Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,697 members, 7,805,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Opening The Door For Ladies - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Opening The Door For Ladies (7269 Views)

What Age Is Best For Marriage For Ladies And Guys? Your Opinion... / TEN Types Of Men Who Will Cheat On You No Matter What [must Read For Ladies] / 10 Signs He Wants To Marry You - For Ladies Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opening The Door For Ladies by Ammyng(f): 6:24pm On Feb 06, 2012
Why do gentlemen always open doors for ladies, ladies do you consider men that gets the door for you a gentleman? I know this might not be a right forum to post this topic since 70% of our men are far from being gentlemen unless they are trying to impress your pant.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Mynd44: 6:28pm On Feb 06, 2012
My driver opens the door for me whether I am with my girl or not.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by MrsChima1(f): 6:29pm On Feb 06, 2012
It is not important to me but I do not deny my husband when he wants to open the door for me.  

Elders say that the "old school" respect to open doors for women, but this is a new era and things have changed.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Afam4eva(m): 6:31pm On Feb 06, 2012
That's very unafrican except your wife is disabled.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by claremont(m): 6:32pm On Feb 06, 2012
I do it all the time as part of the culture of the country I live in. It has more to do with being polite, than being a gentleman. A gentleman is something I know I'm far from being! grin
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Ammyng(f): 6:34pm On Feb 06, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

It is not important to me but I do not deny my husband when he wants to open the door for me.  

Elders say that the "old school" respect to open doors for women, but this is a new era and things have changed.  

You are right, i think now its just a matter of manners and mode.

Mynd_44:

My driver opens the door for me whether I am with my girl or not.

Sir are you  disable, elderly lost your driver's license, don't know how to drive or just about to brag? Just asking undecided

1 Like

Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Ammyng(f): 6:36pm On Feb 06, 2012
afam4eva:

Here they come
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Afam4eva(m): 6:38pm On Feb 06, 2012
Ammyng:

Here they come

Why should you open your door and go round to open the door with someone who is not disabled. Infact it's a very stupid thing to do.

1 Like

Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Ammyng(f): 6:41pm On Feb 06, 2012
afam4eva:

Why should you open your door and go round to open the door with someone who is not disabled. Infact it's a very silly thing to do.

What about those moments you UnCloth your girlfriend just to penetrate? She's disble?
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Afam4eva(m): 6:45pm On Feb 06, 2012
Ammyng:

What about those moments you UnCloth your girlfriend just to penetrate? She's disble?

Point of correction, i've never had a girlfriend in my life. And undressing a girl is a different kettle of fish.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Mynd44: 6:50pm On Feb 06, 2012
Ammyng:

You are right, i think now its just a matter of manners and mode.

Sir are you  disable, elderly lost your driver's license, don't know how to drive or just about to brag? Just asking undecided
It is the answer your dumb question deserves
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Killz3(m): 6:51pm On Feb 06, 2012
Well, the only time a man should open a car door for a woman is
1. If she's a new wife and
2. If the car is new!
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Omoadugbo(m): 6:54pm On Feb 06, 2012
A Finance Start-up in IBADAN is interested in the SERVICE and Partnership of any of the INTERCONTINENTAL BANK Staff currently on the Sad Resignation URGENTLY.

The Finance Start-up deals in Branded and Innovative SAVINGS and LOANS Venture on Retail Level. The Base Office is Located around OKE-ADO, IBADAN.

The Interested Person may be a FEMALE EX-BANKER with Experience in WORKING in a TEAM and Must be READY to co-ordinate other Field Fund Officer

She must be ABLE to Act in TWO CAPACITIES.

1. As the chief ACCOUNTANT Officer, Do all basic Accounting Function of the Organisation.

2. As the TEAM HEAD of the Field Fund Officers who will always Report to HER.

SHE MUST BE ABLE to Influence KEY Decision Taking Processes of the Organisation and with a Vibrant ABILITY to Market the BUSINESS IDEA to the Business Community and POTENTIAL INVESTORS.

Any Interested PERSON(s) can contact the Strategy Office of the Organisation via e-mail: ariyoakinsola@gmail.com URGENTLY

1 Like

Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by claremont(m): 6:56pm On Feb 06, 2012
Is there something I'm missing here?! Did the OP specifically mention "cars" in her post?! I wonder why you guys seem to think opening door for ladies is restricted to cars!
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 06, 2012
Typically, it's polite for people to hold the door open when they're ahead, for those behind them. Of course, they don't have to and some don't. But whether it be a man or woman behind you I don't see why you can't keep the door open for them. It only takes a few seconds! I try to do it whenever I'm walking ahead of someone or just use one of my hands to keep it open for them and then I'm on my way. What I don't like is when guys do it just to impress someone. undecided
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by slimyem: 7:00pm On Feb 06, 2012
when Nigerian men open doors for a chic,something's definitely fishy!
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Mynd44: 7:04pm On Feb 06, 2012
Fishy? Meaty nko?
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by slimyem: 7:09pm On Feb 06, 2012
Mynd_44:

Fishy? Meaty nko?
could be too.
Nigerian men are too concerned about money,punny ,sports and a lot of other things to remember courtesying as simple as it is.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Killz3(m): 7:12pm On Feb 06, 2012
I know this might not be a right forum to post this topic since 70% of our men are far from being gentlemen unless they are trying to impress your pant.
So if a man opens doors for you, he impresses your pant? Smh! undecided
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Mynd44: 7:14pm On Feb 06, 2012
If a man opens a door for you, it does not tell you what type of man he is
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 06, 2012
Doing that you have 35% chance of being laid
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by lillys(f): 9:07pm On Feb 06, 2012
afam4eva:

lol, is it dat bad?
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by zolzlolz(f): 9:32pm On Feb 06, 2012
If there is true equality between men and women, it shouldn't be protocol for men to open doors for women and give up their seat in the bus for women. But men should not feel their equal enough to women and fight them like they fight their buddies.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Afam4eva(m): 9:43pm On Feb 06, 2012
Women preach equality only when it soothes them.

1 Like

Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by MrsChima1(f): 11:16pm On Feb 06, 2012
I do not evaluate my husband base on how frequent he opens the door for me, I guess I am the rare few that focuses on substance and quality than quantity and shallowness.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Mynd44: 11:23pm On Feb 06, 2012
As wise as ever Mrs Chima
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Chimezie198(m): 11:43pm On Feb 06, 2012
My bedroom door is alwayz open to all my girlfriends!

1 Like

Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Mynd44: 11:59pm On Feb 06, 2012
Nonsense. Bedroom ko toilet ni
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 2:57am On Feb 07, 2012
It's only a weak man that will open a door for a woman
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Metalgoong(m): 3:33am On Feb 07, 2012
Adetayo100:

It's only a weak man that will open a door for a woman

afam4eva:

Women preach equality only when it soothes them.

hehehehehehehe . . . My country men, you guys shouldnt kill me with laughter grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Chnges(m): 10:46am On Feb 07, 2012
Those days are gone when the guys do the opening. If she's waiting for me to open the door for her, she'll definitely go on foot. After suffering to make money, i'll suffer to open the door and if i try to show her extreme love, she'll take me for granted. Smh!
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by InkedNerd(f): 11:06am On Feb 07, 2012
For me its a polite gesture, no different from me opening a door for an elderly person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

can I marry this person? / Rokiatu Romanceland Serial Killer /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.