Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,595 members, 7,801,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? (532843 Views)

Pls I Want To Travel To Canada How Do I Start An How Much Is The Cost / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Mzincredible(f): 3:43pm On Mar 10, 2017
Good Day everyone,

Anyone going to Vancouver Island University Sep 2017?

Any information on accommodation, Job. e.t.c will be helpful.

This will be my first time going to Canada. Thank You
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Johnnyessence(m): 5:50pm On Mar 10, 2017
Mzincredible:
Good Day everyone,

please I want to ask here did you applied for scholarship niii or you applied directly for their masters.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Benfaco: 6:49pm On Mar 10, 2017
shinarambo1:

Academically, there is NO correlation between the courses. I work in the Electrical Engineering industry.

I thought electrical and computer engineering is more flexible, having options in hardware engineering,software engineering and communications?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Benfaco: 6:51pm On Mar 10, 2017
shinarambo1:

Academically, there is NO correlation between the courses. I work in the Electrical Engineering industry.

I thought electrical and computer engineering is more flexible, having options in hardware engineering,software engineering and communications?[/
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by SpeedndAccuracy(m): 10:04pm On Mar 13, 2017
Hi
Sent you a PM Joj.
Kindly reply when you can.
I'm motivated by your story
God bless
jojcanada:
Good people of Nigeria, I haven't posted here in a while. I'm happy to see that many people are still going the route of studies in their quest to live the Canadian dream. Studying here does not guarantee a good job when you graduate but it sure makes it easier to fit into the system. I've said this before, please only study relevant courses where you can get a job.

A little update on my journey. I came in Jan 2015, studied IT project Management at Seneca for 1 year (8 months plus coop). Got a good job in December 2015 before i graduated and I've been working there till now. Got a pay raise so now in the 6 digits but that's not me trying to brag. It took hard work and dedication. I have kept my eyes on the ball.

Even though you are a student, know why you are here. If the goal is to remain here then make sure you have all the information you need early. Don't wait till you finish school to start running from lawyer to lawyer and wasting money. Like i said, i arrived Jan 2015, I completed IELTS in April 2015 (scored maximum points in each area), completed WES by June 2015, applied for Ontario nomination by November 2015, got nominated and have now successfully applied for my PR.

Stay focused, stay informed and study/work hard. I wish everyone success in their journey and a big thanks to all those who responded to my questions and gave advice along the way.

God bless

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by hardehbayor112(m): 10:50pm On Mar 13, 2017
Mzincredible:
Good Day everyone,

I sent you a pm, please do reply me
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by SpeedndAccuracy(m): 6:51pm On Mar 14, 2017
Where @thou??
@Jojcanada
Work I guess...
Still waiting o
SpeedndAccuracy:
Hi
Sent you a PM Joj.
Kindly reply when you can.
I'm motivated by your story
God bless
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ozzy2: 3:09pm On Mar 16, 2017
Omonjoe:
Yes....it is possible

Please i will appreciate if u can help with d steps i need to follow to change my school and course of study in canada.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by dogice(m): 3:16pm On Mar 16, 2017
Owotobi:
Good afternoon house.. I.will like to make enquiry on d total cost if I want to study for my post graduate diploma in University of Windsor.....

Google it bro, you can easily get this info from the school website. Moreover, this thread is not meant for what you are asking.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by candor4(f): 7:04pm On Mar 16, 2017
studyincanada18:

Hi,
Memorial UNi won't accept H.N.D for masters program,the only uni that accepts H.ND for masters is uni PEI and you must meet certain requirements.

Thanks.

Please what are the requirements.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by studyincanada18(m): 9:23pm On Mar 16, 2017
candor4:

Please what are the requirements.

well you would have like a year work term in your area of study b4 applying for the master's program,and a letter to the school stating your work experience.the school will then determine your eligibility.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Pjmaek007: 8:55pm On Mar 22, 2017
Hello guys I am new here. I was introduced to this site by my spouse. I really appreciate the wonderful job you guys are doing here.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Benfaco1: 6:04pm On Mar 25, 2017
shinarambo1:

The question he asked was "can he be admitted for advanced studies in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering with a first degree in Information Technology".

You can go from a first degree in Elect or Computer Engr to a Masters in Information Technology, but not vice versa.

Electrical and Computer engineering are highly technical degrees with lots of advanced mathematical contents.
IT usually contains business focused classes and lighter technical classes.

Thanks boss! you've cleared my doubts. But can I apply for computer science with a first degree in Information technology.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by skybunk: 9:01pm On Mar 30, 2017
I just got aN acceptance letter for Conestoga college in Ontario this Sept 2017 to do postgraduate cert in community and social service management program. Are there job opportunities for the course. Pls any one with useful info pls help.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Pureheart91(m): 12:05am On Mar 31, 2017
GUYS are their job opportunities for Petroleum related courses in Canada now considering the downward plunge of oil prices, and would love for someone who has succeeded in this field to put me through on the whole processes involved in making headways.
Tnx
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by salford: 8:45pm On Apr 01, 2017
Pureheart91:
GUYS are their job opportunities for Petroleum related courses in Canada now considering the downward plunge of oil prices, and would love for someone who has succeeded in this field to put me through on the whole processes involved in making headways.
Tnx
The oil industry in Canada is in a state of comatose.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by GidiPrince: 10:20pm On Apr 01, 2017
hello house,

please whats the cheapest means of sending a small box from Alberta to Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ladyvan88(f): 4:49pm On Apr 02, 2017
britiko:

My dear, I smiled at ur post.
Canada is very cold. You will be fine no matter ur location if you bundle up properly using thermal wear and the likes.So don't let the weather be a source of concern now.

Lol. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
chimah3:
Why are you all derailing the purpose of this thread...this is not a place to calculate GP or make school enquiries. That is done here:

https://www.nairaland.com/3315266/travelling-canada-part-11

I believe this is a thread to learn how to survive when you finally get to Canada. And learn from the experiences of those who have gone ahead.

@dogice and other gurus!!!!!
I strongly believe you can ONLY help this thread by directing unrelated enquiries to the appropriate threads!!!.. Cos If you continue to provide answer to every enquiry here... truly the main purpose of this thread is surely defeated!

Seriously... I wanted to join the thread but needed to study the posts from past pages... Alas i got discouraged!!!
Totally mixed up and misguided.. A lot of admission & TRV questions that should have been held on "Canadian study visa thread"... There's " open work permit thread"... I wonder why this particular thread in not organized...

The focus is about lost and should be redressed!!!
Kindly refer all unrelated enquiries to the right thread and let things flow smoothly.

I had expected that this would be the most matured and somewhat like the "PhD class" of all other Canada related threads??
Pls guys let's use this thread for the purpose it was created for!!!
Regards.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by dogice(m): 2:29pm On Apr 03, 2017
Folaroyal:

@dogice and other gurus!!!!!
I strongly believe you can ONLY help this thread by directing unrelated enquiries to the appropriate threads!!!.. Cos If you continue to provide answer to every enquiry here... truly the main purpose of this thread is surely defeated!

Seriously... I wanted to join the thread but needed to study the posts from past pages... Alas i got discouraged!!!
Totally mixed up and misguided.. A lot of admission & TRV questions that should have been held on "Canadian study visa thread"... There's " open work permit thread"... I wonder why this particular thread in not organized...

The focus is about lost and should be redressed!!!
Kindly refer all unrelated enquiries to the right thread and let things flow smoothly.

I had expected that this would be the most matured and somewhat like the "PhD class" of all other Canada related threads??
Pls guys let's use this thread for the purpose it was created for!!!
Regards.

Noted. I totally agree with you boss
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by dogice(m): 2:43pm On Apr 03, 2017
GidiPrince:
hello house,

please whats the cheapest means of sending a small box from Alberta to Nigeria?

Your best option is to look for a friend traveling to Nigeria very soon. Give it to him/her and the person would deliver is for free. You can go on Facebook and ask if any of your friend or even friends friend is going back home soon. Plus this is April, the academic session is almost over and a lot of students should be going back to Nigeria for the summer break.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by profdan01: 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2017
How do I survive in Canada without relatives and having a place to stay, what can I do can I get a rented apartment same day I land and probably make friends to show me round? Note am going there to work then school after like 2years
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 04, 2017
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Fredozki(m): 9:44pm On Apr 04, 2017
Please friends, does anyone know how long it takes UNB to process admission, I have already applied for winter 2018 Msc Electrical and Computer Engineering
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 05, 2017
Fredozki:
Please friends, does anyone know how long it takes UNB to process admission, I have already applied for winter 2018 Msc Electrical and Computer Engineering
Push this query to Canada study permit thread!
Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (84) (Reply)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.