Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,701 members, 7,802,085 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? (532866 Views)

Pls I Want To Travel To Canada How Do I Start An How Much Is The Cost / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by noblealuu: 3:58pm On May 18, 2017
Ommyk:
Hello,who is in Halifax,has a PR status and needs a summer job with a church in Clayton park.30- 35hrs a week.PM me

Hello,
Please do you have any idea about Atlantic Immigration Pilot? Which comprises the four Atlantic Provinces, including Nova Scotia? I need a heads up on how to get a job from Nova Scotia to enhance chances of immigration.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by mzhorlah(f): 4:57pm On May 18, 2017
hello, please I need someone to reply me. thanks
is it possible to seek n get Job/employment in Canada from Nigeria here n then later apply for Masters programme.
will be anticipating opinions

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by salford: 3:10am On May 21, 2017
mzhorlah:
is it possible to seek n get Job/employment in Canada from Nigeria here n then later apply for Masters programme.
The chances of getting a job in Canada from Nigeria is next to zero.

chime11:
pls house I need help on how to enter Canada for studies, I planned to study diploma in pharmacy for two years,with a diploma can I work and study,also can I find affordable uni or college pls
There is nothing like a diploma in pharmacy except you meant pharm tech.
You can work for 20hrs a week during sessions and full time on school breaks. You can combine work with studies if you are efiko.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by chime11(m): 6:33am On May 21, 2017
OK tnx for your reply,pls do u know of affordable schools and how to apply
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by salford: 9:59am On May 21, 2017
chime11:
OK tnx for your reply,pls do u know of affordable schools and how to apply
check the student thread on NL.
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by mzhorlah(f): 11:34am On May 21, 2017
salford:

The chances of getting a job in Canada from Nigeria is next to zero.

There is nothing like a diploma in pharmacy except you meant pharm tech.
You can work for 20hrs a week during sessions and full time on school breaks. You can combine work with studies if you are efiko.
Thanks. so are you advising I apply for masters of programme first then do work and study if there is anything like that
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by salford: 5:53pm On May 21, 2017
mzhorlah:
Thanks. so are you advising I apply for masters of programme first then do work and study if there is anything like that
Well. You can only work 20hrs per week on a student visa while schooling. You can work full time for around 4months in a year when schools are on summer break. When you complete say your masters, you could get a 3 year post graduate work permit which enables you to work full time for 3 years. Hopefully, before the end of year 3, you might qualify to apply for permanent residence through the pnp or federal immigration programs.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by mzhorlah(f): 6:08pm On May 21, 2017
salford:

Well. You can only work 20hrs per week on a student visa while schooling. You can work full time for around 4months in a year when schools are on summer break. When you complete say your masters, you could get a 3 year post graduate work permit which enables you to work full time for 3 years. Hopefully, before the end of year 3, you might qualify to apply for permanent residence through the pnp or federal immigration programs.
Thanks alot...I will get back to you
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Divsy(f): 7:39am On May 23, 2017
please is there any university in canada that accepts NIgerian student who intends to do internship on biomedical technology on getting to Canada.
kindly reply this anyone
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Oyemat123(m): 4:35pm On May 27, 2017
Hello house, I am to resume this September at UOIT for MITS.
I am seriously searching for Accomodation at Ottawa with budget of 300 to 400 Cad. Also anyone who knows the procedures to pay the fees . I want to know the cheapest flight that won't need transit visa .
Lastly I would also like to know the documents needed to take to the POE
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Truce01: 3:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
mzhorlah:

Hello,
That is a really tall order. Its technically possible but highly unlikely as you MUST be exceptionally good enough for your prospective employer to go through the hassle of proving to immigration that they can't find your skill set in Canada. I'll suggest you go for study visa or express entry, checkout Canadian visa guide mobile app for more info.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Truce01: 3:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
Divsy:
please is there any university in canada that accepts NIgerian student who intends to do internship on biomedical technology on getting to Canada.
kindly reply this anyone
Hello,
You should contact the schools, send them emails and they'll reply. Their rules and requirement differ
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Truce01: 3:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
Oyemat123:
Hello house, I am to resume this September at UOIT for MITS.
I am seriously searching for Accomodation at Ottawa with budget of 300 to 400 Cad. Also anyone who knows the procedures to pay the fees . I want to know the cheapest flight that won't need transit visa .
Lastly I would also like to know the documents needed to take to the POE
Thanks

Take along all the documents with which you secured your visa.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Divsy(f): 5:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
Truce01:

Hello,
You should contact the schools, send them emails and they'll reply. Their rules and requirement differ
Thanks a lot
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by chimah3(m): 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
Anyone in/heading to kitchener/waterloo region??
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Holabisi: 12:39am On Jun 04, 2017
Hello everyone ,

Please I need suggestions from folks currently in canada,
I'm a young pharmacist currently undergoing nysc i have streamlined my options to;

1. Diploma in biotechnology at centennial college(1year)
2. Post degree diploma in business management- health administration specialization, nothern lights college, Dawson creek , BC (2 years)
*iv tried unsucessfully to gain admission for a masters program due to poor research experience
*schooling is just to gain access to enrol and write a licensure exam in canada
My question.
How realistic is it to achieve success in the conversion degree after a 1 year diploma?
The reviews I have read about Dawson creek has not been encouraging , any advice on opportunities and living there as a student?

Bikonu, help a sis ...or any pharmacist in Canada ur help will be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by salford: 12:51am On Jun 04, 2017
Holabisi:
Hello everyone ,

Please I need suggestions from folks currently in canada,
I'm a young pharmacist currently undergoing nysc i have streamlined my options to;

1. Diploma in biotechnology at centennial college(1year)
2. Post degree diploma in business management- health administration specialization, nothern lights college, Dawson creek , BC (2 years)
*iv tried unsucessfully to gain admission for a masters program due to poor research experience
*schooling is just to gain access to enrol and write a licensure exam in canada
My question.
How realistic is it to achieve success in the conversion degree after a 1 year diploma?
The reviews I have read about Dawson creek has not been encouraging , any advice on opportunities and living there as a student?

Bikonu, help a sis ...or any pharmacist in Canada ur help will be greatly appreciated.
Not to discourage you, but I don't see how you can complete the licensure exams+Internship in one year except maybe you schooled in the US.

The closest chance would be for you to start the processing and exams preparation once you land, and in addition to your post study work visa.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Holabisi: 12:38pm On Jun 04, 2017
salford:

Not to discourage you, but I don't see how you can complete the licensure exams+Internship in one year except maybe you schooled in the US.

The closest chance would be for you to start the processing and exams preparation once you land, and in addition to your post study work visa.

Thanks ....I appreciate the response
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by maygreaves(m): 8:36am On Jun 13, 2017
This Thread is too funny,

Folaroyal, Dogice et all have advised people on where to get information for schooling and stated what this thread is for. But yet people just always think, "let me just ask my own, its kuku only one". Nigerians, Epic!!!
Truce01:

Hello,

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ajaokabir: 8:16pm On Jun 16, 2017
Ayoola03
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by 2bpat: 12:00am On Jun 20, 2017
My good people,

Please which Canadian School can I apply for MBA with this qualification;

Bsc Accounting 2.2 lower division (2.5 CGPA), 5 yrs working experience
Without GMAT

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Bawss1(m): 12:23am On Jun 20, 2017
2bpat:
My good people,

Please which Canadian School can I apply for MBA with this qualification;

Bsc Accounting 2.2 lower division (2.5 CGPA), 5 yrs working experience
Without GMAT

Thank you

You will find answers here https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part
Cheers
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by 2bpat: 10:17pm On Jun 20, 2017
Bawss1:

You will find answers here https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part
Cheers

This was helpful. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by chime11(m): 6:15am On Jun 29, 2017
please house,are there schools that accepts payments in installments?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by CanadianNurse: 8:39am On Jun 30, 2017
Good morning y'all, I will kindly want to find out the requirements and procedures to extend ones study permit.

I will like to prepare for it from now before the time comes
So I will like to know what I need

Thanks

Cc:@salford1 @dogice @truce01 @maternal
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by dogice(m): 4:44pm On Jun 30, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Good morning y'all, I will kindly want to find out the requirements and procedures to extend ones study permit.

I will like to prepare for it from now before the time comes
So I will like to know what I need

Thanks

Cc:@salford1 @dogice @truce01 @maternal

It is straight forward if you are within Canada. Complete the questionnaire on www.cic.gc.ca, fill forms IMM5257B_1 and IMM5709E, make sure your passport is valid, get your transcript/admission letter and have about $3,000 in your account. Take a passport photograph with cic specifications and pay the processing fee.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by chime11(m): 8:02pm On Jun 30, 2017
pls house,what's the amount required or bank statement needed when applying for visa undergraduate program, pls someone should give me a clue
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by CanadianNurse: 10:25pm On Jun 30, 2017
dogice:

It is straight forward if you are within Canada. Complete the questionnaire on www.cic.gc.ca, fill forms IMM5257B_1 and IMM5709E, make sure your passport is valid, get your transcript/admission letter and have about $3,000 in your account. Take a passport photograph with cic specifications and pay the processing fee.
Thanks bro
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ajibolag(m): 7:45pm On Jul 03, 2017
salford:

can I apply for work visa first, to work and save money then apply for work and study visa for MSC in Canada?
cos my dad can't afford paying that kind of exorbitant school fees

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (84) (Reply)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.