Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? (533175 Views)

Pls I Want To Travel To Canada How Do I Start An How Much Is The Cost / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by mzhorlah(f): 9:17pm On Nov 12, 2016
Pillarofire:

Good day people,

Please is anyone here in Selkirk college? I am heading to Castlegar next month for Jan 2017 Session and I need accommodation. I will appreciate any assistance. Thanks.
kindly chk ur mail..sent a pm
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 13, 2016
I have a friend who would love to have his degree in either the UK or Canada... he's married though... now the issue is if he can take his wife along as a dependant since its just a degree program.... please its urgent... Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by goldenboy1894: 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2016
holotee:

Yes it is possible to sponsor yourself. As long as your account balance can cover all expenses including accommodation and feeding
thanks bro, will love to contact you for further details, kindly send me e-mail.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2016
whoever have information about memorial university in New foundland should please share and everything regarding the province... thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 15, 2016
datmadman:
I have a friend who would love to have his degree in either the UK or Canada... he's married though... now the issue is if he can take his wife along as a dependant since its just a degree program.... please its urgent... Thanks
ju
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 15, 2016
datmadman:
justwise
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
PLEASE HOUSE IF YOU KNOW AND CAN ANSWER>

HOW MUCH DO I PAY TO PROCESS MY STUDY VISA?

I WANT TO TRY APPLY ON ME OWN.

MANY THANKS.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by holotee(m): 6:58pm On Nov 15, 2016
datmadman:

I believe in deciding on one thing and sticking to it. Canadian and British rules are very far apart. Maybe your friend should make up his mind first and then proceed to the next stage.
As for Canada, nothing is impossible. Its usually just easier to go first and then bring madam later
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Holyfield1(m): 10:57pm On Nov 15, 2016
Ok
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Holyfield1(m): 11:02pm On Nov 15, 2016
mzhorlah:
plz reply your pm
Replied grin
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Holyfield1(m): 11:03pm On Nov 15, 2016
ok
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Holyfield1(m): 11:04pm On Nov 15, 2016
Ok
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by mzhorlah(f): 12:47am On Nov 16, 2016
Holyfield1:
Replied grin
you havent ....
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by mzjennypher(f): 8:13am On Nov 16, 2016
Good day House,

Please i would like to study in canada masters preferably but an agent said they can only help for pdg (am using agent cos i do not have proof of funds which they promised to provide). my question now is, is pdg okay and would it be possible to get pr while studying? i hope to get advice from this great house.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 16, 2016
holotee:

I believe in deciding on one thing and sticking to it. Canadian and British rules are very far apart. Maybe your friend should make up his mind first and then proceed to the next stage.
As for Canada, nothing is impossible. Its usually just easier to go first and then bring madam later
thanks... He has decided to focus on Canada... thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by holotee(m): 4:45pm On Nov 16, 2016
mzjennypher:
Good day House,

Please i would like to study in canada masters preferably but an agent said they can only help for pdg (am using agent cos i do not have proof of funds which they promised to provide). my question now is, is pdg okay and would it be possible to get pr while studying? i hope to get advice from this great house.

PGD is very much okay. Most of them have a duration of one year. Studying alone will not guarantee PR. Please take time and go through previous posts in this forum to see the process(s) involved in getting a PR
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by mzjennypher(f): 5:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
holotee:

PGD is very much okay. Most of them have a duration of one year. Studying alone will not guarantee PR. Please take time and go through previous posts in this forum to see the process(s) involved in getting a PR

thank you, i will.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 18, 2016
Please I have a question, am a student and I'll be resuming for my final year in January here in Nigeria. And I am thinking of doing my master's in industrial chemistry in Canada. .I want to ask if I can start the admission process now for 2018 intakes and if it's advisable to skip NYSC, hope it won't have any negative effects if per chance I wanna stay back and work there. And please what are the reputable schools you think I can apply to with sound chemistry department.
P.S. Anyone currently studying chemistry or related chemistry courses in both undergraduate and master's level should p.m. me or mention me, I have a lot of questions to bore you with. THANKS.

Cc: Justwise
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by mcdreeezy: 11:25am On Nov 18, 2016
Peacemaker101:
Good day all,

I need advice/ guidance on this issue of mine.
I applied earlier this year for an undergraduate study, but after a long wait I was denied reason being , I wasn't able to prove that I would sustain myself throughout my study financially.
I got confused because my dad (sponsor ) had over 20 million in different accounts cumulatively.
And my program is about CAD 30,000 s year.

I applied for the GCMS to get details of what went wrong but I've not gotten a reply yet.

So now I want to reapply again, but this time I want to apply to another university for a masters program, (that will be way cheaper than the undergrad ) then on getting to canada (hopefully I get it this time) I will now change my program back to the undergrad.

Do you think this is a good/wise move ?
Or do you have any other solution you can proffer.

Have in mind that I had completed a bsc in Nigeria already.

Thanks I'll be looking forward to your replies.
Good morning, pls I need tips on how to apply for undergraduate study in Canada. How did you apply for yours? Kindly help pls, thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ViktorMartins(m): 11:28am On Nov 18, 2016
jojcanada:
Good people of Nigeria, I haven't posted here in a while. I'm happy to see that many people are still going the route of studies in their quest to live the Canadian dream. Studying here does not guarantee a good job when you graduate but it sure makes it easier to fit into the system. I've said this before, please only study relevant courses where you can get a job.

A little update on my journey. I came in Jan 2015, studied IT project Management at Seneca for 1 year (8 months plus coop). Got a good job in December 2015 before i graduated and I've been working there till now. Got a pay raise so now in the 6 digits but that's not me trying to brag. It took hard work and dedication. I have kept my eyes on the ball.

Even though you are a student, know why you are here. If the goal is to remain here then make sure you have all the information you need early. Don't wait till you finish school to start running from lawyer to lawyer and wasting money. Like i said, i arrived Jan 2015, I completed IELTS in April 2015 (scored maximum points in each area), completed WES by June 2015, applied for Ontario nomination by November 2015, got nominated and have now successfully applied for my PR.

Stay focused, stay informed and study/work hard. I wish everyone success in their journey and a big thanks to all those who responded to my questions and gave advice along the way.

God bless

Hi Joj,

Please, can you guide me through the process of applying and securing MSc admission in a very good university with funding in Canada
I'd love to have my MSc in Biotechnology/Bioscience
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by mcdreeezy: 11:58am On Nov 18, 2016
Good morning everyone here. I want to apply for a degree in Business Management in a University in Canada. If you know any university that offers the course in Canada (preferably a cheap one), I'd really appreciate it if you can help me with how to go about applying for it.

Thanks in anticipation of your replies.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by holotee(m): 7:42pm On Nov 18, 2016
deeMarc:
Please I have a question, am a student and I'll be resuming for my final year in January here in Nigeria. And I am thinking of doing my master's in industrial chemistry in Canada. .I want to ask if I can start the admission process now for 2018 intakes and if it's advisable to skip NYSC, hope it won't have any negative effects if per chance I wanna stay back and work there. And please what are the reputable schools you think I can apply to with sound chemistry department.
P.S. Anyone currently studying chemistry or related chemistry courses in both undergraduate and master's level should p.m. me or mention me, I have a lot of questions to bore you with. THANKS.

Cc: Justwise

It's never too early to start application for a particular session. As long as the school you're applying to is receiving applications; then you're good to go. Personally i am not a fan of skipping NYSC (especially if u want to go back to naija) but its really up to you. As for which school, that is the work you will have to do by yourself. Except you are lucky to find or meet someone currently taking the course you wan to do.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by holotee(m): 7:47pm On Nov 18, 2016
mcdreeezy:
Good morning everyone here. I want to apply for a degree in Business Management in a University in Canada. If you know any university that offers the course in Canada (preferably a cheap one), I'd really appreciate it if you can help me with how to go about applying for it.

One of the best way(s) to make progress on your application is to do some research yourself. The mode of application for every university or college isnt necessarily the same. Simply visit to their website and it will be written there in black and white. You will also find full details on their tutition.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 18, 2016
holotee:

It's never too early to start application for a particular session. As long as the school you're applying to is receiving applications; then you're good to go. Personally i am not a fan of skipping NYSC (especially if u want to go back to naija) but its really up to you. As for which school, that is the work you will have to do by yourself. Except you are lucky to find or meet someone currently taking the course you wan to do.

Thanks so much. ..I really appreciate.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by OpeLovely(f): 10:57pm On Nov 18, 2016
Please what is the exchange rate of a Canadian dollar to a Naira?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by holotee(m): 11:20pm On Nov 18, 2016
OpeLovely:
Please what is the exchange rate of a Canadian dollar to a Naira?

Last month i changed at 320
The one i changed last 2 weeks ago was 310
three days ago i changed at 300
yesterday my guy said he changed at 310

At this point it really depends on your "mallam"
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by mcdreeezy: 11:34pm On Nov 18, 2016
holotee:

One of the best way(s) to make progress on your application is to do some research yourself. The mode of application for every university or college isnt necessarily the same. Simply visit to their website and it will be written there in black and white. You will also find full details on their tutition.
Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by EmmaMsc(m): 1:35am On Nov 19, 2016
mcdreeezy:

Hello,
Tuition costs in Canada is usually tied to the provinces. Generally Saskatchewan, Manitoba and New found Land have the lowest tuition rates. You might want to check universities in these provinces.
Cheers
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by hayqinsbFX: 1:43am On Nov 19, 2016
wheres your mallam?
holotee:

Last month i changed at 320
The one i changed last 2 weeks ago was 310
three days ago i changed at 300
yesterday my guy said he changed at 310

At this point it really depends on your "mallam"

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by mcdreeezy: 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2016
EmmaMsc:

Hello,
Tuition costs in Canada is usually tied to the provinces. Generally Saskatchewan, Manitoba and New found Land have the lowest tuition rates. You might want to check universities in these provinces.
Cheers
Thanks a lot.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by iykedare(m): 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2016
OpeLovely:
Is anyone here studying at the Uni of Calgary? Love to know more about the place in terms of orientation, welfare, how do YOU survive etc?

Thanks.

Were you offered admission by uni of Calgary?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Emm1234: 4:37am On Nov 23, 2016
Pillarofire:

Good day people,

Please is anyone here in Selkirk college? I am heading to Castlegar next month for Jan 2017 Session and I need accommodation. I will appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

Err dude you can check the school residence or homestay. There's also off campus accommodation here but you gotta get here first. Good luck!

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (84) (Reply)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.