Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,201 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil (6331 Views)

MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday / MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon / MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by supereagle(m): 4:20am On Feb 06, 2012
AFTER cessation of hostilities for some months in the Niger-Delta, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger-Delta, MEND, weekend, threatened to bomb telecommunication giant, MTN, SACOIL and other investments of South Africa in Nigeria because of alleged interference of President Jacob Zuma in its struggle for justice in the Niger-Delta.
The militant group issued the warning in an internet post by its spokesman, Jomo Gbomo, shortly after it bombarded the National Agip Oil Company, NAOC, trunk line at Brass in Bayelsa state on Saturday.
In a disguised reference to the tribulation of its assumed leader, Henry Okah and postponement of his trial in by a South-African court, the militant group said the South Africa President has reduced himself to a mercenary of President Goodluck Jonathan.
According to it: “In the dark days to come, MTN, SACOIL, and other South African investments will pay a heavy price for the interference of Jacob Zuma in the legitimate fight for justice in the Niger Delta by its people. The South African President has reduced himself to the position of a hired thug for Goodluck Jonathan”.
The group, which also announced a new phase for its struggle for justice, claimed responsibility for the January 28 bombing of the Ogbogbabene country home of the Minister of Niger-Delta, Elder Peter Godsday Orubebe in Burtutu Local Government Area of Delta State.
In the words of the group, “On Saturday, the 4th of February at 1930hrs, fighters of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (M.E.N.D) attacked and destroyed the Agip trunk line at brass in Bayelsa State in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria”.
“This relatively insignificant attack is a reminder of our presence in the creeks of the Niger Delta and a sign of things to come”, it stated.
“We have constantly warned Nigerians about Goodluck Jonathan and his train of idiots running Nigeria. Events of the last few months have vindicated our position on his inability to lead Nigeria anywhere but downwards”, the group added.
“Rather than address serious issues facing the nation and its citizens, Goodluck Jonathan squanders public funds on tribalistic sycophants and thugs calling themselves ex-militants.
“Nigerians should disregard the idle threats and ranting of imaginary militant groups and other hired “Jonathan praise singers”. Besides empty talk, they are unable to help Jonathan in any way. In fact most so called ex-militants are hiding in Abuja or Lagos, not venturing near their villages in the Niger Delta.
“Our silence thus far, has been strategic and at the right time, we will reduce Nigerian oil production to zero and drive off our land, thieving oil companies. British petroleum is prepared to pay $25 billion compensation for the Gulf of Mexico oil spillage, yet for worse spillages in the Niger Delta; our people are paid with death at the hands of the Nigerian military”, it asserted.
It stated, “In the dark days to come, MTN, SACOIL, and other South African investments will pay a heavy price for the interference of Jacob Zuma in the legitimate fight for justice in the Niger Delta, by its people. The South African President has reduced himself to the position of a hired thug for Goodluck Jonathan”.
It continued, “The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (M.E.N.D) understands the negative impact our assault on the Nigerian oil industry will have on the ordinary citizen in a country which relies almost entirely on one source of revenue”.
“Unfortunately, the extremely irresponsible, floundering government of Nigeria is more concerned with enriching themselves and family members than attending to the problems of the Niger Delta and the continuously depreciating standard of living of the ordinary Nigerian.
“A government incapable of managing roads, refineries, power stations and other basic infrastructure is again squandering valuable public funds on a committee tasked with investigating the viability of nuclear energy for electricity generation.
“The government of Nigeria is incapable of safely disposing household refuse. How then do they plan to deal with the toxic by-product of nuclear energy? Nigerians must know that their president is controlled by Obasanjo, Western nations, wife and an army of sorcerers”, it added.
According to it, “In this new phase of our struggle for justice, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (M.E.N.D) will pay considerable attention to dealing with security forces and traitorous indigenes of the Niger Delta”.
“In this regard, MEND wishes to confirm that our fighters were responsible on the attack at Ogbobagbene in Burutu local government area of Delta State, on the compound of Godsday Orubebe, Minister for Niger Delta.
“The general public is again advised to take very seriously, any warnings of impending bombings. Such warnings will always precede a bombing, providing sufficient time for evacuation.
“Specific members of the security services and the media will in addition to email, receive notification of an impending attack, by SMS in order to minimize the possibility of civilian casualties”, it stated.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/mend-threatens-mtn-sacoil/
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by Nobody: 6:55am On Feb 06, 2012
if graduates from the niger delta remain unemployed, and other regionals hav jobs in oil exploration companies here in our land, AND touts r payed monthly salary branded as amnesty, then FG shud wake up and act right! Things will nt remain d way they are.
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by beafroast: 8:03am On Feb 06, 2012
@beaf, abeg where u dey? Dis guys dem be ya brodas, abi na fake dem be. Abeg come pass judgement jore!.
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by member479760: 9:12am On Feb 06, 2012
hmmmm!!!
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by Kaygeminix(f): 9:13am On Feb 06, 2012
hmm angry
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by victorazy(m): 9:15am On Feb 06, 2012
GEJ can't lead this country to better future, he should resign.
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by bigl: 9:26am On Feb 06, 2012
Well, we're at it again. After being paid monthly allowances, taken outside naija for "so called" training, now they are back in the creeks.

A friend of mine told me how these guys were unrully and misbehaved in south africa. They wld see the toilet but prefer to defaecate just outiside the toilet, etc

The main problem has not been addressed. And we ar all smoking while sitting on a tank of explosives.

I hope someone in govt is reading dis nairaland thread sha.
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 06, 2012
Im not from ND but  think friends Nigeria will be better of by communities controlling themselves. If the average ND really wants their oil alone then what is wrong with it for goodness sake rather than everybody getting stucked of blow from upward and downward.

Let Nigeria govt let this people have their oil and use it way they like it just like same thing im begging for some Northern state to have its sharia law. We can do this without division atlest lets save life yet to die.

why are f, o.o.ls putting themselves in future poverty by blowing up foreign investors no matter what,, mtn has done more good to us than bad. abeg lemme read my book i tire for Nigeria.
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by Atigba: 9:35am On Feb 06, 2012
Welcome back brothers, saling your right for a mere armnesty before, forgeting a great kingdom we were dreaming to build, Once again Welcome back,
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by ujchief(m): 9:36am On Feb 06, 2012
oya, wheres asari dokubo, wheres tampolo, boy loaf and other ex-militants? Its either we have a prodigal mend faction, or the real mend has picked up their arms once more.
At least, theres truth in their claims, we all watched as the gulf of mexico oil spillage was settled. We've seen the wastage characterised by this government. We've seen how our 'ceremonious' president has ignored critical areas of this economy that needs urgent atention.
Boko haram bombs from the north, mend bombs from the south, and the centre cannot hold
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by goggs(m): 9:48am On Feb 06, 2012
I hope this posturing from MEND is not a fall out between Jonathan and Sylvia. Some Sylvia boys may be feeling sore about their loss in the political scheme of things.

The resurrected MEND is not even stating why it wants to resume hostilities. I guess they will find a reason later.
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by jba203: 10:01am On Feb 06, 2012
They will never do it. If they do it, F 16s, via the Antlantic, we coming in
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by seunlayi(m): 10:25am On Feb 06, 2012
God help us

1 Like

Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by jmaine: 10:39am On Feb 06, 2012
As far as the former lords of the creeks are still alive in Boyloaf,Tompolo, Farah Dagogo, Ateke Tom et al., . . .This group are just blowing hot air . . .They have forgotten about John Togo so soon . .i see a repeat of his quick death here . . .
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by Koolking(m): 10:48am On Feb 06, 2012
Jonathan definitely has a lot of fishes to fry. There is more to his past than his present and future. Me think, his past as a governor in Bayelsa is coming to hunt him now at the national level. Apparently, he had no antecedent whatsoever to lead this country. The country will sure implode in his face. Even if he means well (i don't know how long Nigerians can wait) as verbally claim in some quarters without concrete evidences. It is disheartening, watching Nigerians being slaughtered in cold-blood everyday and the govt appears helpless. If the president's resignation can bring some level of respite to the already heated polity, i don't get why he is hesitating. Our leaders should learn to throw in their papers if the public is not on their side. My humble opinion.
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by Koolking(m): 10:55am On Feb 06, 2012
I had no doubt that this whole amnesty was beautifully stage-managed.
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 06, 2012
The government of Nigeria is incapable of safely disposing household refuse. How then do they plan to deal with the toxic by-product of nuclear energy?

If militants could reason this way, then we should all be some sort of a militant
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by babaowo: 11:20am On Feb 06, 2012
hmmm Another episode of drama,
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by kadree(m): 11:45am On Feb 06, 2012
Now where is that Asari Dokubo dat gave a stem warning to pengasson during d last nationwide strike"any body dat tries to make dis country ungovernable for our son shall pay for it"he must be walking with his hand on his back nw."our son"indeed
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by ogbongzky(m): 12:41pm On Feb 06, 2012
goggs:

I hope this posturing from MEND is not a fall out between Jonathan and Sylvia. Some Sylvia boys may be feeling sore about their loss in the political scheme of things.

The resurrected MEND is not even stating why it wants to resume hostilities. I guess they will find a reason later.

I suspect the fallout too,
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by Mucokey(m): 1:28pm On Feb 06, 2012
plss, Dr. Gej, u beta make peace with urself if really u mean 2 lead dis nation cos am kinda lost how u climbed 2 dis high ladder if actually u neva had 'home support'
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by mikymouse1(m): 1:58pm On Feb 06, 2012
This mend pple r criminals n shld be treated as such
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by samguru(m): 2:03pm On Feb 06, 2012
BokoHaram from the North,MEND from Niger Delta,MASSOP from East,Southwest Nil.some idiotic elements on nairaland will be posting nonsense things on nairaland especially the one titled what have yoruba done for Nigeria,
Atleat we A̶̲̥̅̊я̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ not formenting troubles
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by dmainboss: 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2012
The falacy from many of the posts on here is that they equate MEND with Niger delta militants. MEND is just one group that have refused to embrace peace not because they care about ND, but they are simply criminals trying to milk the system and now, they are being sponsored from outside ND. All the major Niger Delta militants have embraced amnesty. The amnesty program is a great success. Just go to PH and ask for yourself. Of course it doesnt solve every problem in ND but it has brought some hope and we'll see where we go from there.
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by deathmen12: 2:32pm On Feb 06, 2012
U NIGER CAN NOT MOVED FORWARD EVEN WITH THE PRESIDENCY WITH THEM THERE IS STILL MANY TROUBLE, ARARI, TOPOLO, BOY LOAF, THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR THEIR SELFISH REASON NOW. BUT NEVERTHELESS WHERE THIS GUYS IS COMING FROM IS VERY FAR JOURNEY SO ASARI AND THE REST OF ND BETRAYER SHOULD STAY CLEAR ALL EASE ND WILL BE TOO HURT TO STAY, BECAUSE THE BOYS ARE NOT SMILING.
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by Felixjude(m): 3:52pm On Feb 06, 2012
SILVA!SILVA!SILVA!, thats who's image i see as i read through the article.
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by Felixjude(m): 3:52pm On Feb 06, 2012
SILVA!SILVA!SILVA!, thats who's image i see as i read through the article.
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by Revolutnz: 3:53pm On Feb 06, 2012
The Return Of M.E.N.D Part 2

Featuring award winning top artistes like GEJ,Asari Dokubo,Boyloaf,Tompolo,JTF,Sylva,MTN,NNPC,Henry Okah,Jacob Zuma etc

Coming Out Soon!

Watch Out!
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by ezer(m): 4:36pm On Feb 06, 2012
Hmmm!where can one truelly call home in this country, east,west,south,north nowhere is safe.haba!
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 06, 2012
This is really sad sad may God help us!
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by Rhymez(m): 6:40pm On Feb 06, 2012
Nigeria my Nigeria. undecided. We are in a quicksand.
Re: Mend Threatens Mtn, Sacoil by Rhymez(m): 6:41pm On Feb 06, 2012
Nigeria my Nigeria. undecided. We are in a quicksand.

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Those Who Are Still Asking For Buhari’s Certificate / These Pictures Of AMBODE Will Make You Re-think LAGOS - Take A Look / Rivers Re-run: Inec To Receive Sensitive Materials Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.