Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,142 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Nigeria Six Arms Of Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Six Arms Of Government (13943 Views)

Ahmed Musa Ibeto, Niger Deputy Governor Ejected Out Of Government House / Summary Of Pvcs Distribution In Nigeria’s Six Geopolitical Zones / What Are The Three Arms Of Government And Their Symbols Of Authority? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by Ozegbe(m): 5:09pm On Feb 05, 2012
NIGERIA’s six arms of government — executive, legislature, cabals, protesters, judiciary and terrorists — have been engaged in a weekly battle for supremacy over which arm would dominate the news headlines. At the turn of the New Year, the executive gained the upper hand when they removed the subsidy on fuel. Reports say this made President Jonathan very proud and happy butit was to be short-lived as the protesters arm took over the next week, and even gained international media attention. The jealousy from the other arms was palpable. Next to make the news was the terrorists arm in Kano, then the legislators through the house probe panel in which the cabal arm made guest appearances. Last week was the judiciary week as the angry courts deposed the Obong of Calabar, remanded the Edo Attorney General in prison custody for four days, sentenced Hamza Al-Mustapha to death, ended the tenures of five governors and acquitted ex-speaker Bankole and his deputy. As the strategy sessions continue and a new week begins, the question on the lips of all Nigerians is which arm would seize the momentum this week? Actually we would soon have the seventh arm (biafranist).
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by LogicMind: 11:35pm On Feb 05, 2012
long live the peoples republic of biafra
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by Jakumo(m): 9:10am On Feb 06, 2012
Ozegbe:

NIGERIA’s six arms of government — executive, legislature, cabals, protesters, judiciary and terrorists — have been engaged in a weekly battle for supremacy over which arm would dominate the news headlines.

Actually we would soon have the seventh arm (biafranist).

This breakdown is incomplete, Ozegbe, since you have neglected to mention the Armed Robbery Federation of Nigeria, comprising the civilian and uniformed chapters, who all assume full constitutional powers during hours of darkness. Also the Kidnappers and Human Organ-Harvesters Union must not be forgotten, since they patiently wait, scalpels poised, at the final stop for many an unwitting Nigerian organ-donor.

Last but certainly not the least, Nigeria's Money-Laundering Miracle Pastors Guild deserves an honorable mention, since the holy MEMBERS of that exalted class own the largest fleet of corporate luxury jets from the desert to the sea, and all of sunny Nigeria, while assisting Nigerian politicians to SPIRIT embezzled public funds to Dubai, in the name of Jeeeeesus, Amen !     

All told, therefore, there exist TEN arms of government currently vying for supremacy and political relevance in contemporary Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 06, 2012
Which is the most powerful and recognized?
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by maclatunji: 3:23pm On Feb 06, 2012
What about the Nigerian Internet Ninjas (NINJAS)?
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by sylve11: 3:36pm On Feb 06, 2012
lol grin grin cool
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by babaowo: 3:42pm On Feb 06, 2012
what about cyber activist?
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by Wallie(m): 4:03pm On Feb 06, 2012
CliffsNotes (Competing Arms of Government shocked)

1. Executive
2. Legislature
3. Judiciary
4. Cabals
5. Protesters
    5(a). Nigerian Internet Ninjas (NINJAS)
    5(b). Cyber Activist
6. Terrorists
7. Armed Robbery Federation of Nigeria
8. Money-Laundering Miracle Pastors Guild
9. Kidnappers and Human Organ-Harvesters Union
10. Biafranist?
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by executinal(m): 4:52pm On Feb 06, 2012
maclatunji:

What about the Nigerian Internet Ninjas (NINJAS)?
grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 06, 2012
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by MAYOWAAK: 5:04pm On Feb 06, 2012
IBB, OBJ and GEJ were set to face a firing squad. IBB was the first one placed against the wall and just before the order was given he yelled out, "Earthquake!" The firing squad fell into a panic and He jumped over the wall and escaped in the confusion.

OBJ was the second one placed against the wall. The squad was reassembled and Baba pondered what he had just witnessed. Again before the order was given he yelled out, "Boko Haram, Again the squad fell apart and Baba slipped over the wall.

The last person, GEJ was placed against the wall. He was thinking, "I see the pattern here, just scream out something about a disaster and hop over the wall." He confidently refused the blindfold as the firing squad was reassembled. As the rifles were raised in his direction he grinned from ear to ear and yelled, "Fire!"
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by purplekayc(m): 5:28pm On Feb 06, 2012
na h wah oo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by Yeske2(m): 5:59pm On Feb 06, 2012
Funny but kind of true.
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by Ozegbe(m): 6:02pm On Feb 06, 2012
@ranks007 by the end of february we will find out the supreme
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by Afam4eva(m): 6:09pm On Feb 06, 2012
Boko haram seems to be the strongest arm of government with the armed robbbery parastatal coming a close second grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by alex406(m): 6:46pm On Feb 06, 2012
By end of feb. We everything in 9ja will be good overnight. Courtesy G.O Redeem. Crossed fingers!
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by ekwynwa: 8:24pm On Feb 06, 2012
hilarious grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by Pa22(m): 8:27pm On Feb 06, 2012
HÅ.=D .НÅ.  =D .НÅ. =D .НÅ. !
Una nor go kill person O!
What of MEND na? Abeg make una include ma region abeg! Dem don resume O!
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 06, 2012
=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°=))
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by ochukoccna: 10:00pm On Feb 06, 2012
Ozegbe:

NIGERIA’s six arms of government — executive, legislature, cabals, protesters, judiciary and terrorists — have been engaged in a weekly battle for supremacy over which arm would dominate the news headlines. At the turn of the New Year, the executive gained the upper hand when they removed the subsidy on fuel. Reports say this made President Jonathan very proud and happy but it was to be short-lived as the protesters arm took over the next week, and even gained international media attention. The jealousy from the other arms was palpable. Next to make the news was the terrorists arm in Kano, then the legislators through the house probe panel in which the cabal arm made guest appearances. Last week was the judiciary week as the angry courts deposed the Obong of Calabar, remanded the Edo Attorney General in prison custody for four days, sentenced Hamza Al-Mustapha to death, ended the tenures of five governors and acquitted ex-speaker Bankole and his deputy. As the strategy sessions continue and a new week begins, the question on the lips of all Nigerians is which arm would seize the momentum this week? Actually we would soon have the seventh arm (biafranist).
lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
@ OP, good creative reasoning.
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by sniperwolf(m): 1:18am On Feb 07, 2012
Funny
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by Guru101: 1:45am On Feb 07, 2012
Hello, JAMB exam is around the corner and as usual I’m going to help just 50 people score above N280
I’ve been doing this over the years and my testimonies speak for me. I do not encourage examination malpractice. You have to read and read very hard. I’m doing this because I know that the JAMB exam is not a true test of knowledge. You may know what to write, but you have no time to finish up. Research has showed that it is not the most intelligent that passes exam but those who are sharp to get what they want.
I’m here to help you guys, having been in your situation before.
I need only 50 interested students to text me at 08155274203 or email me at fizzyguru@yahoo.com
However you will need to pay a token for this service.
No spamming please.
See you on the top
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by geosegun(m): 9:13am On Feb 07, 2012
Guru101:

Hello, JAMB exam is around the corner and as usual I’m going to help just 50 people score above N280
I’ve been doing this over the years and my testimonies speak for me. I do not encourage examination malpractice. You have to read and read very hard. I’m doing this because I know that the JAMB exam is not a true test of knowledge. You may know what to write, but you have no time to finish up. Research has showed that it is not the most intelligent that passes exam but those who are sharp to get what they want.
I’m here to help you guys, having been in your situation before.
I need only 50 interested students to text me at 08155274203 or email me at fizzyguru@yahoo.com
However you will need to pay a token for this service.
No spamming please.
See you on the top

GO TO EDUCATION SECTION. THIS SECTION IS NOT THE BEST PLACE TO SELL YOUR SERVICE
Re: Nigeria Six Arms Of Government by sirjec(m): 11:17am On Feb 07, 2012
Indeed we have six arms of Govt

(1) (Reply)

FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact / Garba Shehu refutes Sahara Reporters' Report, Denies writing stories for NAN / EndSARS: We Need To Rebuild Trust With Citizens — Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.