₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,009,912 members, 4,263,483 topics. Date: Monday, 28 May 2018 at 02:24 AM

Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? (88611 Views)

How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? / Which State Has The Best Nysc Camp? / Which State Pays Corpers The Highest Salary? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by mandy4s: 5:26am On Feb 05, 2012
Good morning peeps!
I have been a member of this great forum for a while now (though not really active). Given the number of post I view each day and the replies/comments that follow them, I have concluded that nairalanders are very helpful lads indeed when it comes to rendering aid on any topic as well as some of us could be terribly annoying.
With that said, I need you guys to help me out on this one here. I am an undergraduate eligible for NYSC posting this year. Now I really want to know which states would be nice to serve in. this question is based on the fact that various states present varying opportunities, some more tasty than others while the rest are under par. And as undergrads, we all know that NYSC period is the time to get ourselves prepared for the ugly society that awaits us. This means we have to build ourselves “FINANCIALLY” grin grin wink and this is my major concern. That said, based on the following factors which state would you guys suggest: 1) Availability of multinational companies
2) State salary paid to corpers
3) Entrepreneurial strength
In fact a state with high density of companies that cut across all sectors (oil, telecoms, agric, etc.)
Thanks so much for your esteemed
cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by Dabss(m): 8:43am On Feb 05, 2012
Maidugari just pray you come back in one piece!

2 Likes

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by Nobody: 12:58am On Feb 06, 2012
Lagos or portharcourt but u may end up in a classroom in one the remote villages.

1 Like

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by Wilfredng: 5:07am On Feb 06, 2012
mandy4$:

Good morning peeps!
I have been a member of this great forum for a while now (though not really active). Given the number of post I view each day and the replies/comments that follow them, I have concluded that nairalanders are very helpful lads indeed when it comes to rendering aid on any topic as well as some of us could be terribly annoying.
With that said, I need you guys to help me out on this one here. I am an undergraduate eligible for NYSC posting this year. Now I really want to know which states would be nice to serve in. this question is based on the fact that various states present varying opportunities, some more tasty than others while the rest are under par. And as undergrads, we all know that NYSC period is the time to get ourselves prepared for the ugly society that awaits us. This means we have to build ourselves “FINANCIALLY” grin grin wink and this is my major concern. That said, based on the following factors which state would you guys suggest: 1) Availability of multinational companies
2) State salary paid to corpers
3) Entrepreneurial strength
In fact a state with high density of companies that cut across all sectors (oil, telecoms, agric, etc.)
Thanks so much for your esteemed
cool cool cool

Don't go to service with anywhere or anything on your mind. Just accept to serve the country in anywhere you find yourself. In so doing the ancient spirit of this country will favour you. What matters is not where you find yourself. Your destiny is the key! Good luck.

21 Likes

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by mandy4s: 11:58pm On Feb 06, 2012
thanks emzybrown. some people actually mentioned p.harcourt(rivers state) to me, but quite too close for me considering the fact that i am from akwa ibom. also i did not really consider lagos (my kind of person doesn't like such cities). all the same am still considering my options. what of Delta State, Bayelsa what do you think?

Wilfred also, thank you for your contribution but i really dont think that serve my country thing works anymore. you see, these peeps causing unrest in the north do not appreciate us or do they you dont expect me to serve in borno or jos if posted there do you shocked shocked shocked shocked
take a look at niger state. i once fancied the place but see how they burnt corpers there last elections. here in the south, such gruesome acts were never recorded. please be practical in your opinion, not sentimental. ok.

4 Likes

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by BashMe1(m): 2:18pm On Feb 10, 2012
Enugu

1 Like

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by olawalebabs(m): 2:19pm On Feb 10, 2012
Any state in the south willbe okay due to the security concern, but i suggest either Osun, Edo or Delta.

2 Likes

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by stepo707: 2:25pm On Feb 10, 2012
Lagos

1 Like

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by Atigba(m): 2:27pm On Feb 10, 2012
Abj of course, u will feel the curidons of power, you will b giving preferencial treatment in d camp, during my time those soldiers were afraid to utter me arround because they believe corpers in fct re special.alot of opportunities, i got retained were i serve, i really enjoy myself, abj rocks

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by Ranks007(m): 2:31pm On Feb 10, 2012
I heard that some corpers are usually posted to Aso rock how true, I don't mind being a corper again?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by McAmah(m): 2:31pm On Feb 10, 2012
kano, u cud b posted 2 join d boko haram and u earn cool cash, tink abt it bro

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by ChefMike(m): 2:32pm On Feb 10, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy  I did mine in Imo state but am a Lagosian.Entrepreneurship is the only important factor I consider amongst all.If you can acquire additional skill is the best for it.Any state will afford you the opportunity to do this.Mind you don't go to the northern part of the country.I think you understand.

3 Likes

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by Afam4eva(m): 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2012
Since you want to be close to multinational companies then Lagos, Abuja and Port-hacourt should be an ideal choice. But if you want tranquility, go to Enugu, Owerri or Calabar. If seeing dead people is your forthe, go to Borno, Kano and Zamfara. Good luck.

8 Likes

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by KejiOJ(m): 2:39pm On Feb 10, 2012
Eko ile
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by tjdj: 2:43pm On Feb 10, 2012
Did i hear you say "also i did not really consider lagos (my kind of person doesn't like such cities).,and you want a state with multinational companies and all other qualities you mentioned above and yet you dont want Lagos and PH,you must be kidding, psssssh,if care is not taken you could land in sokoto state where you will be posted to secondary school where their SS3 students cannot even understand what you are saying, My NYSC experience in that state was the worst one year of my life, my landlords wife was in 300 level in Usman Danfodio University as at that time and once you speak to her she will reply "BA TURAIN SHI" i dont understand english" shocked

6 Likes

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 10, 2012
Guy don't even think about it. Im currently doing my youth service in Lagos and i must say . . . it is one among the best decision i've taken.
Your destine is in your hands. If you can by any way lobby your way down to Lagos, pls do. Na for here e dey hapen. Im servicing in a good company. That means they pay well and coupled with the experience im acquiring. If is not Lagos, Abuja or Ph, then your chances of getting a better place(company) to serve is very slim. No dull!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by temmytanny(m): 2:57pm On Feb 10, 2012
BORNO, grin grin grin grin grin kidding!
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 10, 2012
Ph, abuja, lagos, calabar.

1 Like

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by nxanadu: 3:04pm On Feb 10, 2012
kano, kaduna or jos grin and u'll do ur primary assignment wit boko A insurance plc. good pay, good job and they'll retain u after service

1 Like

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by naijaobi(m): 3:06pm On Feb 10, 2012
yorke:

Guy don't even think about it. Im currently doing my youth service in Lagos and i must say . . . it is one among the best decision i've taken.
Your destine is in your hands. If you can by any way lobby your way down to Lagos, pls do. Na for here e dey hapen. Im servicing in a good company. That means they pay well and coupled with the experience im acquiring. If is not Lagos, Abuja or Ph, then your chances of getting a better place(company) to serve is very slim. No dull!
LOL, which one be servicing, lol grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by chidike(m): 3:17pm On Feb 10, 2012
Guys! Pls i want to work my service to lagos! i'm serving next month, pls this is really serious, if you can help pls drop your number so i can reach you, only serious people abeg. Thanks!
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 10, 2012
naijaobi:

LOL, which one be servicing, lol grin grin grin grin
lol, hahahaha. Funny. grin grin grin. Over excitement i guess was the reason for that mistake.
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 10, 2012
chidike:

Guys! Pls i want to work my service to lagos! i'm serving next month, pls this is really serious, if you can help pls drop your number so i can reach you, only serious people abeg. Thanks!
I can help you bt i cant drop my number online,
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by chidike(m): 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2012
Yorke! Kk, email me abeg! Camp starts 6th of march and call up letters will be sent towards the end of this month. all4dany@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by Kechukwu: 3:33pm On Feb 10, 2012
My friend, use ur tongue count your teeth  grin and you wil know the states to avoid. I did my NYSC in Abuja bt i now work in Lagos. If you have a goal of life after service year aside Lagos, Abuja $ PH  u can still achieve it.

All you need to do is self development with a good professional program of choice because ur degree is nt really the in thing.

All the best

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by Toaskarity(m): 3:38pm On Feb 10, 2012
Apart from crises in north, there is no problem serving there. I heard its not stressfull there compared to cities like my teacher in secondary said they maybe 30 at the beginning of a term before the mid-term, fifteen has disappeared and if you work for the govt, that one na enjoyment.

As for what you want , go to abuja.My sister served there and working in an international school.  I missed stuff like this tho
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by truetalk01(m): 3:45pm On Feb 10, 2012
Delta
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2012
chidike:

Yorke! Kk, email me abeg! Camp starts 6th of march and call up letters will be sent towards the end of this month. all4dany@gmail.com
check you email. and send ur number to me via inbox.

1 Like

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by sugar001(f): 3:48pm On Feb 10, 2012
Delta state. Warri.
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 10, 2012
yorke:

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry hope say people branch class through out their stay for school, **just thinking**

1 Like

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by Mkpotu(m): 3:49pm On Feb 10, 2012
Guy choose Bayelsa, Jigawa, Taraba, Ekiti, Ebonyi or Osun, u need to serve ur fada land.
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For NYSC Service? by chidike(m): 3:52pm On Feb 10, 2012
@ yorke i've replied, thanks!

Guys i heard that Rivers pay their corp members 110k after service, is this true?

2 Likes

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is She The Biggest Female Copper In Nigeria? / Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? / Male Corper Carries Two Female Corpers On Both Hands At The Same Time (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.