Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Aviation - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Aviation (5391 Views)

Aviation Scholarship. / Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers / The Challenges Of Being A Female Pilot In The Nigerian Aviation Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aviation by CaptZack: 8:28pm On Feb 04, 2012
This forum will be mainly to help out student seeking education and career in the aviation industry.
Re: Aviation by clem2love(m): 1:41am On Feb 05, 2012
NICE TO READ FROM YOU,

GETTING INTO AVIATION IS NOT MUCH BUT IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHICH ASPECT OF AVIATION YOU REALY WAHT TO GO INTO.

FOR MORE INFO JOIN ME ON FB:
or mail me
clem2love2002@yahoo.com
Re: Aviation by Wilfredng: 5:16am On Feb 06, 2012
Capt.Zack:

This forum will be mainly to help out student seeking education and career in the aviation industry.

Home or abroad?
Re: Aviation by CaptZack: 1:22pm On Feb 12, 2012
Ground school and preparation will take place in Lagos and then of to the U.S.
Re: Aviation by titoola: 10:52am On Feb 13, 2012
please i intend to build a career in the aviation industry in the area of customer service. what do i need to know and do please. Thank you
Re: Aviation by CaptZack: 1:32pm On Feb 13, 2012
Dear ,
Customer service agent is a broad testament.
Usually customer agents have strong knowledge about the various department of the company they work for. therefore in most cases companies promotes the customer service agents from within. I suggest you start taking courses in the that area and join an aviation company in a department that will allow you to move quickly to the area you need.
there are schools that teach ticketing and reservations in the U.S. I will be happy to help if you like to go any further with it.
My main job is to educate and recruit students to become pilots, flight attendants, dispatchers.
Re: Aviation by titoola: 2:38pm On Feb 13, 2012
Thanks for the reply Capt Zack.but i want to understand clearly,are you saying that i cant be employed as a customer service professional in the aviation industry from entry level?and i will appreciate any information i can get on the necesary trainings and courses i need to build my career.

Thanks again
Re: Aviation by stuffs4me(m): 7:57pm On Feb 20, 2012
Hi Capt. Zack,

My younger brother has shown considerable interest in Helicopter flying and NCAT doesn’t offer that. Do you think we can get any good but not so expensive helicopter school in the USA?

Thanks
Re: Aviation by nonso211: 9:27am On May 03, 2012
i wont advice you to go to the US 2 train from scarch cos when you get ur PPL and CPL from the US the certificate/license is not the recognized in africa i"ll advice you to tell him to do his PPL nd CPL in South africa and later proceed to europe or US for his ATL. That better for more info mail mi nonso211@yahoo.com or call +27783120012 i'm in SA at d momnt
Re: Aviation by wilson007: 7:28am On May 04, 2012
Hello guys, my name is wilson and I am a flight dispatcher, just recently completed my training at emirates aviation college dubai and I'm back in nigeria looking for an airline to do my on the job training.. Any dispatchers in the house and I must add, aviation is the best.. Woooooohooooooo!!!!!!
Re: Aviation by Yhinkite(f): 4:19am On Jun 09, 2012
Hello nairalanders, can you advice me to go for ticketting and reservation iata certification considering its job prospects. Thanks.
Re: Aviation by stuffs4me(m): 9:19am On Jan 06, 2013
wilson007: Hello guys, my name is wilson and I am a flight dispatcher, just recently completed my training at emirates aviation college dubai and I'm back in nigeria looking for an airline to do my on the job training.. Any dispatchers in the house and I must add, aviation is the best.. Woooooohooooooo!!!!!!

wilson,
wat exactly do flight dispatchers do.. is the same as Standard Flight Operations?
Re: Aviation by Morhakon47(m): 6:09pm On Jan 09, 2013
Capt.Zack:
Capt. Zack. Please I'm interested in the aviation training program. Can I get more information about it? I mean course duration and likely cost. My email is morhakon@yahoo.com
Re: Aviation by shegs90(m): 12:14am On Jan 13, 2013
Hello nairalanders, i have a friend who just finished ticketting and reservation iata certification and wants to get a place for internship. Any help pls.
Re: Aviation by clem2love(m): 2:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
Dear NL

Sorry am just replying now, like I said before,

"GETTING INTO AVIATION IS NOT MUCH BUT IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHICH ASPECT OF AVIATION YOU REALY WAHT TO GO INTO"

I did my "IATA FARE BASIS" In UAE it gave me more edge over other we apply for an interview. am not saying you do the same.

so if you are planning to do the same seek for the right path

God Bless you all
Re: Aviation by clem2love(m): 1:35pm On Mar 15, 2015
Dear NL,

GREETINGS !!!

Thanks for your enquiry with for IATA/UFTAA Foundation!!!

We are a training institute, offering courses in Travel and Tourism and IT related courses.

The next batch for IATA/UFTAA Foundation would commence on March 21st 2015. The IATA examinations would be on the 1st or 2nd week of June 2015.

It is the responsibility of the students to avail the visa and other requirements and formalities. They should have minimum of 90 days Visa Validity.

Upon the successful completion of the travel course, we would be assisting you with placements. Attaining a job is purely on the caliber of the students. Hence we do not assure jobs, but can assist you the same.

We have an early bird offer going on for those registering before 20th March 2015. The offer price is AED 5800. The actual price for the course is AED 6500.

Given below are the details for the course:

COURSE INTRODUCTION

Enable newcomers with no working knowledge or skills to function in a travel related sales and customer service business anywhere in the world.

The student will also get familiarized with the industry codes, terminologies, regulations. The Air Fares and Ticketing subject would enable them to understand basic fare construction principles and checks, interpret electronic flight coupons, Issue e-tickets, and Describe the BSP System, Identify credit card payment processes. The student will be familiar with visa and health requirements, as well as tour programme.

The course requires, about 180 hours of intensive study.

On successful completion, you would be entitled an IATA/UFTAA International Travel & Tourism Foundation Diploma and will be entitled to add the designation “DTTF”, after your name.

WHO SHOULD APPLY?

Plus two is the minimum qualification of this course.

A person, who wishes to have a career in the travel industry, can opt for this course.

Entry level managers, Middle-management in the travel industry, Agency back office staff members, Agency business owners, can also attend this course.

Basic reading, writing and speaking in the English language is necessary.

CAREER OPPORTUNITIES

Reservation & Ticketing Executive, Airline Call Center executive, Customer Service, Executive (airports), Traffic Assistant (airports),Tour Operator , Tour Guide, Sales Executive (Airlines), Marketing Executive (Airlines), IATA Instructor

COURSE CONTENT

Three courses in one

· GENERAL INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE

· INTERNATIONAL AIR FARES & TICKETING

· GDS TRAINING-Galileo, Sabre or Abacus

COURSE SCHEDULE

Course duration: 180 hours

Course days: Weekday batch: Sat, Mon, Wed

Morning Batch: 09:30am-1:00 p m

Evening batch: 07:00pm -09:30 p m

Weekend batch: Fridays: 09:30-03:30 p m

Model exams: 10 papers

EXAMINATION

Exams conducted by: IATA

Nos. of papers: 1

Duration: 3 hours

Exam venue: Fixed by IATA

COURSE FEE

AED 6500

Installments: 3

AED 2500 1st installment

AED 2000 2nd installment

AED 2000 3rd installment

ADMISSION REQUIEMENTS

2 passport size photographs, Passport copy/Emirates Id and fee as specified in the Fee Policy

REFUND POLICY

For course cancelled by institution:

100% refund of the course fee

For course cancelled by student:

· 50% refund of course fee before the commencement of course

· No refund of course fee after the commencement of course.
Re: Aviation by jessedesmond: 11:41pm On Oct 27, 2015
CaptZack:
I have an interest in becoming a pilot. I'm in 200level industrial chemistry and I want to know can I still be a pilot after studying chemistry in the uni or do I have to study a particular course in the uni for it
Here's my email and phone number- ugonnaikwuka@ymail.com 08071415247, 08187236511 I need every information for a beginner
Re: Aviation by jessedesmond: 11:45pm On Oct 27, 2015
Please I'm in 300level industrial chemistry unizik. I have a burning desire to become a pilot. I don't know anything about anything so please I need all the information I can get. Can I still become a pilot after going to the university and studying chemistry?
Re: Aviation by Djzee2010(m): 2:46am On Mar 09, 2016
wilson007:
Hello guys, my name is wilson and I am a flight dispatcher, just recently completed my training at emirates aviation college dubai and I'm back in nigeria looking for an airline to do my on the job training.. Any dispatchers in the house and I must add, aviation is the best.. Woooooohooooooo!!!!!!
Please contact me on +2348147115217 am really interested although my target is a pilot but I have to start some where since I can't raise the price of a pilot. Call me or email me @ djzee2010@yahoo.com or send me your number(contact) thanks.
Re: Aviation by Djzee2010(m): 2:48am On Mar 09, 2016
CaptZack:
How can you help me sir I want to study flight dispatch.
Re: Aviation by okikiosibodu(m): 6:51pm On Sep 12, 2016
stuffs4me:

Hi Capt. Zack,

My younger brother has shown considerable interest in Helicopter flying and NCAT doesn’t offer that. Do you think we can get any good but not so expensive helicopter school in the USA?

Thanks
Good day to you. I checked out your profile just now after seeing your post...you seem to be one of the few on this thread that is still active.are you a pilot now?
Re: Aviation by Pureeze: 2:02pm On Jul 05, 2021
Who is in aviation. What is the latest in terms of job offer. Please educate us.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Electrical, Inverter And Solar Practical Installation Training In Port Harcourt, / Career In Physics/industrial Physics In Nigeria / See The Nigerian Army Ranks And Their Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.