Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? (533252 Views)

Pls I Want To Travel To Canada How Do I Start An How Much Is The Cost / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ceemac: 4:36am On Dec 22, 2016
emma4eva:
bro I didnt say I got admission at Mcmaster... I said between ryerson university in toronto and western university in london.

Have you made up your mind? Hit me up make we relate... Congrats Boss!
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by EmmaMsc(m): 5:49pm On Dec 22, 2016
Hello guys
It has been a while. Congrats to those that have their visas.
If there is anybody coming to U of Regina in January and need any advise or information get in touch with me.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ceemac: 6:27am On Dec 23, 2016
EmmaMsc:
Hello guys
If there is anybody coming to U of Regina in January and need any advise or information get in touch with me.

Cheers

Bros, I need an assistance from you... will send you a PM
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by seyilapy(m): 12:06pm On Dec 24, 2016
Bro please kindly PM me or shoot me your email address. Thanks

quote author=wealthkata post=51969909]HEY HOUSE, GOOD MORNING. PLS I APPLIED TO CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY FOR CERTIFICATE PROGRAM WHICH IS A YEAR PROGRAM, BUT MY CONTENTION IS THAT WILL I BE ASKED TO PAY FOR THE WHOLE TUITION FEE AT ONCE OR PART PAYMENT. ANYBODY WITH THE PAYMENT IDEA SHOULD HELP WITH GOOD INFORMATION.[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by seyilapy(m): 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2016
wealthkata:
HEY HOUSE, GOOD MORNING. PLS I APPLIED TO CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY FOR CERTIFICATE PROGRAM WHICH IS A YEAR PROGRAM, BUT MY CONTENTION IS THAT WILL I BE ASKED TO PAY FOR THE WHOLE TUITION FEE AT ONCE OR PART PAYMENT. ANYBODY WITH THE PAYMENT IDEA SHOULD HELP WITH GOOD INFORMATION.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by abdullahi45: 6:59am On Dec 25, 2016
EmmaMsc:
Hello guys

Cheers
Yes bro. Can you please be of help. How do i go about the application and visa. Be a guide bro
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by abdulkabirtobi(m): 10:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
EmmaMsc:
Hello guys

Cheers
Boss, can I do a credit transfer at u of g with my hnd certificate?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by itsloba: 1:42pm On Dec 30, 2016
Good day house.. Compliment of the season. Please is there anyone who has any information on lambton college and is also willing to put me through certian things.. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Booskie88: 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2016
hello house,
please is there anyone who is Uvic or Camosun college bound this January, and is willing to share a two bedroom apartment with a lady and a child.. kindly contact me.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by lamama1: 3:11am On Dec 31, 2016
guys,

how is it going been a while, was wondering what and what do i need to renew study permit
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 4:15am On Dec 31, 2016
lamama1:
guys,

how is it going been a while, was wondering what and what do i need to renew study permit

Just go to this link and answer the questionnaire correctly, generally you'll need your passport, acceptance letter, bank statements, etc

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Teddywhiz1: 10:48am On Jan 06, 2017
Please I would like to know the difference between temporary residence visa and a study permit...
Who needs a trv and who needs a study permit
Are there any difference in the application process of getting a trv and that of a study permit
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by dogice(m): 8:35pm On Jan 06, 2017
Teddywhiz1:
Please I would like to know the difference between temporary residence visa and a study permit...
Who needs a trv and who needs a study permit
Are there any difference in the application process of getting a trv and that of a study permit

Temporary Residence Visa is the document you need to enter Canada. TRV could be single entry which you can only use once to enter the country and is usually valid for a month while multiple entry could be used numerous times.

Study Permit is a document issued at your point of entry in Canada which allows you to study in the country. Most people get their SP at the airport. Common places are Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver.

The application is usually done simultaneously. When your study permit application is successful, you get your TRV in Lagos, then as soon as you get to Canada, you'd be issued a study permit.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by dogice(m): 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2017
emma4eva:
Good day, i am making arrangements for my movement to toronto, i couldnt find a general overview of things i should go with. the DOs and DONTs. I have no idea where to start. I need assistance.

What exactly do you need to know?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by dogice(m): 8:43pm On Jan 06, 2017
iykedare:

Looks like you got admission to McMaster and ryerson.
McMaster is a top school - one of the 10 best schools in Canada and in the world's top 200. Ryerson is way below. Google McMaster and I bet you won't even consider ryerson

Ryerson is in heart of Toronto which means that cost of living/rent would be more expensive than McMaster in Ontario. I'm not in Canada but I've done a bit of research on these kind of things.

Ryerson University is in downtown Toronto and McMaster is in Hamilton, both in the province of Ontario. But yea, you're right, McMaster is a top school in Canada when compared to Ryerson. Cost of living in Toronto is higher than in Hamilton.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by dogice(m): 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2017
datmadman:
whoever have information about memorial university in New foundland should please share and everything regarding the province... thanks

I haven't been to Newfoundland but I have a few friends that schooled at MUN. Newfoundland is a a dead province tbh but who cares. It is still better than Lagos smiley But the good news is MUN is one of the cheapest if not the cheapest University in Canada and the school is standard. Also, the province has oil so they aint doing too bad economic wise.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Patrick2go: 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hello guys,
Thanks to y'all for keeping this thread alive by making priceless efforts to seeing that answers are provided to the questions of many. More Grace!

Please i need a lead in the quest of locating cheap/affordable colleges/ universities or any recognized institution of learning in any provice in Canada to undertake a 1yr certificate/diploma programme in Logistics&Supply Mgt. it's my opinion that a masters or pgd prog would be way expensive reason why I'm of the former. Most that i've come across through my personal search online is way expensive.
Please guys, oblige my plea. I would be most grateful. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by dogice(m): 8:52pm On Jan 06, 2017
Patrick2go:
Hello guys,
Thanks to y'all for keeping this thread alive by making priceless efforts to seeing that answers are provided to the questions of many. More Grace!

Please i need a lead in the quest of locating cheap/affordable colleges/ universities or any recognized institution of learning in any provice in Canada to undertake a 1yr certificate/diploma programme in Logistics&Supply Mgt. it's my opinion that a masters or pgd prog would be way expensive reason why I'm of the former. Most that i've come across through my personal search online is way expensive.
Please guys, oblige my plea. I would be most grateful. Thank you.

Try Humber College in Toronto, New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) in Fredericton, Saint John and Moncton and Fanshawe College in London.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Razzo: 10:24am On Jan 07, 2017
Good day everyone! Pls I want to apply for Meng. electrical engineering (thesis). I made a cgpa of 3.8 and a gpa of 4.32 in the last two year of my Beng. Pls do I stand a chance of being admitted? Which cheap schools should I apply for? Do I need to find a supervisor first?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Patrick2go: 11:27am On Jan 07, 2017
dogice:

Try Humber College in Toronto, New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) in Fredericton, Saint John and Moncton and Fanshawe College in London.

Thank you for the resp @dogice. However, Still no lead as the schools are above $10k CAD. I would gladly welcome more Submissions. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by dogice(m): 1:54pm On Jan 07, 2017
Razzo:
Good day everyone! Pls I want to apply for Meng. electrical engineering (thesis). I made a cgpa of 3.8 and a gpa of 4.32 in the last two year of my Beng. Pls do I stand a chance of being admitted? Which cheap schools should I apply for? Do I need to find a supervisor first?

Hello, is your grade point out of 5? As a Canadian trained Engineer myself, I could advise you on this. Memorial University of NewFoundland MUN, University of New Brunswick UNB, Dalhousie University, University of Ottawa, Queens University. These are quite cheap and you can hardly go cheaper in Canada. You do not need a supervisor for MEng program, you only need references. Also I believe York Uni and Western has a decent tuition.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by dogice(m): 1:59pm On Jan 07, 2017
Patrick2go:

Thank you for the resp @dogice. However, Still no lead as the schools are above $10k CAD. I would gladly welcome more Submissions. Thank you.

Try Brandon University, Memorial University of NewFoundland, Dominican University College, St. Thomas University, Saint Paul University.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by d4guy: 3:27pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pls guys are their Agricultural courses in Canada and how are the opportunities after school? I would like to go for an MSC program in Agriculture, preferable sustainable Agriculture. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by dogice(m): 3:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
d4guy:
Pls guys are their Agricultural courses in Canada and how are the opportunities after school? I would like to go for an MSC program in Agriculture, preferable sustainable Agriculture. Thanks

I hardly hear of Agricultural courses in Canada. Maybe colleges in Saskatchewan might offer something. You might wanna try that
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Razzo: 4:23pm On Jan 07, 2017
dogice:

Hello, is your grade point out of 5? As a Canadian trained Engineer myself, I could advise you on this. Memorial University of NewFoundland MUN, University of New Brunswick UNB, Dalhousie University, University of Ottawa, Queens University. These are quite cheap and you can hardly go cheaper in Canada. You do not need a supervisor for MEng program, you only need references. Also I believe York Uni and Western has a decent tuition.
Yes sir it's on a 5.0 scale. Please sir, what about the cost of living (accommodation)?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by dogice(m): 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
Razzo:

Yes sir it's on a 5.0 scale. Please sir, what about the cost of living (accommodation)?

Your grade point should be fine for most schools sir. Yours is roughly 3.5 on a scale of 4 which most schools use. You might also need to write IELTS since you did not school here (not sure about that) and submit your resume and letter of intent which is mandatory for everyone. You also need to provide references. The overall decision is made on these factors. Cost of living depends on the city you live/the kind of lifestyle you live sir.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Razzo: 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2017
dogice:

Your grade point should be fine for most schools sir. Yours is roughly 3.5 on a scale of 4 which most schools use. You might also need to write IELTS since you did not school here (not sure about that) and submit your resume and letter of intent which is mandatory for everyone. You also need to provide references. The overall decision is made on these factors. Cost of living depends on the city you live/the kind of lifestyle you live sir.

Sir, I checked out the schools Like u told me. I observed that Memorial university and university of Saskatchewan are the cheapest tuition for Engineering postgraduate studies. proof of English proficiency is not required since my Nigeria's first language is English. Thanks a lot sir! You really made things clearer to me. I was worried about my grade whether it's good enough for the admission. Sir, if I may ask which school did u attend?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by dogice(m): 7:56pm On Jan 07, 2017
Razzo:

Sir, I checked out the schools Like u told me. I observed that Memorial university and university of Saskatchewan are the cheapest tuition for Engineering postgraduate studies. proof of English proficiency is not required since my Nigeria's first language is English. Thanks a lot sir! You really made things clearer to me. I was worried about my grade whether it's good enough for the admission. Sir, if I may ask which school did u attend?

I went to The University of New Brunswick. What's with all these sirs though lol
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Teddywhiz1: 12:18pm On Jan 08, 2017
@dogice.... How are the prospects after studies for an engineer... What's the minimum wage in Manitoba to be precise... Because in the UK engineers don't have job security because they are in competition with the cheap labour

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (84) (Reply)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.