Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,789 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Should A Beginner Learn 2 Programming Languages At Once? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Should A Beginner Learn 2 Programming Languages At Once? (12340 Views)

2 Programming Languages For Andriod(. Apk) / Help A Beginner Learn Web N Mobile App Designing / Top 15 Programming Languages To Learn 2014-2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Beginner Learn 2 Programming Languages At Once? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 08, 2012
@foluski stop derailing the thread o jare - which kind bush you come from? u can contact me via support @ . net
Re: Should A Beginner Learn 2 Programming Languages At Once? by Fayimora(m): 1:46am On Feb 09, 2012
Hmmmm
Re: Should A Beginner Learn 2 Programming Languages At Once? by DonSegmond(m): 12:42am On Feb 15, 2012
Learning a programming language is not the same as programming.
You have to learn how to solve problems (data structures & algorithms)
Re: Should A Beginner Learn 2 Programming Languages At Once? by charlsecy(m): 9:01am On Oct 24, 2014
Ok.
Re: Should A Beginner Learn 2 Programming Languages At Once? by Raypawer(m): 7:02pm On Oct 25, 2014
delomos:
C# and PHP are almost two similar languages with one distinct difference, one is strongly-typed, the other doesn't compiles at run-time. If none of what I just said makes sense, forget learning C# or PHP, learn the basics first.

What you want to aim for is to be able to "speak" multiple languages and pick up new one with ease; not understanding the basics makes that difficult, learning syntax is only half the story -- since you're new, I will strongly advise against PHP or C#, they seem simple but they have a lot of crutches and gotchas for a bigger (plus too many barriers to entry). Try learning a language that you can start being productive almost right away and also learn core coding skills. In my experience, all those videos, and all solve specific problems and narrow things down too much, not good for starting out.

I advice you learn coding with Python or Ruby (not both), ignore the nay-sayer or all the big buzz-words flying around, start simple (yes, everybody wants to write their own "cool" stuff then the world is fool of junks) -- and you can start right away here: http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/ and if you prefer to get a book, get this: Python Programming: An Introduction to Computer Science (don't let the tile scare you, it's really fun)

Welcome to the fun world of programming, we're the learning never stops smiley

i can see... seun's brother!

Python men. what made c# that difficult to start up with
Re: Should A Beginner Learn 2 Programming Languages At Once? by Raypawer(m): 7:14pm On Oct 25, 2014
dhtml18:
*autoignore* Aye, much better. . .
@OP, take if from a multilingual progranmmer, it is better to start out with an OOP - because the whole world is now OOP.

simple! OOP z the best to start with as a newbie. it will be easy to learn other languages!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk / The Future Of Machine Learning In Nigeria / Trying To Run Php Project After Installing Wamp Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.