Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,470 members, 7,781,364 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:12 PM

Life In The Usa As A Student. - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In The Usa As A Student. (139678 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Jovieeee(f): 1:38am On Jun 15, 2017
Hello, please anyone travelling this month or early next month to the US, to help me send books to my sister, I don't mind paying for the luggage. Thank you.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by burrrnerrr(m): 10:39pm On Jun 16, 2017
Jovieeee:
Hello, please anyone travelling this month or early next month to the US, to help me send books to my sister, I don't mind paying for the luggage. Thank you.

Couldn't access my mail. You can text me on 07067711454. Where is the person at? I'm going to st Louis
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Mitchely: 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2017
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by cosade(m): 7:09am On Jul 19, 2017
Jovieeee:

This question raises lots of red flags!
Anyone that can afford to pay a traveler for helping to carry luggage should be able to pay for courier service, at least NIPOST courier service. Equally, just saying going to US is so vague, the book would still be posted in US anyway.

Accepting to carry anything from a stranger is the easiest way a traveler can land himself in a foreign country's jail.

34 Likes

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by laracreamz(f): 5:06pm On Sep 07, 2017
[quote author=Sagewood post=10147380]For those of you aspiring to study here in the USA, remember to plan accordingly.
I would recommend that you pursue a program in Healthcare/ medical sciences,
such as Pharmacy, Medicine, Physical Therapy, Nursing, Dentistry, Medical Assistant program,
Dental Hygiene, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Prosthetics & Orthotics and Radiological sciences/ Tech.
These areas currently enjoy high favorability in employment, and will continue for the next 10 years according to the
US Dept. of Labor. This is because of the aging population, and especially the baby-boomers.
No point in studying some worthless courses and you can't even find an employer to sponsor you.
Even if you marry an American and get your papers, finding a job may still be a problem.

I studied English Education and I'd like to go for my masters in early childhood and special education. So the QST is can I find an employer to sponsor me with this course of study. If not what other educational/art related course can I study that can get me an employer or company to sponsor me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by laracreamz(f): 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2017
Sagewood:
For those of you aspiring to study here in the USA, remember to plan accordingly.
such as Pharmacy, Medicine, Physical Therapy, Nursing, Dentistry, Medical Assistant program,
Dental Hygiene, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Prosthetics & Orthotics and Radiological sciences/ Tech.
These areas currently enjoy high favorability in employment, and will continue for the next 10 years according to the
US Dept. of Labor. This is because of the aging population, and especially the baby-boomers.
No point in studying some worthless courses and you can't even find an employer to sponsor you.
Even if you marry an American and get your papers, finding a job may still be a problem.
This is my 2 cents contribution as a Nigerian American Doctor in the USA.
I studied English Education and I'd like to go for my masters in early childhood and special education. So the QST is can I find an employer to sponsor me with this course of study. If not what other educational/art related course can I study that can get me an employer or company to sponsor me.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by debris: 4:39pm On Sep 17, 2017
Sagewood:
For those of you aspiring to study here in the USA, remember to plan accordingly.
This is my 2 cents contribution as a Nigerian American Doctor in the USA.

Please for medical personells is it the same state u studied u must pratice or can one have opportunities to practice in another state after studies?
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Godson201333(m): 9:00pm On Sep 17, 2017
cosade:

This question raises lots of red flags!
Anyone that can afford to pay a traveler for helping to carry luggage should be able to pay for courier service, at least NIPOST courier service. Equally, just saying going to US is so vague, the book would still be posted in US anyway.

Accepting to carry anything from a stranger is the easiest way a traveler can land himself in a foreign country's jail.

I concur,one of the good lesson my father gave to me was never to accept other people luggage.I can never forget the day a woman came to me at muritala muhammed airport and she was like can u check in my luggage with yours cos I can see that you have almost no luggage..I was like Ma, Che e ya wereee..When I don't know you and the content of your luggage..She left immediately..So bro you are right and Mr Helper becareful!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by styrese: 5:36pm On Sep 28, 2017
oyewolejos:

Orange County is not that popular to Nigerians. Though u will find loads of Nigerians who work in L.A but live or school in Orange County. California is a different place netirely so forget about taking the bus. If u can drive back and forth from L.A to Orange County which is like an hour or may be 2 during heavy traffic then u should be fine wit part time job in L.A. And there is no place in California that u can use part time employment to pay off over 17K$. So be prepared for the battle ahead. If i were you i will transfer to community college just to keep my status then when im stable i can start my MBA. With 6K$ u settled for a year at a community college. Whatever u decides to do don't fall out of status. It's hard to get back in.
pls I would like us to chat privately
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by kay147: 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2017
Please is it possible to apply to study when someone gets to the US through a visiting visa?
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by chukamorah(m): 11:59pm On Dec 08, 2017
kay147:
Please is it possible to apply to study when someone gets to the US through a visiting visa?

PLEASE THERE ARE OTHER THREADS FOR VISA QUESTIONS.

THIS THREAD IS TO SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE AS A STUDENT LIVING IN THE USA

1 Like

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by awe2015(f): 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2017
For those already in the United State, I was able to get one good online store that is selling with an average cost FREE Shipping included to both US and International! You can always visit them anytime https://purefashiongallery.com...PEACE!
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by ola808: 11:34am On Mar 12, 2018
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by xploiter(m): 8:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
Hi guys,
Please how can one who has secured Msc admission to a school in the US secure funding to study?
The school only offers GTA or GRA in the second year.

Please your input is highly appreciated.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by ccemmekus: 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2018
Hey Guys,
Anyone in/going to St. Cloud State University here, please pm me.

1 Like

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by maryannah(f): 8:32am On Nov 04, 2018
Hello guys, can i get information on CSU non resident tuition waiver
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Kryfori001: 5:55pm On Jan 07, 2019
Hello guys

I'm actually a graduate of chemical engineering and vying for a direct PhD position in the following region (US, Canada and Germany ) with US of major priority.
However, my major challenge is choosing a promising research interest applicable to both industries and academia. My research of interest includes
Process system engineering
Energy sustainability
Environmental Engineering and
Material science

Thus, I would like to get responses from experienced guys in order to know the best choice to explore. Thanks
(
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Abigalbee98(f): 5:44pm On Mar 10, 2019
victor4u:
I have patiently followed this trend from page 1...

I have the following questions

Does anyone have information about McLennan Community College in Texas? I would like to contact anyone currently studying there.

People sayin VOS dnt giv visas for community colleges should not discourage ppl cos I actually got my student visa to a community college.

Can I get a job on campus immediately I arrive in Waco Texas even before lecture starts.

Finally, is anyone presently studying Nursing? I need advice on Nursing Pre-requisite
I pm you...
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Abigalbee98(f): 6:17pm On Mar 10, 2019
dannyfrank:
hello..i would advice if Nigerians concentrate on applying to schools owned by African americans(Black americans)
There are much opportunities fovourable to blacks there.
check diz school..Vorhees college in Denmark SC.
The first installmental payment of tuition,on-campus housing feeding is 3,345...
I got my SSN in diz school with ease.
I pm u
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by samzebby: 2:08pm On May 20, 2019
Hello,
Anybody in the University of Central Oklahoma as I just got my admission for a masters degree in Public Health .. and my tuition is $32k in total but am eligible for a $10k totally as well, is it possible to come over and work to pay up tuition and as well housing. Also, job opportunities after my masters to reside legally?
Please your advise is needed.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Bolanleolojede6: 12:41pm On Jun 20, 2019
Hello, please can you guys give me the necessary step to take or a site to visit if I want to apply to study in usa.please those schools that their tuition is cheaper pls,
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Abigalbee98(f): 8:31am On Jun 22, 2019
Bolanleolojede6:
Hello, please can you guys give me the necessary step to take or a site to visit if I want to apply to study in usa.please those schools that their tuition is cheaper pls,
https://www.nairaland.com/5233208/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2019
Can you spot the difference between further vs farther? Here is a secret guide!
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Boung1963: 8:54pm On Dec 18, 2019
In addition to obtaining a visa to study in the United States, students need to write an essay about themselves. Especially, an important topic is your childhood, look here for more information. The main thing is to be able to use the necessary resources and prepare well and you will get a student visa
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by richieboy1994: 1:00am On Jun 02, 2021
Please I just got admission and the school needs a bank statement to process my I-20. PLEASE can I use my cousin's German bank statement, because he's currently based in Germany?

PLEASE I NEED YOUR SINCERE AND URGENT ANSWERS, SAVE ME PLEASE?
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by oyakojo(m): 7:06am On Jul 14, 2021
Good day all,
Please I will be going the Bowling Green State University for Fall 2021.

Please I would like to connect with anyone in BGSU. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by vickydevoka(m): 1:07am On Aug 28, 2021
obowunmi:
Also, when you are done with school, don't punish yourself by remaining abroad, especially if you dont have a solid job offer.

Go to China, India, UAE, be willing to move around the world.
Exactly. U are on point
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 05, 2021
hi
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by dadadoc: 12:23pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hello student,

How is your study?

Any new experience to share?

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. / Top 10 African Countries With The Finest Men / Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.