Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,393 members, 7,781,128 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:27 AM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (805761 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2015
Petitediva14:
Help o! I need emergency help o! I tried to order from matalan.co.UK but it is not accepting my Nigerian master card because I can't enter the Nigerian billing address. What do I do o? I am a size tiny and I rarely see my sizes in shops so I have to order for a thick jacket online. And they have one that is on sale. Please help me before they sell out. I am on my knees begging. This cold is dealing with me mehn.

blank:

Okay. I just bought stuff from matalan's online shop so that it could be delivered before we went on holiday. I used my Visa credit card and it accepted my details.

She tried that already and it did not work
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by blank(f): 6:53pm On Sep 25, 2015
justwise:

She tried that already and it did not work

I mean i put my UK details as billing address.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 7:04pm On Sep 25, 2015
blank:

I mean i put my UK details as billing address.

Oh ok! Maybe she needs to give it a try
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by AdaLuen: 7:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
Venerable612:

Oh. my bad.

I havent made a full payment. I just paid a deposit and I have duly informed them of my late arrival. October 7th.

I should do that when I get there

Hmmm. Alright then. We go relate when we reach. wink Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 25, 2015
Oh! Petite, that explains it. Have you tried using your UK address with your Naija card? It worked countless times for me.
Petitediva14:
Help o! I need emergency help o! I tried to order from matalan.co.UK but it is not accepting my Nigerian master card because I can't enter the Nigerian billing address. What do I do o? I am a size tiny and I rarely see my sizes in shops so I have to order for a thick jacket online. And they have one that is on sale. Please help me before they sell out. I am on my knees begging. This cold is dealing with me mehn.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Venerable612(m): 11:21pm On Sep 25, 2015
AdaLuen:

Mail me.
akoredesammy@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Petitediva14(f): 11:09pm On Sep 29, 2015
justwise:

Get your UK bank account asap because you need it to get almost everything done here

Thanks. I have gotten a UK account finally. I need to get to a bank to change my pin then deposit some money. I sha hope my items would still be on sale seeing as school no go allow me go to bank until Monday..
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Petitediva14(f): 11:09pm On Sep 29, 2015
naijamark:
Oh! Petite, that explains it. Have you tried using your UK address with your Naija card? It worked countless times for me.

I did that and it did not work.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Petitediva14(f): 11:11pm On Sep 29, 2015
Lexusgs430:

How petite is petitediva14? Your best bet is probably to shop in girls section and not ladies section aka kids section

Petite is a us size 0 and UK size 4. How can I be shopping in the girls section? It is embarrassing ... cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Lexusgs430: 11:47pm On Sep 29, 2015
Petitediva14:

Petite is a us size 0 and UK size 4. How can I be shopping in the girls section? It is embarrassing ... cry cry cry

Lol !!!! Embrassing ke, or wear something that fits ? Oya pretend that you are buying for your daughter (if that takes the embarrasment sting off )
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by MallamYahaya(m): 9:27am On Sep 30, 2015
CassieV:
Hello everyone, I'm doing my youth service now and I'll finish next year April. I want to do a post graduate diploma in education in UK, I need suggestions for schools I could apply, accommodation, Visa process, work too while I school. I have a BSc in Statistics, will I be able to get a job that'll pay my fees? How do I go about it all? Please I need your advice...

Don't bother to come to the UK. Try South Africa where the tuition is cheaper. Some of the schools in SA are ranked higher than the UK. You can use the tuition here to build a house. The UK is making it less attractI've for non Europeans to come and study here. I am here on a PhD self sponsored. I know better now.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 11:31am On Sep 30, 2015
Petitediva14:

Thanks. I have gotten a UK account finally. I need to get to a bank to change my pin then deposit some money. I sha hope my items would still be on sale seeing as school no go allow me go to bank until Monday..

Don't worry about that many shops are doing sales now online and offline
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Sleeksylvia(f): 12:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
please how to long does it take to get CAS letter from Coventry University? its been over a week now since I sent them my sponsorship letter. thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Anyi3(m): 6:43pm On Sep 30, 2015
MallamYahaya:

Don't bother to come to the UK. Try South Africa where the tuition is cheaper. Some of the schools in SA are ranked higher than the UK. You can use the tuition here to build a house. The UK is making it less attractI've for non Europeans to come and study here. I am here on a PhD self sponsored. I know better now.

Please tell them my brother. Even getting a visa is now tougher. They have increased the maintenance funds you need to have. I remember it being £820, now it's over a thousand for outside London.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by oduado: 8:46pm On Sep 30, 2015
Anyi3:

Please tell them my brother. Even getting a visa is now tougher. They have increased the maintenance funds you need to have. I remember it being £820, now it's over a thousand for outside London.

na bro.....dt law will be enacted by..nov 12...dts y....itz very important 4 those planning 2 leave in January. ...2 apply 4 their visas now.. .b4...#nov 12#

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Anyi3(m): 8:55pm On Sep 30, 2015
oduado:
na bro.....dt law will be enacted by..nov 12...dts y....itz very important 4 those planning 2 leave in January. ...2 apply 4 their visas now.. .b4...#nov 12#
Noted... My point however is that the cost is no longer in sync with the benefits. I know it involves more going to Australia or Canada but in the long run it might be more beneficial particularly to those wanting to live abroad.

Arguably 70% of those wanting to study abroad want to work abroad even if just few years.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 10:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
Opportunity for Nigerians http://howafrica.com/2016-commonwealth-scholarship-for-masters-and-phd-study-in-uk-fully-funded/

Those already in the UK are not eligible
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Venerable612(m): 4:35pm On Oct 04, 2015
AdaLuen:

mail me. akoredesammy@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by chiinj(m): 10:31pm On Oct 06, 2015
Hello house, from experience, what's the best bank to open an account with as an international student?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 11:08pm On Oct 06, 2015
chiinj:
Hello house, from experience, what's the best bank to open an account with as an international student?

Lloyds classic account

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by chiinj(m): 12:27am On Oct 07, 2015
spikesC:

Lloyds classic account
Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by bicorn: 6:01am On Oct 10, 2015
Hello house, I got my student visa yesterday to study at Coventry University. It's quite late now and school accommodation has been filled up. Is there anyone here currently studying at Coventry who can advise on where to get accommodation and where to stay during my first few days of arrival? Urgent help is highly appreciated.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2015
To those it might concern

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by larrymoore111: 1:25pm On Oct 15, 2015
Miss07:
Hei, I'm gointo goin to ARU, chelmsford Campus

re u in uk presently .....update me pls
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by yungreezy: 1:35am On Oct 17, 2015
Hi guys, gone through most of the pages here and its a great house. Would like to study information and network security in the UK but I'm looking towards January intake.can anyone recommend a good school that offers that with January intake. Most of the schools that offer the course run September entry only. Would appreciate sugtestions .
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Lexusgs430: 5:57am On Oct 17, 2015
yungreezy:
Hi guys, gone through most of the pages here and its a great house. Would like to study information and network security in the UK but I'm looking towards January intake.can anyone recommend a good school that offers that with January intake. Most of the schools that offer the course run September entry only. Would appreciate sugtestions .

September is the entry period for most universities. Nursing, and a few other courses have January intakes. Plan for September, spend your free months preceeding, partying and having fun!!!!
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by yungreezy: 9:15am On Oct 17, 2015
Seen a few schools like Robert Gordon uni offering t for January. Also seen Kingston and Middlesex but I don't know much about them. Are they good schools?
Lexusgs430:

September is the entry period for most universities. Nursing, and a few other courses have January intakes. Plan for September, spend your free months preceeding, partying and having fun!!!!
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Lexusgs430: 2:38pm On Oct 17, 2015
yungreezy:
Seen a few schools like Robert Gordon uni offering t for January. Also seen Kingston and Middlesex but I don't know much about them. Are they good schools?

I attended middlesex university(Hendon campus)and I can tell you, it's a very good university.
My friend attended Kingston university and he loved it.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by chilez(f): 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2015
yungreezy:
Am happy to see dis dats the same course m going for and it for January 2016. My school is Glasgow Caledonian University in Scotland.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 17, 2015
chilez:

Am happy to see dis dats the same course m going for and it for January 2016. My school is Glasgow Caledonian University in Scotland.

Did you defer your admission?or that was the original admission you applied for
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by yungreezy: 7:57pm On Oct 17, 2015
Hey... Seems you're all set to go.. Still have a way to go
chilez:

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (213) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.