Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? (533218 Views)

Pls I Want To Travel To Canada How Do I Start An How Much Is The Cost / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by lamama1: 6:50pm On Oct 19, 2015
Good Day House,

My own question is, I m resuming for the winter session, hope it doesn't seem early if I travel down by Nov and also, pls I want to stop and say Hi to my fam in ottawa, b4 ending out to Bc, I hp dis won't affect me at the POE and with the BOC.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Tiagocharles(m): 1:12pm On Oct 27, 2015
Hello Everyone , I am new to this forum, I applied for graduate program in centennial college Canada. As it stands now I have sent my transcript and waiting for there response but I have not heard from them , I don't know how long it takes to issue admission letter am worried and I wish to ask the house how long does it take to get admission letter ? I need your advice and suggestions . thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by detutu1: 1:55pm On Oct 30, 2015
The time frame for schools vary, i think it is more appropriate if you send the school a mail. Or wait for about 5/6weeks and then send a mail...up to you
Tiagocharles:
Hello Everyone , I am new to this forum, I applied for graduate program in centennial college Canada. As it stands now I have sent my transcript and waiting for there response but I have not heard from them , I don't know how long it takes to issue admission letter am worried and I wish to ask the house how long does it take to get admission letter ? I need your advice and suggestions . thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Anniem1: 7:40pm On Oct 30, 2015
Tiagocharles:

When did you send your papers? Colleges in Toronto are not the fastest ones responding, but Centennial is usually more or less fast (4-5 weeks).
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Khalesi: 9:37am On Oct 31, 2015
I'm still looking for accommodation o. Please when every other utility is covered in rent except hydro, what exactly is meant? It's usually stated thus: rent includes Heat, water, hot water. Hydro extra. Urgent response needed before your sister enters one chance.

Secondly, if I rent an unfurnished apartment how easily can I find where to buy furniture, transport and move them into the apartment. Do they have 'kabu-kabu' equivalent that can move stuff at an affordable rate?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by britiko: 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
Khalesi:
I'm still looking for accommodation o. Please when every other utility is covered in rent except hydro, what exactly is meant? It's usually stated thus: rent includes Heat, water, hot water. Hydro extra. Urgent response needed before your sister enters one chance.

Secondly, if I rent an unfurnished apartment how easily can I find where to buy furniture, transport and move them into the apartment. Do they have 'kabu-kabu' equivalent that can move stuff at an affordable rate?

what type of accommodation is this?
i will advice u get an accommodation that is all inclusive.
hydro bills are based on usage.

well some stores have delivery services at an extra cost.
most times around $50 or more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by britiko: 1:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
Tiagocharles:
im sure they will revert back soonest
if u do not hear from them at the end of this week (Nov 8th)
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Khalesi: 1:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
britiko:

what type of accommodation is this?
i will advice u get an accommodation that is all inclusive.
hydro bills are based on usage.

well some stores have delivery services at an extra cost.
most times around $50 or more

Studio/Bachelor
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by britiko: 1:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
Khalesi:

Studio/Bachelor
can u pm me the link of the accomodation?
whats the cost? avoid extra bills as much as possible.
u need to save as much as u can.
lots of missc will crop up...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by MrBLING(m): 1:33pm On Oct 31, 2015
Any student at Brock university or niagara college seeking accommodation? I have a single accommodation with kitchen, washroom all bills included.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Khalesi: 2:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
britiko:

can u pm me the link of the accomodation?
whats the cost? avoid extra bills as much as possible.
u need to save as much as u can.
lots of missc will crop up...

I've sent you a pm.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by britiko: 5:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
Khalesi:

I've sent you a pm.
i just replied u
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by HenryTammy: 7:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
God bless you all am henry Tammy and am new here and here is what I wanna ask I wanna study in Canada and have I have this guy in lag that dose the visa tin who told me about schools and all that and he letter got one school for me but the fees is so big like I can't pay for the school... so am now asking you guys good people of God how can I get a nice school on intiro design that I can pay for without my family?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by britiko: 8:23pm On Oct 31, 2015
HenryTammy:
God bless you all am henry Tammy and am new here and here is what I wanna ask I wanna study in Canada and have I have this guy in lag that dose the visa tin who told me about schools and all that and he letter got one school for me but the fees is so big like I can't pay for the school... so am now asking you guys good people of God how can I get a nice school on intiro design that I can pay for without my family?

ok. this is a link for ontario colleges offering interior designs
http://www.ontariocolleges.ca/SearchResults/ARTS-CULTURE-INTERIOR-DESIGN-DECORATING/_/N-lqgn

from ontriocolleges.ca you can refine ur search.

this link can also help you with your documentation and visa processing
you really dont need an agent.
https://www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9
good luck
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Frankuzo22: 1:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
Pls good people, I have been searching for an affordable college or university were I can do my masters degree in agric. Econs. Somebody help me out please.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 09, 2015
Greetings to you all, please I want to find out if I can be admitted for direct ph.D in biochemistry in university of Calgary or university of Toronto on scholarship and also offered a post of graduate assistant. I made a first class in biochemistry from uniben. Thanks as I await your reply.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Caleycash(m): 12:48pm On Nov 09, 2015
Ajibade105:
Goodmorning guyz.

Is anyone here who is a graduate student of the University of Saskatachewan...#I don't really understand the admission process...#Please help a brother
Hello pls where you asked to provide English proficiency test e.g ielts or TOEFL?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Caleycash(m): 12:49pm On Nov 09, 2015
Ajibade105:
Goodmorning guyz.

Is anyone here who is a graduate student of the University of Saskatachewan...#I don't really understand the admission process...#Please help a brother
Hello pls where you asked to provide English proficiency test e.g ielts or TOEFL? for the admission process?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Caleycash(m): 12:51pm On Nov 09, 2015
Ajibade105:
Goodmorning guyz.

Hello pls where you asked to provide English Language proficiency test? for the admission process?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by gbade11(m): 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
GidiPrince:

Good to have a SAIT student here... I also want to apply to SAIT for fall 2016 (IT)... I need to get some information and I have sent you an email. Kindly acknowledge bro!

Bro,I'm also planning to apply to SAIT now.just went thru their application process.
Bro kindly let's share ideas.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Ajibade105(m): 6:14am On Nov 11, 2015
Caleycash:
Hello pls where you asked to provide English Language proficiency test? for the admission process?

No sir/ma'aam
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by timmituyi: 7:07pm On Nov 11, 2015
Hello All,

There is a two bedroom apartment ($715/month) for rent (All utilities included) in Sarnia Ontario for (Lambton College Students) coming in for winter session.

Each room can be rented out as well for ($357.50/month). The apartment is available from December 2015.

Serious current or incoming students should contact.

Regards,
T.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by GidiPrince: 12:16am On Nov 13, 2015
gbade11:

Bro,I'm also planning to apply to SAIT now.just went thru their application process.
Thanks

Sent you an email...
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by gbade11(m): 7:43am On Nov 13, 2015
GidiPrince:

Sent you an email...
Didn't get the mail bro.,kindly resend it
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by crest2j(m): 12:48pm On Nov 13, 2015
Hello NL,
Am lukin for uni in Canada to do master degree dat accept third class. plz anybody with d info should ping me.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by britiko: 5:29pm On Nov 13, 2015
Tiagocharles:

av u heard from them?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2015
Hello house, my friend is coming to Canada for the first ttime to study. he needs where to stay when in Canada. Does anyone have a link to where he can stay?

He is comin to canada next month and will arrive at montreal. He wants a friend from ghana to link up with
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by anieffeka: 8:49pm On Nov 13, 2015
I have an admission with SAIT and I am to resume in January, 2016.
What is your question?
gbade11:

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by anieffeka: 8:54pm On Nov 13, 2015
Hello experienced Canadian brothers & Sisters. I have a question for you.
I have an admission to study with SAIT in January and I have received mt study permit and TRV. I have also just received another admission in another Institution that resumes in May. I currently have live and work in The UK and I was thinking if it would be possible to come in, get the study permit confirmed which allows me to get into Canada, then come out to the UK and work for a while before returning for my studies in May.
Will my return in May be questioned?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by crest2j(m): 11:33pm On Nov 13, 2015
Hello NL, Am lukin for uni in Canada to do master degree dat accept third class. plz anybody with d info should ping me.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Moana(f): 1:43pm On Nov 14, 2015
Im not in Canada but i think its best for anyone intending on studying in abroad to do intensive research on the cost and conditions of living as well. Google accommodation close to your school and other surroundings. Check the distance for yourself and see if u can manage to walk or take public transport to school everyday.

Check on furniture shops that sell secondhand and new affordable stuff as well, check their delivery options as well as costs too. Look for groceries stores and shopping malls within the area u intend to live in.

Get to know more of the area you want to relocate to before you move. Even if it means looking for the closest train or bus stations.

If it means harassing the real estate agent or owner of the home with questions about the accommodation and terms and conditions of lease, don't hesitate to do so (just make sure they aren't stupid irrelevant questions). You need to know what you are getting yourself into before you bind yourself to any agreement.

It might sound like a whole lot of work and a waste of data, but in the end it will be worth it. You don't want to be stuck after arriving in a foreign land. Besides last minute plans can cost u a whole lot more.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by gbade11(m): 1:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
anieffeka:
I have an admission with SAIT and I am to resume in January, 2016.
What is your question?
Thanks for d response.
Need to know ow long it took SAIT to provide ur confirmation of enrolment and how much did u deposit before this was provided.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (84) (Reply)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.