Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session (18500 Views)

Unibadan Distance Learning 2011/2012 Admited Student Let Meet Here / National Open University Of Nigeria 2011/2012 / Yabatech 2011/2012 Admission List Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by NnamdiN: 2:55pm On Feb 10, 2012
Hmmm new tuskers in the building yaaay lol. Well y'all are very welcum. It's a gr8 family, u'd enjoy it. Me sef no wan grad again lol d school too sweet. Btw y none of una dey business faculty(the tightest in d school lol)
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by Chukkasy(m): 3:58pm On Feb 10, 2012
dabrake:
Team SUG and management are still discussing
no wahala, we dey wait
NnamdiN: It's a gr8 family, u'd enjoy it. Me sef no wan grad again lol d school too sweet.
choi! dis guy is whetting my appetite
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by Kadata(m): 4:05pm On Feb 10, 2012
UPDATE
  School fee schedule for the session is out. For freshers, the amount varies across various departments (e.g medicine &clinical sciences is N37,500; law is N35,250; communication arts, theatre arts and music is N37,750 while engineering and science faculties pay N36,250 etc). I cant list all the departments and their respective fees here on nairaland- but the amount spans between 36,000 and 38,000 across all faculties for year 1 students. Accommodation fee remains N8,500. I've just paid mine- the earlier, the better.
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by dabrake(m): 4:15pm On Feb 10, 2012
There is no increment. In 2009, i paid N37,350(comp. Sci.). Hope you are referring to freshers? I believe the recently introduced foundation course programme is the answer to this.
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by titsqueez(m): 5:12pm On Feb 10, 2012
i once visited the university with a friend. Mehn, when i got home i had to buy headache tablet. the amount of babes in that uni made my head spin non stop
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by Kadata(m): 5:16pm On Feb 10, 2012
tit_squeez:

i once visited the university with a friend. Mehn, when i got home i had to buy headache tablet. the amount of babes in that uni made my head spin non stop
tongue grin
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by mystikal(m): 5:55pm On Feb 10, 2012
I think Freshers fee are always the most expensive. the following years fees go down, right.

Nice to see this school on Nairaland.

We (a group of friends) are handling a hostel project close to this School's permanent site. How much normally do self contained rooms go for here and any ideas for a stand out hostel?
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by NnamdiN: 6:02pm On Feb 10, 2012
Chukkasy:

dis guy is whetting my appetite
i 4got to warn,  it's advisable to leave flexing until after your 1st year. Usually freshers calm down after seeing their results(you should know what i mean). As for flexing, e no dey finish, just build your gp to a very comfortable level, den jolly all d way(i can assist in the jolly aspect lol). Again goodluck y'all
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by Kadata(m): 6:33pm On Feb 10, 2012
mystikal:

I think Freshers fee are always the most expensive. the following years fees go down, right.

Exactly
Nice to see this school on Nairaland.

**Smiles**
We (a group of friends) are handling a hostel project close to this School's permanent site. How much normally do self contained rooms go for here
depends on the quality.the lowest I can think of is N3,500/month and the highest I can vouch for (which must be very tite) is N4,000/month. Normally , students prefer the one-room thing which normally goes for N2,500/month.
and any ideas for a stand out hostel?

errmmmm, what exactly do you mean please
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by Kadata(m): 7:12pm On Feb 10, 2012
NnamdiN:

i 4got to warn,  it's advisable to leave flexing until after your 1st year. Usually freshers calm down after seeing their results(you should know what i mean). As for flexing, e no dey finish, just build your gp to a very comfortable level, den jolly all d way(i can assist in the jolly aspect lol). Again goodluck y'all    
True sha. As a fresher, the tastes and hype of Uni life coupled with the chics hovering all over the place screaming for attention can be quite disturbing. I've been in this place for years now and I've seen many rise to their academic heights with focus and single-mindedness- not deterred by distraction or the lost hooe that trails other students.
also, i have seen many fall(misty eyes)- and so great was their fall. I have seen very promising students- the type Jarus calls 'first-class material' on the other thread kiss the dust of academic failure and hopelessness. Time and again, I have asked. I have sought. And I have found. The reasons ar not far-fetched. Women, clubbing, wasted time , pride and lost-focus. Run away from these five and I see you already as a first class material. I dont know about other universities, but in the University Of Uyo- natural intelligence plays little or no role in determining your CGPA. I use myself as an example- Naturally, I am that guy that could miss as many classes as i wished. Once I got the note, or a wind of what was taught- I could spin an A. I pulled the stunt in my first year and unluckily got a 4.50. I know if I was more serious, I would've had 4.90 and above. In Medicine, the story of GPA starts and stops in Year 1. So from Year 2 upwards, we deal with Pass/Fail Grade. So, I never had the chance again to prove to myself that I can actually make a 4.9 or above.
That's my story. Some of you reading this may not be that lucky. Marry focus from day1 you assume studentship in this great institution. Dont ever. I repeat- dont ever miss a class. Don't ever miss a test- I repeat dont ever miss a test. A junior colleague of mine is on his way out of Medical school for missing a test. Imagine how trivial it is
I know many of you have dreams of becoming first class graduates. But the only thing between you and that dream depends on your focus. Leave girls, clubs and laziness when sch is in session- for when the holiday comes, ye shall have ample time to flex as you wish.
Congrats.
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by ortopazz(m): 7:14pm On Feb 10, 2012
tit_squeez:

guy just cnt stop laughing mahn! I mean guy if u wan follow yansh u go enta water wer dip pass latex paparipapa
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by ortopazz(m): 7:32pm On Feb 10, 2012
At times when our lives take us into perilous situations I ask what actually led us first into it, itz all the same thing temptations to taste the 4biden fruit.

Yesterday here in ORON, I was sitting wiv a guy in theatre arts in Tusker republique going to his 200level in it and the one thing he shard wiv me that got me all discombubulated was how he said, during his forst semester a 'dead drop chic' came to him and requestd 4 his brain during exams inexchange 4 doe, he was broke and had no choice, despite stiff conditions he wrote jus a paper for her and she got a 'C' unluckily 4 her dat was the only paper she passd, and thz was due to the fakt that she was helpd.

2nd semestar came and she said she wasnt going clubbin again, yt during exams she offered to pay 7grand a paper and d boy turnd d request believing that he wasnt helping her, and right in his very b4 she tore txtbuks and slit it under her undies! I mean imagin the tenacity, she got away unscathed, buh those who normally read and wantd to taste cheap paths got burnt! What wud av happnd if she shut her holes and read during the semester, wud it have warrantd such drastic measures?

Bottomline I beg of my fellow freshaz please It has bin said one time 2 many, first years r the pathway to xcellence in school, itz bin drummd in2 my earz more a gasoline running thru pipes lets nt blow this chance to put ourselves on the right pedestal!.

Thank u.
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by abialic(m): 7:38pm On Feb 10, 2012
FEES PAYABLE FOR 2011/2012 ACADEMIC SESSION. MBA PROGRAMME <New students> 1st sem #64,650; Second sem #48,250 <Yr 2 students> 1st sem #48,650; Second sem #48,250 <Yr 3 and above> 1st sem #43,650; Second sem #43,250 Receiving Bank: Uniuyo MFBank PHD PROGRAMME <New students> 1st sem #86,650; Second sem #70,250 <Yr 2 students> 1st sem #74,150; Second sem #70,250 <Yr 3 and above> 1st sem #69,150; Second sem #65,250 Receiving Bank: Uniuyo MFBank {SOURCE: PG Sch.Main Campus 10/02/2012} Please be guided.
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by belovedaja(m): 7:40pm On Feb 10, 2012
I want to inter-university transfer from uniport to uniuyo(pharmacy). Will i still be accepted this session(2011/2012) in uniuyo pharmacy. Please i need help.
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by Kadata(m): 8:06pm On Feb 10, 2012
belovedaja:

I want to inter-university transfer from uniport to uniuyo(pharmacy). Will i still be accepted this session(2011/2012) in uniuyo pharmacy. Please i need help.
My brother, the door for admission into any course via any media in the 2011/2012 session is almost closed. Suffice me to point out that the 2011/2012 session kicks off on Monday 13th Feb, 2012.
However, for sake of future reference- inter-university transfer is not given prior attention to in the University of Uyo. That doesn't mean it does not happen. In Medicine, it does not happen. I can't vouch for Pharmacy. But I'd make the effort of making findings in the Faculty of Pharmacy. You may get a feedback on Monday.
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by abialic(m): 8:12pm On Feb 10, 2012
My earlier post is for MBA & PHD Business Admin programmes in Uniuyo.
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by Chukkasy(m): 8:25pm On Feb 10, 2012
Pls who should d leta of recommendation b addressed 2, registrar or vc?
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by Kadata(m): 8:35pm On Feb 10, 2012
Chukkasy:

Pls who should d leta of recommendation b addressed 2, registrar or vc?
The Registrar,
University Of Uyo,
Uyo.
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by Chukkasy(m): 8:41pm On Feb 10, 2012
Kadata: I know many of you have dreams of becoming first class graduates.
i want a first class so bad its becoming an obssession. It took me so many years 2 gain this admission, y wud i spurn this opportuinity for pleasure? (a man can neva know the value of what he didn't suffer 2 get). tnk u all 4 ur candid advices, its nice 2 b in d midst of like-minded individuals.
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by Kadata(m): 8:49pm On Feb 10, 2012
Chukkasy:

i want a first class so bad its becoming an obssession. It took me so many years 2 gain this admission, y wud i spurn this opportuinity for pleasure? (a man can neva know the value of what he didn't suffer 2 get). tnk u all 4 ur candid advices, its nice 2 b in d midst of like-minded individuals.
grin
that sounds like it
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by Chukkasy(m): 8:50pm On Feb 10, 2012
Kadata:
The Registrar,
University Of Uyo,
Uyo.
alright
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by Chukkasy(m): 8:52pm On Feb 10, 2012
Finally we don enta front page
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by Chukkasy(m): 8:58pm On Feb 10, 2012
NnamdiN:
i 4got to warn,  it's advisable to leave flexing until after your 1st year. As for flexing, e no dey finish, just build your gp to a very comfortable level. Again goodluck y'all    
Errrm, noted sir.(wasn't planning on it anyway)
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by Kadata(m): 9:03pm On Feb 10, 2012
Chukkasy:

Finally we don enta front page

Yeeaaahh. The Mods are Great
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by Chukkasy(m): 9:04pm On Feb 10, 2012
ortopazz: that got me all discombubulated
chai, orto, easy naa. Haba
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by mystikal(m): 9:05pm On Feb 10, 2012
Kadata:

Exactly**Smiles**depends on the quality.the lowest I can think of is N3,500/month and the highest I can vouch for (which must be very tite) is N4,000/month. Normally , students prefer the one-room thing which normally goes for N2,500/month.  
errmmmm, what exactly do you mean please

I was looking for suggestions to the kind of hostels students would really like or something that hasnt been done before but Students might like done.
Thanks for taking the pains to answer the earlier questions
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by Kadata(m): 9:12pm On Feb 10, 2012
NnamdiN:

Chukkasy:

Errrm, noted sir.(wasn't planning on it anyway)

grin

LOL
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by AndrewFlexx9(m): 9:25pm On Feb 10, 2012
Pls Kadata,abt d WAEC Result,i hv my 2008 Statement of Result n Testimonal signed & Stamped by d Principal,but i dont hv d original cert with me,is it ok 4 d screening? thanks
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by Kadata(m): 9:26pm On Feb 10, 2012
mystikal:

I was looking for suggestions to the kind of hostels students would really like
Sincerely, students over here dont really have a choice when it comes to accommodation that they really like. 60% seem to be inspired by the cost- how cheap it is. However, the 39% handful that might go for quality(esp the girls) might love a clean place. I think we are more moved by this than even style(if noticed at all)

or something that hasnt been done before but Students might like done.
hmmmm, my brother this one take style hard  o o o . Na students naaa- nor be family men or women. A neat place to lay your head, receive a couple of visitors, prolly read and close enough to school is perfect.
Thanks for taking the pains to answer the earlier questions
you're welcome. Anyday.
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by Kadata(m): 9:39pm On Feb 10, 2012
AndrewFlexx9:

Pls Kadata,abt d WAEC Result,i hv my 2008 Statement of Result n Testimonal signed & Stamped by d Principal,but i dont hv d original cert with me,is it ok 4 d screening? thanks
@bolded- hmmm. Find am o o o . They normally give a waiver to those that took their O'level 2 years prior to the screening. That's from 2010-2012- so you see say 2008 nor join. They might accept the statement of result but i nor too sure o o o
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by ortopazz(m): 9:58pm On Feb 10, 2012
No kwalms guys lets go 4 1st.class atleast with our targets set and being Enrolld in2 Mr.focus skul of educ. We wud get dia.
Re: University Of Uyo To Resume 2011/2012 Academic Session by Redpoet: 10:12pm On Feb 10, 2012
please, my letter of recommendation is addressed to 'to whom it may concern.' Is it acceptable?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NSE Opens 2016 Essay Competition To Promote Financial Literacy / OAU Students Kick Against ‘No Election Break’ Declaration / JAMB Results For July 1, 2017 Are Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.