Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,567 members, 7,770,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:04 AM

Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days (9382 Views)

Youwin: Dailytrust/actionaid Humiliated By Youwin Winners(pics) / T-72 Tanks Used By The Military To Destroy Boko Haram (Photos) / FG releases Provisional List Of YouWin Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 04, 2012
I've never trusted Government run initiatives. Remember the countless vision 2020's and numerous MDG's kpalava. Well, i'll just wait and see if it turns out true as they say.
But even business plans and strategy on paper doesn't stop the successful beneficiaries from pocketing the prize money and investing it somewhere else.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Ournaija: 6:30pm On Feb 04, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Quality and training . . . na your money dem they use do all that . . . no be for free. . . . The Millions of dollards being spent on this is from money that would have gone to educating your children and their own children's children.

Before you start breaking out the champaign and popping out the authentic cubans . . . wait to see RESULTS . . .

again . . . .P.S. . . . Thinking positive HAS NOTHING to do with being IRRATIONALLY OPTIMISTIC especially when there is there no real measure of success to be seen.

Past governments had such funds available but non could come out with something of this nature. My money and your money were looted and re-looted by same people and nothing happened. Even if this fails ( I dont think it will), the move is enough to be applauded.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On Feb 04, 2012
Ournaija:

Past governments had such funds available but non could come out with something of this nature. My money and your money were looted and re-looted by same people and nothing happened. Even if this fails ( I dont think it will), the move is enough to be applauded.

This has absolutely nothing to do with past governments. This administration made this decision all on it's own and so far, there is no RESULT to see, other than raffle selections that have been made so far, well, according to this report . So again. . . .

Kobojunkie:

Quality and training . . . na your money dem they use do all that . . . no be for free. . . . The Millions of dollards being spent on this is from money that would have gone to educating your children and their own children's children.

Before you start breaking out the champaign and popping out the authentic cubans . . . wait to see RESULTS . . .

again . . . .P.S. . . . Thinking positive HAS NOTHING to do with being IRRATIONALLY OPTIMISTIC especially when there is there no real measure of success to be seen.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by manny4life(m): 7:01pm On Feb 04, 2012
Personally, I think the You Win is a good initiative, however, the money used to funding the program is extremely exorbitant, anyway, kudos to those who won.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Ournaija: 7:15pm On Feb 04, 2012
Kobojunkie:

This has absolutely nothing to do with past governments. This administration made this decision all on it's own and so far, there is no RESULT to see, other than raffle selections that have been made so far, well, according to this report . So again. . . . 

All winners were selected on merit. You cant say it`s a failure when the process is not concluded. Mind you no money has been disbursed to anyone.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2012
Ournaija:

All winners were selected on merit. You cant say it`s a failure when the process is not concluded. Mind you no money has been disbursed to anyone.

I no say you fit read english. Trying to bob-and-weave around what I stated does not change the meaning or the message.

Kobojunkie:

dem never even release funds for the program and you don dey announce sey it is a success??  undecided undecided  Na only raffle people don win, but you have already decided it a success just for that. Why not wait 72 days + 6 months to judge the project.

Kai!! Nigerians ehn, na people like una be the mechanics of all these problems. Una too get seriously low standards!!

The amount in question is about 3 times the INEC budget of last year. That money is money coming out of your pocket, not from the sky. What you are doing is akin to what those who rejoiced as soon as them see NYSC people with printers and computers and fans did, rejoiced and declared the election a success, even before polls were opened some months later.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by sholatech(m): 7:35pm On Feb 04, 2012
3600 youths getting an average of 5million Naira each will give you 18billion Naira.
i know there's an agency co-ordinating Youwin and they will have staff and buildings.
Also, about 80,000 youths to be trained, maybe at about 12-20billion Naira.
Just trying to get the figures and how they add up!
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Ournaija: 9:39pm On Feb 04, 2012
Kobojunkie:

The amount in question is about 3 times the INEC budget of last year. That money is money coming out of your pocket, not from the sky. What you are doing is akin to what those who rejoiced as soon as them see NYSC people with printers and computers and fans did, rejoiced and declared the election a success, even before polls were opened some months later.

I no say na our money, d money no be from GEJ`s pocket. Be patient, dont be in a haste to condemn the project.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by damseremie(m): 10:10pm On Feb 04, 2012
Hi, For purposes of Clarification, I will like to state some facts,
First of all , i am not some Government Propaganda Person,
If you look through my Nairaland Posts , you will see that, But one has to appreciate a good initiative when you see one,
I was one of those who was EXTREMELY Skeptical about the project until i found out the following,
(P.S, the poster and news article Got a number of things wrong)

HARD FACTS
1) 24,000 people applied for the YouWin Project, 6000 passed the first stage,  thats about 1000 per geo-political region
2) The selection process was rigorous and based on the quality of your business idea, (Review of  the plans was handled by the none other than the Pan African University aka Lagos Business School-am sure everyone knows their reputation)
(Personal Info)
{Yes i applied and was selected into the 6000 and i have no uncle, brother, neighbor in any high places that gave my name to anyone, and i know this things cause i was there and am not just feeding on some internet rumor)

3) The reviewers COULD NOT even associate the plans with the applicants,  Tha plans were reviewed on merit and then sent to an independent firm abroad who were the only one's with the database to match NAMES with the Corresponding Business Plans (This was to totally eliminate any Nigeria Mago Mago wink)
4) ALL the 6000 Stage One winners where given a 4 day FREE intensive Buiness Training By A Joint Team of Staff of The Pan African University and Foreign Business Experts from a UK University(the name eludes me at the moment, if i remember after i go write am),  Topics covered including Financials, Taxes, Creating an Online Presence For Your Bizness, in fact it was a whole lot,  which i will keep with me forever, some have already helped the small biz am already running)
Do your research, any equivalent course like that costs nothing less than N150,00o at the Pan African University, All of which Govt has to pay for, Plus they brought in Foreign pros, I pray to win eventually but even if i don't, This training sef , was a massive thing for me as am sure it was for everyone else)

5) After the training all 6000 were told to apply online again for Stage 2, this was a more detailed plan with full Cash Flow projections (omo the form been long), based on what we had all been taught,
5)Only 1500 people will eventually be given the grant,  Winners will be announced on February 19th , (www.youwin.com.ng,  Check details there), The Initiative is not even about this 1500 people, the business chosen to win are those that will in turn employ thousands of others, thats the whole point, job creation thru private enterprise
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On Feb 04, 2012
Ournaija:

I no say na our money, d money no be from GEJ`s pocket. Be patient, dont be in a haste to condemn the project.

I think that message ought to be for yourself since you are the one RUSHING to claim this a success knowing that the project has yet to even commence or yield results except for an announcement of the winners of the raffle.

Stop this round-about please.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by AAT2: 12:03am On Feb 05, 2012
i would advise any serious entrepreneur to apply during the next phase, I did apply as a one-off and was chosen as one of the 6000 stage 2 participants although December was a busy period for me and i couldn't attend the training full time. I know that I would get a grant from them due to the experience i have and the quality of my submission. Kudos to the initiative.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by seal777(m): 8:25am On Feb 05, 2012
DANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  cry cry cry cry cry

I hope they fix power so you don't all end up expending all your loan on powering generators, remember the loan is disbursed by banks and they are not interest free o o. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I sure know some peoples buttocks will get kicked  eventually. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by obowunmi(m): 9:24am On Feb 05, 2012
Seal, youwin is a grant not a loan.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by seal777(m): 9:37am On Feb 05, 2012
@ obowunmi

Grant , loan or fund is just a matter of semantics, what is sure here is that its not interest free. : lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by agabaI23(m): 11:24am On Feb 05, 2012
Grant is interest free I think?
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by obowunmi(m): 3:44pm On Feb 05, 2012
Its not semantics. Grants doesn't have any interest rates. They are monies not to be paid back.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Beaf: 4:53pm On Feb 05, 2012
seal777:

@ obowunmi

Grant , loan or fund is just a matter of semantics, what is sure here is that its not interest free. : lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Comedy! grin

My broda, to put it in pidgeon English: grant and dash na di same tin.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by youngmonie: 5:28pm On Feb 05, 2012
Im sorry , not really followed this YOUWIN thing. But is it like a LOAN or something to starting up SME's or is the money given out freely?
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by damseremie(m): 7:55pm On Feb 05, 2012
@seal777, na grant ooo, aka dash, no repayment, no intrest, however,  The money won't be given at once but will be staggered based on ur bizness needs, that's why they are using the banks,  They will have case workers who wil ensure that u use the money for the purpose u stated else u won't get the next installment

Those who wrote their business plans properly shud have factored in generator and power ooo, but that time na 65 bucks ooo, all this subsidy removal wahala wasn't in our calculations, na God go help, so ur right, it will kick some people in the a-sss
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by chei: 10:37pm On Feb 05, 2012
The program is going on fine and I believe the govt is sincere about the program given that they have already expended a huge amount of money already on the program. I still believe there will be no mago mago or nepotism in the course of the final selection due to the involvement of banks. Some of the business ideas that got through to the second stage were sort of unexpected, some of the trainees i met in benin had some funny business ideas. I was being tempted to believe there was favoritism in the selection process, but I hope not.
The questions asked in the second stage were copied verbatim from a website(wont say), and the organisers just needed a concise summary of your business plan. I'm still unsure if we'll still be asked to defend it (the winners) though. I hope to win anyways.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by NET1(m): 3:57pm On Feb 06, 2012
counting down to Feb 19th. I know I will win.

.NET
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 07, 2012
Turning out to be a scam as expected. Who are the alleged representatives of the 6000 candidates at the ceremony, because I and other candidates around me have no idea about this development.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by chei: 10:56pm On Feb 07, 2012
J12:

Turning out to be a scam as expected. Who are the alleged representatives of the 6000 candidates at the ceremony, because I and other candidates around me have no idea about this development.

I'm also worried about this. I wonder who the representatives of the candidates really are, because the real candidates were not notified about this ceremony. I hope this is not a scam
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by obowunmi(m): 11:57pm On Feb 07, 2012
Pls keep us posted on these so-called representative, are they new-born babies to be awarded 10million?

I knew hands were clean on this when I saw Igbenedion and Adenuga's children name on the list of finalists.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 08, 2012
chei:

I'm also worried about this. I wonder who the representatives of the candidates really are, because the real candidates were not notified about this ceremony. I hope this is not a scam

It seems the whole program has been "arranged" and scripted. The winners have already been predetermined and chosen. I wish you luck sha, but if they organized a ceremony and claimed that representatives of the 6000 candidates were present at the ceremony while you and others you know who are really part of the 6000 were shunned and unaware of the ceremony, then it means you're out of luck.
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by damseremie(m): 10:21am On Feb 08, 2012
Guess we'll have to wait and see, I would like to believe since the ceremony took place in Abuja and they have all our contact details, they simply looked at it and called a few people outta to 6000 who are based in Abuja to be at the ceremony, It's Logical, Abi did u want all 6000 to be there? What purpose will that serve?
Lets wait for the 19th and then we decide?
Me sef dey wait, grin grin
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Deji35: 9:07pm On Apr 05, 2012
My wife got the mail below after previously being selected as a potential awardee. Anyone with same?

Dear Adesola Oyedele

You are hereby invited to attend the Presidential Award Ceremony for the Youth Enterprise With Innovation in Nigeria (YouWiN!) Programme scheduled to take place as follows:

Date: Thursday April 12, 2012
Venue: Banquet Hall, State House, Abuja
Time: 8:00 a.m

This email serves as an invitation letter, should you decide to attend the ceremony. Please note that attendance at the ceremony is not mandatory. However, we will use the opportunity to complete the pre-disbursement validation process for those who are able to attend. To this end, please bring the following original documents with you if you decide to attend:

A. All provisional awardees should come with the following:

i. Government approved Identification that includes a picture, full names and date of birth (e.g., passport, driver’s license, national ID).

ii. Birth certificate or sworn affidavit of age.

B. Existing business owners should bring the following in addition to group A above:

i. CAC Registration documents if you already have them.

ii. Evidence of cash flow from the existing company, such as:

a. Corporate bank statements (within the last 3 months) showing inflow from customers.

b. Receipts and/or invoices for customers.

c. Purchase Orders from customers.

d. Evidence of salary payments to existing staff.

e. Applicable business permits, etc.

Please print and bring this email along with your government issued identification document(s) to the Award Ceremony venue. These documents will grant entry for you only. The Federal Government will provide a small stipend to subsidize your travel and accommodation costs for the event.

Kindly respond to confirm your attendance with a “Yes, I will attend”, or a ‘No, I am unable to attend” in the subject line of your email. Please send responses to admin@youwin.org.ng by close of business on Tuesday April 10, 2012.

N.B: Please note that this email is sent without prejudice to the prerogative of the Federal Government of Nigeria to withdraw, terminate or modify the YouWiN Program at any time without notice to you.

YouWiN! Programme Secretariat
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by Deji35: 9:16pm On Apr 05, 2012
My wife got the mail below after previously being selected as a potential awardee. Anyone with same?

Dear Adesola Oyedele

You are hereby invited to attend the Presidential Award Ceremony for the Youth Enterprise With Innovation in Nigeria (YouWiN!) Programme scheduled to take place as follows:

Date: Thursday April 12, 2012
Venue: Banquet Hall, State House, Abuja
Time: 8:00 a.m

This email serves as an invitation letter, should you decide to attend the ceremony. Please note that attendance at the ceremony is not mandatory. However, we will use the opportunity to complete the pre-disbursement validation process for those who are able to attend. To this end, please bring the following original documents with you if you decide to attend:

A. All provisional awardees should come with the following:

i. Government approved Identification that includes a picture, full names and date of birth (e.g., passport, driver’s license, national ID).

ii. Birth certificate or sworn affidavit of age.

B. Existing business owners should bring the following in addition to group A above:

i. CAC Registration documents if you already have them.

ii. Evidence of cash flow from the existing company, such as:

a. Corporate bank statements (within the last 3 months) showing inflow from customers.

b. Receipts and/or invoices for customers.

c. Purchase Orders from customers.

d. Evidence of salary payments to existing staff.

e. Applicable business permits, etc.

Please print and bring this email along with your government issued identification document(s) to the Award Ceremony venue. These documents will grant entry for you only. The Federal Government will provide a small stipend to subsidize your travel and accommodation costs for the event.

Kindly respond to confirm your attendance with a “Yes, I will attend”, or a ‘No, I am unable to attend” in the subject line of your email. Please send responses to admin@youwin.org.ng by close of business on Tuesday April 10, 2012.

N.B: Please note that this email is sent without prejudice to the prerogative of the Federal Government of Nigeria to withdraw, terminate or modify the YouWiN Program at any time without notice to you.

YouWiN! Programme Secretariat
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by sholatech(m): 4:25am On Apr 06, 2012
@Deji, yes, some of us got the same email and it had long be mentioned that the award will be on April 12. From Youwin website, it is a subset of the awardees that are invited for the Presidential Banquet
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by obowunmi(m): 5:31am On Apr 06, 2012
when will winners receive their money ? undecided undecided
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by milliams(m): 11:10am On Sep 05, 2012
NA wa ooo
Re: Youwin Winners To Access Funds Within 72 Days by sholatech(m): 2:04pm On Sep 05, 2012
Winners have started receiving their first tranche payments. Last batch will receive next week. And second tranche next month after their business set up have been verified. For doubting thomases, pls try and encourage your wives and sisters to apply for the next round which was launched by the president on September 3rd

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra / IDPs Protest Over Food In Maiduguri / Makinde Accuses Ajimobi Of Awarding N7bn Road Project To ‘faceless’ Contractor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.