Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

We Lazy Intellectual African Scum, Primitive & Ignorant? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Lazy Intellectual African Scum, Primitive & Ignorant? (875 Views)

Donald Trump: ''Africans Are Lazy Fools Only Good At Lovemaking And Stealing” / You Lazy (intellectual) African Scum! / Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Lazy Intellectual African Scum, Primitive & Ignorant? by ishow2005(m): 9:44am On Feb 06, 2012
Wow! The white man has spoken. Poor Africans, we are doomed!

The writer wanted to make a point, and the point is that Africans are intellectually lazy. He alluded to their lack of creativity and to the fact that Asians come to the West and borrow ideas and go back to Asia and replicate those ideas in their lands.

Nigerians, for example, are only too interested in telling you that they went to Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard and such nonsense. They are not even ashamed that they had to go to the white man's schools to acquire education, why not acquire it from African schools (why not make African schools as good as any in the world; no, instead Nigerians allowed their universities to become less than secondary schools). They tell you that they have PhD and similar nonsense. It never matters to them what PhD actually is supposed to mean.

A doctor of philosophy is a person interested in knowledge, a merchant of ideas. So, how many of our PhDs produce knowledge, write books that compete in the international market place of ideas. Can anyone consider a Nigerian PhD relevant in the world market place of ideas?

Some Nigerians call themselves professors. Professors of what? What are you professing? To profess is to teach what you believe to be the truth. So what do Nigerian professors believe to be the truth that they are teaching the rest of the world? Nothing. Instead, they think that to call themselves Professor Doctor Chief means a damn thing in folk's eyes. Professor means nothing unless you contribute to knowledge.

The writer of this piece is showing the angsts of Africans like me who look at Africa and wonder whether those living there are human beings or apes. That is correct, I often wonder if Africans are human beings or apes.

If by the middle of this century Africans have not started to contribute to science and technology and to govern themselves well I believe that some white folks will move to wipe all Africans out and turn the damn continent into a wild life preserve for white folks to come and gaze at animals. Mark that down for it is going to happen.

The world is a competitive place and if you cannot compete you deserve to die out, and I will not cry when you die after all I do not know what you are living for other than to steal from your people. What are you living for; why shouldn't you die; why should folks miss you when you die…for what you contributed to knowledge or for just being alive; are mosquitoes not alive, do we miss them when they die?

Good piece by Field Ruwe.

Ozodi Osuji
Read More

http:///zJssve
Re: We Lazy Intellectual African Scum, Primitive & Ignorant? by Jakumo(m): 9:47am On Feb 06, 2012
Beat me, humiliate me, and make me write bad checks. I MUST be punished, I say.
Re: We Lazy Intellectual African Scum, Primitive & Ignorant? by alexayng: 9:51am On Feb 06, 2012
wow

(1) (Reply)

What's Wrong With This Special Adviser's Dressing For God's Sake! / Let's Hail The North A Little / Gej. Redefining Failure. By Ogunyemi Bukola. A Must Read.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.