Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (809596 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by vickkyv: 6:39pm On Aug 10, 2015
Pls send me ur email
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by deniike(f): 2:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
Pls who would be attending Robert Gordon Uni Aberdeen this September?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2015
deniike:
I quite agree no current survival tips here, the students are not really talking things like the favourable bank to set up with or whether it is preferable to swipe cards alone? We don't knw The expensive food items dere, we dnt knw if it would be a waste of time to take some food items, we dont have an updated idea of food items that would be allowed? We don't knw the best telcom to set up with? We dont have enough tips on things 2 look out for when getting dat private accommodation everyone suggets? Apart from reading everyday and plagiarism are there other tips 2 note on "acing" exams? What r doz "new" stuffs dat consume cash quickly what stores are we to avoid? Frm what they've seen with students are there other legal ways to make cash? And there again jobs jobs jobs!!!! We need tips current ones..just 2 give us dat advantage!. Epp!! Make this experience worthwhile

nyx 1. u ar goin to aberdeen. mine is manchester. email me
adekunleman@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Atigba: 7:32am On Aug 12, 2015
PweedyB:
Canada is another option there's this Express Entry stuff.
Can u move to Canada from UK after studies?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 12, 2015
Atigba:

Yea

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by claremont(m): 4:06pm On Aug 12, 2015
Part-time job opportunity for a student studying in Sunderland.

I need a reliable caretaker for a student accommodation (2-bedroom house) in Sunderland asap. This is a part-time opportunity and involves being available at the property from time to time to handle complaints from student-tenants, tradesmen e.t.c. I would pay the UK living wage/hour of your time. Job starts next week Monday.

PM me if interested.

MODs, my apologies if against the rules.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by hsim247(m): 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
crazydove:

Yea
Any ideas as regards job hunting in Canada?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2015
hsim247:

Any ideas as regards job hunting in Canada?

You have to go the canada thread,Justwise can assist with the links
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by hsim247(m): 8:07pm On Aug 12, 2015
crazydove:

You have to go the canada thread,Justwise can assist with the links
Okay. Merci.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by andonajnr(m): 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hello guys,
My question is as regards English language proficiency. As a Nigerian that has spoken English language all my life, do I still need to do TOEFL/IELTS, because some schools in Canada like University of Alberta, listed the Nigerian schools that are exempted from the test.
And how is life in Newcastle, their Electrical Power MSc course looks very appealing.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 11:24am On Aug 18, 2015
andonajnr:
Hello guys,
My question is as regards English language proficiency. As a Nigerian that has spoken English language all my life, do I still need to do TOEFL/IELTS, because some schools in Canada like University of Alberta, listed the Nigerian schools that are exempted from the test.
And how is life in Newcastle, their Electrical Power MSc course looks very appealing.

Some schools require you take an English exam. You can apply and negotiate with them (after you get a conditional offer) so you don't have to.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 18, 2015
claremont:

I need a reliable caretaker for a student accommodation (2-bedroom house) in Sunderland asap. This is a part-time opportunity and involves being available at the property from time to time to handle complaints from student-tenants, tradesmen e.t.c. I would pay the UK living wage/hour of your time. Job starts next week Monday.

PM me if interested.

Good one. An ideal student part-time job. Do post offers for Scotland if available.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Miss07: 7:15am On Aug 19, 2015
larrymoore111:
please house anybody going to Anglia Ruskin university.......pls holla
Hei, I'm gointo goin to ARU, chelmsford Campus
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by scoobs: 2:44pm On Aug 20, 2015
gcey2k:
Thanks guys for your wonderful tips here. I'm already feeling the cold here at Coventry cry... Streamed Man. U vs QPR live @ FIRSTROW.COM.
Good thing we won though it was a scrappy match. wink

Thanks again Justwise, spikesC, DisGuy and all of you contributing to this wonderful thread. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by PweedyB(f): 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2015
Atigba:

Yes.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 10:10am On Aug 21, 2015
gcey2k:
Thanks guys for your wonderful tips here. I'm already feeling the cold here at Coventry cry... Streamed Man. U vs QPR live @ FIRSTROW.COM.
Good thing we won though it was a scrappy match. wink

Thanks again Justwise, spikesC, DisGuy and all of you contributing to this wonderful thread. cheesy

Congrats.

Hope you're paying your TV licence undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by worry359(m): 10:33am On Aug 21, 2015
Atigba:

author=PweedyB post=37160084]
Yes.

Only if you meet the Canadian requirements, there is no "golden ticket"
or back door.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by jtbaros: 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2015
claremont:

PM me if interested.

Have you found anyone to manage the property for you ? If no am available you can reach me on jtbaros1@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by claremont(m): 10:15pm On Aug 22, 2015
jtbaros:
Have you found anyone to manage the property for you ? If no am available you can reach me on jtbaros1@gmail.com
I have replied your pm.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Matudi5: 2:19pm On Aug 25, 2015
Good day all, pls i want to do my msc medical physics in surrey university. pls i need update about tutution fee, accomondation n life over there
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by seyifunmi01: 2:45pm On Aug 25, 2015
Anyone going to heriot watt university dis september?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by mystogan(m): 10:28pm On Aug 25, 2015
Matudi5:
Good day all, pls i want to do my msc medical physics in surrey university. pls i need update about tutution fee, accomondation n life over there
Nice choice, you could check update on tuition on the course information page, as for accommodation, the school has numerous bands that could fit your budget.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by bidosko(m): 9:40am On Aug 26, 2015
Hello guys, contributions from this thread and similar av been of help to me in my application... I dove my hat.
I will be coming in to cardiff uni for my mba program and will like to ask few questions.
Would it be advisable to buy provisions here or when u get to the uk?
What are the documents that will be checked at the airport?
What kind of clothes will be needed now as to beat the weather?
Will I be able to get my naija jollof rice, Eba and poundyam smiley over there?
What are the part time jobs that will be available?
Any other survival tips ?
Any cardiff uni students or neighbours in the building
All responses will be appreciated
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guardian09(m): 10:50am On Aug 26, 2015
bidosko:
Hello guys, contributions from this thread and similar av been of help to me in my application... I dove my hat.
I will be coming in to cardiff uni for my mba program and will like to ask few questions.
Would it be advisable to buy provisions here or when u get to the uk? You can see anything you want here in the Uk provided you know where to look for it even down to foodstuffs from Nigeria.
What are the documents that will be checked at the airport? Just have your admission letter,visa entry document(s), sometimes your bank statement if the officer wants to take it over the top
What kind of clothes will be needed now as to beat the weather? Its Summer now by September temperature should be between 13-20 degrees and 10-16 degrees in October so you can shop for warmer clothes here if need be.
Will I be able to get my naija jollof rice, Eba and poundyam smiley over there? There are Nigerian restaurants in major cities in the UK so no problem with the Nigerian delicacies, if you do know how to cook you can get the ingredients yourself at any african shop.
What are the part time jobs that will be available?
Any other survival tips ? Just abide by the laws of the land and look out for students discount as well to help you save on cost of certain goods.
Any cardiff uni students or neighbours in the building Sorry am not in Cardiff but I thought I contribute. Cheers.
All responses will be appreciated

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by PweedyB(f): 12:17pm On Aug 26, 2015
[quote author=guardian09 post=37348233][/quote] Pls what's the average price of a winter Jacket in the UK?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by worry359(m): 12:43pm On Aug 26, 2015
PweedyB:
Pls what's the average price of a winter Jacket in the UK?

This shop has reasonable prices and quality.
You can find goods at a local market cheaper, or at fashion stores much more.
http://www.matalan.co.uk/womens/shop-by-category/coats-and-jackets

Posted for advice, not an advertisement!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by juniremix: 9:14pm On Aug 26, 2015
[quote author=scoobs post=37155164][/quote]
Can you share your coventry experience with us in regards to education, certificate and environment
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by jamela(f): 1:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hey guys, how do you send money from Nigeria to Uk accounts? CBN's blocked funding of domiciliary accounts. And they are asking for all sorts of documents to initiate a wire transfer.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by bidosko(m): 2:04pm On Aug 27, 2015
[quote author=guardian09 post=37348233][/quote] tanks for the response and tip. I appreciate
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by deniike(f): 2:51pm On Aug 27, 2015
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guardian09(m): 2:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
bidosko:
tanks for the response and tip. I appreciate
You are welcome...

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.