Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring (37714 Views)

Top 16 Richest Nigerian Entrepreneurs That Never Finished School / Inspiring Success Stories Of Nigerian Entrepreneurs And Role Models / 10 Nigerian Entrepreneurs To Watch Out For In 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by IAH(f): 2:23pm On Mar 18, 2006
Let's lay aside the Bill Gateses, Richard Bransons, Michael Dells, etc. and celebrate our own Nigerian entrepreneurs who made it despite the harsh economic situation in Nigeria. Mention the ones you know and their major achievements. Please don't give names of military and public funds looters, we are talking of entrepreneurs here. wink

Mike Adenuga
Aliko Dangote
you already know these ones very well. cool

Razaq Okoya - The 'Eleganza' man. He is an industrialist. Eleganza industries produce biros, coolers, etc.

Obateru Akinruntan - You must have been seeing Obat Petrol stations here and there. He owns all of them. He also has the largest privately owned oil depot and jetty in Africa. shocked

Folu Ayeni - He started Tantalizers and brought it up to become a formidable competitor for the widely popular Mr Biggs. Now the outlets are virtually everywhere in Nigeria. Quite an achiever there but umm, he needs to stop chasing small chics.lipsrsealed

Alex Ibru - The brain behind the most widely read Newspapers in Nigerian - Guardian Newspapers. I heard he (and his brothers) are also behind Oceanic Bank.

Oladele Olashore - I don't know if Lead Bank has gone with the bank consolidation thing but he owns the bank. He is the king of Iloko-Ijesha. He also has a school there called Olashore International.

Chidi Anyaegbu - King of the transport industry. All those big luxurious buses bearing Chisco Transport are owned by him. His company is the biggest in the industry.

So add more. And please help us to look for women! If you put the name of a woman, you win a special prize from me! cheesy

How come there are more Yorubas in that list? tongue
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by thelma2(f): 5:58pm On Mar 20, 2006
Mike Adenuga - owner GLO network
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by Skidoc(m): 6:42pm On Mar 20, 2006
IAH:

Because Yorubas are achievers! cheesy More Yorubas for you:
Dele Momodu
Wahab Folawiyo
Ojora
Sola Saraki
MKO
and last but not least, me, myself and I. Ifedamola Shoyemi. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by zebudaya(m): 7:09pm On Mar 20, 2006
IAH:

How come there are more Yorubas in that list? because you typed it duh! It's your list.
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 20, 2006
zebudaya:
How come there are more Yorubas in that list? because you typed it duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. It's your list.

if u are igbo or whatever and you know other people of repute simply post them.
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by zebudaya(m): 8:58pm On Mar 20, 2006
I was happy when she mentioned NIGERIAN entrepreneurs.  and what i wasn't happy about i brought attention to it.
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by diyobdw(f): 7:49am On Mar 21, 2006
Funmi Iyanda(New dawn on NTA)
Bola Attah(true love magazine)
Bisi Olatilo(BISCOM-Bisi olatilo show)
The Bruce family!!(thaey are a bunch)
more later,
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by LoverBwoy(m): 3:17pm On Mar 21, 2006
why the hell are u deleting my posts ?
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by Skidoc(m): 3:49pm On Mar 21, 2006
Post it again. He's not online. grin
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by LoverBwoy(m): 4:27pm On Mar 21, 2006
okay  grini don't think what i posted was offensive in anyway wellsha, he must have been googleing again

i like the topic but hey why u gotta mention the tribe thingy, you should have atleast let people reply very well before u come to that

i think any post containing the word "tribe" is now taken to be offensive na wa o too much regulation self
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by IAH(f): 7:23pm On Mar 22, 2006
Ok sorry about the tribe thingy. kiss
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by LoverBwoy(m): 10:25pm On Mar 22, 2006
can i include Jim Ovia or whatshecalled, the Zenith Bank Guy
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by okafor(m): 6:50am On Mar 23, 2006
1. A.C. Okafor Chicason Group:

A-Z Petroleum
Cason Travels
Life Vegetable Oil

Someone in Nigeria should help me upadate his companies/products . I have been away for a while.

2. The man that owns Cosms Chemical (Dudu-Osun Black Soap)

3. Cosmos Mmaduka: Coscharis Group (#1 Dealer in BMW, Land and Range Rovers)

4. Ekene Dili Chukwu Transport. He is the first guy that imported Mercedez Trucks in Nigeria and King of the Nigeria passenger Transport Industry.

Let's be real and mention everyone, irrespective of tribe.
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by losinowo: 12:20am On Mar 25, 2006
please do not forget the new generation of Nigerian businessmen:

Wale Tinubu -- Oando
Femi Odetola --Zenon Oil
Jimoh Ibrahim-- Global Fleet and new owner of NICON Insurance
The Dantata family
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by Hotstepper(f): 3:54am On Mar 25, 2006
As Okafor mentioned. Chicason, Ilodibe(Ekene Dili Chukwu), Hilary Izundu Unachukwu, Carter Bridge, Chukwuzubelu (VINAS) etc

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by Seun(m): 2:48pm On Mar 27, 2006
Can you post the pictures, and more comprehensive profiles of the ones you admire most on the list? And why exactly you think they are worth admiring?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by dude(m): 8:13pm On Mar 28, 2006
iya basira beer palour,
omo oni tomato
omo cash and carry ( allen avenue)
Fred ajadua
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by Skidoc(m): 8:14pm On Mar 28, 2006
dude:

iya basira beer palour,
omo oni tomato
omo cash and carry ( allen avenue)
Fred ajadua

dude, what shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by dude(m): 8:27pm On Mar 28, 2006
iya basira beer palour ( where i shack)
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by somebody(f): 2:37am On Apr 03, 2006
@skidoC, Dele Momodu is soooo not yoruba. He is from edo state.
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by Naijapikin(m): 5:39pm On Apr 03, 2006
dude:

iya basira beer palour ( where i shack)

Dude, that's very verrrry funny.

On a more serious note:

1. Dangote(I love this man-all his products has a Nigerian flavour-the name DANGOTE). This is one Nigerian I'm studying.

2. Mike Adenuga

3. Jim Ovia

4. The Ibru Family(I admire their family co-operation)

5. Vincent Maduka-Coscharis

6. Femi Otedola-Zenon

7. Jimoh Braimoh-for buying mighty NICON Insurance.

8. Tony Momoh-Our future Ted Turner

9. Otunba Bola Kuforiji-Olubi

10. The Owner of Omatek Computers

11. Seun Oshewa(for this innovation-u know now!)
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by Skidoc(m): 9:52pm On Apr 03, 2006
somebody:

@skidoC, Dele Momodu is soooo not yoruba. He is from edo state.

Helloooooooo honey, his full name is Ayobami dele Momodu, what does that sound like to your ears?
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by LoverBwoy(m): 10:09pm On Apr 03, 2006
Naijapikin:

Dude, that's very verrrry funny.

11. Seun Oshewa(for this innovation-u know now!)

u know!! , Just imagine if there is electricity 24/7 in nigeria,hmmm he'll probably be the main rival for google n wikipedia grin
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by omon(m): 1:46pm On Apr 04, 2006
okafor:

3. Cosmos Mmaduka: Coscharis Group (#1 Dealer in BMW, Land and Range Rovers)

4. Ekene Dili Chukwu Transport. He is the first guy that imported Mercedez Trucks in Nigeria and King of the Nigeria passenger Transport Industry.

These guys have been in the transport business for years.  Why have they been unable to provide services for all routes through out Nigeria?

Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by Naijapikin(m): 7:58am On Apr 05, 2006
Naijapikin:

8. Tony Momoh-Our future Ted Turner

[/quote]Sorry,I meant JOHN MOMOH of Channels TV.

[quote author=Skidoc link=topic=8647.msg269442#msg269442 date=1144097542]
Helloooooooo honey, his full name is Ayobami dele Momodu, what does that sound like to your ears?
Dele Momodu is from Edo State. He's from Edo North just like Dele Giwa(of blessed memory).There are people with Yoruba names and speaks Yoruba as a second language.They are mainly in Akoko Edo areaof Edo State.

Well,the most important thing is that he's not an American or Briton but a proudly Naijapikin.
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by somebody(f): 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2006
Thank you naija pikin. @ skidoc, Dele Momodu is from edo state. Don't know what part (I SHOULD KNOW, I AM EDO) but there is a part of edo state that they have yoruba names.
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by DoMH: 4:27am On Jul 11, 2006
Many
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by diddy4(m): 6:34am On Jul 11, 2006
dan dollars motors---about covering all major cities
young shall grow motors---covers all 36 states

Tonimas oil--one of the leading oil marketers
jumbo--has fleet of hotels and sole distributor of stock fish b4 many people ventured into the business.
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by Ayzerodot: 12:04pm On Oct 20, 2006
I wonder why no one is talking about our women.

Funmi Iyanda-New Dawn on 10 (NTA Channel10).She gave meaning to her type of show

Betty Irabor-CEO,Genevieve Magazine.
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by diyobdw(f): 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2006
welcome to nairaland grin
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by rxl4fire(m): 11:32am On Oct 25, 2006
I am sooooo happy about this forum, at least I have not felt anybody trying to scam anybody, grin
About entrepreneurs in Nigeria, , there so so many of us.
Victor Ifezue----- President of Kings Knight Industrial Co Ltd.
He went to Warri for his Youth service, in 1991, today, his company owns 4 filling stations, does Pressure test
and Leak Test for companies, and he is generally doing well. Employs about 50 people directly and many more indirectly.
If you know you have done well for yourself, and you think you can put your name on this list,,,pls go ahead, we can actually form a group and
discuss business,
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring by bani(m): 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2006
well tribal sentiments are unavoidable in this mixture called Nigeria. But to make some things clear on each tribe i would state MY OWN views .
the YORUBAS are used to name praising and publicity, not scared of controversies and actually love the headlines and it works for them, because they actually get known and respected, thats why you would readily list them.
an IGBO man, loves to make his money without having issues, because controversies could hinder his flow of cash to his business. so he keeps a low profile and just his village people know him. thats why there are lots of God fathers in south east politics.
A HAUSA man, well its always a family business so the name overshadow the rest of the family who have achieved, but they mostly shun publicity.
a Niger delta man, most are mistaken for igbos or my Edo brothers are mistaken for yorubas, so they dont always get their full credit.
i could list lots of entrepreneurs from the south east which might sound strange to the main naija populace.
the basic point is that we have got lots of naija entrepreneurs making it and as one of the post said if u feel one of your 'brothers' name is missing out, put up your own post lets know him/her.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ore Industrial Park Ondo Begins Full Operations (Photos) / BVN Registration Extended To October / Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.