Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper (7060 Views)

Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself / A Nairalander Bathing A Baby And Changing Diaper(photo) / Best Diaper For Babies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by tigerleggs(m): 12:17am On Feb 06, 2012
It wasn't funny a bit. I'd always believed I could do anything without a hoot until I tried to change my son's diaper. I'd watched my wife do it many times, though I never paid much attention. I really fumbled. My wife went to take an exam, my nanny didn't show up that day then, I was saddled with the responsibility of babysitting our son. The guy pooped and was restless. I knew I had to clean him and change the diaper or there would be no peace. Removing the soiled diaper caused an injury to my carpet, wiping his bombom was a herculean task, while replacing the soiled one was calamitous. The 5months old guy knew that everything was wrong but couldn't say it. I did it at last, but was later told by my wife that I put the back in front. HAVE YOU TRIED IT?
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by tessybaby(f): 8:09am On Feb 06, 2012
hahahahhahahahahhaaha
you really got me laffing there
it served you right
next time pay attention
coz you would have to bath him too. lol
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by tigerleggs(m): 8:35am On Feb 06, 2012
tessybaby:

hahahahhahahahahhaaha
you really got me laffing there
it served you right
next time pay attention
coz you would have to bath him too. lol
I now pay attention to everything but I pray it won't come to bathing him. I'd simply break him.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 06, 2012
laooooo this is funny. Pele, its cos u didn't start early enough. My husband has been changing our baby since she was 2 weeks.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by tigerleggs(m): 11:12am On Feb 06, 2012
parisienne:

laooooo this is funny. Pele, its cos u didn't start early enough. My husband has been changing our baby since she was 2 WEEKS.
Not that easyoooo. Maybe your hubby trained as a nanny or nurse before he married you.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 06, 2012
Hahahaha no oh! He watched me do it n by that age they don't kick so it was easy 4 him to get the hang of it, I'm sure ur son was kicking n wriggling about. Wish u had filmed urself n uploaded to youtube.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by iaabc(f): 1:55pm On Feb 06, 2012
Hilarious. grin Hope you at least looked at your wife with wonder eyes afterwards! wink
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 06, 2012
I change my baby daughter's diaper almost daily, as much as my wife does, it's no big deal. I also give her a bath too, and get her dressed, if my wife is busy, mostly in the evenings when she's had to deal with our daughter all day, and I'm back from work.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 06, 2012
^^^ sweet! Your wife is lucky. Not many men would have that level of understanding. Kudos
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by blank(f): 3:16pm On Feb 06, 2012
My husband has never tried any of the above and i am secretly relieved though i sometimes heckle him about it. The one time he tried to change my LO's diapers, he was fiddling with the thingy so my baby wiggled away and went and hugged him. Then left him a little present on his pair of jeans. I have never laughed so hard in my life. You should have seen his face. Needless to say, he did not finish that task.

I keep teasinh him that he is not patient enough. What he knows how to do best is to sing him to sleep.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Fhemmmy: 4:18pm On Feb 06, 2012
Yes, but watched Mother did it first . . . I love doing it, cos made me feel like a kool dad.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by gulfer: 9:22pm On Feb 06, 2012
I just did a change an hour ago; not just diaper change but total nightcap change for my baby girl including night powder etc.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by kim77: 9:23pm On Feb 06, 2012
Its part of daily life here in diaspora where you cant afford to hire a nanny.
Beside you and your wife will raise the family together, otherwise half of your income will go for paying minders(Baby sitters).
Also single parent (Man/Woman) does it daily. But its unusual in Nigeria. What is normal in one environment its abnormal in another.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by achinu(m): 9:29pm On Feb 06, 2012
yup, I have a 13 mos old child & I have gotten quite good at diaper duty  smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley My brother in-law visited us from nigeria & my wife asked him if he had ever changed his child's diaper & he had the look of a deer caught in a head-light (clueless) lol
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by jawjaw1: 9:32pm On Feb 06, 2012
Havent done it before but as an expectant father, I am looking forward to it.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Royou: 9:42pm On Feb 06, 2012
That is the easiest way to get to bond with the little fellas, i got 2 (10month and a 2yr old) of them and i have being minding them since birth-diaper changing, bathing, singing (i'm now a barney fan - know all their songs), rocking feeding etc. Its the only way my wife can go out and leave us and find her sanity. Since i do not subscribe to minders i do the minding myself with my wife, funny enough we live in Lagos. Trust me its fun, and you know the fun part we we go out and the little one poops in her diaper they run to me and not their mum! smiley

1 Like

Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Osama10(m): 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2012
That's nothing, the only thing I can't do is to breast feed & we all know the reason. cool
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Johnnynash(m): 9:56pm On Feb 06, 2012
infact it is something i like doing i bath for my son and daughter every morning thats no big deal all men should learn to do same in case of emergency
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by GooseBaba: 10:01pm On Feb 06, 2012
Diaper change, One can never get used to the smelly green shit or texture. The joy of being a parent,
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 06, 2012
I'd love to try but but don't got no kid
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by tunnytox(m): 10:23pm On Feb 06, 2012
Changing baby diapers is no big deal to me as I do this almost everyday, I'll also do the school run starting from 7am Mon-Fri before I go to office.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Rastamann: 10:35pm On Feb 06, 2012
Its no big deal at all. @poster you have to learn to do it, no dey leave everything for ya wife o!
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Yeske2(m): 10:37pm On Feb 06, 2012
An expectant father here and really want to join the bandwagon.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by SPIFF(m): 10:41pm On Feb 06, 2012
It's not a big deal. Our marriage was 6 last December and we have two boys already. My wife used to work on Island but my office is closer to the house. So I always come back before her. So I wil have to relieve the nanny by 7:30 so I always take over. So you wouldn't doubt that between those period till she's back around 10/11 dat they won't mess up. So I don't have a choice other than to change for them. As a matter of fact I think am even better than her in taking care of kids.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by princeonx: 10:43pm On Feb 06, 2012
@poster: lol! see how 5months old child dey terrorize you lol! I feel you my bro but its not a big deal at all. I started doing all that from when my son was 2 days old including giving him a bath. Now he's 16months old and once you see him trying to pull the diaper off his waste or bring you a new diaper then you know that yawa don gazz lol.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by txswat: 10:45pm On Feb 06, 2012
I do it all the time, part of the "blessings" of being a GOOD DAD/FATHER especially in the US  wink
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Sprumbaba: 10:50pm On Feb 06, 2012
I did mine the other way round. It was discovered at the Day care.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 06, 2012
kim77:

Its part of daily life here in diaspora where you cant afford to hire a nanny.
Beside you and your wife will raise the family together, otherwise half of your income will go for paying minders(Baby sitters).
Also single parent (Man/Woman) does it daily. But its unusual in Nigeria. What is normal in one environment its abnormal in another.

I bathed and diapered my kid sister when she was a baby, and that was in Nigeria. It was nothing to do with what my parents could or couldn't afford. So I guess it's more to do with individuals, family structure and the way different people are brought up.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Nicols(m): 11:00pm On Feb 06, 2012
No big deal. I just changed it few minutes ago and the little man is sleeping peacefully. The only thing I don't know how to do, as a poster rightly pointed out, is to br€ast feed him.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by janedoe(f): 11:09pm On Feb 06, 2012
Woohoo!!! big ups to the daddys that change their babies 'draws'

1 Like

Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 06, 2012
Not a big deal and certainly not an Herculean task. It's just changing a diaper.
Re: Men - Have You Ever Tried To Change Your Child's Diaper by Akintola11(m): 11:26pm On Feb 06, 2012
The latest installment of 'This Week in Nigeria' MEND resume hostilities in the Niger Delta, Foreign reserves experience biggest rise in months & much more!! Stay current, stay informed,

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/blog/week-nigeria-mend-recommence-hostilities

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are They So Many Pedophile's Out There? / Pls Help My Husband Always Report Any Little Misunderstanding We Have To His Mum / Will Conception Be Possible Without Women In Any Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.