Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,528 members, 7,770,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:43 AM

"Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? (134547 Views)

Ambode Inspects Site Of Collapsed Lekki Gardens Building (photos) / How Genuine Is The NLC Mass And Affordable Housing For Workers / Dominion Gardens + Parks,ibeju-lekki,how Genuine Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by businesslife: 4:54pm On Mar 05, 2013
Vivalicious, I am sorry to disappoint you, but nothing is allocated. People have not moved into Phase 1 and I paid for phase 2 in October 2012, so far, I have only received a copy of the contract, no allocation, so the guy who said he paid in January 2013 and got all his paper work is lying to you ( read his e-mail properly as you will notice he is an agent after his own commission, as they just told me in March 2013 that they are just trying to allocate. So, dont buy unless u are ready for a long wait. Phase 1 is more than 18 months late with just 150 properties, phase 2 is much larger and they are still selling. I have nothing to gain by warning you and if you want, I can upload e-mails conversations with the company. Ask Azuka how many people have moved into phase 1? How many of the phase 2 properties have now been allocated?

I will update you in due course of any progress.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by yates: 1:44pm On Mar 07, 2013
This is why I don't comment on forum like this. Why would ‘businesslife’ think am lying. Why would you think am an Agent? Why do people have stinky attitude and behave irresponsibly? Anyway, i'm not an agent. I have a responsible well paid job here, that's why I can afford to buy a 3 bedroom (corner piece)duplex in Lekki Gardens PhaseII. If you are after people to dupe - am not stopping you. I only passed on my sincere and honest information to interested people following this thread.

For your information, I didn’t buy my house through any agent, I walked in to their office and made all necessary transactions myself. I'm not interested and wouldn't have bought in PhaseI as the location isn't logical to me, therefore I can't say much about it unless that I've been there.

I say again, I have received all documents due up-to date i.e contract of sale, receipts each time I make payment, account statement to show outstanding balance, news letters, email offers etc.

They made few mistakes with PhaseI, like completing all buildings before infrastructures. Now Lagos state government intervened and made it a ‘must’ to complete all PhaseII infrastructures e.g water, electricity, drainage etc before allocation. (Btw, if 'Businesslife' was that current and honest he should receive a phone call and necessary documents as regards this change. Anyway, I'm not here to stop anyone from doing their dodgy business, am just passing on information to interested people). So, with this change in view, I dont think PhaseII will be late as PhaseI.

Why would businesslife think PhaseII propoerties should have been allocated? the last time I was there (on sunday 27th Jan) they were putting up the roofs.
The rules are:
1. If you buy outright, your property will be allocated to you after 8 months. Same applies to 3 & 6 months payment plans.
2. If you are on 12 or more payment plan, your property will be allocated 5 months after your final payment.
For instance, I don’t expect my allocation until around first quarter of 2014.

businesslife, carry on with your business I'm not stopping you. I'm only a good citizen. I don’t even live in Nigeria, but I can assure you I'm far more informed that you are, because I put my eyes where my money is!

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Dynamite98: 7:23am On Mar 08, 2013
Guys, we appreciate every comment made on this thread. Let us be matured with our comments while helping 'us' make wise decisions with our investments. Thanks to all who have contributed wisely. Please, keep it coming.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Dynamite98: 7:26am On Mar 08, 2013
@ Yates:

Thanks for sharing and encouraging.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by blank(f): 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2013
Dynamite98: @ Yates:

Thanks for sharing and encouraging.

Your attention is required here

https://www.nairaland.com/1142530/list-known-scammers-nairaland-pls

Someone is calling you a scammer and has included your name as scammers to be scared of.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by businesslife: 12:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
Guys, I am sharing 'my' experience as someone who fully paid for a Terrace house at Lekki phase 2 in October 2012. Other people may have different experiences to mine, but what Yates is describing contradicts 'my' personal experience. I don't want to discourage anyone from buying the properties at Lekki Gardens because I believe the properties are very competitive and the company is striving to improve the way they communicate. I want people though to have the right level of expectations.

Yates, since you live abroad, if you buy properties off plan, are you not shown the plan of the whole estate or phase, so that you select your plot on day one as you pay your initial deposit?. And a plan of the different stages and dates of the progress of work? That is my experience in Europe where I live.

I received my plot allocation letter yesterday, 20th March.

Please let us share relevant, truthful information with ourselves rather than emotions and hearsays. The company is trying to lift the level of services that they provide and it is only by good constructive criticism will Nigeria companies be able to compete with others across the world. We should not lower the standard we expect.

Will I buy from this company again, absolutely? Why? because I know if they get things wrong ( a lot of companies do, including Apple, Coca-cola, Microsoft etc) and I get on their case, they will get things fixed and I like that about the company.

Best of luck and as I promise you, I will keep you informed of my experience, so that you can make informed decision.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by skimanski(m): 7:54pm On Mar 21, 2013
Looking for an Architect? You show us your space and we make it look unique. Be it an empty plot, or a half built house, or a completed house, or a rented apartment or a Proposed shop. This is the right place to be.

Affordable architectural designs. Construction, Renovations, and Interiors. (Tiling, Kitchen, furnishings and solving general House problems)
CHECK OUT MY TREND https://www.nairaland.com/1164230/best-architectural-interior-construction-works
Architect Jude O. Odemwingie.
email: skimanski4life@yahoo.com
email; denstlimited@hotmail.com
email: dnstructures@gmail.com
Tel; 08038390386

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by yates: 11:42pm On Mar 21, 2013
Businesslife, firstly I must say congratulations to you.I was informed that those who bought outright last year are being contacted for allocation. The March news letter revealed that they had an issue which pushed allocations 6 weeks forward.
As I mentioned, I didn't buy outright I'm on 12 months payment plan. So our stories may be slightly different. Good luck with the rest of the journey.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Dynamite98: 8:01pm On Mar 29, 2013
My dear God forbid the 'scammer title.' I'm not a scammer and will never be. I already responded to that post. It was an association during a defunct estate formation. I'm my own person and couple NL mods know me in person.

blank:

Someone is calling you a scammer and has included your name as scammers to be scared of.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Dynamite98: 10:14pm On Mar 30, 2013
blank:

See below:

Re: List Of Known Scammers On Nairaland. Pls Beware! by FXKing2012(m): 8:46pm On Mar 29

Dynamite98: Pls delete my Moniker, I'm my own person. Lawyer of property section knows who I am. Thank you.

FXKing2012(m): Done. Sorry for the mix up

https://www.nairaland.com/1142530/list-known-scammers-nairaland-pls/22#1142530.730
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Dynamite98: 7:49am On Apr 30, 2013
Don't know why my last post was hidden. I've been vindicated:

blank:

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by djustice: 1:39am On May 03, 2013
9jauk: I learnt Amen estate is d best in lekki,unique design,to kill it all d land is sold not sand filled,must see highly recommend.

That is absolutely true. Been there, met the owners, a lovely, down to earth husband and wife team. My friend lives there, and I'm always looking for excuses to go and visit him(I usually stay for the weekend). The place is so beautiful and peaceful. No generators, and they have light 24 hours. The houses eh, na die! If all Naija developers can build like these guys, eh!

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by COMPAQ(m): 12:39pm On May 29, 2013
Lekki gardens is starting to look like a ponzi scheme. Phase 3 has barely started and they are offering another project bear nicon town.

2 Likes

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by emthree: 9:17am On Jun 19, 2013
Hey peeps,

Can anyone please tell me which of these lekki gardens developments is closest to the mainland.

Thanks
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by james1(m): 3:23pm On Jun 19, 2013
Hello everyone.
Lekki gardens 2 is selling fast.
As for the genuiness of the place;its left for you to find out,department of lands,alausa have all the background claims you want to cross check for.
My client is warming up to go secure his place there.
And as for the poster wondering about the closest developement to the main land,its lekki phase one.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by fendorf(m): 7:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
contact us For ur sand filling|SharpSand,plastering Sand,Laterite &Granite delivery|Truck management|07064696356,08053447675| fendorf2003@yahoo.com
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by emthree: 10:56am On Jun 25, 2013
Hi All,

I am considering buying into one of the developments of lekki gardens project ( horizon to be precise ).

Does anyone know how long it will take them to handover my keys to me if I pay all at once.

Have people started living in lekkki gardens phase one?

Many Thanks ...
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by sharemycar: 9:13pm On Jul 23, 2013
emthree: Hi All,

I am considering buying into one of the developments of lekki gardens project ( horizon to be precise ).

Does anyone know how long it will take them to handover my keys to me if I pay all at once.

Have people started living in lekkki gardens phase one?

Many Thanks ...

No much info is coming out regarding this Horizon project.All I hear is that so many people have subscribed to it. I am interested, but concerned that GTRich is spreading themselves too thin that it may not deliver on time or at all. Its a massive project involving 150 units. Can someboady please throw more light on this project.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by ahf(m): 11:49am On Aug 17, 2013
Any body have information/pictures on the quality of work been delivered by this developer ?

Thanks
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by HenryO49: 4:29pm On Sep 01, 2013
blank:

why did they decide to hide this post?
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by yemad10: 9:04am On Oct 09, 2013
I would say they are genuine, but they are currently having problems with meeting their delivery obligations. They are being carried away with their little success with Lekki Gardens Phase 1 and are now taking on too many projects at the same time without really finishing one. They now have delivery backlogs. If you are not ready to wait a long time pass the promised delivery date, my sincerely advice is don't make a payment, otherwise you will be highly disappointed. Most of the time the sales girls and the manager (name withheld for now) don't usually pick up calls or respond to emails of customers once your money is collected. I may be forced to post some of my email correspondence with them on this site later, depending on what people say further on this site. It is gradually becoming a 'phonzi scheme' because they are chewing more than what they can bite at the same time. If the current delivery problems continues, the whole thing may turn out to be disaster. Currently, it is a disaster waiting to happen - just like anything many people go crazy about in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by lawyer(m): 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2013
yemad10: I would say they are genuine, but they are currently having problems with meeting their delivery obligations. They are being carried away with their little success with Lekki Gardens Phase 1 and are now taking on too many projects at the same time without really finishing one. They now have delivery backlogs. If you are not ready to wait a long time pass the promised delivery date, my sincerely advice is don't make a payment, otherwise you will be highly disappointed. Most of the time the sales girls and the manager (name withheld for now) don't usually pick up calls or respond to emails of customers once your money is collected. I may be forced to post some of my email correspondence with them on this site later, depending on what people say further on this site. It is gradually becoming a 'phonzi scheme' because they are chewing more than what they can bite at the same time. If the current delivery problems continues, the whole thing may turn out to be disaster. Currently, it is a disaster waiting to happen - just like anything many people go crazy about in Nigeria.

Let me not talk yet before they say Lawyer has started again! * Quietly watching Scene 3 Act 4 of this drama unfolding*
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by blank(f): 12:05am On Oct 10, 2013
Lawyer, talk o.

Make we no enter one chance.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by kopell: 1:36am On Oct 11, 2013
What is going to be different from other once like them. Same story at the end of the day !!!!!
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by echuks: 10:23am On Oct 27, 2013
I have one plot of land (600sqr meter) for sale in Lekki Gardens Phase 2, opposit Abraham Adesanya Estate,just 3 minutes from Victoria Garden City (VGC). The property comes with excellent title (C of O) and is in very close and strategic proximity with major projects like Chevron Estate and the new Ikota Shopping Complex.

Interested person should contact me on 08052098036. Thanks.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by AreaFada2: 10:38am On Oct 27, 2013
lawyer:

Let me not talk yet before they say Lawyer has started again! * Quietly watching Scene 3 Act 4 of this drama unfolding*

Abeg say what you know to help people.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by austinkenneth: 11:57am On Oct 30, 2013
Let those who have taken delivery of their houses come forward and say so. Even if it months after the deadline no problem. Better late than never.

Right now we are seeing even many more projects from them -phase 2, phase 3,phase 4, chevron, new chevron drive, horizon, new horizon,ikoyi.... .....Haba, Make dem finish one now before the other.

Me I no ready to put my hard earned chicken money in this thing oooo.

This may be another Buena Vista where subscribers are currently cap-in-hand,at the mercy of AMCON and resorted to praying night vigils that their money hasn't gone with the wind.

1 Like

Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by nikkygal(f): 9:45am On Nov 11, 2013
Any updates from the Lekki Garden subscribers?

Kindly share with the house if you bought into this scheme and your house has been delivered or at least a progress report on how far these GT Rich guys have done in delivering their promises. They seem to be so aggressive these days with all kinds of recent adverts and new additional estates in thier portfolio. . . . . A lot of us are interested in knowing the level of completion already acheived in some of their current schemes and the overall quality of workmanship & delivery before committing our money.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by vivalicious: 8:47am On Nov 23, 2013
Ok time to confess. I bought a Terrace from them in Phase 1 after asking questions above. Being their 1st project, the buying and allocation process was a bit rough, I mean rough. Nonetheless, I got my house within a year, the finishing is almost done now. There's light, water in my unit. The environment is serene, security is tight. Some of my neighbours have moved in. The building structure / foundation is very solid. I'm not a fan of their choice of windows undecided (can't complain much, house is cheap enough for me). The units come as shell. You do your own finishing. I'm happy with mine as it is, feels good to be a home owner. wink

The developer means well and will do anything to satisfy or rectify any ugly situation. They started as amateurs in real estate business and are learning customer relations on the job. Phase 1 is really taking a beautiful shape. Love the tucked away location.

My 2 cents hope it helps.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by Sholeyb: 8:57am On Nov 23, 2013
My husband and I are buying one of the units on a payment plan, the marketing staff we chose is extremely helpful, polite and sometimes telephones us here, replies emails and when we pay, they scan our receipt to us as we live in the UK. So far so good, I think they are okay, let's just watch this space. Hopefully, they do not turn out to be like other developers in Nigeria.
Re: "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? by austinkenneth: 11:20am On Dec 30, 2013
Any updates from the subscribers?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Pictures And Prices Of Security Doors / Exclusive Pictures Of Babangida's Eye-popping Mansion In Minna / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.