Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa (9979 Views)

How Ex-president Arranged Arrest of Diezani - Silverbirdtv.com / President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion / Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by 13volts(m): 8:09am On Feb 07, 2012
Sect strikes in Borno, Kano

Detained Boko Haram spokesman Abu Qaqa has given State Security Service (SSS) operatives “reasonable clues” on the sect’s operations, The Nation learnt yesterday.

Qaqa reportedly spoke of how some members of the sect who were tired of fighting were “slaughtered” in the presence of members of their families. Seven were killed recently, he reportedly told detectives. The killings were said to have been ordered by the sect’s leader, Iman Shekau.

Qaqa is said to have confirmed that among members of the sect are Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, Chadians and Nigeriens.

Besides, detectives discovered that the spokesman was using four pseudonyms to avoid being arrested.

But the SSS has established that Qaqa is an Ebira from Ajaokuta Local Government Area of Kogi State – the scene of last week’s devastating attack on a bank, which was bombed by yet unknown men.

While the SSS is grappling with the interrogation of the Boko Haram spokesman, there are indications that the FBI and other foreign experts brought in to probe the June 16, 2011 bombing of the Police Headquarters in Abuja may have been stuck.

A source close to the SSS probe of Boko Haram activities said: “The arrest of Qaqa has led to the unraveling of many leads on the operations of the sect. The suspect, who has cooperated with us so far, has confirmed our initial clue that foreign elements from Chad and Niger Republic are key members of the sect.

“That is why it has been difficult to check the Boko Haram insurgency. They have operation bases in Nigeria, Chad, and Niger. So, each time they attacked any institution, they retreat to these bases.”

Detectives are sure that Qaqa is “critical” to the sect’s operation. “Yet, he only read Social Work and Administration,” said the source, who pleaded not to be named because of the “sensitivity” of the matter.

The source also quoted Qaqa as saying that before his arrest, Boko Haram was getting wearied.

Besides, it was learnt; he hinted of a division within the sect, following continuous arrests of non-Kanuri members (Hausa, Fulani, Chadians and Nigeriens) of Boko Haram.

The source quoted Qaqa as saying: “Before I was arrested, some of us were already showing signs of tiredness. Most of us were tired of fighting, but we couldn’t come out to say so because of fear of reprisal from leader Imam Shekau on dissenting members.

“Several of our members who denounced the violent struggle were slaughtered in front of their wives and children. Seven were killed recently.

“Besides some of us, the non-Kanuri (Hausa, Fulani and others) in the sect were worried at the trend of arrests of our members. It is either that the security agents were so good at their job or some of our members were moles giving us out.

“The worrying aspect was that most of our key members arrested were non-Kanuri, which raised fears that there’s sectional betrayal of members.”

Responding to a question, the source added that the SSS has succeeded in verifying the identity of the Boko Haram spokesman.

He said: “He is an Ebira man. He was involved in Boko Haram assaults on Bauchi State and was arrested. But he was set free by members of the sect.

“No wonder there has been unease in the sect since Qaqa was arrested, considering the huge volume of information at his disposal.

“Abu Qaqa, 42, has variously used the names: Mohammed Shuaibu, Mohammed Bello, Abu Tiamiya, and Abdulrahman Abdullahi.

“When he was set free after the Bauchi jail break by some of their members, he adopted Abu Dardaa and ended up with Abu Qaqa, until his arrest.

“He holds an Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Social Work and Administration from Ramat Polytechnic in Maiduguri , Borno State .

“He is from Ebiya South Village in Ajaokuta Local Government Area of Kogi State.”

The source said investigation was shifting to the uncovering of the sponsors of Boko Haram and how the sect has been sourcing its arms.

Also yesterday, there were hints that the FBI and other foreign experts brought in to probe the June 16, 2011 bombing of the Police Headquarters in Abuja were stuck.

A police source, who pleaded not to be named because he is not permitted to talk to the media, said the experts could only conduct forensic examination on the wreckage of the vehicles and shrapnel of the bombs.

“The former Inspector-General of Police, Hafiz Ringim, brought in these foreign bomb experts without allowing local input from crack investigators in the police.

“I can tell you that these experts have been stuck because they do not know the terrain. They cannot speak our language and they do not understand our culture,” the source said, adding:

“Worse still during the period, the Police Special Investigation Unit was more or less technically disbanded. Is it not disturbing that we have not been able to investigate bomb explosions at our doorsteps?

“If you look at how the SSS arrested Abu Qaqa, it was a Hausa speaking officer, who just returned from a training session in London that made the breakthrough. We hope the new IGP, Mr. Mohammed Dikko Abubakar, will revisit the probe into the explosions at the Force Headquarters.”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/35982-suspect-gives-sss-boko-haram-operations-clues.html
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by 13volts(m): 8:18am On Feb 07, 2012
It means the non kanuris I.e hausas in the sect are mostly the ones arrested as evident it the arrest of the sect members in Kano, Bauchi and recently in Kaduna and Sokoto. It also means the security agencies are receiving intelligence and support from the hausas in their quest to bring an end to the blood shed. infact in one of the dailies I read today a hausa speaking intelligence officer who just arrived from a training in London was instrumental in the arrest of Abu Qaqa.

Fellow Nigerians Boko Haram days are numbered to my Kanuris in Borno and Yobe emulate the hausas so that we bring an end to these blood sucking vampires.
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by 13volts(m): 8:21am On Feb 07, 2012
can someone pls post the link in both the sun, nation and tribune so that all can read from it. I can't 'coz am posting from a mobile phone.
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 07, 2012
Never trust the Nigerian Media these days. How many conflicting stories we've heard from them.
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by karlmax2: 8:41am On Feb 07, 2012
Abul Qaqa Confession Shows Bloodletting And Fear As Instruments of Control Within Boko Haram

Boko Haram leader Shekau
By Saharareporters, New York
Explosive information received by SaharaReporters from the ongoing interrogation of Boko Haram suspect Abuh Qaqa shows that the Islamist militia leader, Imam Shekau, has been using bloodletting and brutality to keep internal division and dissension under control. 
Abu Qaqa, the Boko Haram spokesman who was arrested last week, has reportedly told interrogators that members who challenged the group’s use of violence, including seven recently, are slaughtered in front of their wives and children. 
Qaqa, who is from Kogi State, unveiled a worrisome trend on the part of the non-Kanuris in the arrest of members, a pattern that suggested deliberate internal betrayal of the Hausas, Fulanis and others.   
In the view of the 42-year old, who holds the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Social Work and Administration from Ramat Polytechnic in Maiduguri, “It is either that the security agents were so good at their job, or some of our members were moles giving us out.”
Qaqa told the investigators of the weariness of members even before his arrest, maintaining that Shekau was using fear to keep them violent.  “Most of us were tired of fighting but we couldn't come out to say so because of fear of reprisal from Leader Imam Shekau on dissenting members.”
It has now been learnt that Qaqa, who is from Eviya South Village in Ajaokuta Local Government Area of Kogi, travelled with a variety of identities as a member of Boko Haram, including: Mohammed Shauibu, Mohammed Bello, Abu Tiamiya, and Abdulrahman Abdullahi.
Following the Bauchi jail break when he regained his freedom, however, he adopted “Abu Dardaa,” but was Abu Qaqa until his arrest last week.
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by Rad1cal: 9:06am On Feb 07, 2012
diluminati:

Never trust the Nigerian Media these days. How many conflicting stories we've heard from them.

We should not trust news sources because the break through is saddening to a Boko Haram apologist like your foolish self.

You and your ilks are all going down soonest cool
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 07, 2012
Use a blackberry? Add me on BBm. Pin:26BE3874. Everybody's welcome wink
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by Umunede(m): 9:33am On Feb 07, 2012
I have always know this Ebira(Kogi) Muslim and Yoruba muslims in my school(Bayero University, Kano) to be more violent than the Hausas themselves when I was in school. I mean Yoruba muslims residing in the north. But unfortunately, the hausas hate them. They dont trust them, that is why they keep giving them away
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by omo9ja1(m): 9:37am On Feb 07, 2012
I hope this guy will not escape again lipsrsealed
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by chuks49(m): 9:48am On Feb 07, 2012
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 07, 2012
omo9ja1:

A beg make them hollam well oo.
He fit escape now and turn to Abu Tata or Abu Yaya.
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by jmaine: 9:52am On Feb 07, 2012
noblezone:

E fit even be Ab0u [size=16pt]Diaby[/size]  grin
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by freegaza(m): 9:55am On Feb 07, 2012
Goverment sponsored news
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by mekuzoil(m): 10:01am On Feb 07, 2012
The days of BH are obviously numbered, just a matter of months they will all disappear from the surface of the earth.
God is a prayer answering God!
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by Bello555: 10:14am On Feb 07, 2012
When things happen in naija, we only pray it ends, becos, our police, judiciary, senators, executives will never tell us the gospel truth.
If i was the IG, i shud be more concerned abouy dose dat sponsor and ship in these weapons. I believe thats the fastest way to end it. Becos as the police is arresting them, they are recruiting more.
We are tiered of hearing who are the boko haram. Lets get the rich men behind them. No matter who he is, he shud be exposed
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by Bello555: 10:19am On Feb 07, 2012
How many days he has been caught, can't the police get who is sponsoring them? Or they dont want to tell us. We are tiered of hearin about them and d ethnic groups that are in d boko haram sect.
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by DieWorthy: 10:46am On Feb 07, 2012
angry I Hope n truly hope dis one doesn't escape, cos if dt happens ebe like say no be only police chief we go sack Jona go follow.
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by highland(m): 11:02am On Feb 07, 2012
The Leader is wicked and brutal in is approach to the BH members, am sure he is not safe.
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by highland(m): 11:04am On Feb 07, 2012
The Leader is wicked and brutal in is approach to the BH members, am sure he is not safe.
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by waxrider: 11:11am On Feb 07, 2012

Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa
« #13 on: Today at 10:01:49 AM »

The days of BH are obviously numbered, just a matter of months they will all disappear from the surface of the earth.
God is a prayer answering God!

Some people were mocking Pastor Oyedepo when he rained curse on them. Shame on you
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by tpia5: 12:02pm On Feb 07, 2012
Na wa o.

Lord have mercy, smh.

Why is boko haram filled with so many foreigners to begin with.

And are these foreigners giving boko haram info on their home areas?

What a shame but no be today sha. And what kind of person joins that kind of organization knowing full well he has a family? You are killing other people's families while thinking yours will remain safe?

The dangers of extremism.

This is why westerners say look before you leap. If you allow yourself to be dragged into a terrorist organization in the name of being religious, then na your life be that oh. You wont get it back.
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by Beync(f): 12:44pm On Feb 07, 2012
diluminati:

Dont worry u dont need to trust them. U can see ur heart is aching becos ur blood thirsty bk brothers will soon be busted.
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by Beaf: 3:13pm On Feb 07, 2012
“Besides some of us, the non-Kanuri (Hausa, Fulani and others) in the sect were worried at the trend of arrests of our members. It is either that the security agents were so good at their job or some of our members were [b]moles [/b]giving us out.

The bolded is key. Perhaps boko haram has been penetrated by the SSS eg the Hausa speaking guy that led to Abu qaqa's arrest.
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by Beaf: 3:17pm On Feb 07, 2012
omo9ja1:

This time, the guy is being held by the army. He was also arrested by the SSS and army.
Nowadays, nobody de trust police again; at least until that den of N20 checkpoint vipers has been shaken out.
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by Baawaa(m): 3:22pm On Feb 07, 2012
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by youngdee168(m): 3:58pm On Feb 07, 2012
Umunede:

I have always know this Ebira(Kogi) Muslim and Yoruba muslims in my school(Bayero University, Kano) to be more violent than the Hausas themselves when I was in school. I mean Yoruba muslims residing in the north. But unfortunately, the hausas hate them. They dont trust them, that is why they keep giving them away
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by phreakabit(m): 4:27pm On Feb 07, 2012
[size=18pt]Abu Qaqa, 42, has variously used the names: Mohammed Shuaibu, Mohammed Bello, Abu Tiamiya, and Abdulrahman Abdullahi.
[/size]

Timaya ke?     shocked
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 07, 2012
please let us see his face.
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by untainted: 7:07pm On Feb 07, 2012
noblezone:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, u no lie my brother
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by babihouse(m): 4:27pm On Feb 08, 2012
lol
Re: Arrest Of Non-Kanuris Divided Boko Haram - Abu Qaqa by betty009(f): 1:35pm On Mar 08, 2012
I am Miss Betty Bill, I work with Dell Company here in the United State of America (Chicago Branch)

Sir it have come to my notice that Electronics sell very well there in West Africa, meaning that Nigeria is the place were Electronics is highly required in the Market.

i have decided to look our for God fearing and humble Nigerian, due to i am planning on establishing a Whole Sales and Retailers buying site there in Nigeria, where Nigerians can buy it cheap and easy.

These men are to represent the me there in Nigeria and each will handle each selling site there

But first, i will give each man a try by sending little quantity of the products to them and if you can sell and send the money back, then you have created a trust.

If you are interested you are to forward any required information to my mail
Full Name:
to (bettybill98@yahoo.com)

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti State LG Election To Be Held On 19th Dec 2015 - Gov Ayo Fayose / Umahi On Inspection And Commissioning Tour To Mark His Two Years In Office / Gunmen Kidnap 2 Catholic Priests In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.