Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? (533278 Views)

Pls I Want To Travel To Canada How Do I Start An How Much Is The Cost / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Humblega(m): 9:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
any Physiotherapist (or any other medical professional) living in canada on this thread? please please, i need answers to some queastions
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by jojcanada(f): 12:17am On Apr 02, 2015
Seneca college

Hotstepper:
[
Which school are you in

quote author=jojcanada post=32153020]Express entry

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by jojcanada(f): 12:20am On Apr 02, 2015
Yes you need both, IELTS and ECA from WES. WES is world education services

opilekzy:
hello house, how do one go about the express entry application? do i need to write ielts test b4 applying? and whats d full meaning of WES? do i need my language test and certified by ECA b4 submitting my application? pls i need help from all the gurus on this thread. thank u.
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by feliblings: 12:46pm On Apr 11, 2015
I have been searching for financial aid. I just got admitted @ All Saint University Dominica with 20% scholarship... I need sponsors and if possible, I can work while studying to pay back..... And link should please contact me nekkies@yahoo.com........ Please
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by MockinJay(m): 1:15pm On Apr 11, 2015
feliblings:
I have been searching for financial aid. I just got admitted @ All Saint University Dominica with 20% scholarship... I need sponsors and if possible, I can work while studying to pay back..... And link should please contact me nekkies@yahoo.com........ Please

With all due respect Sir, I would really like for you to sit down and examine your plans. Travelling/Schooling in a foreign land with little cash in hand to provide for feeding, accommodation and tuition shouldn't be overlooked.

My advice, if you know you can't afford it or Sponsors aren't popping up for you..you should stay put here.

Still, check with the school if they can offer any assistance in terms of securing a job(librarian for example..but doesn't pay much...as expected) or maybe a form of bursary/scholarship for international students. Know your grounds now before flying.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by MockinJay(m): 1:16pm On Apr 11, 2015
jojcanada:
Seneca college

How are you enjoying ur (new) environment? Things there are cost ba
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by whandeykoal(f): 10:19am On Apr 16, 2015
naijasexy:
^^ You need not pay tuition before applying for visa (though agencies in Nigeria like to convince students that in order to be assured of your visa, you need to pay tuition). All you need is a letter of admission from the school and you should be fine.
. Helo lady,pls,i nid ur advice,hw cn I get sponsors or scholarship to study in Canada?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by whandeykoal(f): 10:36am On Apr 16, 2015
jojcanada:
Cash madam ke? I claim it sha. I hate cold so I will rather deprive myself in other areas than be cold. Plus better to invest in a coat that will last many winters even though as a woman I can't see how I will have only one coat and use for more than one winter. Hmmmmmm. Woman wahala. I'll go to a different mall today and see. Got my first feel of snow yesterday which was still mild so I need coat asap. Luckily still being driven around.

On accommodation, I'm currently staying in a luxury condo with a friend but sadly have to move closer to school next week. Kijiji has not been a great resource. I've also tried easyroommate and places4students with no luck. What's the best way to find affordable accommodation?
. Pls,hw can I gt sponsors or scholarship to study 4 my masters in canada...I'm Realy frustrated in dis country
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by chucksbadt(m): 7:59pm On Apr 17, 2015
Good day house, please am about to apply for a masters degree program at University of Regina. Does anyone have an insight about the school?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
Hello house, you guys have been doing great here. I finished my MSc in the UK in 2012 where I studied sustainable waste management. I have been working in Nigeria since 2013 in various waste management roles. However, I wish to add more environmental management knowledge to my profile. So far, I see the environmental management and assessment certificate program offered by the Niagara college as an ideal course to do.

My question is, does canadian embassy grant study visa for someone with a masters degree to go to canada to study for a lower(certificate program) degree?

I will be glad to hear from the gurus in the house.

Remain blessed.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by chucksbadt(m): 10:42pm On Apr 18, 2015
Good day house. Is anyone here schooling/applying to the
university of Regina?. I need some insights about the
school....thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Omonjoe(m): 6:03am On Apr 19, 2015
yea.....i applied dia...waiting for admission decision
chucksbadt:
school....thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by chucksbadt(m): 7:48am On Apr 19, 2015
Omonjoe:
yea.....i applied dia...waiting for admission decision

Undergraduate or graduate studies?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Omonjoe(m): 9:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
Graduate studies
chucksbadt:

Undergraduate or graduate studies?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by chucksbadt(m): 10:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
Omonjoe:
Graduate studies

Sent you a PM bro....we need to talk.....thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ziddie(f): 7:01am On Apr 20, 2015
helllo house.....anybody here heading to george brown or fanshawe this august?plus pls gurus in house....kindly advise me which is better in terms of part time jobs,feeding and accmodation.thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by MockinJay(m): 10:53am On Apr 20, 2015
ziddie:
helllo house.....anybody here heading to george brown or fanshawe this august?plus pls gurus in house....kindly advise me which is better in terms of part time jobs,feeding and accmodation.thanks

Post your question here>>https://www.nairaland.com/2035081/travelling-canada-part-7/337#32913247

....kindly advise me which is better in terms of part time jobs, feeding and accmodation.thanks

Huh?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by MockinJay(m): 10:54am On Apr 20, 2015
chucksbadt:
school....thanks

edwinbiz
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Omonjoe(m): 11:24pm On Apr 20, 2015
I tried replying ur pm but it is not delivering "nail deamon" email me thru dis dgreatjoe@gmail.com
chucksbadt:

Sent you a PM bro....we need to talk.....thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Bennet642k2(m): 3:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
Fhemmmy:

The cheapest would be to rent something close to the campus and sharing with other students.
But make sure you know how to cook, else, you will spend all you saving on eating out . . . or find a nice babe that will be coooking for you, but be careful, else, you will take a baby home with your certificate . . . If you are married, the advice is not applicable to you oh
I prefer to have a babe wit me so we can do the cooking together. Do 9ja girls do sakara so dey do here in 9ja in terms of this Matter?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by chucksbadt(m): 10:04pm On Apr 22, 2015
MockinJay:

edwinbiz

Meaning?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by MockinJay(m): 3:12am On Apr 23, 2015
chucksbadt:

Meaning?

He's leaving for UofR soon. I thought mentioning him here would draw his attention to supply u with one or two details bout the school. I think he also has friends there
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by chucksbadt(m): 6:58am On Apr 23, 2015
MockinJay:

He's leaving for UofR soon. I thought mentioning him here would draw his attention to supply u with one or two details bout the school. I think he also has friends there

Alright....thanks for the info
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by kykybfo: 3:18pm On May 08, 2015
hi Guru's,please i need your urgent advise,i just received offer of admission from durham college,and their rep here in naija is asking i pay 8300dollars to book my seat,if not that if the embassy contacts the school,they will say i didnt book a seat with them,the money i have now is what am supposed to use to boost my account,what do u advise pls.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Hotstepper(f): 11:30am On May 09, 2015
Don't pay him kobe and he is not a representative anything

kykybfo:
hi Guru's,please i need your urgent advise,i just received offer of admission from durham college,and their rep here in naija is asking i pay 8300dollars to book my seat,if not that if the embassy contacts the school,they will say i didnt book a seat with them,the money i have now is what am supposed to use to boost my account,what do u advise pls.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 1:38pm On May 09, 2015
kykybfo:

What seat is that? Have you contacted the school to find out why you need to pay that much for a 'seat'?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Henix(m): 2:22pm On May 09, 2015
kykybfo:
U are about to lose that money! Are u not a Nigerian? U better wise up. Contacting the school is the 1st thing u ought to have done immediately. U will soon be asked to book a table, not only seat

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by sharonalex: 6:47pm On May 11, 2015
Good day everyone, my husband and daughter applied for open work permit and it's more than a month now that their portal has shown medical passed but we dnt hear anything from cic since then, please what can we do!!!

I need your suggestions please!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by TimTam2014: 1:49pm On May 13, 2015
jojcanada,

Hello, pls I need ur help. I read it from ur tread that u have studied abroad before applying to Canada. I have MBA from UK and would love to study in Canada (MSc.) I have 2:2 in undergrad so can't get a school...and have 53% in my MBA so can't go for PhD... I m considering a PGD or PGC..do u think d visa officer won't refuse my application based on d fact that I m not progressing in my choice as in from MBA to PGD.
Also is it possible to be silent about my MBA.

@ fhemmmy and hotstepper...pls I need ur input too.

Thank you in advance good naijalanders
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Fhemmmy: 1:55pm On May 13, 2015
TimTam2014:
jojcanada,

Hello, pls I need ur help. I read it from ur tread that u have studied abroad before applying to Canada. I have MBA from UK and would love to study in Canada (MSc.) I have 2:2 in undergrad so can't get a school...and have 53% in my MBA so can't go for PhD... I m considering a PGD or PGC..do u think d visa officer won't refuse my application based on d fact that I m not progressing in my choice as in from MBA to PGD.
Also is it possible to be silent about my MBA.

@ fhemmmy and hotstepper...pls I need ur input too.

Thank you in advance good naijalanders

You have done nothing wrong at all, and it is not for them to access who is progressing or not . . . There are many people with Ph.D but decided to go for PGD, not cos they are not progressing BUT cos they see a reason to pick up some other interest or change of career . . . the question is, what was your degree on and what do you plan to do for PGD.
Worry about, cost of schooling and funding the account
How to show to the VO that you would return back to your country of origin
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by TimTam2014: 7:38am On May 14, 2015
Fhemmmy:

You have done nothing wrong at all, and it is not for them to access who is progressing or not . . . There are many people with Ph.D but decided to go for PGD, not cos they are not progressing BUT cos they see a reason to pick up some other interest or change of career . . . the question is, what was your degree on and what do you plan to do for PGD.
Worry about, cost of schooling and funding the account
How to show to the VO that you would return back to your country of origin

@fhemmmy

Thank you so so much for ur response.
I have BSc. Accounting and I m thinking of PGD in Accounting or PGC in Business Analytics.
I also would love to apply for PR after my study but the PGC is just for 8 months which means 8 mths of PGWP and I really like the course.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Fhemmmy: 11:34am On May 14, 2015
TimTam2014:

@fhemmmy

Thank you so so much for ur response.
I have BSc. Accounting and I m thinking of PGD in Accounting or PGC in Business Analytics.
I also would love to apply for PR after my study but the PGC is just for 8 months which means 8 mths of PGWP and I really like the course.

I think the Analytics is better cos why would a bachelor holder wanna start doing pgd in same program.... will also advice to look for a program that will be longer.... if you have your mind on PR but don't let your life depend on it just in case...... good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (84) (Reply)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.