Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (809593 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by guttentag(m): 2:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
3sha4lyf:

I would buy it in UK cos there's nothing as cool as warranty or returns if you change ur mind (eg. If you made a wrong choice and need to exchange it for another.
Of course it may be a little but more pricey but which vendor in Naija changes a phone for a brand new one if the phone malfunctions within 9-15 months of use?
Just my thoughts.

The phone manufacturers will ship the returned phone to Africa and we go call am London Use phone

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
kingsilly:
as e dey hot
grin grin
Go with the below....

My enemies are on nairaland oo grin grin grin
Make i go buy Apple overpriced wahala abi grin
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
HudsonBanks:

Welly done eh grin . @spikesC you should consider this popular Oneplus One phone, for a reasonable $300(180quid) you get a phone in the class of them M8's and S5's. Me I'm getting one immediately I have my UK bank account and PayPal sorted.

The phone is sharp ooo and at that price cool
But why using an android mod? sad

Am looking at Sony xperia Z2 though
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by nadesh(f): 5:08pm On Sep 15, 2014
justwise:

Hi. I sent you a mail. It's urgent,pls
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kingsilly(m): 5:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
spikesC:

My enemies are on nairaland oo grin grin grin
Make i go buy Apple overpriced wahala abi grin

Well me no just like android for anytin..I might settle for iPhone 5s...cuz dis 6 still hot
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 6:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
spikesC:

The phone is sharp ooo and at that price cool
But why using an android mod? sad

Am looking at Sony xperia Z2 though

E be like say you no be Android dev freak if not you for rush the phone cos of the CyanogenMod OS grin. I'm after the phone mainly cos of what the OS has to offer. Z2 pure sha.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
nadesh: Hi. I sent you a mail. It's urgent,pls

Seen.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:43am On Sep 16, 2014
guttentag:

The phone manufacturers will ship the returned phone to Africa and we go call am London Use phone

Why una dey. Like insult naija. I bought a Sony Xperia z at regal buyers it had issues I got a brand new phone in Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 1:22pm On Sep 16, 2014
HudsonBanks:

E be like say you no be Android dev freak if not you for rush the phone cos of the CyanogenMod OS grin. I'm after the phone mainly cos of what the OS has to offer. Z2 pure sha.

I am, though not a freak, but we like using base android platforms because that's what most users would be using
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by tobee: 8:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
Hello everyone. Pls what are the charges like if u collect cash from ATM in uk. Also what is the rate like. I have gtbank naira MasterCard
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kingsilly(m): 10:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
tobee: Hello everyone. Pls what are the charges like if u collect cash from ATM in uk. Also what is the rate like. I have gtbank naira MasterCard
Rate no idea..charges 450...
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by 3sha4lyf: 11:26pm On Sep 16, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

Why una dey. Like insult naija. I bought a Sony Xperia z at regal buyers it had issues I got a brand new phone in Nigeria

No oh. We ain't insulting Naija. It's just that returns and warranty policy in Naija is solely at the sellers' discretion rather than mandatory. Yes you may get a replacement, but the chances are 1:99. Lol. Just exaggerating but I'm sure u got your replacement after purchase within max 6 months. Or was it longer than that?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:27am On Sep 17, 2014
3sha4lyf:

No oh. We ain't insulting Naija. It's just that returns and warranty policy in Naija is solely at the sellers' discretion rather than mandatory. Yes you may get a replacement, but the chances are 1:99. Lol. Just exaggerating but I'm sure u got your replacement after purchase within max 6 months. Or was it longer than that?
Max is 6months for an outright replacement though
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Emmagency(m): 11:11am On Sep 17, 2014
Customer protection rights in the UK is quite impressive.. For example I bought some clothes from Marks and Spencer the other day and I really love them but it turns out that I have someone who worked there for 19 years and can get me a 30% discount off everything so she said to me "return them and we'll go later" and i was like "I can return these?" So I went back there the next day and told them i wanted to return the items and get a refund and the lady was like "okay, you've got your receipt?" And I answered 'Yes' (while she was checking the receipt, she asked "what's wrong with them sir" and I just said "nothing.. I changed my mind"wink and she just took them from me and gave me back my money. #Amazing

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 12:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
Emmagency: Customer protection rights in the UK is quite impressive.. For example I bought some clothes from Marks and Spencer the other day and I really love them but it turns out that I have someone who worked there for 19 years and can get me a 30% discount off everything so she said to me "return them and we'll go later" and i was like "I can return these?" So I went back there the next day and told them i wanted to return the items and get a refund and the lady was like "okay, you've got your receipt?" And I answered 'Yes' (while she was checking the receipt, she asked "what's wrong with them sir" and I just said "nothing.. I changed my mind"wink and she just took them from me and gave me back my money. #Amazing

Yeah, it happens. I have returned a fuel filter i bought for a car, just because we bought a new car.
They didn't even ask questions.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
Selling 1.00000 GBP - you get 261.930 NGN
Buying 1.00000 GBP - you pay 267.014 NGN

Am not impressed though angry
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by LabourParty(m): 1:17pm On Sep 17, 2014
spikesC: Selling 1.00000 GBP - you get 261.930 NGN

Yesterday I got N272 for £1.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by 3sha4lyf: 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
GeneralShepherd:
Max is 6months for an outright replacement though

I can imagine. That's why i'ld rather buy from The UK than naija, no offence meant. Yankee also has some shops that email your receipts to u so if u lose ur hard copy. U can return with the email one.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DonOms(m): 4:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
spikesC: Selling 1.00000 GBP - you get 261.930 NGN

Is this POS rate?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by EAkoteyon: 5:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
Thank God I'm here eventually to join wonderful informed people. Got my visa today (dated 04/09/14). We are Essex!
I have a question pls guys- Is there any implication (at London airport) of touching d money in my account while still in Nigeria? I wanna do Seth like that.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Emmagency(m): 5:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
EAkoteyon: Thank God I'm here eventually to join wonderful informed people. Got my visa today (dated 04/09/14). We are Essex!
I have a question pls guys- Is there any implication (at London airport) of touching d money in my account while still in Nigeria? I wanna do Sth like that.

No implication....After I got my visa, I made transactions from my account..my flight bookings and other personal expenses....The money is yours to spend..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kingsilly(m): 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hudsonbanks I don land..ur champagne still set if u no quick come I go gulp am

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by HudsonBanks(m): 8:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
kingsilly: Hudsonbanks I don land..ur champagne still set if u no quick come I go gulp am

Cheeeeeeeiiii! My champagne Le Portsmouth grin Abeg abeg no gulp am if you no want wetin happen for 1945 to repeat itself oo! I just dey one train away once I enter school, ejoo patience is divine cheesy.

Thank God for journey mercies. How your Emirates flight na?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by EAkoteyon: 8:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
Emmagency:

No implication....After I got my visa, I made transactions from my account..my flight bookings and other personal expenses....The money is yours to spend..
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by laoma4u: 8:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
i hail all the strong men on this end of the forum.

pls i have a very important question.

i have equivalent of about 1000£ in my first bank account and a naira mastercard. i.e about 270k naira, my plan is to withdraw it once i get to aberdeen in pounds. what is d limit per day? what is the max amount per withdrawal cos i dont have money for flat rate charge on each withdrawal. what is the charge for first bank.

thanks in anticipation
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DonOms(m): 10:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
laoma4u: i hail all the strong men on this end of the forum.

pls i have a very important question.

i have equivalent of about 1000£ in my first bank account and a naira mastercard. i.e about 270k naira, my plan is to withdraw it once i get to aberdeen in pounds. what is d limit per day? what is the max amount per withdrawal cos i dont have money for flat rate charge on each withdrawal. what is the charge for first bank.

thanks in anticipation

If you are looking forward to withdrawing the whole money once, then you will have to use POS at your bank i.e. you will use your card to transfer the money to your UK account using a POS transaction.
I don't know the maximum withdrawal but I have withdrew £750 once, a number of times.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by laoma4u: 11:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
DonOms:

If you are looking forward to withdrawing the whole money once, then you will have to use POS at your bank i.e. you will use your card to transfer the money to your UK account using a POS transaction.
I don't know the maximum withdrawal but I have withdrew £750 once, a number of times.
thnx bro
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by EAkoteyon: 11:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hello guys, has anyone booked for flight lately? Please, I need advice on how to get a reasonable flight. one way or return ticket pls with price. If agents involved give details pls. Wanna travel next week.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by spikesC(m): 12:29am On Sep 18, 2014
DonOms:

Is this POS rate?

official rate. They're all the same, just maybe a little bit difference
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by paradisewoods: 4:14am On Sep 18, 2014
LabourParty:

Yesterday I got N272 for £1.

Please where did u get that? black market or PTA?

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.