Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

"Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? - Properties (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? (134960 Views)

Ambode Inspects Site Of Collapsed Lekki Gardens Building (photos) / How Genuine Is The NLC Mass And Affordable Housing For Workers / Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 8:21pm On Nov 09, 2015
Cheers bro @Pecos

I will advertise mine for sale and for rent, and will let you guys know if I have any success. I personally think it's good value at N24m but I guess the economy is not as buoyant as it once was.

If anyone else has an idea on actual sale/rent stories for these units, please let us know.

Pecos:

Sangotrader:

I do not know anybody who has successfully sold their unit. online is my best source of information too and I sometime call people who put their unit up for sale or rent to have an idea. It ranges from late 20's to early 30's. I'm very optimistic that the estate can only get better after all said and done. You may want to consider renting it for now. There is no money in the system and people are not buying like before. I wish you all the very best in your decision .
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by larryshow4(m): 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2015
Pecos:

Larryshow4:
Who is providing 13hrs power supply, Lekki Garden or Nepa? And how often would that be done?

Lekki gardens o, and that was promised since saturday, we yet to have that anyways, even thou they have a new Gen on ground.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Pecos: 2:05pm On Nov 12, 2015
larryshow4:

Lekki gardens o, and that was promised since saturday, we yet to have that anyways, even thou they have a new Gen on ground.

I suppose this is the letter they sent on Saturday. Either way people still have to run generators. They should have negotiated with the residents. Prices is dropped to 45/KW and base charge to 5000.

What I don't know is how do we go about the meter purchase with Nepa?

1 Share

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by nameoh: 2:16pm On Nov 12, 2015
From what am seeing lekki gardens will continue to make good money from its estate.
they could easily liase with phcn to starve the estate of electricity so thst everyone will be at the mercy of their gen set
it just like being between the devil and the deep blue sea.
The managers know what they are doing.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by yates: 12:49am On Nov 13, 2015
I see the beginning of the end of LG phase 2. Whoever came up with the idea to disconnecting LG power made a great mistake. I can't begin to imagine what the estate will look like when everyone eventually have generators. Such a ridiculous idea! Sale/rent price will never appreciate, security will be down to zero. Just a waste of time and money. I'm putting my house on sale. The earlier the better. If this continues, in few years no one would want to live there. I hope phase III residents wouldn't come up with such a senseless idea.

@Pecos - you're absolutely spot on.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by REDRADARRR(m): 9:52am On Nov 13, 2015
Lekki Garden
is Nothing but a MASSIVE SCAM setup by richard Nyong.......
This is someone i have known for more than 10years ........
its too late for him to change except EFCC picks him
up and force him to sign a written document agreement or
he his sued to Court and forced to pay out a huge claim to
an ANGRY Client. My advise any body diving into the Deep
Blue sea FRAUD of Lekki Garden is taking one of the biggest and
most foolish/senseless and ridiculous business decision in Nigeria.
I know this guy when he had Little.....Greed has been his Trade Mark
not today..........the people running to buy property from some1 who use
to be a Drycleaner somewhere in Egbeda and couldnot even run the business
successfully before going bankrupt 4 years ago and also started running from
the people he owed money ....until his super woman wife from GTBAnk saved his ASS from Jail. anybody buying LG is in for a long ride to hell. Sometimes i wonder why Nigerians with BSC and PHDS not financially Astute..........people saw a project and did not ask who is this person. and how long has he been developing or working around REAL ESTATE developments .....who has mentored him in the Past....the Truth be told we lack due diligence in this Country..........Where is he coming from?..........this guy is only operating with the wife experience of being a loan facilitator at GTBank.............my Conclusion Richard Nyong is a Man without I.N.T.E.G.R.I.T.Y.......What is a business man without Integrity and Trust? thats why the western world is scared of upcoming Nigerian business people....GREED is a big problem......for crying out LOUD this is a Property that is constructed right close to the water and yet they are busy cutting cost to make it affordable..........PLX people should stop risking the lives of their Family for no Just and sensible reason........Another question no 1 is asking who is the family of this youngman ? I knew richard from 7 years ago ....even the entire family......they are Contract breachers........from the sister Christy to ETC let me leave it there...anybody Patronizing Lekki Garden should also Write his Will and buy enough Health Insurance just incase you have a Stroke from Worry. Richard is Actually digging his own Grave.....Because i am sure EFCC will catch up with him.....Criminal Duping the Innocent Citizens of Nigeria....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by deife(m): 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2015
REDRADARRR:
Lekki Garden
the people he owed money ....until his super woman wife from GTBAnk saved his ASS from Jail. anybody buying LG is in for a long ride to hell. Sometimes i wonder why Nigerians with BSC and PHDS not financially Astute..........people saw a project and did not ask who is this person. and how long has he been developing or working around REAL ESTATE developments .....who has mentored him in the Past....the Truth be told we lack due diligence in this Country..........Where is he coming from?..........this guy is only operating with the wife experience of being a loan facilitator at GTBank.............my Conclusion Richard Nyong is a Man without I.N.T.E.G.R.I.T.Y.......What is a business man without Integrity and Trust? thats why the western world is scared of upcoming Nigerian business people....GREED is a big problem......for crying out LOUD this is a Property that is constructed right close to the water and yet they are busy cutting cost to make it affordable..........PLX people should stop risking the lives of their Family for no Just and sensible reason........Another question no 1 is asking who is the family of this youngman ? I knew richard from 7 years ago ....even the entire family......they are Contract breachers........from the sister Christy to ETC let me leave it there...anybody Patronizing Lekki Garden should also Write his Will and buy enough Health Insurance just incase you have a Stroke from Worry. Richard is Actually digging his own Grave.....Because i am sure EFCC will catch up with him.....Criminal Duping the Innocent Citizens of Nigeria....

You nailed it bro.You are so on point. Richard Nyong, MD CEO of Lekki Gardens needs to clean up his acts. He has a poor relationship with his staff and sacks them at will without paying them off. (You can take this to the bank). The so called buildings are disaster waiting to happen as there are cracks on some buildings due to the fact that he is trying to cut corners. I pray he repents from this ungodly act before the long arm of the law catches up with him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by laudate: 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2015
yates:
I see the beginning of the end of LG phase 2. Whoever came up with the idea to disconnecting LG power made a great mistake. I can't begin to imagine what the estate will look like when everyone eventually have generators. Such a ridiculous idea! Sale/rent price will never appreciate, security will be down to zero. Just a waste of time and money. I'm putting my house on sale. The earlier the better. If this continues, in few years no one would want to live there. I hope phase III residents wouldn't come up with such a senseless idea.

@Pecos - you're absolutely spot on.

If Lekki Gardens management is sincere, all they need to do is just spend a little bit more to construct a gas-powered turbine that can power the entire estate effectively. It can provide continuous power and if the capacity is sufficiently large enough, they can also offer excess power to neighbouring estates in order to defray the cost. Cost per kilowatt would drop and if all calculations are properly worked out, by the time the cost of the gas turbine is fully depreciated after 3-5 years, they would be generating power per kilowatt at a cost lower than the DISCOs.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by debojyde(m): 9:19am On Nov 15, 2015
Was at LG phase 4 to inspect my properties . LG structures are not as bad as a lot of people have posted here. If LG can maintain the estates infrastructures that place will be renting like hot cakes.

I know lekki gardens customer relationship is very poor, I'll score them an F on that. It looks like provision of services they provide is also very poor but I wish they should please not allow generators on the premises. That peace and tranquility will be ruined when over 200 generators are turned on at once.

I hope after they connect to the phcn grid, they still have a plan for tenants who want to connect to LG generator when there is power failure. Something like u pay a flat rate per month and a certain amount of kW/h .

Lg backyard is to small for any diesel powered silent cabin gen. If residents buy their gens to power their units, it's gonna be like a madhouse.

When I went there, I went to another section and a worker was pumping some water from a hole with a generator..... Just that one generator ruined the atmosphere..... Imagine 2 to 300 going on at once

2 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 3:50pm On Nov 16, 2015
debojyde:
Was at LG phase 4 to inspect my properties . LG structures are not as bad as a lot of people have posted here. If LG can maintain the estates infrastructures that place will be renting like hot cakes.

I know lekki gardens customer relationship is very poor, I'll score them an F on that. It looks like provision of services they provide is also very poor but I wish they should please not allow generators on the premises. That peace and tranquility will be ruined when over 200 generators are turned on at once.

I hope after they connect to the phcn grid, they still have a plan for tenants who want to connect to LG generator when there is power failure. Something like u pay a flat rate per month and a certain amount of kW/h .

Lg backyard is to small for any diesel powered silent cabin gen. If residents buy their gens to power their units, it's gonna be like a madhouse.

When I went there, I went to another section and a worker was pumping some water from a hole with a generator..... Just that one generator ruined the atmosphere..... Imagine 2 to 300 going on at once

Bros, it's great to get your input on the finished unit. I have a unit in Phase 4 as well but have not had a chance to visit it. Your assessment puts my mind at ease. I have a few questions if you don't mind:

Did you happen to take pictures of the estate?
Are there people living there now?
What are the security arrangements like?

your answers will be greatly appreciated.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by debojyde(m): 12:19pm On Nov 17, 2015
@sangocrusader

Did not take pics.... I have pics of my unit from sept. Will post later
About 10 to 20% of the units are currently occupied.
Security is questionable.... Wires were stolen from my units.... But I was told it was most likely stolen by workers

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by hbid: 9:49pm On Nov 17, 2015
I would like to sell my 2 bedroom flat at horizon 2..4th roundabout by the lagoon...it's still in shell state and is ground floor...18million naira....you can call 07039658364...
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by eziokwu2015: 10:04am On Nov 21, 2015
REDRADARRR:
Lekki Garden

... I agree with what you have said about Nigerians not doing their due diligence before investment. It happened in the stock market era. He (Richard Nyong) and the sister got people here; and very cheap at that.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by eziokwu2015: 10:23am On Nov 21, 2015
I will play an advocate here... (whether positive or negative).

Anyone remember the stock market era when companies floated IPO's and brokerage houses bought and got their certificates before others? I know of MD's of stock brokerage houses and top bankers that bought stocks with "fictitious names" in order to hide their real identity assuming the regulatory bodies come calling. This helped them to mask the scam going on during the stock market boom.

Back to Lekki gardens... you are meant to fill a form before you buy a house in lekki gardens. Anyone can fill that form with fictitious names and deposit huge sums with Richard Nyong and co. Whether Akpabio "plowed" money into lekki gardens or not remain an issue of "which side of the divide" you accept their story. Mr Azuka Ugboh of Lekki gardens can say what his puppet masters has fed him to say to the public, but can they also open their books to identify the "surrogates" they have in there? Akpabio's name may not be in their books... by the way who will invest huge amounts of money there and allow his or her name to appear in their books (remember the stocks scam I mentioned earlier). These things happen every now and then in Nigeria and I believe there's an element of truth in what the Bar has accused Mr Akpabio/ Richard Nyong/ Lekki gardens of.
http://punchng.com/akpabio-doesnt-own-lekki-gardens/

Unfortunately, this is Nigeria and we may not know the truth at the end of the day... but guess what; the truth is out there. Ask Richard Nyong, he knows the truth.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by eziokwu2015: 11:08am On Nov 21, 2015
nameoh:
From what am seeing lekki gardens will continue to make good money from its estate.
they could easily liase with phcn to starve the estate of electricity so thst everyone will be at the mercy of their gen set
it just like being between the devil and the deep blue sea.
The managers know what they are doing.

As per facility mgt, it mustn't be at cut throat prices.
You have to listen to both sides to understand what the agitation is. LG side of the story is that people should pay the prices set in the estate without questioning it. Most of the residents opposing Richard Nyong moved in early to their houses and as at then there was no written agreement for Lekki gardens to manage the estate. That wasn't Richard's intention; even at phase 1, which started the LG story and venture. Along the line Richard Nyong decided on his terms to manage the estate without consulting the residents. He single handedly determined the prices and forced it on people. Thereafter, he drafted a facility Mgt agreement and forced it on recent incoming residents both in the sales agreement and as a handbook (that handbook was rejected by phase 1 residents as well).
So you find the early residents having a sales agreement that says nothing about estate mgt and another set of residents having a sales agreement that includes a clause for facility mgt. This is the main agitation going on there at the moment. you can ask any resident there to verify. The early residents based on their documents are refusing to pay for a service charge that was reviewed upwards without their consent while the incoming residents are arm twisted to pay it or no connection to power. Also other amenities promised during sales were neglected (except until the recent Channels tv documentary) although drainage remains a challenge.
The early residents before approaching NERC and the law courts have sought to amicably settle the issues with LG but no one will listen to their demands. They also said they are willing to pay for power and services if its a mutually agreed price. Unfortunately, Richard will not listen to anyone.

Nigerian business people should go into business with the mindset to offer genuine services and get paid for it. Scheming people and charging cut throat prices for basic services is not the way to make billions.
As the developer, the proper thing to do is reach an agreement with your house owners and have a cordial relationship with them because they are the ones that made you breakout into real estate business. I heard he once called a house owner a tenant... can you imagine such behavior And when the individual decided to take it up with them, he pulls the entire estate service from all the remaining 99%.
I believe the agitation of the residents in LG2 and co are reasonable. I have friends that live there. They should be given a listening ear (by the way... the residents of Horizon or paradise are gearing up to challenge him as well). All can't be wrong and Richard right... something is not adding up.

4 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by REDRADARRR(m): 11:24am On Nov 23, 2015
People should research more before delving into any kind of Contract whatsoever
For any1 living in any of the Lekki Prisoners Garden Development,my kind and most priceless advise is : Please hire a very good Legal Practitioner (SAN) for your survival in the coming days ahead. This youngman called Richard Nyong is a Schemer/Fraudster. this is some1 I can tell a bit of his business history. you guys shouldn't allow him plan ahead of you guys. Suing him round the Clock if need be. I am telling you guys Richard Nyong and his Entire family are Worse than Adolf hitler. Never trust a Calabar Man with your hard earn Cash. I have dealt a million times with these People they do not have I.N.T.E.G.R.I.T.Y...............from a concerned Citizen..........that young man told me a word that is yet to heal in my Soul after close to 7years. Someother time I will narrate the full story. that the issue with people....they think they can just go around commiting evil............the truth is time has a way of bringing it back to your face....its called NEMESIS. anyways just my own little contribution. catchyall later

2 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by BALLERON(m): 3:24pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hello friends,  
I have a 4 BEDROOM TERRACE DUPLEX AT THE LEKKI PARADISE‎ 3 on Chevron drive, lekki,  ‎
Due to recent changes in my personal plans, I will like to swap with an interested owner, who has a completed unit(3/4 bedrooms)  in Lekki gardens phase 2( opposite Abraham Adesanya estate) . 

If you are interested please call 08038636000 to discuss swap terms and conditions.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by LaudateII: 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2015
BALLERON:
Hello friends,  
I have a 4 BEDROOM TERRACE DUPLEX AT THE LEKKI PARADISE‎ 3 on Chevron drive, lekki,  ‎
Due to recent changes in my personal plans, I will like to swap with an interested owner, who has a completed unit(3/4 bedrooms)  in Lekki gardens phase 2( opposite Abraham Adesanya estate) . 

If you are interested please call 08038636000 to discuss swap terms and conditions.

You want to go through that horrid Ajah roundabout traffic everyday, to reach your destination?? shocked shocked Not a good idea....

2 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 5:49pm On Dec 01, 2015
BALLERON:
Hello friends,  

I have a 3 bedroom terrace at Phase IV... recently completed and fantastic finish. Interested? It's just 1 kilometre away...
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by LaudateII: 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2015
SangoCrusader:
I have a 3 bedroom terrace at Phase IV... recently completed and fantastic finish. Interested? It's just 1 kilometre away...

I think he needs a 4-bedroom. Are you selling your 3-bedroom terrace? How much is it going for?? cheesy
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by BALLERON(m): 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2015
Please send pictures to nostrodamus9210@yahoo.com, we will discuss further thereafter thank you
SangoCrusader:

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by youngice(m): 5:21pm On Dec 02, 2015
andyanders:
@Chinom

Said the right thing. I wonder the kind house people sell at Lekki and Ajah 50million, 100 million. where do they buy their own material? I house they develop with between 5m to 10 , they now put between 50 t 100 million. I built a beautiful  4 bedroom in-suite with 2 living rooms with 2BQ of RM and parlor with toilet and kitchen in-suite on mainland and I never spent  the amount people come here to quote. Sometimes, I wonder if the call block house. How much is block? even at N130 naira a block, 7,000 blocks of 9'' will be about N910,000. You buy cement, 200 bags at  even N2,000 , that will be 600,000.Now tell me how these developers get their quotation from and put house at 50 million to 100 million?
The land is what matters

2 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by SangoCrusader: 7:16pm On Dec 02, 2015
LaudateII:

I think he needs a 4-bedroom. Are you selling your 3-bedroom terrace? How much is it going for?? cheesy

Hi Mr @LaudateII, are you interested in purchasing it?
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by ladej(m): 1:00am On Dec 05, 2015
youngice:

The land is what matters
God bless you

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

Pictures And Prices Of Security Doors / Exclusive Pictures Of Babangida's Eye-popping Mansion In Minna / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.