builds. He did that in phase 1, 2, 3 4 and may be Horizon 1. All of a sudden, Billions started to flow and he acquired more and more properties in Chevron drive, Ikate, Ikoyi, Abuja, Banana Island and built the houses in most without owners. How can a small company with Richard Nyong own 48 estates? Yes, 48 estates? How (they claim they are building 48 estates according to their advert on businessday newspaper). Well, he had to dispose the houses by selling "buy 2, get one free", "buy 3, get a free Range Rover". My friend, there is no "father Christmas" in Nigeria. Something is not adding up. The source of the Billions he used to acquire the properties in Banana Island, Ikoyi, Ikate are really questionable. Ask Bar Leo Ekpeyong and he will inform you if you are not aware of what is happening in Nigeria.
I once knew Richard too but now, he is a different person entirely. He has questions to answer. Once again, he can only do all of this in Nigeria where the law doesn't take its full course.
I know people that have their wives, brothers and sisters working for Richard Nyong, always wishes that he continue to work this "miracles" of lavishing money everywhere; buy one get two; buy two, get one etc.. So you may be one of them. That's Ok.
I have nothing against him, but I will prefer he plays straight.

8 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by eziokwu2015: 9:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
guardiola:
The other time i mentioned the progress made on the beach-front New Horizon II, someone asked if I work for Lekki Gardens.

Well no, I just try to get to the root of the reason people still buy from Lekki Gardens if all there are, are all these bitter complaints.

The following are some pictures from there today...

@guardiola,
I will say impressive pictures; but flying a quadcopter with a camera above lekki gardens or Horizons I or II doesn't really move me. It was "alleged" one of these houses on the beach sand collapsed. is it true? is it true that the houses had their roofs removed and an extra floor added? can you tell this honourable forum the truth? You claim these houses are occupied yet I see empty houses. Why are the houses being sold for " buy 2, get one free" OR " buy 3, get a free Range Rover". Who owns the land on which these estates sit? Who bank rolled the billions that paid for these properties? Richard Nyong? Tell that to the marines, cos I don't believe it. Again, I have the right to believe what I want; you also have the right to disagree. What about Banana Island apartments? why has it not taken off? what about Ikoyi and the estates on the mainland? Show us those pictures as well via your quadcopter.
I hope that the wind of "change" will blow to lekki gardens and expose the skeletons in the cupboard. Again, you may disagree that there are skeletons in the cupboard; ask Bar Leo.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by ifyalways(f): 9:27pm On Oct 26, 2015
Interesting . . .
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by guardiola: 10:01pm On Oct 26, 2015
eziokwu2015:

@guardiola,
I will say impressive pictures; but flying a quadcopter with a camera above lekki gardens or Horizons I or II doesn't really move me. It was "alleged" one of these houses on the beach sand collapsed. is it true? is it true that the houses had their roofs removed and an extra floor added? can you tell this honourable forum the truth? You claim these houses are occupied yet I see empty houses. Why are the houses being sold for " buy 2, get one free" OR " buy 3, get a free Range Rover". Who owns the land on which these estates sit? Who bank rolled the billions that paid for these properties? Richard Nyong? Tell that to the marines, cos I don't believe it. Again, I have the right to believe what I want; you also have the right to disagree. What about Banana Island apartments? why has it not taken off? what about Ikoyi and the estates on the mainland? Show us those pictures as well via your quadcopter.
I hope that the wind of "change" will blow to lekki gardens and expose the skeletons in the cupboard. Again, you may disagree that there are skeletons in the cupboard; ask Bar Leo.

lol

I don't know if you noticed that I have given my views not only on Lekki Gardens but also on Richmond Gate Estate by Haven Homes. I do not represent Lekki Gardens, I am a subscriber and also live around the area. I know people are living inside Horizon 2 as we speak, quite a number of people really. I don't have the figure but I can put a blind estimate at about 25-40% occupancy. My surprise is that all those people in that estate appear to be oblivion to this thread and quiet about the electricity issue going on in Lekki Gardens phase 2.

Taking off the roof to add extra floors: take a look at the attached picture, where the arrows are; are the levels of the old roofs, they were removed and that ONE extra floor added. The explanation I got was that, the block of flats were planned, designed and started off (from foundation) to go on 6 floors, but the Lagos state foot dragged in giving them the necessary approvals asking them to work with a preliminary approval for 4 floors, the final approval came after the roofing, so what they did was to take the roof off and put the extra floors.

What I do not understand is the reason for Lekki Gardens not revamping their communication unit to be more proactive and engage clients, subscribers and prospective clients on fora like this, it is not my place to offer explanations on their behalf.

For the funds used to execute the projects: I know the direction you are going with that, I for one do not subscribe to that line of thinking that some politicians are bankrolling Lekki Gardens. I remember asking questions around the time they started Lekki gardens phase 2, I asked to see the documents of purchase of the land and the title they hold on it. I got to know that the land was purchased for 5 Billion naira from Union Homes and how Lekki Gardens paid, with an initial deposit made from proceeds, bank loans while the bulk of the payment were made from the subscribers' funds. (The bank loans - I deduced from their relationship with GTbank that went sour, when they stopped using GTB, probably the bank was not doing enough to support their business)

In estimating cost of building a house - 18,000 naira per square meter is standard. If you use this, you will know that the business is good for Lekki Gardens with very good margin. I believe they fund they build from what subscribers pay otherwise, why do they need to wait for subscribers to pay up before finishing their houses and in most cases overshooting the set dates for handing over.

I noticed that their flats have not been selling as much as they projected, they don't have their semi-detached and fully detached on offer for buy 2 and get 1 free, I guess they want to offload their inventory of "toxic" flats.

2 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Tvegas(m): 10:03pm On Oct 26, 2015
eziokwu2015:

@Tvegas,
You don't need to play any advocate. Just say the truth.
I know people that have their wives, brothers and sisters working for Richard Nyong, always wishes that he continue to work this "miracles" of lavishing money everywhere; buy one get two; buy two, get one etc.. So you may be one of them. That's Ok.
I have nothing against him, but I will prefer he plays straight.

Lol @eziokwu, you are just ranting . You have not mentioned one crime that Richard committed, when is it a crime to build 48 estates?. As far as he delivers those units I think we should cut him some slack. On record no subscriber has complained of non delivery. If the subscribers can't take him apart for wrong doing why are you crying than the bereaved. grin

I agree he messed up by promising infrastructures that he can't deliver but what do you expect with the ridiculous low prices he collects. I have seen the channels tv documentary and was sad because some of those structures looklike they will collapse with time.

I think he is listening to your complain as he has slowed down on advert spend. I hardly see lekki gardens on the second page of punch anymore. If he can focus on the few estates he has started I think he will be fine. Just cut him some space.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by 4nobody4every1: 4:17pm On Oct 27, 2015
interesting, l am glad l didnt fall for there gimmicks, was almost purchasing 1 unit from them after the previous one l bought. smiley
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Risken: 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
Any chance someone can put together a list of other tried and tested, reputable property developers in Lagos? Everything Naija dey get K leg. You see developers online and contact them and don't get a response till weeks later. Listed numbers don't work. It's all just a shambles. Website - joke. I wanted a property in the sun. Might head to Florida or somewhere where there's a bit of order ... Sad

3 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Nobody: 4:58am On Oct 30, 2015
laudate:

Oh, thanks for the info. Much appreciated. cheesy
Check my Signature a 3Bedroom Duplex is available in Lekki gardens.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by laudate: 9:30am On Oct 30, 2015
ClassicQueen:
Check my Signature a 3Bedroom Duplex is available in Lekki gardens.

No, thank you. Too expensive.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by gabbytabby: 10:47am On Nov 02, 2015
I watched a programme on channels TV once which seem to have been done on the invitation of a group of owners. The impression that I got was that while there were complaint by some that the service was not up to par you also got the impression that they were not paying service charge as they wanted management to "negotiate with them". Its always a catch 22 situation you don't pay you don't get. What entitles you to complain is when you can say you are not receiving a service that you paid for.

Also the complaint was not universal as some said they were satisfied such that one has to look at both sides and dig deep on why yay and why nay. Are the expectation realistic, are they expecting him to do things that are not within his control, are they paying their service charge timely and is high non payment affecting the delivery, can self management through an elected committee work, has that been tried and did it work etc.

The 9ja marketplace is unusual in the sense that there are too many unknowns and unforeseen payments which will need to be recouped and often times grown men continue to act like kids with many wants and expecting someone to pay for it.

On the flip side you have businessmen who are not straightforward and/or transparent and would ensnare people into ventures without stating the full cost upfront or even if to provide a sample template of other cost with the proviso that they are currently unknown and will be established at a later date.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by larryshow4(m): 12:42pm On Nov 07, 2015
gabbytabby:
I watched a programme on channels TV once which seem to have been done on the invitation of a group of owners. The impression that I got was that while there were complaint by some that the service was not up to par you also got the impression that they were not paying service charge as they wanted management to "negotiate with them". Its always a catch 22 situation you don't pay you don't get. What entitles you to complain is when you can say you are not receiving a service that you paid for.
Also the complaint was not universal as some said they were satisfied such that one has to look at both sides and dig deep on why yay and why nay. Are the expectation realistic, are they expecting him to do things that are not within his control, are they paying their service charge timely and is high non payment affecting the delivery, can self management through an elected committee work, has that been tried and did it work etc.
The 9ja marketplace is unusual in the sense that there are too many unknowns and unforeseen payments which will need to be recouped and often times grown men continue to act like kids with many wants and expecting someone to pay for it.
On the flip side you have businessmen who are not straightforward and/or transparent and would ensnare people into ventures without stating the full cost upfront or even if to provide a sample template of other cost with the proviso that they are currently unknown and will be established at a later date.

With regards to what you have written, some claim they enjoy the services of the estate while some are complaining bitterly about it. But would you believe on the long run, those that paid the service charge as requested by lekki gardens are being affected with the issues of no lights and all... It's been over 9days and the total hours of light provided is not even up to 15hrs.. And they have paid full service charge... I feel it's not right. We don't have full and guaranteed law in place else this is something one can take to court. You promise an estate with no generator noise and this happens to be what runs every single minute in the estate and the bad news is, the buildings can't stand neugbours running generators... I feel lekki gardens has got it wrong at that point cos you don't neglect your customers that have paid for services and bought your houses and they don't get what they have paid for, else all they get are mere nightmares... I am a residence of lekki gardens phase 2 and I would say, it's hell i have been seeing for a while now... HELL and not Dream Land...

2 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by nameoh: 3:34am On Nov 08, 2015
larryshow4:

With regards to what you have written, some claim they enjoy the services of the estate while some are complaining bitterly about it. But would you believe on the long run, those that paid the service charge as requested by lekki gardens are being affected with the issues of no lights and all... It's been over 9days and the total hours of light provided is not even up to 15hrs.. And they have paid full service charge... I feel it's not right. We don't have full and guaranteed law in place else this is something one can take to court. You promise an estate with no generator noise and this happens to be what runs every single minute in the estate and the bad news is, the buildings can't stand neugbours running generators... I feel lekki gardens has got it wrong at that point cos you don't neglect your customers that have paid for services and bought your houses and they don't get what they have paid for, else all they get are mere nightmares... I am a residence of lekki gardens phase 2 and I would say, it's hell i have been seeing for a while now... HELL and not Dream Land...

but there is nothing lekki gardens can do in his situation as the court has ordered them to put the esate back to the national grid.
i think lekki garden knows they are holding the estate owner by their balls. the estate people will finanlly go back to beg the mgt to tamper justice with mercy.
i even suspect lekki garden may have bribed eko dis company to frusrate the estate so that they will finanlly come back to them.
this time they will sign an agreement to remain slaves to them grin and the charges might increase.

2 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Pecos: 7:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
nameoh:

but there is nothing lekki gardens can do in his situation as the court has ordered them to put the esate back to the national grid.
i think lekki garden knows they are holding the estate owner by their balls. the estate people will finanlly go back to beg the mgt to tamper justice with mercy.
i even suspect lekki garden may have bribed eko dis company to frusrate the estate so that they will finanlly come back to them.
this time they will sign an agreement to remain slaves to them grin and the charges might increase.

Nameoh and gabbytabby....Thank you for your summation. You both nailed it on the head.I said it on this thread that getting on National grid will be not be in the best interest of the residents. Effort should have been made for Lekki Garden management to improve the services at a reduced rate not at same as Nepa which I find so ridiculous and someone suggested if I was making money legitimately I wouldn't have supported that LG management services. It cost money to provide this services and we have seen how efficient the power holding has been providing electricity to the estate.

Larryshow4: I feel it's a poor decision on the part of the residents to ask for the remover of the generator. We certainly do not know the adverse effect of this as everybody is on one generator or the other. This is putting the investment at high risk. I put the average individual investment at Lekki garden at 20M(including internal finishing). Is it worth the risk with the generators? I am a resident too and I have been away for 5 weeks . I am for sure not looking forward to coming to darkness in 2 weeks. correct me if i am wrong, I sure hope the Landlord excos are working on alternative energy for the estate. The whole thing is a big threat to security as well.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Phrank94: 3:53am On Nov 09, 2015
Hmmm fir
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Phrank94: 3:54am On Nov 09, 2015
Hmmmm 2much money
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by larryshow4(m): 6:22am On Nov 09, 2015
nameoh:

Your truly right about that, since the court instruct the removal of the generators, they have nothing they can do about it, but at the same time I feel the estate association people are not really taking into consideration the end view on this, just like "@Pecos" said, an investment of average 20M, running generator which I would call a fire hazard is not a good idea cos the buildings are so tight that the method of running generator is not advisable. And if they bring in this so called phcn now, in cases where blackout comes, everyone keeps running generator, there would be times, light would be out for wks. I asked what there backup plan was and they said something about bringing in IPP but what happens to the nepa afterwards?? I feel they just don't want Richard being in charge of light no more, but I must be very honest with you, I don't think the estate management can Manage the estate, from my view.. I don't think so.

The issue in this lekki garden phase 2 is not just as simple as it looks. It's very complicated.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by larryshow4(m): 6:24am On Nov 09, 2015
Pecos:

Nameoh and gabbytabby....Thank you for your summation. You both nailed it on the head.I said it on this thread that getting on National grid will be not be in the best interest of the residents. Effort should have been made for Lekki Garden management to improve the services at a reduced rate not at same as Nepa which I find so ridiculous and someone suggested if I was making money legitimately I wouldn't have supported that LG management services. It cost money to provide this services and we have seen how efficient the power holding has been providing electricity to the estate.
Larryshow4: I feel it's a poor decision on the part of the residents to ask for the remover of the generator. We certainly do not know the adverse effect of this as everybody is on one generator or the other. This is putting the investment at high risk. I put the average individual investment at Lekki garden at 20M(including internal finishing). Is it worth the risk with the generators? I am a resident too and I have been away for 5 weeks . I am for sure not looking forward to coming to darkness in 2 weeks. correct me if i am wrong, I sure hope the Landlord excos are working on alternative energy for the estate. The whole thing is a big threat to security as well.

Don't worry, you would get light, a new light schedule has been shared out.. Dropped to 13hrs power supply...

I just feel business ain't done like this. There is no valid reach on agreement. That's what I feel
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 9:00am On Nov 09, 2015
@Pecos

I am looking to put my unit up for sale (internally finished). Luxury finishing internally. 3 bed terrace at Phase IV and I am aiming for N24m insha Allah.

do you know anyone that has successfully sold their units, and how much it sold for? I can see prices online but don't know anyone that has successfully sold...

Pecos:

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Pecos: 3:56pm On Nov 09, 2015
SangoCrusader:
@Pecos

I am looking to put my unit up for sale (internally finished). Luxury finishing internally. 3 bed terrace at Phase IV and I am aiming for N24m insha Allah.

do you know anyone that has successfully sold their units, and how much it sold for? I can see prices online but don't know anyone that has successfully sold...

Sangotrader:

I do not know anybody who has successfully sold their unit. online is my best source of information too and I sometime call people who put their unit up for sale or rent to have an idea. It ranges from late 20's to early 30's. I'm very optimistic that the estate can only get better after all said and done. You may want to consider renting it for now. There is no money in the system and people are not buying like before. I wish you all the very best in your decision .

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Pecos: 6:34pm On Nov 09, 2015
larryshow4:

Don't worry, you would get light, a new light schedule has been shared out.. Dropped to 13hrs power supply...

I just feel business ain't done like this. There is no valid reach on agreement. That's what I feel

Larryshow4:

Who is providing 13hrs power supply, Lekki Garden or Nepa? And how often would that be done?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Pictures And Prices Of Security Doors / Exclusive Pictures Of Babangida's Eye-popping Mansion In Minna / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.